• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pathways to Peformance Partnering! (853)

Vernikova

Champion
I actually liked the clips they picked out. It went a lot better than I expected it to be. The song is what you'd expect, though.

I liked this episode. It wasn't anything new, but it had some cute moments that made it enjoyable. There was Farftech'd worrying about Pancham stealing Smoochum away, Meowth moving his hips back and forth for no real reason, and some other reactions.

Reminder that more new Pokemon stuff is airing later today.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I actually liked the clips they picked out. It went a lot better than I expected it to be. The song is what you'd expect, though.

I liked this episode. It wasn't anything new, but it had some cute moments that made it enjoyable. There was Farftech'd worrying about Pancham stealing Smoochum away, Meowth moving his hips back and forth for no real reason, and some other reactions.

Reminder that more new Pokemon stuff is airing later today.

The song is nothing like you would have expected. It was more like a 4kids op which is great since season 8 was the last good one we got.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I think that the new season is off to a rocky start.

The title song was not bad but felt like a step down from the first XY opening.
Showcase performances < Pokémon contests. Maybe we will get surprised by how good they turn out to be but I am not getting my hopes up.

"Hi everyone, my name is Chespin and I am addicted to Poke puffs"

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Gosh that opening was awful. That very bad song mixed with some scenes, that happened around 20-30 episodes ago is just dissapointing.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Gosh that opening was awful. That very bad song mixed with some scenes, that happened around 20-30 episodes ago is just dissapointing.
They really can't make an opening with
Frogadier, Braixen, Luxray, Goomy/Sliggo/Goodra, Serena's new design ect because most of them don't happen until later down the road. Bar Frogadier which happens in 3 episodes.

Wow Ash is going to get a new rival?

If that Treecko kid really counts as a rival then yeah.

Last edited:

Pokegirl0102

They really can't make an opening with
Frogadier, Braixen, Luxray, Goomy/Sliggo/Goodra, Serena's new design ect because most of them don't happen until later down the road. Bar Frogadier which happens in 3 episodes.

If that Treecko kid really counts as a rival then yeah.

I don't remember seeing a Treecko Kid

NPT

Just a member
And so, this episode marked the start of the 18th season of the Pokémon anime dub. The new opening "Be a Hero" is awesome in my opinion. It's a step up from the BW openings.

The episode itself was pretty good. Nini was a fun character, but her design isn't quite my cup of tea. The interactions between Pancham, Chespin Smoochum and Farfetch'd were quite amusing, although I would've liked to see more of Serena's Performance training.

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
The song is nothing like you would have expected. It was more like a 4kids op which is great since season 8 was the last good one we got.

They can't make a decent opening to save their lives. Or even if they were payed more. You're right. Season 8 intro was the last great one! The episode was kinda bland in my opinion. But at least they're 2 new ones coming on later today. And the full Pokemon XY Movie i assume?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That opening was cringe worthy and should have been used when Ms. Mega Evolution was around. Ironically, none of her scenes made it, but one-shot Diantha's did.

Only thing I liked about this episode was how Farfetch'd was used as background comedy. He seems to be the shy type with conflicted feelings about Smoochum...and he even worried about other strangers hugging her while he continuously sweat-dropped, yet nobody paid him any attention.

No, Ash. If they bicker like that all the time, it's bound to happen again. That just means you're friends with TR.

This episode was not very good and neither was the intro song.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Intro song didn't feel upbeat enough for me to want to sing a long (for most opening themes, I do like to sing the song). I'll have to go back and listen to the song. At least back in B/W, I enjoyed the songs they came up with.

The episode itself is far from exciting, but its nice to see Farfetch'd.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Finally this episode airs in the dub. I thought it was pretty good, though the Chespin and Pancham rivalry was kind of annoying until they teamed up against Team Rocket. The performance appeals look interesting. Serena was perfect as usual in this episode.
9/10

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
The intro is certainly...ummm....different. I haven't decided if I like it but I'm sure it will grow on me as we progress through Series 2.

The episode itself wasn't bad and Serena's performance is coming along nicely. It looks like Jessie will partake too which I certainly approve of!

Pancham and Chespin's fight was funny at times but also annoying at times as I just wanted to get on with the episode but I did like them coming together at the end and defeating Team Rocket (who needs trainers, Pokémon are fine on their own lol).

Nice episode, onto the next one!

Vipsoccermaster

Intro felt short, but that's how it is. As for the episode, Nini was a bit strange, but okay. Pancham and Chespin fighting was hilarious, but they knew they had to get serious into teamwork at the end when being attacked by Team Rocket.