• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PC-cillian is being stupid

So PC-cillian scans my computer, and says there are 38 cookies. But theres no fix them sections. How do you get PC-cillian to get rid of the cookies?

BCVM22

By deleting them yourself because many anti-virus programs don't see cookies as being harmful?

Well, That's amazing, however I couldn't find the delete button, which I why I came to this thread. Thanks for your help, I appriciate it x_x

Mew Fan 120

mew lover!•¤¥??*™©?*§ ¦
well you could click on it and press the delete button on your keyboard

`1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0-=Backspace insert home pg.up /*-
tab q w e r t y u i o p []\ deleteend pg.down 7 8 9 +
caps a s d f g h j k l ; ' enter 456
shift z x c v b n m , . / shift ^ 1 2 3 enter
ctrl alt space bar alt ctrl < V > 0 .

use this keyboard map to help you find the legendary DELETE button.XD

well you could click on it and press the delete button on your keyboard

`1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0-=Backspace insert home pg.up /*-
tab q w e r t y u i o p []\ deleteend pg.down 7 8 9 +
caps a s d f g h j k l ; ' enter 456
shift z x c v b n m , . / shift ^ 1 2 3 enter
ctrl alt space bar alt ctrl < V > 0 .

use this keyboard map to help you find the legendary DELETE button.XD
Doesn't work, but I highly appriciate the sarcasm and ridicule for my seemingly stupid question.
Can someone take me seriously and actually tell me how to use PC-cillian? Honestly.

Neko

I don't know pc-cillian, but if you want to remove your cookies, you can simply remove them manually on Internet Explorer. Cookies aren't generally harmful though and are mostly used to remember your preferred settings for visited websites.

Anyway, to remove your cookies start up Internet Explorer (if that's the browser you are using anyway). In the menu at the top, select 'Extra' and choose 'Internet options' from the dropdown menu.

You should get a new window, which looks something like this:

naamlooswu8.png

Only not in Dutch obviously. Anyway, under the heading 'Temporary Internet files' you'll see an option to remove the cookies from your computer. To make things easier, I even drew some red arrows around the button. You'll be asked if you're sure you want to remove your cookies and after that you only need to wait (briefly) while the computer does its thing.
And that's it. Cookies are gone. I should point out that after that, your computer will immediately start collecting cookies again as you surf the internet. That's because cookies are not usually harmful. They are there to make your life on the web a little easier. For instance, they remember your passwords for you. If you delete your cookies, your computer won't automatically remember you password for this forum. You'll need to re-enter it.

Having said that, some cookies can of course be harmful. The most common type of annoying cookies are those that keep giving you pop-up ads.

But in general cookies aren't all that bad. It's actually the Temporary Internet Files that you need to keep an eye on. Everytime you surf the web, your computer keeps track of the websites you visit and it EVEN DOWNLOADS THEM. Why? So that next time you visit the website, it'll load faster. That's good for you and good for the webmaster, who is trying save bandwidth. However, if you visit a lot of websites and never come back, those files will pile up in your computer with nothing better to do than to rot and slow your system down. This'll happen particularly fast when you visit websites with movies on them, such as YouTube.
That's why you should clear your Temporary Internet Files regularly. You can do this by clicking the button next to the one used to delete the cookies. It should be called 'Remove files', or something like that. You'll be asked if you want to remove offline files too (if you want to be thorough you could select 'yes') and then let the computer sort it out again. Don't be alarmed if it takes a while for the computer to do this. Last time I forgot to clear my pc for a few months and it took 15 minutes to clear out all the gunk. Whoops... And I didn't even visit YouTube or anything!

Anyway, I hope that helps. Now, if you don't use Internet Explorer but FireFox, there's a different system. I'm quite new to FF, but as far as I know this browser clears out its Temporary Internet Files automatically. I haven't quite figured out how to remove cookies on it, but maybe someone else knows. :)