• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PB88's Battle Frontier Tips and Tricks

What do you think of it?

• Horrible! PB88 Sucks!!!!!1!!!1337!!

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Not great, but it's all right.

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Average, Nothing super special.

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Pretty good. He knows what he's talking about.

Votes: 71 23.6%
  • Awesome! It's really helpful!

Votes: 124 41.2%
  • It's the best guide I've ever read!

Votes: 71 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerful_Blaziken88

Lord wackruntlje said:
Does anyone what ability Anabel's Snorlax have?
Frontier pokémons' abilities are randomly selected upon entering the battle, so it might have one ability one time and the other another time.

Dark Starter, That team looks ok, but you may want to replace Blaziken. I mean, use him for the first 2 rounds, but don't use him for the Spenser round. All 3 pokémon can beat it (Crobat's a flying type and is faster, Slaking is faster with macho powers, and Lapras is a water type [Although it doesn't have surf, so Blaziken might be able to beat that one])) and its nature hinders Sky Uppercut and Earthquake. I think an adamant Metagross with Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Shadow Ball/Rock Slide/Explosion, Agility will help you here.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Powerful_Blaziken88 said:
Frontier pokémons' abilities are randomly selected upon entering the battle, so it might have one ability one time and the other another time.

Dark Starter, That team looks ok, but you may want to replace Blaziken. I mean, use him for the first 2 rounds, but don't use him for the Spenser round. All 3 pokémon can beat it (Crobat's a flying type and is faster, Slaking is faster with macho powers, and Lapras is a water type [Although it doesn't have surf, so Blaziken might be able to beat that one])) and its nature hinders Sky Uppercut and Earthquake. I think an adamant Metagross with Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Shadow Ball/Rock Slide/Explosion, Agility will help you here.
That's why I asked what move I should Replace with Confuse Ray (and maybe moonlight)Like I said before I came down to these moves:psychic,Subitute,dig,shadow ball or mimic.
I know Blaziken can't beat Slaking and Crobat but Again like I said before Blaziken and I are in Sync.(and I agree that is werid)So If I think Sky Upper Cut It usaully does SkyUpper Cut.Jolteon is my fastest pokemon even though right now it is only on Lv.68.It will be easy for Jolteon to take down Crobat and Lapras(Possibly even Slaking).Dig might help me against Slaking do to its ability. My only real problem is Crobat because with his Toxic/Fly Combo because it KOs the Pokemon that can beat him.

Alfonc

D/P is almost here!!
The Trappers Round in Battle Pyramid...very,very,LAME!!!

have to tell you something Expert Evan,the Trappers Round in the Battle Pyramid is incredibly LAME!!!

The Wild Pokemon I faced were:

Trapinch
Wynaut
Wobuffet
Digglet(only encountered 2 of them)
Dugtrio(it knew Protect,but crushed them with Houndoom's Flamethrower!)

I always Roared away Wynaut and Wobuffet with Houndoom!
Houndoom Flamethrowed Trapinch and Dugtrio many times!

These were the Trainers Pokemon that I battled:
Miltank(a Focus Puncher that was crushed by Houndoom's Crunch!)

Misdrevous(a poor Ghost Pokemon that got beat up by Houndoom's Crunch!)

Breloom(A Focus Puncher that instantly fainted from Houndoom's Flamethrower!)

Slowbro(Lapras helped here as Slowbro first used Surf and Lapras negated it with water Absorb,defeated with 2 Thunderbolt's!)

Slowking(I was like,WTF!,first Slowbro and now Slowking?,anyway,I did the same as I did with Slowbro,but used Houndoom as bait for Slowking so Lapras could recover HP)

My team was:
Houndoom(was always first)
Flamethrower(max PP)
Crunch(max PP)
Protect
Roar

Lapras(was second)
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Psychic

Slaking(this powerful,gigantic Pokemon did nothing!,Houndoom and Lapras were the only ones that battled through the Pyramid!)
Return(max Friendship)
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace

Items I encountered:
Ether:I got so many of these in this Round.
Leppa Berry: only got 2 of them
Choice Band:Finally,the right item for Slaking!
Hyper Potion: only got 2 of them in floor 7(so dissapointing)

Now i'm going for the Ice Round!

Was the Trappers Round easy for you Expert Evan?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Congrats on quite a successful round Shiny Mewtwo as it definitely helps to have the right pokemon in the party and now that slaking has the choice band it'll become unstoppable especially in the 9th & 10th rounds. I learned the hard way about the need for houndoom & lapras in the trapper round as in the past one of my pokemon would always faint versus a wobuffet and a trainer with a water pokemon like starmie or vaporeon would always stop my streak somehow. Ice round will use a similar strategy as while most will succumb to houndoom, there are also water types that'll be great bait for lapras once again.

Alfonc

D/P is almost here!!
Expert Evan said:
Congrats on quite a successful round Shiny Mewtwo as it definitely helps to have the right pokemon in the party and now that slaking has the choice band it'll become unstoppable especially in the 9th & 10th rounds. I learned the hard way about the need for houndoom & lapras in the trapper round as in the past one of my pokemon would always faint versus a wobuffet and a trainer with a water pokemon like starmie or vaporeon would always stop my streak somehow. Ice round will use a similar strategy as while most will succumb to houndoom, there are also water types that'll be great bait for lapras once again.
]
I just finished the Ice Round on the Battle Pyramid,this Round was very challenging,some Walrein's knew Body Slam and would paralyze Lapras,I was lucky that when I faced Pokemon Ranger Dorine in floor 7th that Houndoom used Protect when it was about to use Hyper Beam.
Slaking defeated Dragonite with 2 Return's.

I hated Wild Lapras's,my Lapras needed to use 2 Thunderbolt's to defeat it.

I didn't hate Cloyster though since it normally used Surf and Lapras would recover HP.

Now I need to train Golduck,as Explosion Round has Pokemon that know Explosion.

In floor 7th,I got really annoyed because I couldn't find the Warp hole,I went into the middle section and there it was!

I got 8 Battle Points!

Was this round easy for you Expert Evan?
For me,it wasn't!

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Congrats on yet another successful round there Shiny Mewtwo. In my recollections, I often let lapras stay paralyzed so it would not get frozen, hypnotized, nor burnt nor toxicated. It really does not get much easier from this point forward as the trainers can be so incredibly hard. I often tried my best to avoid the trainers as much as possible.

Powerful_Blaziken88

Expert Evan said:
In my recollections, I often let lapras stay paralyzed so it would not get frozen, hypnotized,
nor burnt nor toxicated.
Uh, Lapras can't be frozen, it's an ice type...
Shiny Mewtwo, I also recommend bringing a ghost type in case Golduck faints, as Golduck isn't the best pokémon in the world. I recommend Gengar or Dusclops.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Powerful_Blaziken88 said:
Uh, Lapras can't be frozen, it's an ice type...
Shiny Mewtwo, I also recommend bringing a ghost type in case Golduck faints, as Golduck isn't the best pokémon in the world. I recommend Gengar or Dusclops.
gengar is an excellent substitute for golduck as normal explosion cannot affect it plus its resistance to ground, normal, fighting and toxic moves too. golduck is still recommended for its defenses and as a type difference to houndoom.

Powerful_Blaziken88

I know Golduck is still recommended, I was just saying since Golduck faints. Golduck isn't anything above average, that's why it has risk of fainting here and there.

C

charizard461

i want to know how do i get the fronteir brai in the battle dome.i've been champion 6 times already but my strak is only 1 is that what i need to get to him 5 streaks.and do i have to do the each of them in an order

Powerful_Blaziken88

charizard461 said:
i want to know how do i get the fronteir brai in the battle dome.i've been champion 6 times already but my strak is only 1 is that what i need to get to him 5 streaks.and do i have to do the each of them in an order
You have to beat it 5 times in a row. Meaning if you lose, you have to start at 1 again. When you do face him he'll be the last opponent in the 5th consecutive tournament. And he doesn't appear in the double battle mode, if that's what you're doing wrong. And no you don't have to do the facilities in a certain order.

C

charizard461

but if i switch pokemon from in between each turnament will i have to start at 1.

Powerful_Blaziken88

charizard461 said:
but if i switch pokemon from in between each turnament will i have to start at 1.
No. The only things that will make you have to start at one again are losing and turning the game off during a challenge when you didn't click "rest" but that counts as losing anyway. Or of course switching from Lv.50 to open level mode or vice versa. But when you go back to the mode you were playing your streak will still be there.

.::Escalator::.

"GO TEAM BOOBIES!"
If anyone cares:

Tucker Battle:
DOME ACE TUCKER sent out SALAMENCE!
Go, Swimmy! (Swampert)
Foe SALAMENCE used AERIAL ACE! (about 1/3 damge)
Swimmy used ICE BEAM!
Foe SALAMENCE fainted!
DOME ACE TUCKER sent out CHARIZARD!
Foe CHARIZARD used EARTHQUAKE! (About 3/4 damage)
Swimmy used SURF! (98% Damage)
Foe CHARIZARD use OVERHEAT!
It's not very effective....
Swimmy fainted!
Go, Grace! (Gardevoir)
Foe CHARIZARD used EARTHQUAKE! (a bit less than 1/2)
Grace used THUNDERBOLT!
Foe CHARIZARD fainted!

Lucy
PIKE QUEEN LUCY would like to battle!
PIKE QUEEN LUCY sent out SEVIPER!
Go, Grace!
Grace used PSYCHIC!
Foe SEVIPER fainted!
PIKE QUEEN LUCY sent out SHUCKLE!
Okay, Grace, Come back!
Go, Metabreak!
Foe SHUCKLE used TOXIC!
It doesnt afffect Metabreak...
Metabreak used METEOR MASH! (About 3/4 damage)
*From this point capitals will be avoided*
Foe shuckle used rest!
Foe shuckle went to sleep!
*Chesto activates*
Metabreak used Meteor Mash!
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
Foe shuckle fainted!
Pike Queen Lucy sent out Milotic!
Foe Milotic used Surf! (cant remember damage)
Metabreak used Earthquake! (Cant remember)
Foe Milotic used Surf!
Metabreak used EarthQuake!
Foe Milotic used Surf!
Metabreak fainted!
Go, Swimmy!
Swimmy used Earthquake!
Milotic fainted!

Brandon:
Pyramid King Brandon would like to battle!
Pyramid King Brandon sent out Regirock!
Go, Swimmy!
Swimmy used Surf! (a bit more than 3/4)
Foe Regirock used Earthquake! (about 1/2 damage)
Swimmy used Surf!
Regirock Fainted!
Pyramid King Brandon sent out Registeel!
Swimmy used Earthquake! (like 7/8 Damage)
Foe Registeel used Iron Defense!
*Lefties*
Swimmy used Surf! (like 1/16 damage)
Registeel used Iron defense!
Swimmy hid Underwater!
*Cant remember Registeel's last move*

And from there Registeel died, Swimmy fainted from Regice's IB, And Metagross OHKOed Regice w/MM

Powerful_Blaziken88

chosen_one386, I highly recommend posting that team in RMT to be rated. Really, it isn't that good. You have duplicate moves of the same type on most of those. Lastly make sure they're all the same level so none of them have level disadvantages.

C

charizard461

the last time i played i got up to the tuorny where tuckers in it but i lost the first round angainst some guys rapidash took at my metagroos and then i beat it with blaziken then i forgot the pokemon he sent out next but it took out my blaziken and i was ****** off.

Volteon

Back I guess??
I didn´t knew that this thread existed! I opened one thread with some help too, but it died, I´ll put the link here, but please don´t post there it´s just for visit.
I read the 1st page, but something wrong there if you go for the mind reader girl is better than look in the main site, the site is completely uncomplete the "+"s and "-" confuse most people, I found something that really helps and I put it there in the thread, I PMed serebii for he put in the site, but no answer... so what could I do? post it here! I´ll go fing the link and you can use it and put in the 1st page, but please give me the credit.
I´m not very good in lists, if you´re please edit it.

I saw just now that you posted there so you might know what thread I´m talking about.
here is the link.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=78341

Last edited:

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
I have just aced the battle frontier! alit is a pain in the butt to get all gold symbols, my slaking and swampert were my best two and swampert never fainted once.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Volteon said:
I saw just now that you posted there so you might know what thread I´m talking about.
here is the link.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=78341
That source included very helpful information regarding battle palace as I was able to earn gold with a naive starmie that knew surf, ice beam, thunderbolt & recover, a naughty metagross that knew double team, meteor mash, earthquake & shadow ball along with my bold blissey that knew toxic, seismic toss, aromatherapy & softboiled. It took my blissey's seismic toss against suicune to earn me the gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.