• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PBR Pokemon sprite changes

As you may or may not know some pokemon sprites in PBR got redone and are now different from the Collo/XD versions. This is where you can disscuss those changes.

Personally I hate what they did to Poliwrath and Mewtwo. Poilwrath was perfect before, with how it pounded on it's chest and raised its fist into the air. But now it just has a normal fighting stance, draining the old sprite's uniqueness. Mewtwo just doesn't seem as evil anymore...

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
Machop looks like a peace of **** now.
It looked good and acually had the right colour in XD. Now, its brown and has a gay stance.

And shiny Kyogre's colour. It used to be pink, but now its purple. I know Rayquaza stayed.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
I wanted to say this for a while. I like the new Arcanine now. It looks more furry than jagged now, but its feet are still kind of hexagon-ish.

Matty_G33

Wi-fi Trader
Nidoking looks like his old Stadium counterpart still.

Zbynek

I don´t know much about paster games,but that Blaziken´s horrible :(

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
Mewtwo just doesn't seem as evil anymore...

Yes! I'm not the only one who thought that! It's because they over rounded/smoothed all of the pokemon, and they made Mewtwo's animations mored toned down than in the old ones--Less powerful, if you will.

And Celebi looks more creepy now. I don't know, it's like they made the model too big or the eyes are oversized or something...

But then the poor psychics have been getting a raw deal since Ruby/Sapphire. At least in Gold/Silver, you could still throw one on your team because not every pokemon knew a dark move. But then Bite changed and it all went downhill from there.

I think they also made Sableye too dark in color. But I love that they left in his rebound animation where he grins and stalks back to the ring. Cracks me up everytime!

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
The only thing I don't really like is Snorlax(he looks so stupid lol) and when the pokemon are hit by like body slam or psychic and the become spongy(that is so retarted lol) but the rest of the game is pretty awesome.

Peace!

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
i dont like the look of graveller he looks like the design in pokemon stadium2 he looks kinda green

Gohtohmaon

Pokemon Trainer
i enjoy what they did to clefable. when he uses shadow ball or ice beam, it no longer shoots from his hand that he lifts up really high in the air and waves, it shoots out of his mouth and looks a little more acceptable

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
As you may or may not know some pokemon sprites in PBR got redone and are now different from the Collo/XD versions. This is where you can disscuss those changes.

Personally I hate what they did to Poliwrath and Mewtwo. Poilwrath was perfect before, with how it pounded on it's chest and raised its fist into the air. But now it just has a normal fighting stance, draining the old sprite's uniqueness. Mewtwo just doesn't seem as evil anymore...

Don't you mean models? Sprites are 2D images, 3D games have models.

midnightslade

Some models have really 2D elements. Like the hand on Aipom's tail is flat when the camera swings on it. Is it not suppossed to be bulbous or at least... like a hand? Instead it looks like a sheet of paper. Noticed the same thing on Torchic's feathers.

And it bothers me when Infernape gets hit that knocks back, gets up and back into position only to turn red, raise into the air and shake violently... it's like he gets hit, recovers and gets hurt again. I don't get it.

Dapuff

i love when gengar gets hit by an attack his arms flailing, it makes me laugh everytime, or imitate :)