• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PB88's Battle Frontier Tips and Tricks

What do you think of it?

• Horrible! PB88 Sucks!!!!!1!!!1337!!

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Not great, but it's all right.

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Average, Nothing super special.

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Pretty good. He knows what he's talking about.

Votes: 71 23.6%
  • Awesome! It's really helpful!

Votes: 124 41.2%
  • It's the best guide I've ever read!

Votes: 71 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Pike Queen Lucy, I happen to have a solution.

Metagross: I used Psychic on Seviper and got a KO.

Swampert: Backup for Shuckle, if you need it.

Shedinja: This is what you use to take out Milotic.

-Shadow Ball
-Swords Dance
-Confuse Ray

With these three moves, Milotic's destruction is assured. Simply Swords Dance 2 or 3 times after Confuse Raying Milotic, then use Shadow Ball for a victory. Not sure about the victory in one hit 'cuz Shedinja was at Lv. 38. Shedinja can't be hurt by Milotic, and Mirror Coat is useless, so you only have to worry about Recover, which should be able to be disrupted by Confuse Ray.

As for KOing Shuckle, I'd suggest still using Shedinja. You wanna hear a funny story? I attached a Pecha Berry onto Shedinja for no particular reason, and when Shuckle enToxicated Shedinja, it healed itself. I still stuck to Shadow Balling and got it down in a few turns. Like I stated before, Swampert and his Surf are there if you need him.

Guy

I don't know!
Sorry if this doesn't help, but here is a strategy for Greta.
For Heracross, any fast Pokemon with a Flying attack and Swords Dance will do. Just don't make it be a Flying Pokemon because of Rock Tomb, as weak as it may be. Heracross can actually take a Flying attack (OMG), so Power up with Swords Dance. For this i'll use my Scizor with Wing attack (if i can darn make it to her again :mad:). For Umbreon, any CBer (preferably fighting type) will do it. Try Blaziken. Or a good Bug type (Scizor again) if it happens to have any decent Bug type attacks (Silver Wind). Mine doesn't. And also equip a Persim Berry for Confuse Ray. Shedinja will get beaten by practically all of the time an attack that you have, but no switching might be a problem. Hope i helped.

EDIT: Oh, and have the mbreon CBer fast. And if you're wondering how you can switch during this, you can just let her beat the Pokemon out, or have that one help before the other one moves in.

ANOTHER EDIT: Oh, and i have a question. is Return/Frustrations power always 102 in the frontier?

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Two more symbole by the way! Yay! Scizor easily took down all of Greta's Pokemon, and after a few tries (d*mn that Focus Band), i beat Tucker too. Again, easily. Now the toughest 2 to go... gulp...

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Guy said:
^???:confused:^OK. I didn't understand wtf u said
Anyway...
Maybe PB88 could add a Pyramid Guide, because of all of Expert Evan's notes. BTW, i think it's strange that Nintendo programmed the Pyramid that far. Might be the last one though i expect.

OK.....I mean that Bird Pokemon like Pigeot would be good aginest Brian's Pokemon Because All of his Pokemon Know EarthQuake and Earthquake can't hit Flying types.

.::Escalator::.

"GO TEAM BOOBIES!"
Dark Starter said:
Well maybe if one of your pokemon can use Thief and have it hold nothing.

Sorry, but that didnt help. AT ALL.

I already know the requirement's for a pokemon to successfully steal an item. I need to now if you can steal items from the frontier.

Guy

I don't know!
no. you can't. unless you use a cheating device.

Powerful_Blaziken88

Dark Starter said:
I haven't done this yet but for your 1st time fighting the Battle Pyramid Brain try using the 3 lengendary birds.I fought with him and saw one of his best attacks is Earthquake.
Note: I'm just recommending these pokemon you should use any Flying Pokemon with high stats.
But they also have other moves, a few of which (ancientpower and ice beam to name a couple) are super effective against flying types.

Alfonc

D/P is almost here!!
Powerful Blaziken 88,what was the team that helped you in the Battle Tower and with Anabel's Gold Symbol Team?
My winning Streak in the Battle Tower now is 45,I lost to a stupid Scizor,I should have brought my Charizard.
But I just need a good team to win in the Battle Tower,like yours Powerful Blaziken 88.

Expert Evan,what was the team that helped you in the Battle Pyramid and with Pyramid King Brandon's Gold Symbol Team?
I was in the fourth round in the Battle Pyramid and lost to a Cool Trainer with a Double Kicking Rapidash.

Please,I really need help guys!

Guy

I don't know!
One of them for Anabels gold team was Trapinch.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Shiny Mewtwo said:
Powerful Blaziken 88,what was the team that helped you in the Battle Tower and with Anabel's Gold Symbol Team?
My winning Streak in the Battle Tower now is 45,I lost to a stupid Scizor,I should have brought my Charizard.
But I just need a good team to win in the Battle Tower,like yours Powerful Blaziken 88.

Expert Evan,what was the team that helped you in the Battle Pyramid and with Pyramid King Brandon's Gold Symbol Team?
I was in the fourth round in the Battle Pyramid and lost to a Cool Trainer with a Double Kicking Rapidash.

The following team that helped me win my first gold ever for the Battle Pyramid were ;289; with choice band, ;376; with focus band & ;350; with scope lens. What helped me most was I was able to conserve on my items and use the right pokemon for each round as follows:

Round 1: paralysis: ;373; ;094; ;264;
Round 2: poison: ;373; ;094; ;264;
Round 3: burn: ;229; ;121; ;373;
Round 4: pressure: ;229; ;121; ;376;
Round 5: levitate: ;229; ;121; ;376;
Round 6: trappers: ;229; ;131; ;289;
Round 7: ice: ;229; ;131; ;289;
Round 8: explosion: ;229; ;055; ;289;
Round 9: psychic: ;229; ;289; ;376;
Round 10: rock: ;289; ;376; ;350;

as a bonus:

Round 11: fighting: ;289; ;094; ;282;
Round 12: weather: ;289; ;376; ;282;

Intended team for:
Round 13: bug: ;229; ;289; ;376;

Powerful_Blaziken88

Shiny Mewtwo said:

Ok, the team I used was:

Flygon @ Choice Band, adamant nature, EVs 252 Att/252 Spd/6 HP
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Double-Edge
Rock Slide

Blissey @ Leftovers, bold nature, EVs 252 HP/232 Def/26 SpDef
Toxic
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Counter

Blaziken @ salac berry, lonely nature, EVs 252 Att/252 Spd/6 SpAtk
Endure
Reversal
Rock Slide

Ok, here's how the battle went, I think. First up was her Raikou, which can't attack with anything but electric moves. My Flygon was up first, and fainted it with a single Earthquake. Next came Latios. I switched to my Blissey, and with a combination of toxic, softboiled and seismic toss, outstalled Latios until it fainted. Lastly was the deadly Snorlax. I switched to my Blaziken while it used Curse, I used Endure to endure its return, and reversaled it for the KO, earning me the symbol!

So there, that's how I beat her.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Of the pokemon I used above, they were as follows:

Houndoom, modest, flash fire, holding scope lens
- flamethrower
- crunch
- protect
- roar
Houndoom was made for the adventure as it took care of all the annoying psychic & steel types.

slaking, adamant, holding choice band
- return
- earthquake
- shadow ball
- aerial ace / focus punch
slaking can OHKO almost anything in its way. aerial ace has maximum 32 PP for those bug, grass & fighting types weak to it. focus punch version rarely worked but in case was facing a trainer's blissey or umbreon.

lapras, modest, water absorb, holding scope lens
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- psychic
excellent switchin-in when houndoom starts as it's a sponge on those attempting to do surf, then thunderbolts them pesky water types back.

metagross, adamant, holding focus band
- meteor mash
- earthquake
- rock slide
- shadow ball / explosion
used the explosion version against the gold leader but fainted before it got to blow up, other times used the shadow ball version.

milotic, bold, holding scope lens
- surf
- ice beam
- hypnosis
- recover

Last edited:

Alfonc

D/P is almost here!!
Thank you Powerful Blaziken 88 and Expert Evan!!

I am going to catch and EV Train all the Pokemon you mentioned with the right natures!

Also,Powerful Blaziken 88,what would be a good team for the Battle Pike?
I can't even reach Gold Symbol Pike Queen Lucy,my current winning Streak there is 70 rooms.

Powerful_Blaziken88

Shiny Mewtwo said:
Thank you Powerful Blaziken 88 and Expert Evan!!

I am going to catch and EV Train all the Pokemon you mentioned with the right natures!

Also,Powerful Blaziken 88,what would be a good team for the Battle Pike?
I can't even reach Gold Symbol Pike Queen Lucy,my current winning Streak there is 70 rooms.
Me getting to Lucy for the gold symbol was completely luck, but IIRC the team I used was:

Flygon (see Battle Tower post)
Blissey (See Battle Power post)
Alakazam @ Lum Berry, modest, EVs 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/6 HP
Psychic
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch

When I reached Lucy, only 2 of my pokémon were healed, Flygon and Blissey, and Alakazam remained fainted. Flygon was up first, and made short work of Seviper with EQ. Next is Gyarados. Obviously, because of Choice Band, I switched to the only other thing I had, Blissey, while Gyara Dragon Danced. Gyara used return, getting a critical hit and nearly knocking me out, but I was ready with a counter, and fainted it. Steelix fainted Blissey before it could do anything, so I called upon Flygon, Flygon used EQ, Steelix used something (I forget what) but it didn't faint me, and one more earthquake finished it.

Alfonc

D/P is almost here!!
Powerful Blaziken 88,I have a question.

Should I get a Feebas with Hypnosis?

I am just asking you this because I am going to use a Milotic for the Battle Pyramid in the 10th Round.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Shiny Mewtwo said:
Powerful Blaziken 88,I have a question.

Should I get a Feebas with Hypnosis?

I am just asking you this because I am going to use a Milotic for the Battle Pyramid in the 10th Round.
Feebas with hypnosis is really optional but recommended if you want your pokemon some time to recover HP. In the battle for gold with moltres, I recommend to surf it down as moltres will make the first move and do safeguard & fire blast, etc... Good thing my moltres was able to have the sp.def to survive a few fire blasts before taking moltres down with surf.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
I am having alot and i mean ALOT!! of trouble in the Battle Palace!!
the team I use is in my sig (and always will be). I know the whole place has to do with nature so I'll write them here:
Blaziken:Timid with leftovers
Umbreon:Hasty with focus band
Espeon:Hardy with Quickclaw
(I'm soon going to add Jolteon with leftovers)

My Blaziken and I are in Sync so when I think Overheat it does Overheat Etc. so no problems so far. But when he faints thats when I have the Problem. My Espeon is good with speed but has low defense so it goes down quick, my Umbreon loves to use Confuse Ray for some reason and it almost never uses Bite or Faint Attack.And when I Fight its Brain...DAM Espeon gets poisoned by Crobat and gets OKed quicikly. Blaziken doesn't even have a shot and if by some Maricle that Umbreon OKs Crobat it gets OKed by Slaking or Lapres. I'm trying to get Jolteon to Lv.100 so it can OK Crobat in no time at all this is Jolteon's attacks and I'm not sure what nature is:
Thunderbolt,Double Kick,Thunder,Bite.
I think that it is the Key to my problem but I'm not sure but even if it is It's only at Lv.68 and I'm going crazy trying to Figure out this problem. Can you help me PB88?

Status
Not open for further replies.