• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping Discussion V 4.0

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Great, so the Amourshipping thread gets on-topic discussion and its fans enjoying and gushing about the ship, and what does this thread get? Off-topic nonsense and spammers. :(

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Great, so the Amourshipping thread gets on-topic discussion and its fans enjoying and gushing about the ship, and what does this thread get? Off-topic nonsense and spammers. :(
Well I mean, let's not act like the Amourshipping thread doesn't have its share of constant spam and serial thread derailments. Plus, I was here to make a perfectly reasonable comment about how Pearl is actually kinda okay before I saw Joltik-Kid's comment and just had to reply.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Can we go back to Pearlshipping Discussion and take all this nonsense discourse to the Leaks thread, please? Why can Amourshipping be exempt from bullshit like this from anti-shippers and petty squabbles but not this barely commented on thread?

Anyways it was nice to see Dawn confident of Ash's skills here. It's got to see how much she knows Ash is good enough and can always give a good fight

Last edited:

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Can we go back to Pearlshipping Discussion and take all this nonsense discourse to the Leaks thread, please? Why can Amourshipping be exempt from bullshit like this from anti-shippers and petty squabbles but not this barely commented on thread?

Anyways it was nice to see Dawn confident of Ash's skills here. It's got to see how much she knows Ash is good enough and can always give a good fight

That I pretty much agree. She has faith in Ash’s battling abilities. Putting on the side note, I knew Dawn likes Ash.

Speed22

Alright be honest, How many of you actually believe that Dawn is coming back for SV? Because people on a certain unnamed site have gaslit themselves into actually and unironically believing that she's here to stay.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Alright be honest, How many of you actually believe that Dawn is coming back for SV? Because people on a certain unnamed site have gaslit themselves into actually and unironically believing that she's here to stay.
I doubt she's coming back after this series ends. I feel that the only reason her and other past characters returned was for a 25th anniversary for the franchise/anime and it wouldn't surprise me if they go back to what they did (or didn't do) for BW/XY and not bring back any past companion.

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Ah, new Pearlshipping thread. Never gets old. Hello to the 3.0 veterans, how you guys doin'?

Of course Dawn came to the stadium, I'm not even surprised, she's Ash's best friend! What DID surprise me was that no one else came? Apart from Chloe, who probably got the idea from Dawn herself. Not even Brock? Misty? Serena who's supposed to have a crush on him and ****? Even his mom is watching from home (but I guess that can be excused). Come on man. And where the hell is May anyway?

But yeah, it just proves that Dawn cares about that boy a lot. She goes out of her way to be there at the stadium, for the most important moment in Ash's life. She said it best herself "I've been watching everything on TV but I just couldn't sit back and watch from afar!" THIS IS SO SWEET OMG Dawn is the ****ing best.

Also the cheerleading Eevee is adorable. Chloe really is lucky to have stumbled upon that wild blue haired girl.

Hildergan

Hello, I am very glad that you have created a new thread for this shipping.

honestly for me this shipping had been evicted for several years but since Dawn reappeared (and several times) my love for this shipping was reborn again and I am very happy that Dawn is the only friend of Ash (of the friends of previousseasons ) to support him in person at the final, is a nice touch from Dawn's side

I really love how Dawn is supporting Ash, not even in DP times did she support him in such a happy and euphoric way

Do you think that in the next episode theres will be a pearlshipping hint?

Personally i can see Dawn with some tears of happiness, in case that Ash wins and congrulates him while she wipes her tears but if Ash loses i think that Dawn will be the most affected, she really believes in Ash's victotry

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Personally i can see Dawn with some tears of happiness, in case that Ash wins and congrulates him while she wipes her tears but if Ash loses i think that Dawn will be the most affected, she really believes in Ash's victotry
Well maybe not tears, but she's gonna be the most excited. Along with Team Rocket, out of all people LOL.
IF Ash loses, bet she'll be the first one to come down from the tribunes straight to the battlefield to comfort him.

I really love how Dawn is supporting Ash, not even in DP times did she support him in such a happy and euphoric way
I don't know about that, in DP she used to wear cheerleading outfits alongside her pokemon. Here it's just Piplup. I guess she's too shy to do that on worldwide TV, but she's still screaming her lungs out XD

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
And remember, Dawn was RIGHT THERE when Ash fulfilled his dream.
GODDAMN RIGHT AND DON'T YOU ALL FORGET IT HAHAHAHA LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

Hildergan

considering that, in JN, we have never seen Dawn saying goodbye to Ash and the others on screen

Do you think Dawn will stay in the remaining episodes? Maybe Dawn arrives to Kanto along Ash and Chloe

For the fact Dawn's Ambipom is in training in Vermilion City where is the Cerise Lab

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ambipom is officially Dawn's but she was there with the AG team.

All's right in the world

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Hola everyone! As I have seen in the JN series of Hikari's presence, I'm happy to return to the forums for further discussions! I have been a veteran of the forum since 2007 so I've seen all the versions of the Pearlshipping forum and how much the fandom has evolved over time.
I am also a fan artist and created a pretty good character development arc that Satoshi and Hikari had during Journeys. I hope to one day get it finished so I can share it here!

For a possible discussion if anyone likes:
Since Dawn hasn't said goodbye as of yet, do you think that she'll make a final appearance in the last episodes? If so, what would you hope to get out of it?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Hola everyone! As I have seen in the JN series of Hikari's presence, I'm happy to return to the forums for further discussions! I have been a veteran of the forum since 2007 so I've seen all the versions of the Pearlshipping forum and how much the fandom has evolved over time.
I am also a fan artist and created a pretty good character development arc that Satoshi and Hikari had during Journeys. I hope to one day get it finished so I can share it here!

For a possible discussion if anyone likes:
Since Dawn hasn't said goodbye as of yet, do you think that she'll make a final appearance in the last episodes? If so, what would you hope to get out of it?
Honestly i see her making two appearances if she does:
Either as part of everyone at pallet town to celebrate Ash's win (feels less likely ngl)
A montage featuring her along with other companions. If it isn't Ash's last series, probably a simple cameo. If it is, maybe the montage cameo would show she won a grand festival or something

SatoSereFan224888

Now how would Ash react if Dawn told him she decided not to do contests anymore? Would Ash respect Dawn’s decision to quit contests or would he be so mad he’d never want to talk to her ever again?

michael147

With best wishes
Now how would Ash react if Dawn told him she decided not to do contests anymore? Would Ash respect Dawn’s decision to quit contests or would he be so mad he’d never want to talk to her ever again?
God, how you seem to underestimate the bond between Ash and Dawn... Ah, I see why. ☺ If you think that Ash's interest in Dawn lies just in her doing contests, shall I upset you - he loves Dawn deeper than Amourshippers think Serena loves Ash.

Look at his eyes shining while he is around Dawn, be it BW2 reunion or JN074, or the Arceus special. There he had lovestruck gazes at Dawn.

Look at his hands, especially one over his heart during the Wallace Cup (at the Dawn's pokeball struggle).

Look at his eyes resonating with Dawn's shaking hand after her 2nd contest loss and at him hiding his eyes in depression.

Look at Ash's face immediately after seeing off the plane with Dawn in BW2 - it was the same sad face he had at his first goodbye with Greninja.

Think that Ash invested a lot into Dawn's career - to think that Ash would promote Dawn in front of Wallace and talk about her struggles with May says a lot how far he can go for her.

Look at Ash caring for and praising her stylist activity, at him being the only human staying backstage for Dawn after he participated in the fashion competition - he obviously could go back into the waiting room. This is the answer to your question, he will do whatever Dawn needs to be successful whatever her occupation is. ☺

Think about Ash offering food for Dawn (Croagunk pies and favourite croquettes).

Look at Ash using Dawn's catchphrase with her meaning - 'daijoubu, daijoubu' when it's not fine - through Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos (he was carrying Dawn's bit in himself while he was with Serena!) and Alola (it even survived Serena!). What a mental attachment to a girl!

Look at Ash having a desire to make Dawn soaking wet - his playful smile before he did that in the 'Arceus And The Jewel Of Life'.

P. S. People here, especially XY and some Amourshipping fans expressed thoughts on retconning Ash-Greninja. I let you know that Ash's Greninja is to some extent the Dawn-Greninja, I mean its perfect sync with Ash is what has made them similar. Compare energy at the high-fives with Dawn and Greninja: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGm5KyLlew9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO5SNFYlSIj/

And the other thing is how many real references to Ash and Dawn's relationship there were starting from BW. You would be suprised, I assure you. ☺

Last edited:

Hildergan

There are two things I wanted to highlight about the scene where Dawn and Chloe arrives at Ash's lobby room

the first is that Dawn mentions that she has been watching all of Ash's battles on TV but decided to go in person to support him in the final, this is very relevant especially when we saw all of Ash's friends watching the battle on TV in JN132 and she is the only one who decided to go in person (along with Chloe, yeah, but she is here in representation of Goh too)

and the other thing is that in that scene Dawn put her hand on her heart, this is not coincidence since it is a way that the writers have to tell us that Dawn was following her heart