• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul vs Alan

Paul or Alan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

snorlax512

Other people didn't, so he walked away with a lot of credit in the end which he didn't deserve.

Alain wanted to become strong to protect the people he loved (a.k.a Mairin). He was tricked by Lysandre, and made up for it by defeating him, saving Mairin's Chespin and stopping the monster. Why does he not deserve to be forgiven?

Genaller

Silver Soul
Name a more legitimate source than Bulbapedia/Wikipedia

The actual anime and games for starters, as those are first hand (direct) sources whereas Bulbapedia isn't. Takeshi Shudo's novels on the anime. Any quotes or statemnts by the writers. You do know that Wikipedia is considered an unacceptable citation source by Universities since anyone can edit them, Right?

snorlax512

The actual anime and games for starters, as those are first hand (direct) sources whereas Bulbapedia isn't. Takeshi Shudo's novels on the anime. Any quotes or statemnts by the writers. You do know that Wikipedia is considered an unacceptable citation source by Universities since anyone can edit them, Right?
lol he has no idea what he's talking about

Genaller

Silver Soul
Other people didn't, so he walked away with a lot of credit in the end which he didn't deserve.

Right and in XYZ 44 he was so happy and basking in all the credit he got. Wait no he wasn't?! He was actually still sad and distraught over what had happened and resolved to start from scratch in order to better himself. Once again, what other characters thought of him objectively has nothing to do with whether he is a Gary Stu. If you don't like Alan, then that's your business, but don't go using the term "Gary Stu" incrorectly.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Name a more legitimate source than Bulbapedia/Wikipedia

Literally everything else, as long as they can't back-up their articles by sources. You are just making a fool out of yourself right now. But hey, just try to turn in an essay in college with wikipedia as the source, and tell your prof. that there is no source more legitimate than Wikipedia lol.

If they don't have sources, their claims are as much of a "fact" as ours

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Literally everything else, as long as they can't back-up their articles by sources. You are just making a fool out of yourself right now. But hey, just try to turn in an essay in college with wikipedia as the source, and tell your prof. that there is no source more legitimate than Wikipedia lol.

If they don't have sources, their claims are as much of a "fact" as ours

I'm mostly talking about Bulbapedia,getting any information for an essay using Wikipedia is not good enough,that's grade school 101.
What I'm talking about is actual legitmate sources from the internet that's better than Bulbapedia.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I'm mostly talking about Bulbapedia,getting any information for an essay using Wikipedia is not good enough,that's grade school 101.
What I'm talking about is actual legitmate sources from the internet that's better than Bulbapedia.

Yeah, but the thing is, bulbapedia is basically the wikipedia of Pokemon. For an Anime, the only true source are the writers/producers/animators, and if Bulbapedia quotes them, that's a reliable source then. However, with the case of the article regarding the Rivals, literally anyone could've written it, there is no source whatsoever, hence it's as much of a fact as our opinion.

Bulbapedia is reliable regarding in-game mechanics, because there, they have actual sources (The games), but you have to take it with a grain of salt everywhere else

Izanagi777

Well, power wise pretty sure Alan is stronger than Paul.. I mean he own a Mega Charizard X that capable to taken down 1 of Elite 4 pokemon.. It would be a close match though, especially if Paul use his most powerful team that he left during the league battle against ash (Like his Torterra, Magmortar, and Ursaring)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well, power wise pretty sure Alan is stronger than Paul.. I mean he own a Mega Charizard X that capable to taken down 1 of Elite 4 pokemon.. It would be a close match though, especially if Paul use his most powerful team that he left during the league battle against ash (Like his Torterra, Magmortar, and Ursaring)

Actually, no. Alain's MC-X defeated ten Mega Evolution trainers in a row and still defeated an E4 member's ace Pokemon after that despite being exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.