• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping Discussion V 4.0

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
A new thread to gush about Pearlshipping.

Pearlshipping is the belief that Ash and Dawn belong in a relationship together. Both characters were the protagonists of the Diamond and Pearl anime and Dawn has reappeared later on.

Keep things civil at all times and try to be very active!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This ship used to be my OTP when I was a kid watching DP lol
Similar to the childish mindset of seeing two characters you really like together on the screen having great chemistry, and then pressing SHIPPPP
Thankfully as I grew up I came to see Ash and Dawn more as besties with a sibling esque relationship, so dont really ship them at all anymore (Although hate the notion of shipping Dawn with Kenny or Paul, EW)

Pearlshipping still holds fond memories in my heart, but more as friendship. Dawn was the Goh before Goh existed <3
Honestly @Spider-Phoenix said it best once, Ash Goh and Dawn are the perfect trio

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Pearlshipping still holds fond memories in my heart, but more as friendship. Dawn was the Goh before Goh existed <3

The Sakai Takayuki DP manga was pretty much Journeys before Journeys.

Might appeal to Pearlshippers as well since it's pretty much Ash and Dawn travelling around Sinnoh (no Brock, no rivals and not even TR lol)

Viz really dropped the ball skipping this one. Also, sad Takayuki didn't make more. Maybe it was low sales?

Honestly @Spider-Phoenix said it best once, Ash Goh and Dawn are the perfect trio
7c6.jpg

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I still ship Pearl as a fanon thing but absolutely expect nothing from the show. They are best friends and love the way their relationship it is as of now.

Speed22

Enjoy your victory laps and the gloating that you will inevitably be able to do.

I suppose that's what happens when the people running the current series absolutely despise your favourite series and have made it their priority to disrespect it in every conceivable way. :rolleyes:

You know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Journeys doing the Lord's work that's for sure... Can't say I ever would have thought Dawn and Ash would get more interactions after Best Wishes, yet here they've hung out on 4 separate occasions now.
Also, they both got the phone numbers of each other so people can headcanon they still talk every once in a while.

Really interesting she specifically called Ash when her Piplup had vanished

(by the way, not going to lie, I see their connection more as "twins separated at birth" then a couple but I wouldn't reject Pearl being a thing)

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I like the ship but never really supported it fully, as for me they are best friends. And Dawn coming to watch him solidifies that for me.

I just hope he returns the favour when she wins a Grand Festival.

I would actually ship Dawn with Brock, which I know is very controversial as people criticise them and say they barely interacted but Dawn really admired Brock, she brings him up when she returns, she’s pleased to see him again in the Sinnoh specials and she seemed to take on his advice and remembers everything he taught her to look after her Pokémon.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Personally always felt the better the characters interact, the better the relationship would ultimately work out. Ash and Dawn obviously haven't partaken in any romantic, at least not anything you could call romantic. Pokémon the anime is aimed at children after all... yes the Amourshipping kiss and Kakui's wedding being some major exceptions. If I could frankly grade them in terms of a "relationship" it'd be more than friends, less than lovers...

I was gonna use the age old myth that Japan finds the best written relationships being one where the couple has sibling-like qualities but, well... I call it a myth because I have never found a damn thing to back that up.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I was gonna use the age old myth that Japan finds the best written relationships being one where the couple has sibling-like qualities but, well... I call it a myth because I have never found a damn thing to back that up.
...I mean, don't need much 'proof' when you see how common the 'stepsibling romance' trope is across anime, along with cousins and (on rare occasion) half- and even full siblings.

Though maybe that's just cuz of degeneracy

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
...I mean, don't need much 'proof' when you see how common the 'stepsibling romance' trope is across anime, along with cousins and (on rare occasion) half- and even full siblings.

Though maybe that's just cuz of degeneracy
I don't know if it's that common though for romance based light-novels/manga when they aren't, well, trying to write taboos.

Not that I wasn't aware of how often that trope happens in many harem based or looser romance based anime/manga/etc.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I don't know if it's that common though for romance based light-novels/manga when they aren't, well, trying to write taboos.

Not that I wasn't aware of how often that trope happens in many harem based or looser romance based anime/manga/etc.
It's common enough that most shows don't even focus on the 'taboo' aspect of the step-sibling relationship thing. Every second or third series seems to include at least one step-sibling.

Oh and I just remembered that one famous legend about star-crossed lovers reincarnating as siblings.
Kazuma x Darkness best ship.

prove me wrong.
Kazuma/Aqua is more on-topic though, cuz of their almost sibling-like relationship.

Morax

King of heroes
Oh and I just remembered that one famous legend about star-crossed lovers reincarnating as siblings
*Looks at your pfp*
Kekw
and her name just happens to be Serena too.

>Kazuma/Aqua is more on topic
Nobody ships them though. iirc Kazuma x Megumin is canon in the LN so this myth about japan calling siblings the best-written relationship is kinda untrue.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
*Looks at your pfp*
Kekw
and her name just happens to be Serena too.
lol ikr
>Kazuma/Aqua is more on topic
Nobody ships them though. iirc Kazuma x Megumin is canon in the LN so this myth about japan calling siblings the best-written relationship is kinda untrue.
I mean, you can 'find' something to be well-written even though it's actually garbage. You've seen enough of it, haven't you?