• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PBR Wifi: Killjoy

Kiruin

Wifi Veteran
PBR"s Wifi feature is what makes it worth buying, without it, it isnt worth much. But when you go on Wifi do you know what happens? Nothing special, and that's the problem.

Everytime I go on Wifi I get either a generic team of overused sweepers (e.g. Salamence, Gengar, Magmortar, Electrivire, Lucario, etc.) or a team of legendaries. After putting a ton of time into a fair team for this game I still have no fun on wifi due to the fact nobody has originality these days. I don't know if I am just going on at bad times or what, but I am tired of going up against unfair teams.

So if anyone knows a good time to go on, or any other way of avoiding this please reply.

zapdragon14

High as the sky 8D
Erm, there's nothing wrong with the OU sweepers, you just need to know how to handle them. As for the legendaries, they're usually noobs who have little to no skill, It's not too hard to take these down. And no, I don't have salamance, gengar, lucario, electivire, magmortar or lucario in my team.

I actually find it a nice challenge to defeat these w/ my UU/BL team.

Last edited:

Kiruin

Wifi Veteran
Maybe the gengars just got to me because they are too fast and strong for most of my team to handle. I still wish I could end up fighting more unique teams though...

I just want to encounter a team who's Pokemon aren't fully evolved. I pride myself on my Pokemon, and always lose. What kind of Stat filter does PBR have anyway?

swampert55

Everytime I go on Wifi I get either a generic team of overused sweepers (e.g. Salamence, Gengar, Magmortar, Electrivire, Lucario, etc.)
That's exactly what I faced today(plus an Alakazam). I was in double battle mode, and the opponent sent out Electivire and Magmortar against my Latios(my only uber) and Aggron. Latios used Psychic on Magmortar, then the opponent used Thunderpunch and Fire Punch(???) on Aggron. Aggron took out both of them with EQ. Then I OHKO'd Lucario with Psychic and Salamence with Avalanche. It's amazing how easily the OU sweepers are taken down because they're so predictable.

{HI}343

pure 1337ness
dont worry about other peoples teams. the people with all legendaries generally have little in the area of skillz other that they know what is super effective against what.
just use what ever pokemon you like. makes it more gratifying when you PWN them with UU.

Jade1212

WHAT!?!
That's exactly what I faced today(plus an Alakazam). I was in double battle mode, and the opponent sent out Electivire and Magmortar against my Latios(my only uber) and Aggron. Latios used Psychic on Magmortar, then the opponent used Thunderpunch and Fire Punch(???) on Aggron. Aggron took out both of them with EQ. Then I OHKO'd Lucario with Psychic and Salamence with Avalanche. It's amazing how easily the OU sweepers are taken down because they're so predictable.

hey,i think i actually faced that trainer too_Or someone like it.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I hardly ever see standard OU Pokemon on teams. The last Pokemon I've battled were:

Crobat, Cloyster, Jolteon, Arcanine, Shedinja and Quagsire
Starmie, Gastrodon, Lucario, Tauros, Charizard and Jolteon
Medicham, Garchomp, Miltank, Wigglytuff, Girafarig and Pidgeot
Pinsir, Charizard, Blastoise, Donphan, Kecleon and Lanturn
Jolteon, Scyther, Xatu, Ninetails, Vaporeon and Altaria
Infernape, Empoleon, Latios, Rapidash, Magnezone and Salamence
Giratina, Kyogre, Heatran, Rayquaza, Cresselia and Groudon
Charizard, Golduck, Luxray, Aggron, Bannete and Persian
Ninetails, Tauros, Electivire, Crobat, Skarmory and Hitmontop
Garchomp, Electrode, Typhlosion, Shedinja, Miltank and Poliwrath
Togekiss, Gallade, Uxie, Infernape, Gyarados and Metagross
Masquerain, Rapidash, Hippodon, Shiftry, Reserade and Octillery
Tentacruel, Cradily, Carnivine, Octillery, Omastar and Tangroth
Rampardos, Basteodon, Azumarill, Metagross, Tangroth and Drifblim
Azumarill, Ambepom, Clefable, Drapion, Munchlax and Flygon
Tauros, Vaporeon, Electabuzz, Nidoking, Syther and Dragonite

If you were wondering how I remember them, it's because I record my battles.
So out of 15 battles we have 5 ubers, 24 OU, 24 BL, 34 UU and 2 UE. I don't know what you people are talking about. UU seams to be used much more than OU. And uber is nearly non-existant. And those15 battles were on 4 differant days in the last 2 weeks.

I actually find it a nice challenge to defeat these w/ my UU/BL team.
^^^ Agreed. I hate seeing a team full of ubers (and I quit the match). They should make guidelines where you can filter them out or something. I think some people just like to show off their oh so rare legendaries *shrug*

Syther

Y not?
Once eveyone has them the're no longer rare. If you battle a Shiny Eeveelution team. That's proably me.

Gengar Fan

Personaly I like seeing a full legendary team once in a while. It's fun beating them with my own normal pokes.

Psycho_Jirachi

Rhyperior is teh pwn
Once eveyone has them the're no longer rare. If you battle a Shiny Eeveelution team. That's proably me.

How'd you get those???? *cough*AR USER!*cough*

Drakuaza

The Blind Bandit
i recomend during night, more japanese people, they have unique teams, you should check em out, they even fight pretty good.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I actually don't see the huge numbers of over-used and legendary Pokemon everyone complains about.

Though they do turn up. Hopefully whatever more unique team you've made is capable of handling them. If I can wreck these teams with Swellow and Bibarel, surely others can do the same.

Matty_G33

Wi-fi Trader
I hardly ever see standard OU Pokemon on teams. The last Pokemon I've battled were:

Crobat, Cloyster, Jolteon, Arcanine, Shedinja and Quagsire
Starmie, Gastrodon, Lucario, Tauros, Charizard and Jolteon
Medicham, Garchomp, Miltank, Wigglytuff, Girafarig and Pidgeot
Pinsir, Charizard, Blastoise, Donphan, Kecleon and Lanturn
Jolteon, Scyther, Xatu, Ninetails, Vaporeon and Altaria
Infernape, Empoleon, Latios, Rapidash, Magnezone and Salamence
Giratina, Kyogre, Heatran, Rayquaza, Cresselia and Groudon
Charizard, Golduck, Luxray, Aggron, Bannete and Persian
Ninetails, Tauros, Electivire, Crobat, Skarmory and Hitmontop
Garchomp, Electrode, Typhlosion, Shedinja, Miltank and Poliwrath
Togekiss, Gallade, Uxie, Infernape, Gyarados and Metagross
Masquerain, Rapidash, Hippodon, Shiftry, Reserade and Octillery
Tentacruel, Cradily, Carnivine, Octillery, Omastar and Tangroth
Rampardos, Basteodon, Azumarill, Metagross, Tangroth and Drifblim
Azumarill, Ambepom, Clefable, Drapion, Munchlax and Flygon
Tauros, Vaporeon, Electabuzz, Nidoking, Syther and Dragonite

If you were wondering how I remember them, it's because I record my battles.
So out of 15 battles we have 5 ubers, 24 OU, 24 BL, 34 UU and 2 UE. I don't know what you people are talking about. UU seams to be used much more than OU. And uber is nearly non-existant. And those15 battles were on 4 differant days in the last 2 weeks.

THAT IS NOT A FACT.

It's just the players in the time zone you're in.

More than half of my battles involved ubers, and only one team had none.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
THAT IS NOT A FACT.

It's just the players in the time zone you're in.

More than half of my battles involved ubers, and only one team had none.

Then you're lucky. I want to battle agensed ubers. (More fun beating them) Out of the 800+ battles I've been in, less then 30 battles even had one uber.
Also, that would mean that yours isn't fact either. It's just your time zone.

Amonitas

Then you're lucky. I want to battle agensed ubers. (More fun beating them) Out of the 800+ battles I've been in, less then 30 battles even had one uber.
Also, that would mean that yours isn't fact either. It's just your time zone.

Huh? I have only battled 20 wifi battles and only 5 were OU teams that had the likes of magmortart with all fire moves.