• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PBR: A result of hurriedness or complacency?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
"Blind devotion"? Really though...

Alright, the term "Blind devotion" may have been a bit harsh. But I was referring to the fact you started your post with "Did you even read what BCVM22 wrote?

You can choose not to compare the home console games if you wish. I do so because there is one key thing the same about every one of them. Each home console game enhances the battles by letting you see them in 3D. The games all have different add-ons and gameplay modes, but they all let you take the handheld game and use the Pokemon on the widescreen. If you don't think that's enough to warrant comparison, you don't have to do it. But if you're going to treat PBR as a completely separate entity, you can't stand by your following points as well. One or the other.

So rendering pokemon in 3d and having connectivity is enough to make games comparable? Oh wait, better compare the games to Ranch!

And why is it I can not stand by the points of separating PBR from Stadium and the Orre games? The only thing they share in common are connectivity and battles.

Again, PBR more closely resembles the Battle Frontier then Stadium and the Orre games.

There's a whole thread discussing the fairness of Stargazer Colosseum. Also, you can't bring Wi-Fi into the same conversation as the CPU.

You misunderstood me. I stated that PBR's Wi-Fi is good enough that you don't even need to bother playing the CPU, unlike Stadium and the Orre games where that's all you can do.

Enough with the imperative sentences already. I will do what I please. There are no Mini-games in Colosseum. Unless you mean the Battle CD's. And if you're referring to Stadium, the friends I play with don't even play the minigames. So yes, I "asked some people".

Huh, well I asked some people and looked around Youtube comments. I majorly found people who enjoyed the mini-games more then the CPU battles. And yeah, I wrote Colosseum instead of Stadium.... (Goes to fix)

Comments in bold.

EDIT: Holy hand grenades Batman! BCVM22 got banned?

Methinks Jolteon77 and Ajiryn on the Other Pokemon games board are laughing right now.

Last edited:

BadIntent

MSankey
Ranch is not a 3D battling game. So... no.

I'm saying if you want to compare the games because of their similarities, then you can compare them them. But if you want to treat PBR as a completely different entity than the other games, then you can't rightly scrutinize the differences between it and Stadium/Colo/XD. You can't compare the CPU, use of Wi-Fi, character customization, or battle facilities to what is present in the older games. If you're treating them as completely unrelated games, that is.

With that said, you wouldn't have much to base PBR on except for itself, as it would be considered the first Pokemon game in that series.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Ranch is not a 3D battling game. So... no.

You stated that PBR, Stadium, and the Orre games are similar because they have 3D pokemon and can connect to the core games. So does Ranch.

I'm saying if you want to compare the games because of their similarities, then you can compare them them. But if you want to treat PBR as a completely different entity than the other games, then you can't rightly scrutinize the differences between it and Stadium/Colo/XD. You can't compare the CPU, use of Wi-Fi, character customization, or battle facilities to what is present in the older games. If you're treating them as completely unrelated games, that is.

With that said, you wouldn't have much to base PBR on except for itself, as it would be considered the first Pokemon game in that series.

To be exact, PBR is a "revolution" in the console Pokemon games. So while it may have some similar traits to past games (though really, it's a pokemon battling game. In that matter it resembles just about every pokemon game), it's different enough to warrant a separation, like how Pokemon Stadium is kept separate from Colosseum despite the same basic gameplay.

BadIntent

MSankey
Well that's that then. However since you're treating them as completely separate, nothing you contribute to this topic can really relate to my original post. That's considering that the majority of my points in the OP were comparisons between Stadium 1/2 and PBR.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Well that's that then. However since you're treating them as completely separate, nothing you contribute to this topic can really relate to my original post. That's considering that the majority of my points in the OP were comparisons between Stadium 1/2 and PBR.

May I note that this entire chain started when you responded to my original post?

BadIntent

MSankey
Indeed. Which is why we must stop, as this is going nowhere fast. I'm trying to build discussion on why PBR is what it is in comparison to the other 3D titles. And this... isn't that.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
yeah i geuss it is a bit rushed, and soo not worth what it sells for, but then again i got mine for free ^.-

Nobody's Nerd

Electric Engine
One of the things I can't stand about PBR that got butchered in comparison to the Stadiums was the concept of Battle Passes, and the fact that if you don't have DPPt, you have hardly any options as to your team. I would have liked to see a "rental Pokemon" system like the Stadiums, which, while admittedly confining Pokemon to certain movesets, would have allowed you to pick any Pokemon. On top of that, the Battle Passes made Free Battles all the more tedious because to use Pokemon not already on a Pass, you have to go into that mode and bulid a Pass, which takes longer than it should, especially if you want to change up your team between battles.

Otherwise, there really isn't much else I was looking for; I was expecting PBR to be fairly close to what it is, though overall it does feel a bit rushed, especially when it comes to the Pokemon models.

Luckily, I got it for half-price on Amazon. ^_^

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
And as far as the central gameplay - the battling, of course - how were the Pokémon Stadiums any less dependent upon a nice, full Game Boy cartridge?
I never said that the Stadium games were any less dependant with a Pokemon game pak. I am merely saying that Pokemon Battle Revolution was shallow without DPPt. I guess you can also say that Pokemon Stadium (2) was shallow without the Gameboy games.

CAH

Calm And Hyper
Wrong. Pokemon XD did have it's own version of mini-games, and both Colosseum, and XD did have a version of a Leader Tower.

Do you not remember the disks you had to locate to do the Battle Sim, and the Lucky Egg quest after beatting Story Mode?

Also, do you not remember Mt. Battle for both Colosseum or XD?

Did you even play either of the GCN relaeases?

Also, I have to agree otherwise with BCVM22 in post #8. It was simply supposed to be better graphics to battle you friends with over Wi-Fi. No more, no less.

The Lucky egg quest was not a minigame, and sucked. Battle Sims were alright but they don't count as minigames in my opinion, just challenges. Gym leader castle can't even be compared to the crap collesuem and XD dished out. Mount battle was basically just battle tower but crapper. Battle Revoulution? Not worth the money, seriously, Stadium 2 will always be better.

Everyone grows up, so should the Pokémon games...
Nintendo must understand: Pokémon is still a success because of the old fans, not new ones...
Of course some people stop playing and others begin playing, but most of the fans of the series are people who grew up playing, watching, etc..
And, serioulsy, what is the problem of making a 10+ game? All of us used to play Mortal Kombat, even being a 17+ game... No one asks age when buying a game (at least here in Brazil), and if asks, the parent will buy, not the 10 year old boy ¬¬

Pokémon should steadily losing some childish things...

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be Nintendo's decission alone. It would also have to go through Game Freak inc, and Creatures inc, as well.

The GCN pair didn't have minigames or a Gym Leader tower or anything.
Wrong. Pokemon XD did have it's own version of mini-games, and both Colosseum, and XD did have a version of a Leader Tower.

Do you not remember the disks you had to locate to do the Battle Sim, and the Lucky Egg quest after beatting Story Mode?

Also, do you not remember Mt. Battle for both Colosseum or XD?

Did you even play either of the GCN relaeases?

Also, I have to agree otherwise with BCVM22 in post #8. It was simply supposed to be better graphics to battle you friends with over Wi-Fi. No more, no less.

The Lucky egg quest was not a minigame, and sucked. Battle Sims were alright but they don't count as minigames in my opinion, just challenges. Gym leader castle can't even be compared to the crap collesuem and XD dished out. Mount battle was basically just battle tower but crapper. Battle Revoulution? Not worth the money, seriously, Stadium 2 will always be better.

I wasn't saying they were good mini-games, I was just saying to BCVM22 that they, and a version of the Leader/Battle Tower were present, when he was implying they were completely non-existant.

Last edited:

CAH

Calm And Hyper
I wasn't saying they were good mini-games, I was just saying to BCVM22 that they, and a version of the Leader/Battle Tower were present, when he was implying they were completely non-existant.

Apologies for the misunderstanding