1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pathways to Peformance Partnering! (853)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XY - Kalos Quest' started by Serebii, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Dance, Pancham; Charm the Crowd, Fennekin! Waltz Towards Tomorrow!!

While heading to Coumarine City, a fight between Pancham and Chespin causes the gang to meet a new trainer. Like Serena, this trainer is working on participating in the Tripokalon. Excited, they both show eachother their performances until they get interrupted by Team Rocket who steal the Pokémon. Separated from their trainers, it's up to Pancham and Chespin to get the Pokémon back to their trainers. Will they be able to put aside their differences?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

The episode starts off with Ash and co. having lunch in a clearing.

All of the Pokemon are out and are having food with Ash and co.

Serena notices that a lot of food is missing.

It turns out that the food is in Chespin's mouth.

Pancham is not happy about this.

Serena and Clemont talk to their bickering Pokemon.

Pancham and Chespin bump into a girl and her Farfetch'd and Smoochum.

Ash and co. are talking to Nene, the girl Pancham and Chespin ran into.

While they are talking, the two bickering Pokemon are still fighting.

Nene is training for a Tripokalon and she shows off her routine to Ash and co.

Nene is writing down notes with a Smoochum styled pen.

Clemont reveals another invention of his, it's a female Chespin styled robot.

The robot ends up throwing Chespin around and the robot eventually blows up.

Ash and co., including Nene, are caught in the explosion, but the Pokemon aren't.

Well, most of them I think.

Serena then shows off a routine of hers, with her Fennekin and Pancham.

Team Rocket are watching from a distance.

Jessie seems to really like Tripokalon's and she imagines herself in an elegant dress.

Back to Ash and co. and Smoochum seems to like Pancham.

Those two Pokemon end up doing a small performance in front of the others.

Pancham and Chespin end up fighting again.

A car pulls up to Ash and co. and it is Team Rocket in disguise.

They are dressed in some pretty cool clothes.

Dare Da? Smoochum.

The Pokemon that belong to Ash and co, that are out, are standing in a line.

Jessie goes along to evaluate the Pokemon, I think.

Team Rocket inflates some sort of ball.

Jessie, I assume, tells Chespin, Fennekin, Pancham, Smoochum and Farfetch'd to go in the ball.

Team Rocket then try to take the Pokemon that they captured.

The capture Pokemon end up escaping.

Jessie brings out Pumpkaboo and James brings out Inkay.

Fennekin, Smoochum and Farfetch'd are hurt, but Chespin and Pancham are okay.

Chespin and Pancham then fight off Pumpkaboo and Inkay.

The trainers then arrive to where Chespin and Pancham are.

Chespin and Pancham end up teaming up to defeat Pumpkaboo and Inkay.

Ash tells Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on Team Rocket.

Team Rocket end up blasting off with their Pokemon.

Chespin and Pancham then go back to fighting with eachother.

As the sun sets, Nene says goodbye to Ash and co.

Serena has a smile on her face as she runs off with the others.

To be continued.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  3. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Clemont's backpack spawns the weirdest things ever

4. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Did they just really debut Mega Charizard Y only to have him get pwned by the Latitwins -_-....??

The bias is real with the writers....Ash's Charizard better come back and and whoop some *** as Mega Charizard Y.

5. GreyPoliwhirl

GreyPoliwhirl New Member

Pancham and Chespin's little interactions make me think there is the possibility of them both evolving into Pangoro and Chesnaught - bickering in their size would be like Charizard and Dragonite in BW!

6. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Rather than a Pancham & Fennekin focused episode, this episode seemed more like an Pancham & Chespin focused episode.

7. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366 Well-Known Member

At any rate, though, it looks like a good episode from pictures I'm seeing on Serebii's main website. I can't wait for the sub release.

8. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Regarding this episode, i really liked the expression of Chespin and especially Farfetch'd, when Nene suggested trading Pancham with one of her pokemons.

Farfetch'd really had to face the harshness that it may get traded and left behind (the thing that it has to really face in the games as it isn't that great pokemon). Also liked the fact that the bickering between Pancham & Chespin didn't end in this episode (though they did understand that it isn't always good be bickering).

Another point i would like to make is that it seems the writers are actually making Ash mature as an character in Kalos as they did during the Sinnoh Saga.

Though i still hate the fact that Pikachu had to be the one to blast-off TR again and again.

9. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

This episode would have been atrocious if anything other than chespin was used as the second wheel.

As it is it's actually pretty watchable despite being your bog standard rocket filler.

7/10

10. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

...WHAT?

At first, I used to think Ash's Charizard will debut Blast Burn, only for Alain to do it first. Now you're telling me Ash's chance of debuting Mega Zard Y was killed because the writers wanted to make it lose to a Lati@s combo?!

11. Mau-Kun

Mau-Kun Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thought "GRRRRRR!!!" when they focused Team Rocket during Serena's routine? I wanted to see more!

12. Janovy

Janovy Banned

New Pokeani episode was surprisingly
    enjoyable.

Let’s see: - Nene was NOT bland! I loved everyone’sreaction to her overly dramatic performanceclosure, it really made her character standout.

- Nene’s team was also fun! I swear, her Farfetch’d made the best faces throughout
    the episode. Generally, both Smoochum and
    Farfetch’d had a personality and I truly hope
    we see them again.

- SERENA AND CLEMONT! One of the best
    things that came out of this whole Pancham/
    Chespin fight was that Serena and Clemont
    got a lot more focus than Ash for a change
    and they even got to battle TOGETHER! :) - Pancham and Chespin joining forces was
    amazing - when united, they are a force to
    be reckoned with. I also loved TRio being
    annoyed at the two fighting.

- The Performances were cool but I am really
    eager see Serena all dressed up and under a
    spotlight. I suspect her performances will be
    better animated than today’s episode so it
    will be exciting to watch them in their full
    glory.

13. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

And people said Chespin and Pancham would hijack Serena's episode. Pretty enjoyable episode. Reservations about Nene's design aside, she was a fairly enjoyable non bland character plus her Pokemon had good personalities. Chespin and Pancham got to develop their rivalry and Serena and Clemont got decent focus all that Ash and Bonnie interaction in the background we will never see
    I like that jessie has a thing she's going for and her obsession with Smoochum still exists, there's some continuity there. Her Performance was pretty good and all in all one of the better XY episodes.
    Solid B for me.

14. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

Uhhh, they DID though, for the most part XXD.

Anyway, Solid episode overall, it had nice character development (even if it’s not on the ones you’d expect)

The title is misleading as hell by the way, you’d think you’d expect Pancham and Fennekin to be the focus but it was actually Pancham and Chespin, even though I like how it played out between the two that’s a classic Pokeani case of "small starter Pokemon stealing the spotlight from the Pokemon that needed it more" that we saw with Oshawott and Piplup previously, I mean, I guess we already figured that would be Chespin’s role but it’s still annoying to see that STILL come up when it does.

Team Rocket also takes up to much of the episodeas I would’ve liked but that’s always the case with them, at least it resulted in some kickass combinations between Chespin and Pancham, that was badass by the way, the two absolutely KILLED together and yeah Chespin will have some kind of role in performances now, id be surprise if they don’t do anything with him for those. Overall im glad the two got some development, they form a nice team.

And Clemont and Serena interactions in general! The things XY had sorely been lacking for a long time, im glad we got to see them be the more responsible members of the group and try to to get their rowdy mons to make up, seeing them come together and command their Pokemon to defeat Team Rocket was very sweet.

AND ALSO NENA (I think that’s her name) is very entertaining, to be honest I was VERY annoyed when a lot of people called her “ugly” or “unappealing” just because she has a non-standard design because I like when Pokemon goes out of their comfort zone for designing characters, she was fun, had a nice personality, I loved her Pokemon (especially her Farfetch’d) and I hope she has a return in a Pokemon Showcase soon and not destined to be just another COTD.

15. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

So all in all, how was Serena's performance? I've only seen the episode pictures and I could not glean how similar it was to the ending. What did it consist of? Is it more like game contests or Pokémon Idol?

16. Mau-Kun

Didn't have a clue either, but looking carefully at her last movement before Team Rocket's focus it seems to have some dancing after all. My only question is if it included any stunt like Nene's performance did.

17. WJG12345

WJG12345 Well-Known Member

Yea the title is very misleading, however I still enjoyed the episode. Also I like all the pokemon in this episode, especially Pancham and Chespin. I just wish Serena and Especially Fennekin got a little more focus in this episode.

18. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

She shot two attacks in the air and they created pretty sparkles. She did the same exact thing as a Contest appeal.

I'm not sure why the writers are beating around the bush when everything Serena is doing resembles a coordinator.

19. Mau-Kun

My only possible answer is that they may want to make it a surprise for her event debut, but it still wouldn't make sense, since they showed Nene's full performance and she'll be back for events, why would they hide Serena's performance like they did here? Could there be something in her routine that writers don't want us to see?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  20. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Writers are clearly saving the full thing in her actual first Tripokalon, they won't showcase it now especially in this animation.