• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul's Electivire vs Paul's Torterra (Which is stronger?)

Which Juggernaut is Paul's strongest?

• Electivire

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Torterra

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
To be fair he said “Pikachu” not “Peakachu”/“Haxachu”. At the very least Paul’s Torterra isn’t loosing to a noob Snivy or struggling against a noob Chikorita or getting outperformed by Serena’s flipping Sylveon. Any starter with multi-regional expereince that doesn’t have Pikachu’s BS inconsistent writing can probably take the claim of “Pikachu done right” (though definitely not Peakachu done right).
'Peakachu' is included in Pikachu's overall body of work in battles, its overall legacy, so that makes up for it. Even if we include those losses Pikachu's feats overwhelm Torterra's by far. Now-a-days in SM, Pikachu is amazingly consistent and barely looses a battle so.......

It's fully evolved,went through hard training,and doesn't reset.
Well, sure, but so did plenty of Ash's other Pokemon as well.

What feats are you speaking of?
Defeating FB aces like Lucy's Milotic, Anabel's Espeon, Brandon's Regice, tying with Tobias's Latios, defeating Trip's hacked Serperior, defeating Korrina's Mega Lucario, defeating 2 of Alain's pseudo's and making his Charizard kneel, contributing significant damage in bringing down Lysandre's insanely powerful Mega Gyarados, destroying Misty's Mega Gyarados, OHKO'ing Ultra Beast Nihilego with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, etc. etc. Oh, I'm tired.....

Pikachu isn't defeating Garchomp either so this was a bad example to use.
Well, sure, but if Garchomp wasn't a Ground type and immune to Pikachu's Electric attacks then I'm sure Pikachu would do much better than Torterra.

Yeah and?

Yeah and?
I meant that those feats of Torterra doesn't stack up to Pikachu's best feats.

You're speaking of Haxachu,not Pikachu.Torterra is Pikachu done right
But Haxachu is included in Pikachu's overall legacy and body of work, so that point is kinda moot.

And if your problem is with Pikachu's inconsistency, then let me tell you that now-a-days Pikachu is amazingly consistent and barely looses a battle: in the SM saga.

It has gained access to incredibly/absurdly powerful Z-moves that can destroy Legendaries/Ultra Beasts in one hit, and done stuff like:

8MKBnj6.gif

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Defeating FB aces like Lucy's Milotic, Anabel's Espeon, Brandon's Regice, tying with Tobias's Latios, defeating Trip's hacked Serperior, defeating Korrina's Mega Lucario, defeating 2 of Alain's pseudo's and making his Charizard kneel, contributing significant damage in bringing down Lysandre's insanely powerful Mega Gyarados, destroying Misty's Mega Gyarados,
Torterra can defeat the pokemon from the BF,Trip's Serperior,and the rest.And if you retort by saying it lacks feats then you might as well place it below your tier 1 ranking at that point.

Well, sure, but if Garchomp wasn't a Ground type and immune to Pikachu's Electric attacks then I'm sure Pikachu would do much better than Torterra.
No it wouldn't,it would only take one hit for it to be KOed,you saw how Pikachu fared against Flint's Infernape,honestly it should have went down in one blow like Infernape did but it had to get back up for plot reasons.

Flint's Infernape isn't on Garchomp's level so Pikachu isn't doing better than Torterra.Could also use the example involving Trip's Serperior facing Alder's Bouffalant,it only took one hit for it to faint.

I meant that those feats of Torterra doesn't stack up to Pikachu's best feats.
Yeah so what made you think it was a good idea to mention them in the first place?

But Haxachu is included in Pikachu's overall legacy and body of work, so that point is kinda moot.
You have a better chance at convincing that to someone else than with me.
And if your problem is with Pikachu's inconsistency, then let me know you that now-a-days Pikachu is amazingly consistent are barely looses a battle: in the SM saga.
I don't watch sun and moon and don't ever plan to.

Genaller

Silver Soul
'Peakachu' is included in Pikachu's overall body of work in battles, its overall legacy, so that makes up for it. Even if we include those losses Pikachu's feats overwhelm Torterra's by far. Now-a-days in SM, Pikachu is amazingly consistent and barely looses a battle so.......
I’m sorry but no it doesn’t. Giving proper consideration to all of Pikachu’s feats; I would much rather rely on
Paul’s Torterra in a battle because at least with it I can be assured that it won’t get random plot nerfs. It might have an internal progression in SM (and should amusingly be about Torterra lvl in base at this point) but with respect to the entire anime it’s still very inconsistent. No way Latinos/KL Finals Pikachu would struggle against Hala’s Hariyama, barely faze Tapu Koko with a Z-move, pretty much loose to TRio’s Mimikyu to the point where Jessie ecstatically declared that they finally won a battle against Ash, and do squat against Mother Beast Nihilego without 10MVT. You want to tout Pikachu’s win streak to prove consistency then go ahead though at best it’s just artificial consistency; I’ve said this before but wins and losses by themselves really don’t mean much in tiering. We make fanmade terms like “Peakachu” in order to explain away horrendously inconsistent writing , but it still needs to be acknowledged that yes Pikachu is surrounded by horrendously inconsistent writing. Also to say Torterra < Pikachu because Torterra got thrashed by Cynthia’s Garchomp doesn’t work since Pikachu was also getting thrashed by Diantha’s Gardevoir. You could say that it wasn’t in “peak” mode but again that’s just a fanmade term; the narrative point was that Pikachu and by extension Ash had no business competing with a Champion at that point in the series.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Torterra can defeat the pokemon from the BF,Trip's Serperior,and the rest.And if you retort by saying it lacks feats then you might as well place it below your tier 1 ranking at that point.
Well it can defeat Lucy's Milotic, Anabel's Espeon, Trip's Serperior, Misty's Mega Gyarados and maybe Korrina's Mega Lucario too, but likely not defeating Brandon's Regice and certainly not tying with Tobias's Latios, taking down 2 of Alain's pseudos + making his Charizard kneel, contributing significant damage to bring down Lysandre's absurdly powerful Mega Gyarados, or OHKO'ing Mother Beast Nihilego like Pikachu did with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. So there lies quite some feats of Pikachu here which Torterra hasn't done anything to show that it'd be able to pull off those.

No it wouldn't,it would only take one hit for it to be KOed,you saw how Pikachu fared against Flint's Infernape,honestly it should have went down in one blow like Infernape did but it had to get back up for plot reasons.
Plot reasons is the most dumbest excuse ever to use to explain something that actually happened in the anime, because it's basically our headcannon and not a fact to call something the anime depicts on-screen as because of plot reasons. Using that logic, no Pokemon can be claimed to be stronger than no one because everythging happens because of plot.

Pikachu still was able tank plenty of powerful hits from Flint's Infernape and hold on for a long amount of time before going down. But suire Flint's Infernape isn't on Cynthia's Garchomp's level; Garchomp still is quite a bit above Infernape.

Flint's Infernape isn't on Garchomp's level so Pikachu isn't doing better than Torterra.Could also use the example involving Trip's Serperior facing Alder's Bouffalant,it only took one hit for it to faint.
The Pikachu who battled Regice, Latios, Alain, Lysandre is definitely not going down in one hit from Garchomp and doing clearly better than Torterra.....though of course Garchomp being immune to Pikachu's Electric attacks would make it tough.

Yeah so what made you think it was a good idea to mention them in the first place?
To show that Pikachu has plenty of feats which are better than Torterra's feats.

You have a better chance at convincing that to someone else than with me.
It's not my problem if you refuse to be convinced though. Pikachu's inconsistency is definitely an issue in the anime without doubt, but has defeated Legendaries, Megas and Ultra Beasts not only once, but multiple times, so you can't brush those feats of as PIS, flukes, hax, etc., for your own convenience. Yeah Pikachu's power fluctuates throughout the series, it goes from defeating a Legendary to losing to a newbie/weak Pokemon every now and then, but honestly that has to happen: because otherwise when Ash goes to a new region, he'd sweep every newbie trainer left and right conveniently with Pikachu, then the anime won't be of any interest to watch if Ash just conveniently swept majority of trainers with Pikachu, so Pikachu has to hit the reset button: as afterall it's Ash's lifelong partner and travels with Ash everywhere in his journey as a Pokemon trainer. Would you have enjoyed the Lake Acucity battle as much if Pikachu battled at Regice level there? Would you have enjoyed the Ash vs Paul rivalry climax battle as much if Pikachu battled at Latios level there, would it have been as intense of a battle it was then?

It's about common sense why Pikachu has to suffer from the inconsistency it does.

I don't watch sun and moon and don't ever plan to.
That's fine, but just because you don't watch SM, it doesn't invalidate Pikachu's feats and the amazing consistency it has displayed in that saga and how strong it has become with some insanely powerful Z-moves. The feats Pikachu has displayed in SM is included in Pikachu's overall body of work, so if you haven't watched the SM saga, you really aren't in a position to make any claims about Pikachu's overall strength, sorry.

You can just watch Pikachu's battles in the SM saga in isolation anyway before making an overall estimate about Pikachu's strength.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
All that you told me is that Haxachu is stronger than Torterra which I don't believe at all.
Well if you really think Torterra is even stronger than 'Haxachu' then I'm gonna say that you really need a reality check:

kPhSIdq.gif