1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Paul

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by S.Suikun, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

Wow, but as STICKTOPIA said, Paul does know how to battle although it does seem harsh. He also keeps strong Pokémon and does not take the time to raise weak ones which is actually kind of smart.

2. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

Despite that (your opinions), like everyone else said, Paul is a good battler.

3. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

lol, you sound like me! I remember once calling Paul an 'evil bully', and that he was entirely to blame for Chimchar's current state.

4. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

Yeah because look how he treated Ash in a full six on six battle. He wiped the floor with him.

5. deathseer

deathseer Oh, u mad bro?

I respect Paul and his battling skills. But that is as far as I will go. Still believe he is a major douche and deserves to be knocked down a peg or two. Losses to Brandon and Cynthia do not count in my book as defeats against them were unavoidable.

I can't wait to see Ash come back and totally thrash him. It will show him that he can't just write people off as weak and insult thier Pokemon. I don't think the rivalry will end at the League, it will just show that Ash is capable of standing on equal ground with him.

6. CheeseChan.xx

CheeseChan.xx I ♥ Shinji

*GASP* how dare you!
    Even if he IS a jerk, Shinji is smexy, and he's much stronger than Satoshi. :p

:3

7. streetlightdsb

streetlightdsb Uni hiatus

Even though he has a fair amount of 'mons already, I'd like to see Paul use some other pokemon in the league. Only the preliminaries though, Ash's team needs revenge on the full battle team ;). A swampert or gengar would be cool.

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

He's on-par with Ash. If Ash had used his other Pokemon, they'd be evenly matched in battle.

9. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

He had Hariyama and Nidoking, but they were pretty weak. (maybe because it was vs Brandon) so he might use them although I think he won't.

10. STICKTOPIA

STICKTOPIA Well-Known Member

Nah they weren't weak. No one is gonna have an easy time battling against a frontier brain.

11. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Well he lost after two hits. but yeah Nidoking was strong, vs Brandon no one expected that it will win. maybe against regular trainers it might win.

12. anothername

anothername Well-Known Member

Just imagine if Ash started changing his way of training to one similiar to pauls, his pokkemon sure would've gotten a lot stronger than they are.

13. girazard

girazard IT'S A TRAP!!!

In the league, Ash will finally beat him (Monferno/Infernape as his last Poke, obviously) due to Ash implementing some of Paul's battling styles himself (such as luring in Torterra with Buizel and then nailing it with Ice Punch, like Paul did with Torterra against Staraptor) and Paul screaming at his almost-defeated Pokes that they are pathetic, etc, causing them to lose the will to battle and faint.

After that the next episode will revolve around Paul getting really angry with himself, his pokes and Ash, but after a talk with him (and a possible intervention fromTR) he will realise that he was wrong to treat his Pokemon so harshly. However, he will still continue to push his Pokemon really hard, but won't go as psycho as he has before.

14. KGB13

KGB13 Man of Mystery

I like Paul's pokemon more than I like him. I think his character design and development is good but I hope when Ash beats him in the league (and he will) that he will become a bit nicer and more caring towards others and his pokemon. Not a complete softy but a little less rude.

15. GalladeX

GalladeX Well-Known Member

Well now. if u are gonna diss paul u foo use da propa gramma, looza!

That aside, I haven't seen the Ash-floor-wiping episode(s?), but you guys make it sound pretty brutal.

Paul really reminds me of Simon Cowell o.o
    British Paul = Win.

Anyway, instead of implementing Paul's own strategies, I'd like to see Ash use them against Paul. If Ash realllly wants to beat Paul, he could teach Monferno Low Kick, since half of Paul's Pokemon (Torterra, Ursaring, and Magmortar) are relatively heavy.

16. STICKTOPIA

STICKTOPIA Well-Known Member

That's the thing. Ash is doing what Paul does(sort of). In "Aiding the Enemy", Ash had the pokemon attack Pikachu, Chimchar, and Buizel to power them up. He just needs to do it more often.

17. PAKEPAKE

PAKEPAKE Well-Known Member

Is the Pokemon of Paul raised to Reggie?
    They are the brothers that relation looks good unexpectedly.

18. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Paul is the same douche to his brother that he is to everyone else. He only has a single goal, and he doesn't care who he needs to use for him to get to that goal. Reggie just helps him because he understands Paul's inner turmoil.

Paul has an amazing team if you like it or not, and along with that team uses some of the better strategies/tactics we've seen on screen. His spamming of Protect and Light Screen might seem cheap, but they're attacks, so he's allowed to use them. It isn't as if he has Electabuzz solely for those two attacks, as it can pack a punch as well. What my point is, is that Paul has pokemon with such diverse sets (well Honchkrow doesn't, though it has a great long/short range attack moveset), that incorperate major offense with decent defensive/tactical/support moves.

Ash is now getting to that point with his crew. If Ash's crew keeps powering up, he's going to get to where Paul is, but in a friendlier manner.

19. Rizardon

Rizardon Boulder Trainer

I do feel Pauls' way is a bit cheap though.

Like we've seen with Weavile for example, not all of his Pokemon are all that powerful. He just switches out a LOT to gain the advantage. (Seriously, 1 attack and then switching out already, who does that?)

20. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

No, because Paul would just prepare and Ash would go along with the battle with no strategy in mind. I don't think they are evenly matched now but once in the league it will be a completely different level and Ash knows he has to prepare and figure out what Paul will most likely have and do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.