1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Paul

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by S.Suikun, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

He was like his friend, especially when it was an Elekid. considering that we are talking about Paul , it's pretty nicely, isn't it?

2. STICKTOPIA

STICKTOPIA Well-Known Member

They didn't show any friendship. Are saying that b/c we saw Paul with Elekid out of the pokeball a few times?

3. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

It's remainds me Ash's Pikachu, maybe because of it. maybe it's not a friendship, but it was nice. we saw him with his Electabuzz out of his pokeball few times also.

4. Champion Shirona

Champion Shirona Well-Known Member

Paul doesn show respect.
    I remember that episode when Elekid tried to make friends with Pikachu instead it use Thunder on it.

5. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Yes, his Electabuzz was very nice. it even helped to them when TG attacked Veilstone City. Paul raised it pretty good.

6. Squaaah

Squaaah Well-Known Member

I think what happened there was under Pauls care, Electabuzz was an *sswhole who, but when he was left under Reggies care, and saw how Ash trained with Staravia and its successfully learning brave bird, it learned about friendship.

The next time they met, Paul scolded Electabuzz for greeting Pikachu and Ash warmly IIRC.

Paul doesn't really treat his pokemon friendly at all. He hardens them by trying to make them more emotionless, more cold and calculating, like Paul is. He doesn't DISlike any of his pokemon, unless their weak, then he releases them, but the strong ones he is somewhat neutral too.

Whereas Ash trains by using friendship and love to over come tactics and stuff.

7. STICKTOPIA

I recall that happening three times: The 1st time was when he was trying to catch Drapion, the 2nd time was when he was training it with Magmar and he returned it but not Electrabuzz, and the 3rd time he was training it for that 6 on 6 battle. You may have a point Ash-kid.

8. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

And i wonder why he spends time with Electrabuzz when Turtwig/Torterra is actually his starter pokemon.

9. catzeye

catzeye Writer's Block

But you have to consider the fact Torterra is HUGE. It would be harder for Torterra to follow Paul around. And besides since Torterra was his starter it would mean they already "bonded" (if they did bond).

10. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Yes you are probably right. and he let to Torterra to be out of it's pokeball once. when it was a Turtwig we saw that it was near Paul in Reggie's battle.

11. Madame Pika

Madame Pika Active Member

He does seem to believe that to be stronger is what his pokemon truely what.

12. FlameRose

FlameRose Well-Known Member

The odd thing about him not having friendship with his Pokemon is how Torterra has Frenzy Plant, which I swear your starter needs happiness to be taught.

13. PAKEPAKE

PAKEPAKE Well-Known Member

Does not Paul appear till Sinnoh league is held?

14. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

He's still allowed to get appearances before the Sinnoh League. I doubt Paul is stupid enough to go straight to the Sinnoh League after he got his 8th Badge. Obviously, he is training and he'd have to get there from Canalave City as well.

15. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

I guess that Paul is training right now to the league, and i think he knows where the league will be held as well.

16. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think so. Since Paul is most likely starting from Canalave City, he is pretty far away from the Sinnoh League and it would take him time to get there so maybe he'll be there the same time as Ash.

17. STICKTOPIA

we don't know about that but it may appear so.

That's the only time we know of that Paul had it out of its pokeball. Wait a sec it was out the pokeball when Ash's Turtwig evolved.

18. AllenApple

AllenApple Ultimate Sodapop Guy

paul is ugly and a jerk and a punk and alot of other things.

19. STICKTOPIA

Wow that's harsh.... You must really hate this guy.... He may be a jerk but he knows how to battle.

20. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Right, and we didn't see how Paul treated to his Torterra when it was a Grotle. from what we know, Torterra/Turtwig was only 3 times out of it's pokeball. (and with Cynthia also)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.