• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Party help

AMBFCHD

Passionate trader
As I started to play diamond after a longer break, I'd need some tips on how to improve my party so after time I could maybe start battling people for fun :)... what moves should I teach my pokemon instead of HM's? (except surf)? Plus my party isn't really fully built yet :p

;006;

Charizard Lvl. 100
Adamant nature/Blaze/Leftovers

Mega Kick
Toxic
Overheat
Flamethrower

;430;

Honchkrow Lvl. 76
Mild nature/Insomnia/Dread Plate

Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball
Fly
Aerial Ace

;055;

Golduck Lvl. 82
Naive nature/Damp/Sea Incense

Hydro Pump
Strength
Surf
Psychic

;460;

Abomasnow Lvl. 66
Jolly nature/Snow Warning/Miracle Seed

Sheer Cold
Rock Climb
Blizzard
Wood Hammer

;462;

Magnezone Lvl. 66
Serious nature/Sturdy/Magnet

Tri Attack
Thunder Wave
Thunder
Zap Cannon

and... no 6th pokemon yet :D

suggestions please :)

AlCario

Banned
The sixth spot can go to a HM slave, which eliminates the need to use the worse HMs on your main party pokemon.

Charizard Lvl. 100
Adamant nature/Blaze/Leftovers

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Roost

Adamant, eh? Interesting nature for Charizard. Swords Dance is probably the only option you have without rebreeding for a different nature. Use Swords Dance first to boost your Attack. Earthquake and Flare Blitz together provide good type coverage (Earthquake is also SE against those pesky Rock and Electric types) and Roost gets recovery from Flare Blitz's recoil.

Honchkrow Lvl. 76
Mild nature/Insomnia/Life Orb

Dark Pulse
Sucker Punch
Drill Peck
Heat Wave

You don't need Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball, their typing is almost the same. Sucker Punch because Honchkrow needs a priority move. Drill Peck serves as a secondary STAB type while Heat Wave hits Steels.

Golduck Lvl. 82
Naive nature/Damp/Wise Glasses or Choice Specs

Hypnosis
Ice Beam
Surf
Psychic

Surf and Psychic for STAB, Hypnosis for status, and Ice Beam for Grass types, as well as providing useful SE hits on Dragon and Flying.

Abomasnow Lvl. 66
Jolly nature/Snow Warning/Muscle Band

Ice Shard
Substitute
Swords Dance

Wood Hammer

NEVER use OHKO moves, they're too unreliable. Ice Shard for priority (and Abomaslow gets STAB from it) Sub blocks status and sometimes lets you get in an SD, Wood Hammer for STAB.

Magnezone Lvl. 66
Serious nature/Sturdy/Light Clay

Light Screen
Reflect
Explosion
Thunderbolt

Standard Light Screen/Reflect user. Use this guy as your lead. Set up Light Screen and Reflect and use Explosion when your HP is running low. Thunderbolt serves as a useful STAB move if you get a chance to use it.

6th poke: SLAVE

Without breeding for Egg moves/natures this is the best I can do for it. I would also like to point out that rock and electric types are SE against three of your pokes.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Adamant on Charizard was pretty common back then. However, let's go with Jolly this time.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
Ability: Blaze
-Belly Drum
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Roost

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Ability: Super Luck
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Heat Wave

Golduck @ Life Orb
Calm Nature Nature
Ability: Damp
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Signal Beam/Light Screen

Golduck doesn't get STAB from Psychic.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Ability: Snow Warning
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Blizzard
-Grass Knot/Protect

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Ability: Sturdy
-Thunderbolt
-HP Grass/HP Ice
-Substitute
-Explosion/Light Screen

Final

I Submit to No One
As I started to play diamond after a longer break, I'd need some tips on how to improve my party so after time I could maybe start battling people for fun :)... what moves should I teach my pokemon instead of HM's? (except surf)? Plus my party isn't really fully built yet :p

;006;

Charizard
Adamant nature/Blaze/Life Orb / Muscle Band

Rock Slide
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Dragon Dance / Swords Dance

A dancing Charizard. Dragon Dance or Swords Dance are your stat-up moves and the attacks are for Type Coverage. Rock Slide, Earthquake and Flare Blitz provide great Type coverage together. Only Flygon I think resists the Type combination but it would still take a lot from Flare Blitz after a Swords Dance or Dragon Dance boost anyway. Life Orb or Muscle Band give Charizard's moves the little extra kick.

;430;

Honchkrow
Naive nature/Insomnia/Life Orb

Sucker Punch
Drill Peck
Heat Wave
Superpower

This set is more effective for Honchkrow. Sucker Punch for a STABed priority move and it hits hard coming off a base 125 Attack and makes up for its average Speed. Drill Peck is for secondary STAB, Superpower is powerful and provides great coverage alongside Sucker Punch and Heat Wave gets through Steel Types.

;055;

Golduck
Timid nature/Damp/Choice Specs

Focus Blast
Ice Beam
Surf
Psychic

Golduck's Special Attack is its best stat and Choice Specs lets Golduck use it. Timid is for as much Speed as possible without sacraficing his Defenses. Ice Beam is what this set shoudl definately know. Otherwise you can't hurt bulky Grass Types. Focus Blast while being inaccurate lets Golduck hurt more Pokemon but the misses can be annoying when they happen. Hydro Pump as powerful as it is also has a habit of missing which can be a turn off. Especially when Surf is available.

;460;

Abomasnow
Hasty / Naive nature/Snow Warning/Life Orb

Brick Break / Earthquake
Ice Shard
Blizzard
Wood Hammer

Abomasnow can used a mixed attacking set quite well and with Blizzard's 100% Accuracy in Hail and power as well as Wood Hammer's power, it is very true. Ice Shard is STABed and can be used to pick off weakened opponents and Earthquake / Brick Break are other moves that can be used to attack with. Also, steer clear of OHKO moves. They are unreliable and don't work unless your using Smeargle or Articuno since they have Mind Reader / Lock-On to make them hit.

;462;

Magnezone
Rash / Naive Nature nature/Magnet Pull/Choice Scarf

Tri Attack
Flash Cannon
Explosion
Thunderbolt

A revenge Steel Trapper and high powered. Thunderbolt is all around the best STAB move for Magnezone. Flash Cannon is for secondary STAB and Explosion can be used when Magnezone is low on heath. Choice Scarf and Magnet Pull means Magnezone will trap Steel Types and net its kill.

and... no 6th pokemon yet :D

suggestions please :)

Suggestions bolded.

Last edited:

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Life Orb+Flare Blitz on Charizard is risky. Try Fire Punch. Get rid of Rock Slide because of poor accuracy and it's inferiority to Stone Edge(which Charizard cannot learn). Rock Slide type-trumps Flying, and Bug, which don't pose any immediate threats to Charizard. Thunder Punch can go in place of Rock Slide, and SD>DD.

Try not to run all-out attacking Abomasnow, unless it's a Choice Set. Because of its rather poor speed and atk power, support moves are often used to compliment Abomasnow's attacking capabilities.

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Snow Warning
-Leech Seed
-Wood Hammer
-Blizzard
-Substitute/Focus Punch

If you're running with Substitute, you won't need Ice Shard, since the protection from your substitute will take the damage for you, thus giving you a free turn. Focus Punch will require some good prediction, but hits Steel-types, which resist you. Earthquake>Focus Punch is fine, to also be able to hit Fire-types. Ice Punch/Ice Shard>Blizzard is also a viable option.

Choice Scarf, since you already have 3 other speedy pokemon. Tri-Attack and Flash Cannon too. You don't get STAB from Tri-Attack, and Flash Cannon's coverage is to be questioned. Steel-Killer is more of a competitive set, IMO.

Magnezone @ Leftovers/Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
Ability: Sturdy
-Thunder Wave
-Magnet Rise
-Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam/Explosion