• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKTOPIA

I like Paul's deminor and such he's one of my favorite Rival's for Ash. I think one day Paul will have a reality check and start being nice :/ I would be sad if that happened
I don't think he'll be all-nice, but it's the bad attitude that will go away.

Chim-Charred!

Blast Evolution!
If Paul turns nice I'll hate him worse than I hate Ash!

LinkG07

By season's end Paul will either:

a.) Acknowledge Ash as a trainer and want a rematch someday.
b.) Lose with dignity and go off to do some soul searching like Gary did.

Paul is in fact a better trainer than Ash. His methods are messed up, but he pushes his Pokemon to the limit thus making them rock hard. Ash gradually trains them using strategy and not strength, but once he gets into a battle he makes the most stupidest decisions, its like he's in Kanto all over again.

Waterpokes

If Paul becomes nice after the league, I feel like seeing Gary all over again.
Hopefully, Paul becomes a trainer he is now. He can train harsh and stuff.
But he should show some respect to others, like Ash.
To Dawn, please don't.

milenadrg

Paul is interesting and one of my favourite characters. The show really needed someone who is cruel and cold, not only friendly trainers who are nice to their Pokemon...

After Sinnoh league, does Paul become the same breeder as the elder brother?
Gary became a researcher same as Professor Oak, too.

If same happens to Paul at the end, I will be really angry...

STICKTOPIA

After Sinnoh league, does Paul become the same breeder as the elder brother?
Gary became a researcher same as Professor Oak, too.

There is not the work that he does in Battle Frontier...
Paul becoming a breeder? I recall Paul saying that he won't make the same pathetic mistake his brother did and that was him giving everything to be a breeder. I can't see Paul doing that b/c of his personality.

Waterpokes

But sometimes, personallities are meant to be changed.
I doubt that Paul will become a breeder, and I hope that he won't become a researcher.
Would be awesome if he became under-agent and maybe track down bad guys, for that team Lance is in. Team G or something.

STICKTOPIA

They call it G-man I believe. Yea personalities can change but I still don't think he'll be a breeder. I can see him being an under-agent though.

catzeye

Writer's Block
When Paul finally loses to Ash in the league, I wanna see one of those moments when he completely breaks. Then when Ash tries to talk to him and be a good sport, he just loses it.

I would love to see that happen. Paul punching Ash out on Live TV at the Pokemon League. Hahahaha- oh wait this is Pokemon. That won't happen >_>

No I can't see Paul as a breeder. He'd be fed up with the baby pokemon. But then again this is Pokemon. Paul in an apron....

STICKTOPIA

I would love to see that happen. Paul punching Ash out on Live TV at the Pokemon League. Hahahaha- oh wait this is Pokemon. That won't happen >_>

No I can't see Paul as a breeder. He'd be fed up with the baby pokemon. But then again this is Pokemon. Paul in an apron....
Omg that would be crazy but seriously though I can see him learning that you have to be one with ur pokemon.

Madame Pika

I don't want Paul to loose to Ash in the league. However, since we all know that 'being a kid's show (espesually one where the writers are already scared of being called cruel to animals) this won't happen'. I think that the closest to what I want to happen that could happen is this: he'll lose to Ash then become an even more of a 'jerk'.

*likes the idea of punching Ash live on TV* ^-^

FlameRose

*laughs at the image of Paul breaking a TV*

All I want is for him to change his training ways a bit, and be a little more open towards people, respect Ash a little more, but still keep his anti-social personality. Is that too much to ask from the writers?

STICKTOPIA

*laughs at the image of Paul breaking a TV*

All I want is for him to change his training ways a bit, and be a little more open towards people, respect Ash a little more, but still keep his anti-social personality. Is that too much to ask from the writers?
No it's not too much to ask from the writers. I hope they're planning that. They can't make Paul stay like that!

Torpoleon

Paul will probably change his ways eventually. Probably not in Sinnoh though. There is still time. It's just like Gary, remember?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Paul will probably change his ways eventually. Probably not in Sinnoh though. There is still time. It's just like Gary, remember?

Gary was just a jerk. Paul has emotional issues. It won't be easy for him to change.

Gary was just a jerk. Paul has emotional issues. It won't be easy for him to change.

That's true. Gary's jerkness easily changed since he didn't have much screentime (imo). Paul's problems aren't easy to fix since he developed his harsh training after watching his older brother get owned in a battle. Also, Paul is a WAY more developed character than Gary was. Of course it would be real difficult to "change" him (as if anybody'd want THAT).

Anyway, I love Paul just the way he is. Adds that fiery spark to his rivalry with Ash, which is also nicely developed.

STICKTOPIA

I think Paul learned something from that 6 on 6 battle against Brandon. I think it changed something in him. Something in that 6 on 6 against Ash was different from the rest of their battles although i cant figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.