1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pc Help!!

Discussion in 'Technology Help' started by Ultimate, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Ultimate

Ultimate Zephyr Trainer

ok i was surfing on the net right.. suddenly the screen brightness menu popped up.. and tehn it kept lowering my brightness.. i keeep add more but it keep lowering anyhelp plz the menu keeps poping up..

2. Ultimate

Ultimate Zephyr Trainer

theres nothing wrong the menu where you adjust brightness keeps popping up and lowering and i keep adding its still lowering any ideas what happening?

3. Ultimate

Ultimate Zephyr Trainer

it cant be cause whenever i press menu it wont disapear... my moonitor is a hp pavilion... i try unpluging the m=monitor plugs nothing happens...and i tried restarting too nothing helped
    OK im REALLY MAD NOW im going to turn off my computer and when i get on that thing should disapear! im so MAD!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  4. Ultimate

Ultimate Zephyr Trainer

i used mines for like 2 years and now its going crazy! i cant send it my warranty is over... i though hp was the best or was it IBM

5. Paradox

Paradox Irate Pirate

Is the - button just stuck? Try prodding and wigglying it

6. Ultimate

Ultimate Zephyr Trainer

its not the button its the monitor my friend said is it cause of the speakers beside my monitor or a magnet he said

7. ShiningClefairy

ShiningClefairy Meteor Trainer

Seconded! The hp CRT monitor that came with my current PC started going bad quite a while ago... it was far too dark, even with everything turned up. This monitor I have had since, like, 1998 is still as good as it was the day we got it, and it doesn't even have a brand name.

Replace it with another monitor, if you have one. If you don't, find someone who does, or get a new one. Or you could just check the buttons more carefully, because nothing other than the buttons on your PC can do that.

8. Paradox

Paradox Irate Pirate

The button on your monitor? A magnet wouldn't cause the menu to pop up though, it can make a weird line across the monitor but not change the brightness

9. Eileen

Eileen Queen of Orudoran

You should just replace it. Replace it with a 15 inch Flat Panel Display (LCD). It will produce crisper images and also reduce space and power consumption vs a CRT.