• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearls are a Spoink's Best Friend (355)

ZilverLox

Banned
I thought it was interesting how Spoink didn't have its pearl when it first appeared to Ash and everyone. I mean, I was expecting it to appear with its pearl and then lose it later somehow. Anyway, I thought that was cool. And I liked how most of this episode was spent with everyone looking for the pearl. I loved how every time Spoink would find something that was round, but wasn't its pearl, it would lift it up to its head psychically.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I know Jessie really wanted that Feebas, but why didn't Meowth or James notice that there was tape holding the "whiskers" down. And I thought it was interesting how Spoink didn't have it's pearl.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I know Jessie really wanted that Feebas, but why didn't Meowth or James notice that there was tape holding the "whiskers" down.

TR had to think that it was a real Feebas, otherwise the Magikarp salesman's scam wouldn't have worked. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved how the Rocket-dan squeezed into the telephone box to speak with Sakaki, and how his Persian teased Nyasu. I didn't exactly understand why Cotoise was so dedicated to helping Baneboo find its lost pearl, but I liked how we saw Baneboo put Pupurin on its head. The Koiking salesman's Hinbass scam was funny, too.

Zamin

I liked the episode but I was really annoyed that Ash didn't keep the Spoink. I thought he would have done seeing as Spoink is in the intro credits. It was cool having the Magikarp salesman back, I actually believed that he was going to give them an actual Feebas so I was fooled alongside Team Rocket. It is cool that Spoink got his pearl back eventually and it was funny to see Team Rocket get outdone by the salesman.

I wonder how Team Magma and Aqua are getting on, they haven't cropped up for a while.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the episode but I was really annoyed that Ash didn't keep the Spoink.

As much as I liked the wild Baneboo from this episode, I don't think it would've fit well with the cast, by which I mean that its lost pearl routine probably would've ended up becoming a constant comedy gag if it had joined Satoshi's team. And since I didn't think the Advanced Generation cast needed more gags, I was somewhat relieved that Baneboo stayed wild.

Daizy

I call you honey
Was it just me or did Giovanni have a different voice? I wish Jessie had gotten a Feebas instead of getting scammed with a fake.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Was it just me or did Giovanni have a different voice? I wish Jessie had gotten a Feebas instead of getting scammed with a fake.

Frankly, Hinbass wouldn't have suited her team since it was too weak and unappealing. I mean so was Habunake in a way, yet at least Habunake had speed on its side.

Spoink is cute. Nice to see Torkoal and Mudkip (I love them) and Pikachu riding on Torkoal is adorable!!!!! The return of the Magikarp salesman