• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovable Brat

Something I just want to point out. Paul may be harsh, ruthless, and a bit mean but he also isn't the type of person who is happy with getting something he didn't deserve. In Dp163, he seemed really upset at the mention of Sunnyshore Gym and in Dp165 we find out that the gym leader actually has a whole pile of badges outside waiting for trainers to claim them. This probably hurt Paul's pride a little. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually tried to get in like Ash did before finally giving up and taking the badge. That'd actually be a bit amusing to see.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Something I just want to point out. Paul may be harsh, ruthless, and a bit mean but he also isn't the type of person who is happy with getting something he didn't deserve. In Dp163, he seemed really upset at the mention of Sunnyshore Gym and in Dp165 we find out that the gym leader actually has a whole pile of badges outside waiting for trainers to claim them. This probably hurt Paul's pride a little. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually tried to get in like Ash did before finally giving up and taking the badge. That'd actually be a bit amusing to see.

It is very doubtful if he did it. For that he had to go to places in the city to find him. But he did mention that Volkner is the weakest gym leader, which means he must have been seen him somehow.
I don't know if it's a pride, but he probably didn't want to get something without a fight on it. He also gives respect to strong trainers and older people (He bowed to Rowan, for example).

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
It is very doubtful if he did it. For that he had to go to places in the city to find him. But he did mention that Volkner is the weakest gym leader, which means he must have been seen him somehow.
I don't know if it's a pride, but he probably didn't want to get something without a fight on it. He also gives respect to strong trainers and older people (He bowed to Rowan, for example).

That's the way I see it too, but also the thing with Volkner, I'm not sure if actually even met or saw Volkner, maybe he heard about him or something (i.e. Reggie, guide book ect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.