• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pasta La Vista! (422)

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
They're bound to make more episodes featuring their two main characters battling again, and they can't keep using the TR cop out every single time.

Maybe not, but I'm sure they've got other "cop outs" ready to use...

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
what is it with me and the seiyuu, Kishio Daisuke? As I was watching the Absol episode, I was left with the impression that Satoru sounded familiar. So, I tried looking up his seiyuu (Kishio), and the only match I got, that's a character I heard before at least, is Van from Zoids, whom I only heard in one short clip that I downloaded off the late Anime Intro Archive. I watched this episode, got the same impression with Kyoutarou, tried looking up his seiyuu, and.... I ended up with Kishio Daisuke again. Either I heard this guy before (in something longer than a clip anyway), but the character he played isn't being listed anywhere, or I'm really letting my obsession with the kicka**, tough guy anime voices get to my head.

Anyway, like everyone else said, I think it was a shame how the battle was a cop-out, and I couldn't agree more with V Faction on how two Pokemon, seemingly with equal amounts of damaging and charging in to use the same attack, was the perfect set-up for a double KO. Although, on the plus-side of the battle.... I actually enjoyed the use of CG this time around. It was interesting watching Kapoera tear through Rocket Dan's mech, watching every little screw fly out in the process.

BTW, did anyone besides me love that little bit where Ebiwaler was about to deliver a finishing blow at an insane speed, and in the midst of it, we see Satoshi mouthing a command to Sawamular before it knees Ebiwaler in the face? Man, that was sweet. Sadly, I think the dub-viewers will miss out, what with 4kids and their anti-silence and all.

Last edited:

kapslock

Another dssapiontment, :/ saw the episode pics mhh no good.is it me or is this season going to be nothing but fillers?Though at least there was no "giovonni fantisy(s/p?)"the determination fire in May`s eyes made me crack a smile,but did rocket-dan have to ruin the battle?though the CG was equisite but still it could of been better well hopefully the next episode will be a better filler.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
In think they also don't want to compare the Hitmons. Whenever alternate evolutions have battled (which is quite rarely), it gbets interrupted so that one won't be favoured over another by fans (especially snce only one can be obtained in each game). Maybe that's another reason why starter battles are avoided nowadays.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
My thoughts:

Getting to see Hariyama and Breloom was cool.
Hitmontop rocks! I love that it saved the day!
Awesome CG! Like the giant fist.
And japanese looking soup bowl robot! Has japanese culture slowly started to return. They sure have been going to a alot of japanese style restaraunts lately.

B

Blaziken master

This was a pretty good episode.Hitmonchan was my fave.What was the arguement between the dojo master and the ramen guy all about?

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Best. TR. mecha. ever.

This episode was fun to watch, actually. Funny CotDs, superb animation and an interesting plot.
But...although I thought that their mecha was adorable, TR themselves were absolutely annoying, I just hated them this time. The same motto animation has been used repeatedly by now, the scenes before that were supposed to be funny or something (being squashed by Hariyama, etc.) weren't funny at all...blah. It's times like this that make me wish TR wasn't in every single episode.

And I felt sorry for Brock. This time they even made him being ignored on purpose. Wow. Er, yeah, poor Brock.

Well, as I said, the animation was great, but sometimes Ash's face and legs just looked screwed up. Either they looked way too short or just...strange o_O Ahem..Whatever.

The battle was great, but once again, I have complaints, even without looking at the 'result' *sends TR to hell*.
What I found annoying was that everyone kept commenting and saying unneeded stuff, which made it look like this somehow: Hitmonchan attacks -> Pause, with Brock/Max/Kyoutaro/Hamaguri (?) saying something -> Hitmonlee attacks -> Everyone is talking again, blah blah blah ...and so on.

I don't mind them shouting something quickly and the battle resumes immediately after that, but this time they kept interrupting the whole time..Yeah, perhaps it's always like that, but this time it was more noticeable than ever, at least to me. I just don't like it.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
ChaosMage said:
In think they also don't want to compare the Hitmons. Whenever alternate evolutions have battled (which is quite rarely), it gbets interrupted so that one won't be favoured over another by fans (especially snce only one can be obtained in each game). Maybe that's another reason why starter battles are avoided nowadays.

uh huh..... try saying that to Nyorotono and Nyorobon. Also, though it may not be the exact same thing (but it's pretty similar), the anime keeps having these damned "pre-evolution versus evolution" conflicts. Sometimes these conflicts are pulled off pretty alright, like Satoshi's Kimori vs. Natch's Juptor, but usually, they seem like the writers will intentionally go out of their way to make evolution look like a bad thing, like evolved Pokemon are always the evil antagonists (friggin.... hate..... Eievui brothers episode.... and Azumaou fishing contest episode..... I'll go easy on Pikachu vs. Raichu since Pikachu's the mascot and that was kind of a critical point in the series where it showed it didn't want to evolve but still wished to prove itself. It also seemed like the first evolution conflict the series ever had, obviously before it got a bit redundant).

[cough] sorry, went a bit off-topic there. But point is, it doesn't seem as though the writers are always trying to appeal fans of both Pokemon in certain species rivalries, especially not during the Jouto saga when they're trying to wh*re out the new batch of Pokemon by making them seem big and powerful (and of course, they executed it all wrong, only having them perform in a few very forgettable episodes).

Last edited:

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I didn't really enjoy this episode. Only the parts featuring Brock getting frozen were ones that I liked. Other than that, seemed pretty boring to me.

B

BrokenDreams

Originally posted by Sweet_May
the episode was a bit awesome....... Ash and May's battle was great but no winner....... XP
but for a sec there, i thought May was gonna win
if i were to rate it, i'd give it a 7/10
Oh, please. I doubt she would win because Hitmonlee has the upper hand(or leg) because, if this was put in a realistic veiw, Hitmonlee's legs are longer(which is natural, even in humans) than Hitmonchan's arms, thus giving Hitmonlee the ability to kick Hitmonchan as he is performing a close-range attack. Plus, Ash has been in 5 seasons and he SHOULD be better than May because he has more experience. Just because she got an uber Squirtle and a crazy Skitty with powerful attacks doesn't mean that she would be good at battling. Having DREW beat MAY is sexist, but Ash beating May is techicnally not sexist because he has more experience.

JazzJazz

BrokenDreams said:
Ash has been in 5 seasons and he SHOULD be better than May because he has more experience.

If the show were more appreciate of Ash's experience he'd totally walk over May... they had to make them seem even or it wouldn't have been much of a match (or episode), would it?

B

BrokenDreams

Originally Posted by JazzJazz
If the show were more appreciate of Ash's experience he'd totally walk over May... they had to make them seem even or it wouldn't have been much of a match (or episode), would it?
Well, you have a point that Ash would totally walk over May if the authors had some respect. But it would be understandable for Ash to lose to someone like Tetsuya or Harrison because they have been trainers longer and have managed to evovle their pokemon to their peak(unlike SOMEONE else we know *cough*Ash*cough*), but May has only been a character for one season and shouldn't be able to be as a threat to Ash because he should have more knowlegde of pokemon battling than her, not only because he was older and was a trainer for 5 seasons, but also because ASH IS THE FRIGGIN" MAIN CHARACTER AND DESERVES MORE RESPECT THAN MAY! I mean, the proof is in her uber squirtle. Ash never got a super powerful pokemon, other than Charizard, who pretty much had issues until Charizard Valley, unlike the all powerful and clumsy May who isn't the main, main character.

TeddiUrsa

aw this episode was so cool.
The Kapoera-Girl..whatever her name was..was veeeery cute and sexy IMO..In the Kapoera attacking scene it looked almost like a panty-shot..too bad it´s pokemon ^^"

oh, and I liked the "ramen-mecha-slice-scene".

B

Blaziken master

TeddiUrsa said:
aw this episode was so cool.
The Kapoera-Girl..whatever her name was..was veeeery cute and sexy IMO..In the Kapoera attacking scene it looked almost like a panty-shot..too bad it´s pokemon ^^"

oh, and I liked the "ramen-mecha-slice-scene".

That was one thing I forgot to talk about.That girl was one of the best things in this episode,she was so hot

Magical Leaf

Kore wa nani mo imi shinai
I enjoyed this episode, poor Brock, his scenes were hilarious. And the fights were great too, although i didn't like the fact that they reused the animation for Hitmonchan's punch about 3 or 4 times.
I actually thought Hitmonlee was the better battler out of the two, that last second knee to the face.....even I felt that.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I loved seeing Sawamuraa and Ebiwaraa again

Takeshi being ignored was funny! but I hate NOODLES!!!

TR was stupid in this episode, I loved the battle of Sawamuraa and Ebiwaraa, shame TR interupted and then Kapoeraa jumps in to save the day...

9/10

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Blaziken master said:
That was one thing I forgot to talk about.That girl was one of the best things in this episode,she was so hot
Chigusa > Whatever-her-name was.
Pure n' simple~

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So why exactly did May and Ash battle? That seems to be something nobody mentioned. I understand one guy got a back problem and so one character would take over for him but what about the other?

Indeed what exactly was going on with the plot? It seemed one guy and the girl were in love or something but the father/grandfather was against it and he and the guy had some kind of rivalry or something.

And what the heck was May so angry/fired up (in her eyes) about?

Brock being ignored is made fun of! Got to love that! :D

And having Hitmonlee show it can use punching attacks was really great to see. Ash's flexible fighting style realyl shows here. :cool:

Overall the animation alone seems to make this episode worth watching. I for one echo what others have said that if the rest of the battle was enjoyable than it shouldn't ruin the episode for you if the battle doesn't finish.

BrokenDreams said:
Well, you have a point that Ash would totally walk over May if the authors had some respect. But it would be understandable for Ash to lose to someone like Tetsuya or Harrison because they have been trainers longer and have managed to evovle their pokemon to their peak(unlike SOMEONE else we know *cough*Ash*cough*), but May has only been a character for one season and shouldn't be able to be as a threat to Ash because he should have more knowlegde of pokemon battling than her, not only because he was older and was a trainer for 5 seasons, but also because ASH IS THE FRIGGIN" MAIN CHARACTER AND DESERVES MORE RESPECT THAN MAY!
But May learned directly from Ash and Brock, enabling her to grow in experience more quickly. Plus, wasn't it a respectful move to have them using Pokemon that were not theirs and thus of fairly equal experience level? Those Pokemon's already present skills are what made the match so even.

I mean, the proof is in her uber squirtle. Ash never got a super powerful pokemon, other than Charizard, who pretty much had issues until Charizard Valley, unlike the all powerful and clumsy May who isn't the main, main character.
Wow... I guess you weren't around for the countless ranting threads about Ash's uber Pikachu back in the day... dark times those were... :(