• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pc Help!!

Ultimate

Zephyr Trainer
ok i was surfing on the net right.. suddenly the screen brightness menu popped up.. and tehn it kept lowering my brightness.. i keeep add more but it keep lowering anyhelp plz the menu keeps poping up..

Ultimate

Zephyr Trainer
theres nothing wrong the menu where you adjust brightness keeps popping up and lowering and i keep adding its still lowering any ideas what happening?

Ultimate

Zephyr Trainer
it cant be cause whenever i press menu it wont disapear... my moonitor is a hp pavilion... i try unpluging the m=monitor plugs nothing happens...and i tried restarting too nothing helped
OK im REALLY MAD NOW im going to turn off my computer and when i get on that thing should disapear! im so MAD!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ultimate

Zephyr Trainer
i used mines for like 2 years and now its going crazy! i cant send it my warranty is over... i though hp was the best or was it IBM

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Is the - button just stuck? Try prodding and wigglying it

Ultimate

Zephyr Trainer
its not the button its the monitor my friend said is it cause of the speakers beside my monitor or a magnet he said

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Latios said:
Oh. Personal experience -> HP monitors suck. You should send it back to HP if they have that service and get a new monitor. Because really, I don't know how to solve a monitor problem, and I know HP monitors are a bit poorer in quality than others.
Seconded! The hp CRT monitor that came with my current PC started going bad quite a while ago... it was far too dark, even with everything turned up. This monitor I have had since, like, 1998 is still as good as it was the day we got it, and it doesn't even have a brand name.

Replace it with another monitor, if you have one. If you don't, find someone who does, or get a new one. Or you could just check the buttons more carefully, because nothing other than the buttons on your PC can do that.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Ultimate said:
its not the button its the monitor my friend said is it cause of the speakers beside my monitor or a magnet he said
The button on your monitor? A magnet wouldn't cause the menu to pop up though, it can make a weird line across the monitor but not change the brightness