• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion 2.0 *SPOILER WARNING*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far for DP116, well we didn't get any sort hints but I still got two pics

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-5918.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-19134.png[/IMG139]

Those pics look cute~. Look at the way Ash looks at Dawn in the first one! He looks like he really cares for her there. If this ep didn't have any good hints (dang writers!) then we'll wait for the one two weeks from now. Next week's ep doesn't look that all promising. It's more about Team Rocket instead. What was the one about after that? I forgot. I think it has to do with Dawn's Mamoswine, right? Maybe Ash could help Dawn out with taming it in this one like with the Akebi contest. He looked like he tried really hard to show the potential Dawn has to Mamoswine. If you ask me, that's really cute~!

Brazillianguy

Hello everyone!

I came from Brazil where Pokemon is very popular, and for a long time I've been reading all those posts and now I've decided to join in

Actually, the main reason why I watch pokemon today is because of pearlshipping and the hints we've got used to see between Ash and Dawn, and because I really think that we're gonna see that happen finally in opposition to those superficial relationships that Ash had with misty and may

I really admire angelo's posts, I think he's in the right way

But be careful everyone, sometimes we try to read Ash and Dawn's minds, forgetting about what is really happening in the anime

So, I hope to be well- introduced to everyone and say that I REALLY, REALLY SUPPORT AND LOVE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THESE TWO KIDS THAT WE CALL PEARSHIPPING

oh, and about dp116, I found it a good episode, with not so many hints but don't you think that we can see Ash and Dawn more together on the recently episodes? Yeah, pearshipping is taking that form

P.S: DON'T WORRY I'VE ALREADY READ THE RULES

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
As far for DP116, well we didn't get any sort hints but I still got two pics

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-5918.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-19134.png[/IMG139]

Those pictures from the episode were decent, so mabie the episode its worth wathcing for me I don't know what to say about the episode because I haven't seen it and I hope to see it on youtube tomorrow. But did the episode have ( even if they were little ones ) pearlshipping moments???????????

ccangelopearl1362

Hello everyone!

I came from Brazil where Pokemon is very popular, and for a long time I've been reading all those posts and now I've decided to join in

Actually, the main reason why I watch pokemon today is because of pearlshipping and the hints we've got used to see between Ash and Dawn, and because I really think that we're gonna see that happen finally in opposition to those superficial relationships that Ash had with misty and may

But be careful everyone, sometimes we try to read Ash and Dawn's minds, forgetting about what is really happening in the anime

So, I hope to be well- introduced to everyone and say that I REALLY, REALLY SUPPORT AND LOVE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THESE TWO KIDS THAT WE CALL PEARSHIPPING

oh, and about dp116, I found it a good episode, with not so many hints but don't you think that we can see Ash and Dawn more together on the recently episodes? Yeah, pearshipping is taking that form

(eyebrows arching upward) Well, well, well. What a... pleasant surprise. Welcome to the Serebii Pearlshipping thread, Brazilianguy, and I will thank you for your compliment about my way of thinking. Perhaps you have some more extensive reasons for supporting Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship, whether it's their sincere cheerfulness or their penchant for doing things together more often than not. Their overall equality and their ability to make up rather quickly after an argument should reinforce my confidence in these two kids rather nicely, as well, so that Ash and Dawn really can become even closer for the future.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
My new pic :D

Who's side do you want more hints to happen? Ash's side or Dawn's side? Or equal?

I'd love to see direct hints from Ash, just because he's so uninterested in love, it would be a big deal. Though, one sided doesn't equal canon, so we need hints from both sides. :3

Of all the similarities observed between Ash and Dawn so far, which one is your favorite?

Their determined personalities. xD I love seeing them fight on even when they're loosing. (And cheering eachother on aswell) xP

I've also noticed that when Dawn is upset Ash seems to worry over her more than any one else he's been with. In Tanks For The Memories, Doc Brock and Team Shocker expecially.

From Doc Brock - "Don't cry Dawn..." < One of Ash's most emotional voices ever. xD

And in Team Shocker he just seemed so deeply hurt that she was upset inside. He took it in so...personally. o.o
I haven't seen him act quite like that to any one else in the anime. When she hurts, he hurts. :D xD;

I think he feels a connection to her. >.>

Anyway, DP116 looks nice. Those screens of them are cute. xP Those coats don't look too warm though. o.o

ccangelopearl1362

Your thousandth deviantART image overall, Endless-Summer? As ever, I will commend your skill in portraying Ash and Dawn together, this time as parents. I can remember seeing them act and look like parents to their Pokémon children in "Doc Brock!", and the same scenario might already work for both Ash and Dawn. When Ash was upset over both Darkrai's apparent demise and Shaymin's final departure, Dawn was concerned about him, and when Dawn was upset about her Solaceon Contest loss and Pachirisu's electricity buildup, Ash was concerned about her. This symmetry between Ash and Dawn I will welcome in reinforcing the equality and basic connection I have sensed between these two kids, and I will be eager to see that symmetry grow in the coming weeks and months.

willpower

Add my FC
Hello everyone!

Bem vindo!! it is so good to have a pearlshipper that speaks the same language that i do!
well, thanks for joining the massive pearlshipping community, have fun and stay active!

My new pic :D

Who's side do you want more hints to happen? Ash's side or Dawn's side? Or equal?

I'd love to see direct hints from Ash, just because he's so uninterested in love, it would be a big deal. Though, one sided doesn't equal canon, so we need hints from both sides. :3

Of all the similarities observed between Ash and Dawn so far, which one is your favorite?

Their determined personalities. xD I love seeing them fight on even when they're loosing. (And cheering eachother on aswell) xP

I've also noticed that when Dawn is upset Ash seems to worry over her more than any one else he's been with. In Tanks For The Memories, Doc Brock and Team Shocker expecially.

From Doc Brock - "Don't cry Dawn..." < One of Ash's most emotional voices ever. xD

And in Team Shocker he just seemed so deeply hurt that she was upset inside. He took it in so...personally. o.o
I haven't seen him act quite like that to any one else in the anime. When she hurts, he hurts. :D xD;

I think he feels a connection to her. >.>

Anyway, DP116 looks nice. Those screens of them are cute. xP Those coats don't look too warm though. o.o

wonderful picture!

i havent seen doc brock yet, but in team shocker, ash reaction it is like you said, he took it so personally! For me it is the most clear hint from ash!!

about you saying the coats not looking warm enough i ROFL!!
that was a very nice point!!

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
The coats don't looks warm enough. not like the time Ash and the snorunt episode. does coats looks decents. xD

Okay enough with the coats. new topic.
Did you support a ship before you supported Pearlshipping?

Well there was Pokeshipping and then Advanceshipping and now Pearlshipping BUT I'm a big fan of advanceshipping. i sometimes can't pick out my favourite out of advance and pearl. lol

willpower

Add my FC

i was a big fan of advanceshipping but when those *cough* stupid *cough* contestshipping hints were too heavy, i was very disapointed... i even skipped BF episodes and i only watched ash´s most important battles and it was time to let go advanceshipping...

then, pearlshipping came up! i really like pearlshipping, it is even stronger than advanceshipping.... (i think the writters are now making up with the former advanceshippers giving pearlshipping as an alternative, i say this because pearlshipping hints are stronger than poke or advanceshipping IMO and it is obvious, they look really cute together)

I saw "Cream of the Croagunk Crop" yesterday and it was really cute when dawn holded on to ash....
also when ash asked dawn to dance and she refused, ash went to dance alone...
when he went, dawn looked down...
hmm... i think that dawn wanted to be with ash at that moment...
what do you think?

Last edited:

ElectricArbok

Arbok rulez
Did you support a ship before PearlShipping?
I actually at first couldn't decide over PokeShipping, AdvanceShipping or PearlShipping, and I had a few short periods for those ships. Then I decided PearlShipping was my favorite because of Ash and Dawn's similarities, and decided to support other ships with Misty and May.

ccangelopearl1362

Well there was Pokeshipping and then Advanceshipping and now Pearlshipping BUT I'm a big fan of advanceshipping. i sometimes can't pick out my favourite out of advance and pearl. lol

Erm... interesting question, midnightjewelz. I may have opined that Advanceshipping works better than Pokéshipping -- and, by extension, Contestshipping -- but my overall interest in 21st century international politics placed me decisively in the Pearlshipping camp, more than any hints within Pokémon Diamond and Pearl by themselves. In fact, those Pearlshipping hints and similarities, especially Ash's encounter with Azelf and Dawn's encounter with Mesprit, strengthened my interest in Pearlshipping tremendously, giving me an incentive to believe that a sincerely better way does indeed exist for humankind. My signature should be able to explain that assumption in a few sentences, but for now, I am happy to ally with the Pearlshippers of both the Serebii and Bulbagarden Forums as I deem appropriate.

Last edited:

loudguy12

99.9% PokéFan

Well, At first I supported Advanceshipping, when I see Drew giving a rose to May, I thought Ash and May would never be able to have a romantic friendship, but with "The Bicker the Better", I give them an opportunity. At end of AG saga, when I see May depart from the docks to Jotho, I thought the Advanceshipping will never occur. Then, I watched the Jubilife Contest and then, the world famous, Ash and Dawn's High Five, thing that never happened in the show. Since, I'm a pearlshipper. But I didn't thought this forum exist until this month.

Last edited:

PKLegendHeroe

guys don't quote long posts, it make your post spammy.

Welcome to the thread Brazillianguy and Willpower, I'll add ya to the list.

I did. it was Advanceshipping. I still support this ship along Pearlshipping. I still think that advanceshipping had a possibility to happen. Although Advanceshipping was my first Pokemon ship, I really like if either this or pearl happens. I don't really support any Pokemon ship except for Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping. Now I support these ships along with a zelda ship.

Blazing Charmander

It's difficult to answer this in a context that would make Pearlshipping relevant to the question, but i'll answer nonetheless. The answer is yes, because I was an avid Pokeshipper for a very long time prior to Pokemon D/P and the meeting up of Ash and Dawn. For long periods of time during Advanced and D/P, i'd lose hope in Pokeshipping, but at other times I fully believed it could happen. I'm still an active supporter of it, but I hold both it and Pearlshipping equally dear in my heart for their own individual reasons. :)

To add substance to my answer, i'll say that Pokeshipping still appeals to me for the nostalgia, interactions between Ash/Misty (i.e. bickering), and its strong hints. However, I equally love Pearlshipping due to Ash and Dawn's dynamic friendship and the interactions that come with it (High Fives, anyone :p), and I fully believe that we support a relationship that will flourish further in the near and distant future.

Actually, Pearlshipping was the first "ship" I supported, but before I got used to Ash and Dawn, I supported Advanceshipping. (Although at the time, I didn't know what it meant to ship.^^; ) After a while, I looked more into Ash and Dawn and I loved their relationship. Then, I started looking for hints on Bulbapedia, found Pearlshipping, and found the Serebii Pearlshipping forums. Knowing that I wasn't the only one, I had more enthusiasm to support this ship and eventually I grew out of Advance and came to LOVE Pearlshipping.;)

PS. In DP116, when Dawn's Buneary was knocked out, Ash saw this and his face looked angry. He looked like he wanted revenge on the poacher for doing that to Dawn's Pokemon, but his face changed a few seconds later to call out an order to Chimchar.

Last edited:

Brazillianguy

Hey! Very well observed pokefan#493! I caught that moment too!

Actually, I've always supported Ash's relationships with the other girls, but, since I saw Dawn I started to support this relationship as a ship, haha, you understand me? I think Dawn is so different from Misty and May...her sincronize with Ash is a thing to remember

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Did you support a Ship before you supported Pearlshipping?
I actually did support Shoppingshipping (May x Brock for those who don't know) for a while, but that was when I still didn't get the concept of Shipping, when I found Pearlshipping on YouTube, I got really into it (And I still support Shoppingshipping).

I didn't see that, did he really get angry when Buneary got knocked out? I didn't catch that. But is that really a hint?

ccangelopearl1362

Pokéshipping and Contestshipping together, or Advanceshipping? Pokéshipping and Contestshipping together, or Advanceshipping? I remember what JPG said about these comparisons with other pairings three pages ago, namely that whereas Misty and May either made fun of or yelled at Ash whenever he did something dumb, Dawn was able to correct Ash with just a few words, and Ash couldn't say much to Dawn in response. In addition, Dawn seemed to refuse to let Ash do something as dramatic as stopping Dialga and Palkia from decimating Alamos Town by himself. Thus, Dawn might make not just an excellent girlfriend for Ash, but also a "nice partner and rival", to take those parts from "High Touch" together. Given my own interests, I can and will welcome this equality between Ash and Dawn, giving these two kids a dynamic that I would not expect of Pokéshipping, Advanceshipping, or Contestshipping.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu

Well before pearlshipping I suported Advanceshipping mainly because when I was in youtube I accidently put Ash and May in the search box and started to like the shipping because of the videos but after I saw Dawn's character right from the start I started and still continue to like/support pearlshipping.

I noticed that on the episode when I saw it today. That must be a little hint because it showed that he cares about her pokemon to.

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
Awesome eyes for DP 116 guys I didn't really see that

Well Honestly, I have to admit Advanceshipping but only until Drew came and then I thought May doesn't really have that much chemistry with Ash as she does Drew (No offense Advanceshippers) I mean Advanceshipping is a cute ship but think about it. She is in Johto with Drew while Ash in in Sinnoh with Dawn. However, I've never been obsessed with any ship before either than PearlShipping

Status
Not open for further replies.