• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pasta La Vista! (422)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Joe_Pokemon20000 said:
Why? The question is, are they rivals? Seriously, I'm not joking. You gave me a headache.

No, but it would have been nice to see the male and female lead of the show finish a battle.

Personally, I wanted a Grovyle Vs. Combusken match but we didn't get one. Seeing Ash and May battle with their two strong Hoenn starters would be fantastic, and it could go either way as both Grovyle and Combuken are near equal in stength.

Ash and May rarely battle each other, and when they do battle they never finish. :/

J

Joe_Pokemon20000

CyberCubed said:
No, but it would have been nice to see the male and female lead of the show finish a battle.

Personally, I wanted a Grovyle Vs. Combusken match but we didn't get one. Seeing Ash and May battle with their two strong Hoenn starters would be fantastic, and it could go either way as both Grovyle and Combuken are near equal in stength.

Ash and May rarely battle each other, and when they do battle they never finish. :/
We understand that. If they are rivals, what happens?

Anikin

Rebel
CyberCubed said:

That was the only down part in this episode, I would love to see those two pokemon battle, but still this episode was very cute with all off the Advanceshipping hints.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
CyberCubed said:

What about Taillow vs Beautifly?

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
YAY! New dub Post #1: Pasta La Vista!!!

Something about this new title bothers me....

PlusleMinun

Plain Trainer
I thought this episode was part of Battle Frontier. So, will it have the Advanced Battle Opening? If it is part of Advanced Battle, that will make this season have 53 episodes.

This is the last episode of the Advanced Battle saga.I'm surprised they didn't take out "Chinese Noodles".

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty cool. I can't believe that this is the last episode to feature the original VA's. It was funny when Brock found out that Terry liked Kyle. The battle between Ash and May was cool.

It Justed Finshied and i mean just. I liked it a little but Ash needs to get a new symbol and some differnt type pokemon.

PlusleMinun

Plain Trainer
This was a pretty good episode but, I'v been thinking, this episodes' title may be 4Kids' way of saying goodbye to us. "Pasta la vista"-- "Hasta la vista" means goodbye in spanish so it's kind of a good title for their last ever episode. I'm gonna miss these VA's but we're gonna have to get used to the new ones. Anyone know when Season 9 starts on Cartoon Network?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Truly a bittersweet episode since this is the last time we'll hear these voices. Ah well.

A very good filler though, with Ash and May beating the crap out of each other with their fighting types. They should have mentioned that May was better with fighting Pokemon because of her Combusken, she orders the same Sky Uppercut attack with Combusken all the time. If the battle followed through, it actually might have looked like May would have won.

Hitmontop! They forgot Tyrogue though. :/

So long 4kids, you had an 8 year and 400 something episode run. All the voices sounded top notch in this episode too.

How saddening that all the voices in this episode were excellent; we're never going to hear them again ;;

Brock was pretty funny in this episode xD Especially with his proposed solution.

Max getting a share of the spotlight was nice, too.

TR getting owned in the background constantly was hilarious. And I guess it just goes to show, even when unconscious, Hariyama owns everyone >D

I was just wondering when we'd see something besides Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan when Hitmontop came in xD Shame Tyrogue couldn't have made an appearance, but the episode was fine without it.

The plot was actually pretty good, tbh. And the dub title makes a lot more sense considering noodles were on everyone's mind in this episode Dx

Overall rating:
8.1 out of 10

One of the better fillers of early Battle Frontier, if not the best. It's a shame this is the last time we hear those ever-so-familiar voices, but oh well. I can't hold that against the episode; it's not its fault =/

≈*V Tsun*≈
The 8th Champion

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
So long 4Kids, you will not be missed by this fan.

The world revolved around noodles in this episode. The guy wanted to make noodles. His opld man wanted to make noodles. Even Team rocket wanted to make noodles. Oodles and oodles of noodles.

It was nice to see some knock down drag out fighting. I thought I saw a few impact stars but if their were any they were so small and brief they were barely noticable.

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Cybercubed said:
So long 4kids, you had an 8 year and 400 something episode run. All the voices sounded top notch in this episode too.

Er, not exactly. While all of the main characters voices were done wonderfully, it would have been perfect if not for Terry and Master Ham>> Especially the latter, since even if Lisa Ortiz's voice is overused, it's not often given to two characters in the same episode like his was. It didn't make any sense to use that voice now of all times, since many people already don't like James' AG voice and they'll be judged harshly because of it. I did like how the narrator got a character this time, though.

It was a pretty good episode, the Hitmons are always cool, and I agree with Commander Blizzard that the dub title makes sense. What was everyone complaining about, anyway?

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Well, 4KIDS didn't pick that bad of an episode to go out on. It's nice to see the gang in the city for once; that rarely happens anymore. It was also nice to have an episode where both main characters have an equal amount of screentime, which gave Veronica a chance to really shine. Although, I never really felt that the father/son plot was really resolved. It had such a stupid ending.

Father: What do you even want with that noodle shop anyway?
Son: I.... I want to make the best noodles in the world!
Father: *Gasp* I never knew!

... And then BAM, problem solved. If the dad didn't know that his son wanted to make noodles, then what did he think his son owned the noodle stand for? It was just a rushed way to solve the problem, and I wish the writers had thought that one out a little more.

As for the dubbing, Eric and Amy did the usual good job as Brock and Max, and Maddie and Rachel are always spectacular as Meowth and Jessie. Hell, James even sounded good to me this time. I guess they all sounded better because this was their last episode. As for the filler character voices...

Old Man: Good Lord, Eric Stuart sucked as the old man. He used such a terrible voice.

Son: It wasn't bad, actually. It was a little too deep, but not bad.

Terry (The Girl): Hey, it's Lisa Ortiz, whaddaya gonna do? Actually, she really wasn't that bad in this episode. Now that Lisa doesn't voice every single filler girl like she used to, I actually enjoy hearing her once in a while.

Besides, it doesn't matter what that girl sounded like because I was too busy looking at her. Seriously, that girl was one of the hottest filler characters we've had in a while.

And a big "Pasta la Vista" to all of you as well, 4KIDS. Actually, I don't really think I'm going to miss anything about them except for the voice actors, but goodbye anyways. It's been........ interesting.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
This episode was THE BEST FILLER EVER!

1) Some actual contact and a great battle

2) Noodle machine wasn't edited!

*sobs* Even though I'm not THAT sad about 4kids leaving, they HAVE dubbed the anime since the beginning, so goodbye VAs, goodbye sucky dub puns (I hope), and goodbye 4kids. Some of us will miss you, some of us won't.

Truthfully, I won't know till I see PUSA in action (other than the Mirage Poke special).

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
If HitmonLee is the Kicking Fiend and HitmonChan is the Punching Demon, what does that make other human-like Fighting pokemon?

Now I know what the "brutal" meant. HitmonLee kept kicking HitmonChan in the neck, and that had to hurt.

Rugia

Alright!
Hasta La Vista 4Kids! We'll never forget you!(But we'll manage!) That was a pretty decent filler episode. If only every one was like that........

PlusleMinun

Plain Trainer
≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈ said:
How saddening that all the voices in this episode were excellent; we're never going to hear them again ;;​

Technically, this is not the last time we are going to hear these voices. We still have Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew which doesn't come out till September. So, we get to hear these voices for 1 more time and that's it. It is really sad.​