• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
i forgot

btw,pauls torterra must love him,beacuse you must have full friendship with

your pokemon to learn them the elemental hyper beams and,as you all know

,his torterra knows frenzy plant.

screw blaziken,i love natu!!!;177;;177;;177;

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
admit that paul is just a copy of silver!

they look just the same and they both have a ursaring and a weawile/sneasel

(manga silver has them). but anyways,i kinda like his battling style and his

almighty pokemons.

If you want to go to details, game!Silver doesn't have an Ursaring. Manga!Silver has, but game one doesn't. And Sneasel was Silver's signature, whereas Paul's is Electrabuzz.

But despite some some minor differences Paul is basically a copy of Silver.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Not entirely. Didn't silver steal some Pokemon, like his starter and his Sneasel? Paul would never steal.

Chim-Charred!

Blast Evolution!

almighty pokemons.

Well isn't Ask kind of a less cool copy of Red?

CheeseChan.xx

I ♥ Shinji
! Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoob

almighty pokemons.

Well isn't Ask kind of a less cool copy of Red?
Yeah xD
Red > Ash

By the way, does anyone know what episode it was when Shinji fell down that cliff? I need it for an amv I'm making :3

Habibi

I like Paul, he is quite an interesting character. He is with out a doubt the nastiest rival he has ever had. Gary was nicer than Paul, at least Gary never threw his Pokemon away (at least thats what it seems).

Gamerman

Pauls the worst of ashes rivals in my opinion... but he has some cool pokemon.

Paul is one of Ash's best rivals next to Gary Oak. He is tough on his Pokemon, yes, but deep down he cares for his Pokemon and you can see that. He is a skilled trainer and know what he is doing.

Maybe he isn't the sweetest guy to his Pokemon, but he really just wants the best for them. That is why he releases them into the wild. Its a double-standard in my opinion. Yes, he cares for his Pokemon, but if he doesn't see a potential in them (much like a boss) he gets rid of them and maybe a different trainer will see differently (Ash with Chimchar deal).

But I would really like to see Gary vs Paul. That would be a great match (I know Gary doesn't battle anymore).

getto89

Elite Four Sami
Ash is a way better battler when he is in final competitions and on top of that paul will start losing and lose his cool because he will be insulting his pokemon for being weak and that will bring him down
PS ash better make it at least top 4

9Tales

I think he's sort of gone from outright insulting Ash and calling him "pathetic" like he used to to a sort of indifference or grugding respect (feel free to contradict me on that). Though he hasn't stopped being insulting all together.

Did anyone also notice the major change in battle style when he faced Brandon? Normally Paul will try to assest the situation and come up with an unorthodox method of battling to throw his opponent off their usual game, but with Brandon, it was just rushing in blindly.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think he's sort of gone from outright insulting Ash and calling him "pathetic" like he used to to a sort of indifference or grugding respect (feel free to contradict me on that). Though he hasn't stopped being insulting all together.

Did anyone also notice the major change in battle style when he faced Brandon? Normally Paul will try to assest the situation and come up with an unorthodox method of battling to throw his opponent off their usual game, but with Brandon, it was just rushing in blindly.

I think it was just a battle, which was used as a preparation for his next gym battle and Paul knew he can't beat Brandon. He actually turned to Ash in this battle and tried it all too hard without using his intelligence so much, and he also didn't use his regular team. The proof of this already occurred after 3-4 episodes, there you can see a completely different style.

STICKTOPIA

Yea b/c he let his emotions get to him, especially after Nidoking lost... I don't think it clearly explains why but it is a reason. He even came up with a better strategy when he battled Cynthia.

Lunanight

Yeah xD
Red > Ash

By the way, does anyone know what episode it was when Shinji fell down that cliff? I need it for an amv I'm making :3

it was different strokes for different blokes(episode 6)

I am not sure as I do not 'take notes' of the early episodes of any region so can someone correct me if I am wrong?

zeno48

Zaker!
Pauls the worst of ashes rivals in my opinion... but he has some cool pokemon.
Why? Because he is not "nice" or "caring" to his pokemon like every other happy boring trainer? Because he has a different approach to training? because of his unatached feelings towards his pokemon?

Lunanight

I have just noticed something now: ALL of his pokemon have either high attack, high special attack or high speed in the games.

torterra: high attack
honchkow: high attack, high special attack(special attack base is 110)
ursaring: high attack
magmortar: high special attack
weavile: high speed, high attack (attack base is 120)
electabuzz: good speed, good special attack (speed base is 105) (special attack base is 95) (not fully evolved)
gliscor(if he still has it): good speed and attack (both stats are base 95)
ninjask(if he still has it): high speed
larion: good attack(not fully evolved) (the base attack is 90)

in other words: most of his pokemon are sweepers however some of them are not that fast in the games.

STICKTOPIA

I have just noticed something now: ALL of his pokemon have either high attack, high special attack or high speed in the games.

torterra: high attack
honchkow: high attack, high special attack(special attack base is 110)
ursaring: high attack
magmortar: high special attack
weavile: high speed, high attack (attack base is 120)
electabuzz: good speed, good special attack (speed base is 105) (special attack base is 95) (not fully evolved)
gliscor(if he still has it): good speed and attack (both stats are base 95)
ninjask(if he still has it): high speed
larion: good attack(not fully evolved) (the base attack is 90)

in other words: most of his pokemon are sweepers however some of them are not that fast in the games.
And his pokemon has defensive moves like Weavile with Swords Dance, Electabuzz with Protect and Light Screen, and Honchkrow with Haze. It all worked pretty for Paul.

Ash has only beaten Paul once, and that wasn't even a real match. It was the poke ringer.
Paul is alot stronger, but Ash has more character. *sigh* I wish they still had Gary. He had both.

CheeseChan.xx

I ♥ Shinji
Ash has only beaten Paul once, and that wasn't even a real match. It was the poke ringer.
Paul is alot stronger, but Ash has more character. *sigh* I wish they still had Gary. He had both.

Yeah, i miss gary D: he's not as sexy as Shinji though xD

Y'know, if Shinji was a bit nicer i think he'd be the best character on the show <3

Status
Not open for further replies.