• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pasta La Vista! (422)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was a pretty good episode, it was pretty funny. May scared me in it with her noodles obsession XD. I also enjoyed the battle between Ash and May.

It was neat seeing another episode that focused mainly on Fighting type Pokemon. :)
Didn't see Ash and May having to battle each other coming.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was funny seeing May act so passionately over ramen noodles again. I felt bad for Ash and Max when they were forced to clean the dojo for that old guy though, and I thought Hitmonchan vs, Hitmonlee had potential at first, but then the old guy hurt his back. Ugh. Seeing May and Ash train Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee was refreshing though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww this was 4kids' last dubbed episode. Well the master of the dojo was funny and I liked how he made Ash, Max and Pikachu clean the floors ha ha. Hitmonchan vs Hitmonlee could've been better tho.

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, despite 4Kids ending their run here, this episode sucked. It should've been about Ash's friends exploring Saffron and seeing Sabrina...

This Saffron City episode could've been better if we had gotten a Sabrina cameo. I was sad when I realized that the voice actors would change after this. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I actually enjoyed this lol. It was funny how May will do whatever to get her ramen. She actually fought really well against Ash, even though the battle was never determined.

ZilverLox

Banned
I enjoyed the battle between Ash and May as well. Of course, the battle didn't really have an ending, unfortunately. Apparently the writers like to do that to us in AG. Overall though, it was cool to see Ash use a Fighting type Pokemon again. And of course it was very nostalgic too, cause he hasn't owned a Fighting type Pokemon since Primeape.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Overall though, it was cool to see Ash use a Fighting type Pokemon again. And of course it was very nostalgic too, cause he hasn't owned a Fighting type Pokemon since Primeape.

Tbh this episode would've been ten times better if we had seen Ash's Primeape again given the Fighting Dojo setting. It was a missed opportunity. :<

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meh, despite 4Kids ending their run here, this episode sucked. It should've been about Ash's friends exploring Saffron and seeing Sabrina...

Well that kind of continuity would've been nice hee hee, but even tho we didn't see much of Saffron city at least we saw the Fighting Dojo, which we didn't see before.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So we finally got to see Yamabuki City's Fighting Dojo, and even though it wasn't quite the same as in the games, at least Sawamular and Ebiwalar were involved. Master Hamaguri wanting Kyoutarou to take over the dojo was interesting, even though his son was obsessed with cooking ramen. Tsuguyo getting the position in the end was appropriate.

Zamin

This was a heartwarming episode when Kyle revealed the story behind the noodle dream, although the twist at the end was kinda odd, although it was kinda what I expected. I'm happy to see Teri got to take over the dojo, that should have been the answer from the start!

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm happy to see Teri got to take over the dojo, that should have been the answer from the start!

Tsuguyo taking over the facility seemed like the obvious solution from the beginning, so much so that this episode felt incredibly contrived since it spent twenty minutes going in circles, meanwhile the whole Fighting Dojo subplot could've been resolved almost immediately by Tsuguyo's presence and a bit of common sense.

Daizy

I call you honey
So the Fighting Dojo finally got shown ten years after R/B/Y. Ash not knowing what a Hitmonlee is was bad. Hitmonchan vs Hitmonlee was good but I wish Team Rocket hadn't interrupted.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash not knowing what a Hitmonlee is was bad.

I'm pretty sure that Satoshi was aware of meeting one before. Just because he uses his Zukan when he meets a Pokemon doesn't mean that he's forgotten which Pokemon he's already seen.

And that's the final episode of the 4Kids dub, Unbeatable, and Trainers Choice. I'll miss those iconic voices but Natochenny's version of Ash is the one I grew up with. Overall, Season 8 was slightly worse than Season 7 because of boring filler. Onto Battle Frontier!
As for the episode itself, wish May's Combusken could have evolved here.