• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pasta La Vista! (422)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
This will go down in history as the last episode with people who can actually act =( The episode itself was pretty good. Cool to see Ash and May fight each other with other peoples Pokemon.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
When I saw this episode on it's airdate, I thought it was a good episode. I can never get over the fact of May's habit of eating those classic foods. I was still expecting that it would be the same once Season 9 came. But I was wrong, because I didn't hear about the change.

So, I got even more sad once I figured out why they titled it Pasta La Vista! Since it's like their final goodbye from 4Kids.

sniff...those golden memories...

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
This was a good battle between May and Ash, it was good to see how they handle a battle when they're not using their own Pokemon.

STICKTOPIA

Imo I found this episode very boring for some reason...

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Awesome episode. I love noodles <3
THe battle between himonchan and hitmonlee was good too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
;_;

The last episode that 4KIDS dubbed and it was Filler.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have thought. Even the Japanese version had a Filler-y feel to it. Ash and May's battle was a bust.

3/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The battle between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee had excellent animation. It didn't really matter that it was interrupted.

It was also a great episode to go out on for 4kids.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode. i loved Hitmonchan's Much punch, i think it was the first time we see this move...

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I wasn't a big fan of this episode really (How many of this fighting Dojo getting someone to take it over episodes do they honestly need?). It is interesting May's obsession with noodles or trying any food comes back as well.

The battle between May and Ash was the part I liked the most about this episode

Hunter16

Wish that Team Rocket had burst in AFTER the battle instead of right before what should have been an awesome finish.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok. The battle between May and Ash was very cool. Hitmonchan vs Hitmonlee was a very cool battle. Too bad TR ruined Ash and May's battle, it was just too cool to have to be interrupted... May's obsession with food definitely showed in this episode when it came to the noodles. It was very cool to see Mach Punch used for the 1st time, by Hitmonchan.

49/100

charizardmaster125

I watched this ep on my Austrailian DVD import the other night and with this being the last episode to be dubbed by the 4Kids group was ironic because I ended up catching David Tennant's final episode in Doctor Who, ironic again because I saw the end of two spectacular eras in one night :D

Vernikova

Champion
The infamous "4Kids last dubbed episode" episode. The actors played their roles well in this episode. The old man was clearly the best character in this episode bar none.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Anyone think ash's comment to pikachu about winning the battle frontier (in an episode having nothing to do with the frontier brains) and then his classic laugh was a purposeful "last time" thing, since of course it was the last time having Veronica Taylor's voice?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Anyone think ash's comment to pikachu about winning the battle frontier (in an episode having nothing to do with the frontier brains) and then his classic laugh was a purposeful "last time" thing, since of course it was the last time having Veronica Taylor's voice?

He likely said the same thing in the Japanese version though.

I'll be honest: I find this episode incredibly retarded in terms of plot, but what this episode marks really strikes a sensitive chord with me, so I can't help but tear up whenever I watch this one.

I hate the episode itself, but it marked the last time I'd ever get to hear my favorite voice actors on Pokémon. They are Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Rachael Lillis, Maddie Blaustein, and Amy Birnbaum.

I really can't even begin to express how much I have missed these guys over the years. It's a damn shame 4Kids and TPCi couldn't have worked something out rather than the awful way they handled things, and 4Kids kept on going with the dub. I really feel that looking back, they were the best company for the job, not TPCi.

Anyway, as stupid as the episode is, I remember it for being the final time the English dub was ever really itself for me. And so, I say goodbye to 4Kids who really did a truly wonderful job during their tenure with Pokémon.

People criticize them for the edits, the errors, and the replaced music (all things TPCi has continued to do in more or less the same way, mind you), but 4Kids showed a great deal more care and effort when handling the dub to me than TPCi ever really has. So, that's all I have to say there.

As for Veronica and company...well, what a tragedy they got shafted. Just wrong on every level to me. I feel really bad they went out on such a crappy filler episode, but they made the episode good for me, so I thank them for it and say I always miss them myself.

Dub: 100/100

He likely said the same thing in the Japanese version though.

He did.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This was probably one of the funniest episodes of the series. And had great battles and animation so it was a good ep for 4kids to go out on.