• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PB88's Battle Frontier Tips and Tricks

What do you think of it?

• Horrible! PB88 Sucks!!!!!1!!!1337!!

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Not great, but it's all right.

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Average, Nothing super special.

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Pretty good. He knows what he's talking about.

Votes: 71 23.6%
  • Awesome! It's really helpful!

Votes: 124 41.2%
  • It's the best guide I've ever read!

Votes: 71 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
For the pike queen for gold, my modest starmie (flawless speed & special attack) OHKO seviper with psychic and almost OHKO steelix with surf. Good thing steelix only did screech. starmie almost OHKO gyarados with thunderbolt only to faint from return. Good thing I had a strong physical sweeper in slaking to finish the job and earn me my 2nd gold symbol in just 2 days.

J

Jirachi385

Powerful_Blaziken88 said:
PB88's Battle Frontier Tips and Tricks
Version 2

Note: if you get the silver symbol, lose and get back up to that spot, the Brain will not appear. However, after you obtain the gold symbol, They will appear in their silver spot with their silver teams, and in their gold spot with their gold team.

That is so wrong!

I don't know for the part of Noland though

When you obtain all the Symbols the Leaders will appear:

Lv 50:Frontier Brains will appear with their Silver Symbol Team.

Open Level:Frontier Brains will appear with their Gold Symbol Team.

That's everything.

Champion Jared 14

Hold on. Are you saying that, if you obtain the gold symbol from every battle facility, the brains can still appear?

J

Jirachi385

Yes!

Champion Jared 14 said:
Hold on. Are you saying that, if you obtain the gold symbol from every battle facility, the brains can still appear?

They will still appear even after you collect all the Siver and Gold Symbols.
------------------------------

That's everything.

tehbesto

iPodelicious
I have a question about Anabel's snorlax for the gold battle. Does it have the Immunity trait? If not, I might bring along my toxi-stalling Umbreon to take care of it quickly...

And just a correction, I think: I thought Dome Ace Tucker's Swampert had Counter AND Mirror Coat? It never, ever used Ice Beam on my Latias, it kept using counter and mirror coat, which allowed me to calm-mind to the max and OHKO it. o_O;

Last edited:

Powerful_Blaziken88

Jirachi385 said:
That is so wrong!

I don't know for the part of Noland though

That's everything.
If you don't know what you're talking about please don't post. I have tested it myself and what I said in the guide is true, believe me.

Btw, if you're just looking for a reason to argue with me because I didn't join your dumb forum, you can screw off right now.

Tehbesto, I can answer your first question. Any pokémon who can have 2 different abilities will have an ability chosen at random. I would not advise you to test your luck, as if it happens to have immunity you're screwed. And Snorlax has Rest so that messes up Toxic stalling anyway. About your second question, Was this for the silver or gold symbol? I'll look into that once I get the gold tactics symbol since I'll be able to refight him way more easily.

Oh and for any dumbasses who wish to try to prove me wrong, here's my proof that the ability is randomly chosen: First time I faced Anabel, when my Blissey used toxic on Alakazam, it didn't poison me back. However, when I rematched her in her silver symbol spot once I got the gold symbol, I got poisoned back when Blissey used Toxic. That's how I know. Genders are also chosen at random I Believe, although I may be wrong since I really don't pay attention to the genders.

EDIT. Off topic but: I really should've made this poll public. 6 people have voted "horrible" but I don't see one post saying "this guide sucks because [insert reason here]". Shows that some people are just jealous and want to drag me down, no?

Last edited:

tehbesto

iPodelicious
Ooh ok, thanks. I'll just bring something like... a Skarmory for Snorlax.

Was this for the silver or gold symbol? I'll look into that once I get the gold tactics symbol since I'll be able to refight him way more easily.
Gold symbol. That was the only time I faced Swampert. I even recorded that battle on my frontier pass, but I overwrote it recently w/ my silver battle against Anabel.

Maybe there are 3 or more different kinds of Swampert and Tucker just randomly uses one of them every time? Fortunately I got the easy one to kill. :eek:

*edit:

Legendary Top Pokémon Breeder: As of yet, I haven't found him (please post his location if you know it). He'll give you certain messages depending on the IVs of your pokémon. Generally, the better sounding the messages are, the higher your pokémon's IVs are. Again, not as helpful if you have the Internet. :D
He's in the building directly above the pokemon center, and in that building he sits on a chair in the southwest side of the room. You should see him immediately upon entering that building.

Last edited:
J

Jirachi385

Oh and for any dumbasses who wish to try to prove me wrong, here's my proof that the ability is randomly chosen: First time I faced Anabel, when my Blissey used toxic on Alakazam, it didn't poison me back. However, when I rematched her in her silver symbol spot once I got the gold symbol, I got poisoned back when Blissey used Toxic. That's how I know. Genders are also chosen at random I Believe, although I may be wrong since I really don't pay attention to the genders.
---------------------------------------

You must have been in the Lv 50 part,that's the only way she could have had Alakazam.

I have used Action Replay to put all my Pokemon Stats at 999 and have defeated all the Frontier Brains,that's how I know.

X

XD002 Icemewtwo

Hi I'm Espeon and here is a letter from Icemetwo: Alright thanks to ur giude i got 3 symbols luck, knowledge and tactics keep up the good work Powerful Blaziken!

Powerful_Blaziken88

Jirachi385 said:
---------------------------------------

You must have been in the Lv 50 part,that's the only way she could have had Alakazam.

I have used Action Replay to put all my Pokemon Stats at 999 and have defeated all the Frontier Brains,that's how I know.
I have never been in the level 50 mode. Just the open level one. And the cheating for 999 stats is probably what messed up your game and made it do that.

Believe me, I've faced her several times at the end of the 5th set of trainers, she has her silver team. And when I got up to the end of the 10th set of trainers she had her gold team. Are you playing a Japanese version? I don't know if it's different on that one but it could be.

And thanks tehbesto. I will edit with that when I get back from dinner, I gotta go eat now lol.

EDIT. Added. I've credited you in the "credits" section.

P.S. The new post editing system is annoying.

Last edited:

pikachu146

PB88,what's a good pokemon for killing Milotic? My metagross gets killed by its surf.What sweeper is good for Lucy's Milotic?

Powerful_Blaziken88

ailunvideogames said:
PB88,what's a good pokemon for killing Milotic? My metagross gets killed by its surf.What sweeper is good for Lucy's Milotic?
Well, a Slaking could probably take it out in one hit.

-If this is Lucy's Milotic you're talking about, you could have a pokémon set up Dragon Dances, Swords Dances, etc against Seviper.
-There's always the option of Blissey or Snorlax
-Or, you could have a special sweeper set up calm minds against it, since they tend to like to use Mirror Coat whenever there's a possible special sweeper in sight. Calm Mind 4-6 times and blow them up.

Hope I helped

Nice guide but you forgot these Pokemon you cant use expect in the battle factory
Articuno;144;
Zapdos;145;
Moltres;146;
Entei;244;
Suicune;245;
Raikou;243;
Regirock;377;
Regice;378;
Registeel;379;

pikachu146

My three pokemon are Blaziken,Metagross and Flygon.I don't have Blissey or Snorlax.Is it a good idea to give my Metagross swagger and psych up?Or should I raise something else?

Ridley-X4

UN-LTD AWESOME WORKS
I need a bit of help, Powerful_Blaziken88. I was so close to beating Anabel, and I lost. Here's my team.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Shadow Ball
Meteor Mash
EQ
Explosion

Latios @ Soul Dew
CM
Tbolt
Dragon Claw
Recover

Wobbuffet @ Iapapa Berry
Counter
Encore
Mirror Coat
Destiny Bond

So, don't change the team, I just need a STRATEGY for using these Pokemon against Anabel.

Powerful_Blaziken88

Ridley-X4 said:
I need a bit of help, Powerful_Blaziken88. I was so close to beating Anabel, and I lost. Here's my team.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Shadow Ball
Meteor Mash
EQ
Explosion

Latios @ Soul Dew
CM
Tbolt
Dragon Claw
Recover

Wobbuffet @ Iapapa Berry
Counter
Encore
Mirror Coat
Destiny Bond

So, don't change the team, I just need a STRATEGY for using these Pokemon against Anabel.
First off, Soul Dew doesn't have effect in the Frontier. Might as well replace it with something that will help you. I have salac berry on mine. Also, get Metagross a Choice Band instead of Leftovers, so you can give the lefties to Wobbuffet.

As for beating her, leading with Wobbuffet might help. First turn, use Encore. If alakazam used Disable, switch to latios and calm mind until Disable hits it. if it attacked, mirror coat it (although if it used Thunder/Fire Punch you could again switch to Latios and set up CMs). Then just take it from there. Metagross's explosion should handle Snorlax no problem, especially if you take my advice and give it choice band.

EDIT: BTW, Dark Venusaur, believe it or not, all 9 of those pokémon can be used in any facility of the Frontier. I do it all the time.

Last edited:
D

Dragnitar

Dark Venusaur said:
Nice guide but you forgot these Pokemon you cant use expect in the battle factory
Articuno;144;
Zapdos;145;
Moltres;146;
Entei;244;
Suicune;245;
Raikou;243;
Regirock;377;
Regice;378;
Registeel;379;
Yes you can use these pokemon in the Frontier!

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Here's a summary of my first trip back to battle pyramid after getting the gold symbol where fighting pokemon existed in round 11:

party included:

gardevoir, holding scope lens
gengar, holding focus band
slaking, holding choice band

Pokemon encountered:

poliwrath
breloom
hariyama
hitmonlee
hitmonchan
medicham
heracross
machamp (2 encountered were L51)

trainer pokemon encountered:

jolteon: thunderwave
walrein: protect, hail
forretress: spikes, double edge
breloom (OHKO by slaking's aerial ace)
starmie (OHKO by slaking's shadow ball)
feraligatr (OHKO by slaking's return)
electrode (OHKO by slaking's earthquake)
hariyama: fake out, rock slide
delcatty (OHKO by slaking's return)
salamence: dragon dance, earthquake, double-edge, rock slide?

the last battle with salamence was a very close call as I had to use max revive on slaking and was able to survive salamence's double-edge which went on to faint itself, consider myself very lucky as 10 steps later I was able to exit to the top.

Here the predictions for round 12:

... ... ... ... ... ...
Aah!

RAIN DANCE... SUNNY DAY...
SANDSTORM... HAIL...

I see POKéMON that become stronger
with the weather...

...And, I see your POKéMON confounded
by different types of moves...

Whether you believe my fortunes
or not, the choice is yours...

The future can be changed anytime...
I wish you safe passage...

Last edited:

Guy

I don't know!
Nice guide. Except, the Heracross on Gretas silver team is holding a Salac Berry, not a Chesto Berry. Oh and BTW, here is another strategy for Pike Queen Lucy's silver team:
Ditto. Yep. Ditto. I used this strategy myself and that's why i won. Use one Pokemon holding a Persim Berry to beat Seviper, have another Pokemon (or the same one), weaken Milotic to around 1/2 health, switch to Ditto. Transform into Milotic, Mirror Coat its next attack and you'll beat it. Then use Surf to beat Shuckle (OHKO).
^Feel free to add it to your guide^
Oh, and you might want to put how much BP for each place. If you do, here is the beginning:
Battle Tower: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?/15?(if Anabel is beaten), 6?, 7?, ...?
Battle Dome: 1, 1, 2, (?)
Battle Factory: 3, 3, 4/14(if Noland is beaten), 5, (?)
Battle Factory Double: 4, 5, (?)
Battle Tower Multi: 3, 4, 5, 6?, 7?, ...?
Battle Palace: 4, 4, (?)
Battle Pyramid: 5, 5, 6/16(if Brandon is beaten), 7?
Battle Pike: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, (?)
Battle Arena: 1, 1, 1, (?)

Last edited:

Powerful_Blaziken88

Guy said:
Nice guide. Except, the Heracross on Gretas silver team is holding a Salac Berry, not a Chesto Berry. Oh and BTW, here is another strategy for Pike Queen Lucy's silver team:
Ditto. Yep. Ditto. I used this strategy myself and that's why i won. Use one Pokemon holding a Persim Berry to beat Seviper, have another Pokemon (or the same one), weaken Milotic to around 1/2 health, switch to Ditto. Transform into Milotic, Mirror Coat its next attack and you'll beat it. Then use Surf to beat Shuckle (OHKO).
^Feel free to add it to your guide^
Oh, and you might want to put how much BP for each place. If you do, here is the beginning:
Battle Tower: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?/15?(if Anabel is beaten), 6?, 7?, ...?
Battle Dome: 1, 1, 2, (?)
Battle Factory: 3, 3, 4/14(if Noland is beaten), 5, (?)
Battle Factory Double: 4, 5, (?)
Battle Tower Multi: 3, 4, 5, 6?, 7?, ...?
Battle Palace: 4, 4, (?)
Battle Pyramid: 5, 5, 6/16(if Brandon is beaten), 7?
Battle Pike: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, (?)
Battle Arena: 1, 1, 1, (?)
Omg how did I miss that during my proofreading? Fixed.

And maybe if I get a couple more submissions or ideas, I'll make an update. When I do, I'll consider putting your strategy in there since it does look like it might work. The only flaw to this is if she sends out Shuckle before Milotic. This can easily be fixed by using a pokémon like Salamence to beat Seviper. She'll most likely bring out Milotic, since it has Ice Beam. Although, if Salamence gets Swaggered and recovers the confusion it could probably sweep down Lucy's whole team anyway.

As for your last suggestion, I'll think about that one also. I think each one follows a certain pattern. For example, the Battle Factory single battle mode starts off at 3, and after every 2 rounds increases by 1. So it'd go 3, 3, 4 (14 if you face Noland here, which you will unless you have the silver symbol without the gold one), 4, 5, 5 (15 if you face Noland here, which you always will), 6, 6, 7 (17 since you'll be facing Noland here [he challenges you every 3 rounds once you have the gold symbol])...
I think, at least. Haven't gotten that far in the Battle Factory before though...

P.S. In case anyone was wondering, I'm subscribed to this, so as long as I'm home when someone replies, I can get to it pretty darn fast. So if I'm ever offline, and someone replies to this, unless it's during the week, chances are I'll come online fairly soon after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.