• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul vs Alan

Paul or Alan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Alain would win due to having Mega Charizard X. Paul doesn't have a mega. Plus Alain has two pseudo-legendary pokemon in his team.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Maaaaan, that's tricky!

Both prioritize power and can have a cool insight about battles, even if Alain is more passional (not Ash's passional levels). With prep time, Paul can make anyone not champion/E4/Brandon sweat hard for their money. But, power wise, I'll go with Alain.

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
Depends what Pokémon Paul uses. Alain could potentially sweep with Mega Charizard X, but I could see Paul sending out Drapion, then have it use Toxic Spikes, then he has to hope poison takes MCX out. If Paul takes care of MCX, he'll win against Alain. Beating that Charizard is easier said than done, though.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Probably Alain. Paul is a great trainer, but dealing with MCX is a massive challenge and then having to take on Pseudos like Metagross and T-Tar after that. It just seems like too much.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Depends what Pokémon Paul uses. Alain could potentially sweep with Mega Charizard X, but I could see Paul sending out Drapion, then have it use Toxic Spikes, then he has to hope poison takes MCX out. If Paul takes care of MCX, he'll win against Alain. Beating that Charizard is easier said than done, though.

Considering megazardX can fly + pull a infernape and blast burn'd the battlefield, I can't see toxic spikes delaying Alain as much as delayed Ash.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
If it's a 1 on 1 battle between Alain's Charizard and one of Paul's pokemon then Alain wins but if it's a 6 on 6 battle then I'd have to give the slight edge to Paul due to being a very competitive battler and a better tactician.Majority of Paul's pokemon are highly trained Powerhouses and tanks with special abilities in their arsenal who are also capable of sweeping in a team battle,Lake Acuity battle Paul laid the smackdown on Ash's DP team by constantly switching for type advantages while also using Electabuzz's versatility in Light Screen to cover up for the next mon.In the Final Round of the Sinnoh League Paul took full advantage of his Pokemon's abilities and used them against Ash,he also adapted to the counter shield strategy Ash used on him prior and turned it against him,commanded Electivire to use Thunder on the battlefield to rattle Gliscor and Pikachu.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I'm with Alain, Paul's team can't defeat Alain's Mega Charizard X.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I'm with Alain, Paul's team can't defeat Alain's Mega Charizard X.

He can if it's a team battle,when he first battled Cynthia most of his pokemon got one shotted but with his Torterra he managed to bring her Garchomp to her knees with Giga Drain,he's improved a lot more as a trainer and with his pokemon throughout DP and I'd say he'd do even better than the did the first time.Alain is a strong trainer but is no where near a level of a Cynthia or any champion for that matter .So all Paul would have to do is wear his Charizard down then summon his Torterra to use Giga Drain then finish it with Frenzy Plant.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Alain. His Charizard X is near busted.

Unless Paul can kill it without losing a significant amount of mons, he's got no chance.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm I'm going with Paul cuz he had a stronger team overall while only Alain's Charizard seems impressive to me so far. ^^

Red and Blue

Alain obviously. He could potentially beat a champion while Paul was dominated by Cynthia

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Depends on how prepared Paul is and if he can find an exploit against Alain. Also depends if Alain is smart enough to not fall for tricks (he's more of a trainer that fights with force, so I think he will fall for Paul's baits.)

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Depends on how prepared Paul is and if he can find an exploit against Alain. Also depends if Alain is smart enough to not fall for tricks (he's more of a trainer that fights with force, so I think he will fall for Paul's baits.)

Agreed man,he's arguably the most strategical trainer in the entire show.

Navin

MALDREAD
Unless we see the rest of Alain's team and their power levels, as well as how Alain can use them, this is pretty difficult to say.

I give the edge to Alain right now simply due to Mega Charizard X being final raid boss material, but Paul could probably bring it down with some combination of his Pokémon.

However, after this week's episode, it'll be easier to say.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Paul would kick his ***. He's had regions worth of experience and doesn't depend on a Mega like Alain

Leonhart

Imagineer
Alan would win, no doubt in my mind. His team is looking really tough right now, and of course he has a Mega on his team, which Shinji can't compete with.

Status
Not open for further replies.