• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul's Epilogue: aka, Getting Away With Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder?!? Paul murdered someone? You sure you're watching the right show?

Anyways I don't think Paul or AJ were abusive, but I highly doubt kids would act like them if pokemon was real. o_O

I will now stop replying to this thread.

LilyTwo

Paul wasn't hated because of his harsher and unorthodox methods.He was hated because he pushed his Pokemon beyond their breaking point,treat them like tools(even though the anime clearly shows them as intelligent),and was a jerk to everyone around him,sans the Pokequivelant of celebrities.Yeah,Infernape was the one who defeated him,but it just doesn't feel enough punishment.A better punishment is a rebellion of every one of his Pokemon against him-except his Electivire,who's as much of a jerk as Paul.

Of course,Tobias would be considered more of an a-hole if he had dimensions(he does not,so hatred to him goes directly to the writers).So,with rivals,we're stuck with a version of Silver that will never see the light,a hyperactive child,some musician and a plot device.I hope they make Trip less of a jerk.Of course,they've got a while for that,seeing as how he's only appeared in like a few eps

That's pretty much the gist of what bugs me about Paul. He never got a satisfying comeuppance and was randomly changed into a nice-ish person for no reason at all.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That's pretty much the gist of what bugs me about Paul. He never got a satisfying comeuppance and was randomly changed into a nice-ish person for no reason at all.

Oh,there was a reason.The same reason Tobias exists:because the plot demands it!

Oh wait,you mean a good and in-universe reason.In that case,complain to the writers

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Jees Chocobo and Lily, you two seem to be the only people here who actually know what you're talking about.

People are seriously expect me to sit here and tell me Paul did not abuse his Pokemon? You call savagely beating Chimchar within inches of it's life, ignoring a professionally trained doctor's orders not to use it, leaving it to be beaten up by it's opponents in mid-fight, and then abandoning it right afterward not abuse?!?

To those that say Paul didn't hit Chimchar, recall the episode where Ash and Dawn had a practice match with Chimchar and Piplup. Chimchar lost, and was miserable about it, then when Ash reached down to pet him, before Ash made contact, he flinched.

Chimchar flinched.

What does that tell you about how Paul treated him?

I just love how the writers hang a blanket over his nastiness with that half-arsed "Every trainer has their own way of battling" crud. Hear that guys? Abandoning, beating and berating living creatures is okay if that's how you choose to raise them!

Simon Alexander

basalit-an
To those that say Paul didn't hit Chimchar, recall the episode where Ash and Dawn had a practice match with Chimchar and Piplup. Chimchar lost, and was miserable about it, then when Ash reached down to pet him, before Ash made contact, he flinched.

Chimchar flinched.

What does that tell you about how Paul treated him?

You don't have to be physically hit to flinch like that. Plus, I don't think Paul would be stupid enough to hit a pokemon, especially one as powerful as Chimchar. Paul did see the power Chimchar can have, especially when brought to the edge. Paul would in no way put his own physical being at risk like that.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
You don't have to be physically hit to flinch like that. Plus, I don't think Paul would be stupid enough to hit a pokemon, especially one as powerful as Chimchar. Paul did see the power Chimchar can have, especially when brought to the edge. Paul would in no way put his own physical being at risk like that.

That's the thing though, Chimchar was afraid of Paul. He was too scared to disobey him.

Even when Chimchar was ordered to attack that one Zangoose, which would hurt Turtwig as well, he tried to say no, but Paul intimidated him into doing it.

Besides, if Chimchar ever did go psycho, all Paul would have to do is recall him. He has no regard for a Pokemon's feelings and forces them into whatever he wants them to do.

avi42

I have a theory about why Paul is such an ******* to his pokemon. He is on a nuzlocke. Think about it. You never see him catch more than one pokemon in an area, and he releases the weak ones. They might have had a battle and lost. Paul's team changes dramatically through the show without specific reason. He is a horrible person to his pokemon because he doesn't want to get attached when they inevitably lose. He saw potential in chimchar, but like many nuzlockers before him, he realized that it can be too hard to take a shitty pokemon and make it great in a nuzlocke.

Status
Not open for further replies.