• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pasta La Vista! (422)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This wasn't one of my favorite episodes of the season, but it did have some good points to it. I really liked the father/son storyline between Kyle and Ham (LOL at "Ham"), Brock getting ignored several times by the girl, May insisting on getting pasta (and all the fiery gags), and Meowth getting mad over Jessie and James leaving him with the cart.

It is sad that this is the final time we'll get to hear all the voices we know and love. At least the Mastermind special wasn't bad once I got used to it, which means I could get used to new voices, but it won't be the same. I love the dub, and I love the work the voice actors do with the dub. I'll miss such great voices as ES's James and Brock, VT's Ash and May, and so many of the familiar pokemon voices. I can only hope that the new dub crew will be okay (especially so I can still keep waving my dub banner in my sig), but I will miss the old crew.

Overall, 7/10 for the episode, 9.9/10 for the old dub crew (taken down one point for one character I refuse to name who has sounded awful this season).

SheWhoLovesPineapples

OK, what I thought... (of the dub version)

I really liked the storyline. It had a lot of funny parts, and I was actually quite surprised to see that Terry didn't like Kyle in that way after all. It's been a while since the Pokemon anime surprised me... I mean, don't get me wrong - I love it. It's just... really predictable.

And I really liked the BGM that played during Ash and May's battle. The "Lance Song"(as I call it), yay! I looove that song... and as I can't find my Yellow and never play my FireRed, it's been quite a while since I heard the RBGYFRLG battle theme... brings back memories, ya know?

Anyway, on a sadder note...

Pasta la vista, 4Kids... I'll sort of miss you even if I used to sort of hate you. Absense makes the heart grow fonder. As Sabrina said "I never stopped hating it, not one day in 10 years. But now... somehow I can't... WAAHH!"

Actually, that fits quite well, with it being Pokemon's 10th anniversery. True that the (dub) show has only been going on eight years, but still...

However, I've finally decided to give the new VA's a chance... it's unfair how everyone hates them. It's not THEIR fault everyone else left. And though I'll never forget Veronica, Rachel, Eric, Maddie, Lisa, ect... I suppose I'll learn to like their replacements eventually.

Last edited:
M

Munchlax_eater13

The last dubbed ep

I can't believe this is the last episode dubbed by 4kids, the last ep to air on kids WB! and the last ep with the old voice actors. Don't worry they will do new voice actors.

The End

Sea Ruby Trainer
It's going to sound really weird and hard getting used to for the new voice actors. I'm gonna miss James's voice, his voice acting was hilarious!

SheWhoLovesPineapples

Munchlax_eater13 said:
I can't believe this is the last episode dubbed by 4kids, the last ep to air on kids WB! and the last ep with the old voice actors. Don't worry they will do new voice actors.

-sniffle- Kids WB, WHY!?? You betrayed me!!

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
With a title like 'Pasta la Vista' and Ash being the last human to speak in the ep., it's a sad cue. It's 4Kids's way to say good-bye. But whatever happens in the future, and wherever they go, a little boy and his mouse[Ash and Pikachu] will always be playing. That's based on Pooh, by the way.

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go

I know what you mean *wipes tear* All of that gone before our very eyes. *Sigh* I guess it's true you start appriciating things more once there gone.

This was a good episode May wanted those noodles so bad. I liked this episode even though it was the last for...

Battra

It was nice seeing this episode again, I really felt the Old VA's really shined in this episode. I loved terry even though see was just a filler character, I just loved how she was trying so hard to get son son and grandpa to stop fighting and make up.

wackedupwacko

Well Team Rocket are like annoying to them and shouldnt Pikachu realize that they mostly make electric proof or absorber...is pikachu dumb?

Battra

The oringinal voice actors are at their best in this episode they go all out. Very nice episode, I really loved Terry she was beautiful. The battle between Ash and May was really good but may has the advantage in using fighting Pokemon with her Combusken, where's Ash only had his Primeape for a short time, though Ash is good at coming up with strategies on the fly. And I think we got an answer to what happend to Brock and Prof. Ivy I think she dumped him for another man, judging from his reaction when he found out Terry was in love with Kyle.

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
Wow! A fight between Hitmonchan and Breloom!

King Slazo

UK Pokemon Fanatic

This is going over old ground, but being in the UK I had no idea about this! You mean I'm going to have to put up with the voice actors from the 10th Anniversery show, which were awful!

This is an okay episode but sadly, the inevitable happens so it's never brilliant. Not the best way to end the relationships of 4Kids and Pokemon.

Final note: If it is the new voice actors to stay, why did they have to pick the kid from the Luigi cycle (season 5) to do Ash?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
This is going over old ground, but being in the UK I had no idea about this! You mean I'm going to have to put up with the voice actors from the 10th Anniversery show, which were awful!

This is an okay episode but sadly, the inevitable happens so it's never brilliant. Not the best way to end the relationships of 4Kids and Pokemon.

Final note: If it is the new voice actors to stay, why did they have to pick the kid from the Luigi cycle (season 5) to do Ash?
You'll find that the new voice actors improve in time, with Brock's becoming in some ways even better than his old one. Unfortunately, Ash's voice actor takes longer to improve, but still does, just be patient through some episodes where Ash fails to emote very well.

King Slazo

UK Pokemon Fanatic
They'd better, but perhaps my anger will have faded away when Toonami UK get around to buying rights to Season 9. Still, Veronica Taylor and company will be missed.

DaMike52

Banned
I liked this episode, it made me laugh alot.

"I want my noodles!"

I thought it was pretty good, I liked Terry and the Grandpa was hilarious! I almost cried when I found out this was the last episode to air on Kids WB.