• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paul's team in future cameos

Status
Not open for further replies.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Paul has been arguably the greatest character in Sinnoh. His and Ash's rivalry was handled perfectly. Its almost inevitable he'll makes future cameos.

Will we see Paul with good old Honchcrow, Torterra, Magmortar and Ursaring? Or are they gone and Paul's new team will continue to appear.

I wish for Paul's old team with Drapion taking place of Weavile.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
What new team? His last appearance is probably the next episode, we'll probably not see even his new team again, and surely not the old team. I doubt he will ever get cameo.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wouldn't count on a Paul cameo anytime soon if at all but if he did probably some random Uber powerhouse like Tyranitar, or Slaking, Some 5th gen fully evolved but again Paul probably won't be seen again. His rivalry was handled so perfectly as you, that it's sure to end and Paul will disappear. We might see him again but like most rival's he won't speak.

True

Bringer of Truth
He's got to return, in my opinion he's Ash's greatest rival. He's ventured through all the previous regions, so why not Isshu? We might also get a new rival similar to him, which I hope not.

I'd like his original team to return with Honchkrow and Weavile replaced with Drapion and Aggron.

Last edited:

ash101

as i'd like him to come back I don't think he will, his story line will come to a end in next weeks episode when Infernape proves its self and beats Electivire, thus making pointless from there on.He'll more then likely end up like most trainers that battle Ash, with a promise that they'll battle again and never be seen again.

dawn hater

Maybe Paul will return in last episode that is DP191 where he will tell Ash what he will be doing next. Maybe we can also get a tag battle in there like Ash and Paul vs Dawn and Brock or any other combination which makes Torterra the winner.

Silver_Seoul

It's unlikely that Paul is returning. He's most likely gonna challenge the Battle Frontier.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
No it isn't...

Paul could very well leave for good after the league finishes, that's what happens to all rivals (at the end of series) with the one exception of Gary.

First off, Ash's only main rival was Gary before Paul. And Gary did get cameos.

Second, its Ash's rival we're talking about. Drew and Harley never appeared because May is not part of the cast anymore. Same with Dawn.

This is Ash's second main rival. If his first one got cameos, Paul's bound to get some. Plus he's popular enough isnt he?

Silver_Seoul

Second, its Ash's rival we're talking about. Drew and Harley never appeared because May is not part of the cast anymore. Same with Dawn.

This is Ash's second main rival. If his first one got cameos, Paul's bound to get some. Plus he's popular enough isnt he?

That's not how it works.

Gary is Ash's childhood friend and the grandson of Professor Oak. He's bound to get more appearances than due. Paul, on the other hand, is just related to Reggie. Last I checked, Reggie wasn't giving the speech at the beginning of my Pokemon game, unlike Professor Oak.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
By generation 6 I expect Paul to be erased from the series permanently. No cameo's, no mention, nothing.

whataffah

No it isn't...

Paul could very well leave for good after the league finishes, that's what happens to all rivals (at the end of series) with the one exception of Gary.

You're talking yourself in the crap right now. It happens to all rivals (I'm talking 'bout Ash's rivals now). That's because almost all of his rivals only appeared in the final league. Tyson, Ritchie, etc. And Ritchie came by some times. There are only three 'longer'-rivals, which are Gary, Paul and Barry.

Gary and Ritchie appeared many times, so why Paul and Barry won't? I'll understand if Barry didn't, cause he promotes D/P. Paul doesn't, and that's why he will appear.

Silver_Seoul

Wow. Some of you are kidding yourselves if you really think Paul is showing up next saga. Maybe a cameo of watching Ash at the League or something, but there's no way Paul is showing up in the flesh. I'd bet my left lung on it.

gliscor&yanmega

Paul has been arguably the greatest character in Sinnoh. His and Ash's rivalry was handled perfectly. Its almost inevitable he'll makes future cameos.

Will we see Paul with good old Honchcrow, Torterra, Magmortar and Ursaring? Or are they gone and Paul's new team will continue to appear.

I wish for Paul's old team with Drapion taking place of Weavile.

We can't be sure if he does make a cameo or not, it's up to the writers. I do hope he does show up again though.

If Paul does show up it doesn't mean he will be having a battle or at less not a full battle of 6 vs 6. If anything we would see Torterra and/or Electivire, those two are the only ones I can see him with if he does show up again.

BlueVapor

Wow, this is rediculous...

Gary is a different case than Paul. Gary's hometown is the same as Ash's, so it's easier for the writers to stick them both there sometimes. Gary is also Oak's grandson, which makes even more sence to keep him. Paul has nothing going for him...

You're talking yourself in the crap right now. It happens to all rivals (I'm talking 'bout Ash's rivals now). That's because almost all of his rivals only appeared in the final league. Tyson, Ritchie, etc. And Ritchie came by some times. There are only three 'longer'-rivals, which are Gary, Paul and Barry.

Gary and Ritchie appeared many times, so why Paul and Barry won't? I'll understand if Barry didn't, cause he promotes D/P. Paul doesn't, and that's why he will appear.

To my knowledge, Ritchie only appeared once after his appearance in the Kanto league, in Johto during the Lugia drama, I think.

Now, give me three good reasons why Paul and/or Barry should stay, other than the obvious "I like them, and I don't want them to be written out of the show."

I swear, some of you guys need a reality check... They're rivals, they're not friends that traveled with Ash throughout a whole region. They don't need to stay, it would be pointless. We're moving into a new series, with (probably) new rivals. Accept it.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Paul will show up somewhere, whether it be a cameo of him watching Ash, or battling Ash, but he'll be there with that new Ground/Dark crocodile thing from BW.

Snorby

Snorby
Well, I think Paul is gonna get AT LEAST 1 cameo at the start of Best Wishes when they introduce the Shinji-like Rival, and Ash thinks: "This guy acts a lot like Paul" but he'll probably get more, being the first big important Ash rival since Gary. I do like the Ash + Paul Vs. Dawn + Brock battle. I think would be Mamoswine, Piplup, Togekiss, Sudowoodo, Croagunk and Happiney Vs. Electivire, Torterra, Ursaring, Pikachu, Infernape, and Torterra!

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
i hope paul doesn't change and stays the way he is who feels the same

Status
Not open for further replies.