• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pay Day

spareux

maldición
If it's never been in the anime then yes probably because it's too violent to show or something.

On a more serious note i'd imagine so as that's how it's described.

Pokemaniacneo

Maybe because it would make getting money for anime characters too easy. XD

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
In my opinion, Meowth ethier pulls it charm off its head and thorws it at it foe or it coughs up coins to fire at its foe.

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
Yeah, I guess...
Pikachu: NOW YOU MUST DIE!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Meowth: Oh yeah!?! *throws coins*
Pikachu: oww.... that kinda hurt... I guess I'll leave.... *leaves rubbing his head*

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
Did anyone notice that Meowth has a Amulet Coin on his head.

Dragonfan

Best. Rank. Ever!
Are you serious that you haven't seen the episode where it was used? Meowth fired shiny balls at the enemy.

Last edited:

Villi

Shimama!
I assumed you hit the opponent so hard, money fell out of their pockets. Then you took it and ran.

BlazeShadow

Pay day pwns. My Persian on PMD uses it.

Meowth! That's right!

Cat Pokemon Trainer
I love Pay Day! :D I was actually wondering the same thing... does Meowth throw actual coins (pokemoney) or does it throw koban coins like the one its head? In the games it shows Meowth throwing koban coins, but then at the end of the battle you pick up Pokemoney! Unless Meowth's koban coins can be used as Pokemoney...

Dragonfan

Best. Rank. Ever!
^Are you talking about anime or the game? If the anime look at my previous post. If the game I say koban coins and the money falls from trainer.

Jorah

What do I put here?
I always thought it kind of...made the coins itself. Otherwise why would Jessie and James go on about how Meowth can't use Pay Day? Because they have no bottle caps to spare?

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
In my request shop, i had to make a pic of a meowth using pay day.
I drawed it so it thwer away the coin on its head.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I love Pay Day! :D I was actually wondering the same thing... does Meowth throw actual coins (pokemoney) or does it throw koban coins like the one its head? In the games it shows Meowth throwing koban coins, but then at the end of the battle you pick up Pokemoney! Unless Meowth's koban coins can be used as Pokemoney...

it may be worth mentioning that in the Japanese versions of the games, the currency is simply yen (except in Colloseum and XD, in which the term "Pokedollar" is used regardless of region, and Mystery Dungeon, which uses "Poke" for currency).

Koban are supposedly an out-of-date type of coin, but considering the fictional world the Pocket Monster franchise takes place in, perhaps it's still in use. Now, what I wonder is whether Nyaasu is actually capable of creating gold koban (gold would seem pretty damn valuable), or perhaps it just forms some small copper (or bronze, something cheap) replicas of the coin on its head.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Two things about Pay Day.

1. In the anime, their was an episode where TR's Meowth was treated like a god in a village. They wanted Meowth to use Pay Day, which he couldn't do. The people thought if Meowth fought, he could use Pay Day. To spare Meowth, Jessie and James threw in coins to make it look like Meowth was using Pay Day.

2. As far as other Pokemon knowing Pay Day. Skitty from Pokemon Box can use it, and it was a TM in Red and Blue.

Last edited: