• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Past Generation Pokemon Ash has owned should've evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

To start off with there's 7 or so that I could think of that should've evolved. Majority are Unova pokemon but since there was lapses in the quality of writing (My opinion) I feel these should've happened.

Palpitoad - Seismitoad -- He had the strength to do it and pull it off. Its just that the writers neglected the Toad that he didn't get fully developed.

Scraggy - Scrafty - Definitely should've happened at the Clubsplosion battle tournament

Totodile - Crocanaw - Should've happened at the Whirl Cip

Gible - Gabite - At the very least

Buizel - Floatzel

Snivy - Servine -- Fastest starter evolution vs. Trip at the Battle Club in the 5v5 battle.

Pignite - Emboar -- Just show Shamus at the League like a boss that he is. Be the first of Ash's Team to use an Elemental Hyper Beam (Blast Burn).

If I missed some others please feel free and comment. (I left Oshawott because it was the Unova's regions major cash cow from the writing standpoint.)

LizardonX

Banned
All of them

If you're just going to dump them at Oak's because their window for marketing relevance has ended, you should at least do that much.

MattySadler

Squirtle > Wartortle - Don't mind that this one didn't evolve as I liked the character, but an evolution could've been cool nonetheless.

Chikorita > Bayleef > Meganium - Not the strongest character in my opinion.

Cyndaquil > Quilava > Typhlosion - Ditto Bayleef.

Totodile > Croconaw - Ditto Bayleef and Quilava.

Corphish > Crawdaunt - Ditto Bayleef, Quilava and Totodile. One of my least favourite of Ash's 'Mons.

---------------

I would've done a lot of Ash's Unova Pokemon differently.

Oshawott > Dewott - Weak character, and Dewott is so cool looking and just so Ash.

Snivy > Servine > Serperior - Needed something more, otherwise fairly unmemorable.

Tepig > Pignite > Emboar - Needed something more, otherwise fairly unmemorable.

Scraggy > Scrafty - Again, needed something more, but I can sorta understand why this one didn't evolve.

Palpitoad > Seismitoad - Definitely needed something more, and Seismitoad looks so cool.

Roggenrola > Boldore > Gigalith - I was so sure they'd evolve this one and show us Trade evolution. A storyline with Trip's Gurdurr/ Conkeldurr could've been good. Missed opportunity.

MattySadler

Squirtle > Wartortle - Don't mind that this one didn't evolve as I liked the character, but an evolution could've been cool nonetheless.

Chikorita > Bayleef > Meganium - Not the strongest character in my opinion.

Cyndaquil > Quilava > Typhlosion - Ditto Bayleef.

Totodile > Croconaw - Ditto Bayleef and Quilava.

Corphish > Crawdaunt - Ditto Bayleef, Quilava and Totodile. One of my least favourite of Ash's 'Mons.

---------------

I would've done a lot of Ash's Unova Pokemon differently.

Oshawott > Dewott - Weak character, and Dewott is so cool looking and just so Ash.

Snivy > Servine > Serperior - Needed something more, otherwise fairly unmemorable.

Tepig > Pignite > Emboar - Needed something more, otherwise fairly unmemorable.

Scraggy > Scrafty - Again, needed something more, but I can sorta understand why this one didn't evolve.

Palpitoad > Seismitoad - Definitely needed something more, and Seismitoad looks so cool.

Roggenrola > Boldore > Gigalith - I was so sure they'd evolve this one and show us Trade evolution. A storyline with Trip's Gurdurr/ Conkeldurr could've been good. Missed opportunity.

phanpycross

God-king
Absolute sin to say this, but...... I would really dig bulbasaur evolving into ivysaur.

Ivysaur is one of the few pokemon I would say has a perfect design and it's noble look would fit bulbasaur's leader nature perfectly

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Totodile did absolutely nothing. It didn't deserve no damn evolution. Same with Snivy, both were forgettable at best.

Corphish, on the other hand...

Gible & Scraggy evolving would have been good to see but not too realistic.

MattySadler

Wow how did I forget Gible

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Totodile. Seriously Ash. Squirtle had a job to do and was competent enough as its first stage. Oshawott's small stature made its tough guy attitude funnier. I never got the point of Totodile not evolving, since it was neither strong enough as a Totodile nor funny enough with its dancing, not to mention Cyndaquil was the resident cutie

Status
Not open for further replies.