• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul/Shinji Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Encyclopika

The Queen
^Agreed. I find it to be so unlike the character. I was thinking Jack, Damien - something dark and cold like our favorite purple-haired rival. But...Paul? It's like an old-guy or weakling name, something I wouldn't have a problem with had it been slapped on Timmy (Phantom coordinator). =\ When you put the characters side by side, you see the problem. I'll get used to it though, you just watch, because I can't seem to figure out what day it is for the rest of the week if I don't watch my Pokemon on Saturday. XD;

We should have a rule in this club. If you like Shinji and respect Shinji for the badass he is, the name Paul will result in an infraction if in use.
XD It should though there might be some people who actually like that name for him. (I wonder who... oO; ) Still calling him Shinji however. :p

Welcome Washu although you need more explaining in order to join. Adding you to the list any way.

Encyclopika said:
^Agreed. I find it to be so unlike the character. I was thinking Jack, Damien - something dark and cold like our favorite purple-haired rival. But...Paul? It's like an old-guy or weakling name, something I wouldn't have a problem with had it been slapped on Timmy (Phantom coordinator). =\ When you put the characters side by side, you see the problem. I'll get used to it though, you just watch, because I can't seem to figure out what day it is for the rest of the week if I don't watch my Pokemon on Saturday. XD;
Yeah. That's PUSA for ya I guess. lol

emeraldrayquaza

Make a Wish
I think the name Dantae would have suited him well.

But --that name--? *shudder*

I cried when I heard it. Really. Well, actually, I plotted against the dubbers and through an old shoe out the door... but then I felt better. I'll always call him Shinji, and if people don't know who I'm talking about, screw them.

So there.

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
We should have a rule in this club. If you like Shinji and respect Shinji for the badass he is, the name Paul will result in an infraction if in use.

oh, btw, I cyberslit my wrists 8D

Hnn. That's great...

As for the infraction thing, that's kinda...going too far. I mean, I'm actually starting to like the name Paul. It's just so funny to say it and link it to Shinji. (You don't know how many times my friends and I were laughing at/mocking it at school...) In my opinion, the name isn't really important. It's the voice. As long as "Paul"'s voice sounds good or is close to Furushima Kiyotaka-san's, I'll ignore the name and just laugh at it for the fun of it. x]

But regardless, I'll still call him Shinji. It's smexier. :B

"Pooru is not betteru than Shinji...ru" *Shot* xD;;

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Paul is my father's second name. Not funny x____x

Though, the name doesn't so bad to me any more after a night of sleep, and I'm quite certain it's the name I'll use in the future. Shinji still sounds a million times better, but it'd just be plain weird for me to use dub names of characters 99% of the time and only make an exception for Shinji ^^"

Can't believe how long I've been gone from here. Not only from this club, but the whole section in general.
[IMG139]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/haibara-ai/DP/shinji23-1.jpg[/IMG139]

Jay star

Coordinator Lover
I dont want to join but I do want to talk about shinji a moment with you guys if I can?.
I kinda agree that releasing a pokemon back to its home if you dont want to train it is a good thing but I dont agree with him giving his Azumarill to a random trainer.

What do you guys think of his releasing pokemon he deams to weak policy?

If you dont mind me asking ^^ if its not ok because I am not a member, then thats ok ^^ I'll understand.

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
What do you guys think of his releasing pokemon he deams to weak policy?

If you dont mind me asking ^^ if its not ok because I am not a member, then thats ok ^^ I'll understand.

Shinji's pickyness is just why he's so badass. It's love. D:

I'm actually not really against what he does. I do the same thing sometimes in my games, but I don't release them; I just neglect them and catch a stronger leveled one (Though eventually, I might start training them).

I don't call them "tsukaenai"/"useless" at least. xD

40.jpg

By Nibi. It looks like Nibi-san knows about the Paul thing as well. xDDD

Crystal Clair

Something just hit me hard in the stomach
we haven't seen Shinji since Ash's gym battle back in Kurogane city....
What if the writers scrapped him?.....

........ wait I shouldn't think that, because in the opening, Shinji has a Murkrow and he hasn't gotten one yet.

Dammit Shinji! Get that Murkrow and appear like now!
Yeah, I miss him

Btw, there should be a new thing in this club. Members (if they are artists) should draw very anime-istic pictures of Shinji to tide us over until he reappears.

I have an anime style Shinji pic to donate to the club. It's a little weird-looking but I tried
[img200]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4051/shinjiskykp3.png[/img200]

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
Lol. Wow, your fanart really does look like the anime style. Though, Shinji smiling was a little off. *Loves angry Shinji more* XD

Anyways, I would post my Shinji art, but MINE aren't anime-styled. In fact, I can't draw him anime-styled, 'cept his eyes of course. But regardless, this is Shinji we're talking about, so I might as well try. D:

emeraldrayquaza

Make a Wish
If I had anything that wasn't Ikarishipping or didn't look like total crap, sure, I'd post it! :D

Truth is, I haven't drawn Shinji in a while. Not since I changed my drawing style, anyway. That was December. *goes to draw Shinji*

Crystal Clair

Does anyone know Pokemon box?
Well, Pokesho just made a joke out of that (I just spent five minutes laughing my head off)
Instead of Bridgette, it's Shinji
t_07_spring.jpg

emeraldrayquaza

Make a Wish
Last edited:
Nice emeraldrayquaza! *______* *saves because she can*

I know I randomly drew Shinji in my notes somewhere. I'd scan/show it but it's messed up. (as in there are words that are covering him) DX I'll try to trace it and then scan it.

I agree though @ drawing more Shinji. o.o;

Nice fanarts/drawings/pics everyone.

Crystal Clair

Irene, could you do me a favor and post that snowboarding Shinji? I lost it (cant find it) and I just formatted my entire pc (backed up everything though) and that pic of Shinji happens to be my wallpaper
I'm not sending this through PM because it'd be like a donation to the club.

Crystal Clair, are you talking about this?
sinji2.jpg

Sadly I never got who was the artist. ><;;

Crystal Clair

^Yes, exactly
btw, I eventually found the pic, but I still kept that post because having that pic here makes the club more attractive.
*likes the pic a lot*
btw, I updated my website with a page dedicated to Shinji. It has a mediocre banner but the color theme goes with his jacket!
Here's my site
btw, I'll be able to update it much easier because the site updator thingie can be installed on my computer because I replenished my computer by reinstalling Windows XP!
Yay!

edit:
I did a beautiful oekaki using paintbbs. I did Shinji Sugimori style and the background realism.
1691mz3.png

Last edited:
^ OMG That's an awesome pic. :3 *saves it* Nice site btw!

The club's dying! oO; *needs more people, posts and Shinji* :X

Crystal Clair

*revives club*
For anyone who saw the PUSA dub the other day, do you think PUSA made Shinji sound good enough?

I didn't. Shinji (dub) sounded like a jerk. Just a jerk. Shinji (original) sounded not only like a jerk but a snob and someone who looked down on Ash. His voice had more depth to it and had a very sexy/interesting smoothness that the dub Shinji didn't. Shinji (Japanese) may sound old for his age but Shinji (dub) sounded ten times too old for his age
In other words, I dislike it. But I dont hate it... at least I think I dont.

emeraldrayquaza

Make a Wish
For anyone who saw the PUSA dub the other day, do you think PUSA made Shinji sound good enough?

Personally, I thought it was pwnful. (But that's becuase it made me go into rabid fangirl spasms for the rest of the day.)

Or maybe it's because I've only heard Shinji's real voice once or twice, so I had very little to compare it to. The only thing I think it should have been was a pitch or two higher.

The only other thing I hated about the entire premier was that the theme song was terrible. It made the Battle Frontier opening sound like it was written by Mozart. (And I hate the BF theme song, no lie.)

Enough of that. I stayed up late last night AGAIN to draw a picture of Shinji, AGAIN. And my scanner totally killed his hair AGAIN.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3348/shinjismirkpo5.png
Rawr. :K

Encyclopika

The Queen
I thought it was dead sexy<3 XDD I still don't like his name but the voice makes it less painful. =3

Status
Not open for further replies.