• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion 2.0 *SPOILER WARNING*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccangelopearl1362

Nostalgia, or simplicity? Nostalgia, or simplicity? Nostalgia... or simplicity? While I can note Blazing Charmander's remembrance of Pokéshipping alongside his current support for Pearlshipping, I also happen to see that PKLegendHeroe, WGCV23, Pokegirl16, and pokefan#493 were Advanceshippers before they became Pearlshippers. I am left in an interesting position, to say the least, but my overall assumption about Pearlshipping's potential true significance hasn't changed. My interests may be comprehensive, but I'm willing to expand on a few attributes in order to strengthen those interests, revolving as they are around Ash and Dawn's sincere confidence in themselves and each other. No doubt this confidence has found expression in "High Touch", something else that I don't remember seeing in the past. I remember becoming addicted to that song once I realized how Pearlshippy the English translation to those Japanese lyrics sounded, and even now, I can still enjoy them... which leads me to this possible thought. (I will credit YoungKat at the Bulbagarden Pearlshipping thread for inspiring this topic.):

What is your favorite part of "High Touch", and why do you like that part? (Meaning: What part of "High Touch" do you believe best describes Ash and Dawn's relationship, and why do you believe that?)

Last edited:

willpower

Add my FC
I also happen to see that PKLegendHeroe, WGCV23, Pokegirl16, and pokefan#493 were Advanceshippers before they became Pearlshippers.

i was an advanceshipper before too.... and it is like i said on my last post... contestshipping hints were too heavy to ignore and still believe in advanceshipping...

What is your favorite part of "High Touch", and why do you like that part? (Meaning: What part of "High Touch" do you believe best describes Ash and Dawn's relationship, and why do you believe that?)

i never heard high touch before..... (i only watch dubbed anime... maybe that is why...)

What About Brock... Do you think he is suspecting that ash and dawn like each other?

Last edited:

Misterx

Did you support a ship before you supported Pearlshipping?

i was a advanceshipper but when drew came it was over but now i feel that ash and dawn are a better couple and i hope they end like a couple.

i think these parts describes ash and dawn's relationship best

"Thank you from being here!" and "I'm glad you are here"

because reading that remembers me of that they don’t like leave each other and if they do that they will be worried.

What About Brock... Do you think he is suspecting that ash and dawn like each other?

i think that brock is sensing something because he travels a lot with ash and he never saw ash so close to someone.

and something else i wanted to tell, i mean brock is a important character he and ash were a lot together but right now he's not doing so much i think the reason why they do that is because they want give dawn more attention why??? because they want make dawn someone worthy for ash, just think in the end ash is gonna be a couple with someone we don’t know that wont sell the best thing they can do now is to keep them close friends and make them a couple later because dawn is now the best option for ash.

ccangelopearl1362

i never heard high touch before..... (i only watch dubbed anime... maybe that is why...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTLXtDPCseY
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/pocketm/hightouch.htm

"High Touch" is the latest Japanese opening to Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, one that I would opine highlights the equality of roles between Ash and Dawn in a way that I don't recall seeing in the past. They (seem to) want to do quite a lot of things together, including training their Pokémon, and they're happy to be with each other along the way. I remember that Endless-Summer drew a couple of deviantART images to commemorate separate parts of that song's release, one of Ash and Dawn high-fiving while holding microphones, the other of Ash thinking of Dawn's smile.:

http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/art/Pearl-High-Five-99957486
http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/art/Pearl-Your-Smile-105935408

With Ash and Dawn increasingly prominent beside each other, Brock might be happy to simply leave those two kids alone, as he did this morning. Speaking of this morning, I am left to consider what I've sensed of Ash and Dawn regarding their encounters with those "Lake Guardians", if that's the phrase of choice to describe Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie, and I definitely enjoyed seeing Ash and Dawn side by side against Saturn. The Pearlshippers may feel free to chew on this thought as you wish, but my basic assumption about Pearlshipping may have just been reinforced.:

If you watched "Losing Its Lustrous", what did you think of it?

Last edited:

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
I went on this photo-editing site called Picnik (if anyone wants the the link, PM me or drop me a VM) and look what I made (I uploaded it to Bulbagarden):

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/picture.php?albumid=418&pictureid=3310

I thought it turned out pretty nice ^_^ (The pictures were found on Photobucket)

Anyways:

What about Brock... do you think he is susupecting that Ash and Dawn like eachother?

I'm pretty sure he's thinkin' they like eachother. Sometimes when he smiles at them together, he always has that look on his face like he's thinking: "Ah! Young love!". Something tells me that Brock is beginning to suspect something... (=

Last edited:

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan

It was an awesome episode! It really brought some shine to PearlShipping. The dub actually impressed me. Ash and Dawn kept looking at each other A LOT in this episode. Trust me and Brock seemed to be like a little whiner when he was waiting for Ash and dawn to finish training, I found a little cute pic of Ash and Dawn when Brock's Crogunk came out of it's pokeball.

[IMG200]http://www.filb.de/content/anime/dp096/332.jpg[/IMG200]

loudguy12

99.9% PokéFan
Well, my favorite part is when they sung: "Nice Partner, Nice Rival", I think that in that part, they try to focus in their friendship.

What About Brock... Do you think he is suspecting that ash and dawn like each other? Maybe a little as they are a LOT time alone, but not as he suspected about Ash and Misty, but maybe, he suspect something, talking about this, I have a new topic:

What do you think will happen if Ash and Dawn get confessed or kissed?

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Hey, it's been a while! XD Felt like posting this random icon thingy I made: Pearlshippy icon Just got into graphics making so it's not that great but hope you SatoHika fans like! ^^

I think my favourite part is the push and pull bit, where Hikari's like, "Woo, shove Satoshi! 8D" and Satoshi's like, "Huh? Ooh, it's Hikari. Hi. 8D" It shows that they're extremely comfortable around each other, you can really sense a close friendship there.

I also remember how there's been comments about how if any other girl shoved him back when they were travelling with Satoshi, he'd have snapped, well, I don't think he would've snapped, but I do think he would've been like, "What was that for? o___O" I do really feel that he's more at ease around Hikari unlike with the other girls, Kasumi tends to challenge him while he pep talks Haruka. Him and Hikari do have this sort of equal footing with each other and I like that.

In a way, it's like Kasumi pushes Satoshi along, Satoshi pulls Haruka along, but with Satoshi and Hikari, it really is push and pull. XDDD With pulling each other out of a funk and pushing the other to succeed. Yeah.

ROFL ranty post.

EDIT: WTF, more icons: SatoHika icon Other SatoHika icon XD

Last edited:

Brazillianguy

I have nothing to say about the episode, you've already said what I think, and very well-represented. I just want to add that in every episode that we've been watching to Ash and Dawn improve their relationship, their confidence, their optimism, their admiration with eachother. If at a first moment we saw a japanese episode with good interactions between Ash and Dawn, at a second moment we see the real thing in the dub episode, and it makes me very happy.

I have to say that, "Losing its Lustrous" was a strong episode that showed us the legendary bond between Ash and Dawn again, with that little Team Galactic's help of course
Yeah I really think that we pearshippers will consolidate our interest about this relationship, believe me.

muito obrigado

Wow, so many topics to answer to. Maybe a little too much...?

These parts of the full version all together:

"I'll push you forward"
"I'll pull you back"

"Extending our arms, let's high five!"
"Smiling this much is so heartwarming!"

"Your smile is with me!"

"Your smile is always there!"

"Protecting me"
"Saving me"

Edit:I forgot to mention why these are my favorites... Well, you wouldn't be singing about each others smiles if you didn't like him/her. Protecting and saving each other seems super sweet, and pushing and pulling each other shows how much they are comfortable with each other like Mel-Girl said on the earlier post. It's adorable~!=)

Of course he suspects something. He always gives that look when the two them do something sweet to each other or having fun with each other. The "Ah, young love!" look that sweetpikachu mentioned.

I won't put my hopes high, but they would probably return each others feelings. If they kissed, then they would be the first poke couple to have actually happened! They would support and cheer each other even more than before.

I did watch it and I loved it! I thought Ash and Dawn's interactions with each other were so sweet~! When Ash mentioned that it was all thanks to Dawn's contest battle and when Dawn was highly impressed by how he improved and continued using her spin technique, I thought that these two were made for each other. Just a thought, what if Ash told Brock to wait a little longer just to spend more time with Dawn?;)

sweetpikachu: I love your photoshop pic~! It's so cute!=)

Last edited:

ElectricArbok

Arbok rulez
What do you think will happen if Ash and Dan gets confessed or kissed?
It depends on wether the two kiss each other or somebody else kissed them.

I have another thought.
What if Dawn found out about Kenny's crush on her but couldn't decide over him or Ash?
That would be an interesting episode. I just hope that the writers don't get any more crack and decide to retire Dawn, crushing PearlShippers with a similar way to Advanceshippers. But with Kenny having a higher voice than Ash, no competition.

What if Dawn found out about Kenny's crush on her but couldn't decide over him or Ash?
If that would ever happen, she would compare all the times she had with both boys. If I were her, I would choose Ash. Why? Because when Dawn and Kenny were young together, Kenny would always tease on her and make fun of her with "Pikari" or "Dee-dee". Ash, on the other hand, was always there for here for her first contest, he tutored her when she needed the help, he saved her on separate occasions, and they became great best friends so fast! If you ask me, she got used to Ash more faster than she did with Kenny all those years she spent with him. Also, she seems to enjoy herself more with Ash.=)

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3

For the describing, all the lines with "As long as we're togther" and "Protecting me, saving me" and that sort of thing. :D It really outlines their relationship. How they're always sticking together through good and bad and coming over obsticles and being by eachother's side whenever they need eachother. :3

But, my favourite part is definatley this...

Hikari: Always...Your smile is with me!

Satoshi: No matter where I go...Your smile is always there!

It really gave a romantic feel to Pearlshipping. :3 It's one of the strongest hints we've had and means alot to me. ^w^ When people go "Ohh Pearl has zero evidence blahhh!" I like to answer with that. Because if this isn't shippy, I dunno what is. xD

ALSO, I noticed this.

Hikari: It was fate that I found you, so I request a battle.

So Hikari thinks it's fate that she found Satoshi? :D

What do you think will happen if Ash and Dawn gets confessed or kissed?
By eachother or by other people? xD If it was by eachother, the other would definately get all shy and blush alot. :D If it was by someone else...it depends. If they weren't friends with this person, I doubt they'd be impressed. If it was from a friend, they'd probably be a bit shy, then be their oblivious selves and shake it off. xD

Well Dawn is closer to Ash, has a better relationship with him and is always by his side. She'd ponder and then choose him, definately. xD

On another note, i'm gonna make a Pearlshipping animation. :D A proper one, with proper pictures. :3 I've planned it out already...but it'll probably take ages to finish, being lazy and all. xD; Hikari will be watching Satoshi (Who is sitting next to her) under the stars, blushing, and then Satoshi looks to her and makes her turn away quickly, so Satoshi smiles and kisses her on the cheek. <3

And that's all. Nya~ xD

PKLegendHeroe

pretty much, it was a good episode, so far I like this pic of the episode.. It makes me think that both of them are strong against any odds.:D

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-81642.png[/IMG139]

I think that High Touch will always be our golden hint :D

the only best part that I can think is this: why? because this part means that if even if they might be separated or go to their ways, They will always remember each other with a smile.

Dawn: "Your smile is with me!"

Ash: "To the north, to the south, east and west
The scenery goes on changing, but
No matter where I go...
Your smile is always there!"​

I dont know that much about what Brock can do but he did show some signs on DP004. He also did hold Ash back from holding Dawn during DP061 if ya can recall. Ash did show some emotions there after Dawn was upset. I think that it would been better if Brock was out of that episode.

Im still waiting for what the future holds for Diamond and Pearl, so there is only a 50% 50% percent change for this to happen. although I can still bump the chances for it to happen yeah my math sucks. although if they might ever kiss, I bet that Ash will be clueless.

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

In the meantime, I can still remember Kenny's jealousy about Ash and Dawn's friendship when Dawn introduced Kenny to Ash in "Getting the Pre-Contest Titters" -- as well as my opinion that Kenny might be thoroughly astonished to consider the possibility that Ash and Dawn have a special connection to the legendary Pokémon of Sinnoh through Azelf and Mesprit. In fact, such a scenario may have been a topic for the Serebii Pearlshippers to chew on in the past, somewhere around page 33 of this thread.:

What might Kenny think of Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship and "legendary" connections?

He'll be kinda flustered and jealous that they have a bond like that. He'd also wonder how on earth "Pikari" could be involved with such a huge thing. Of course, he'll be jealous ;) And perhaps he'd try to... I don't know how to word this... beat their connection? Try to show that he has a super-awesome-close connection with Dawn, too? I can see it turning into a competition.

What might Kenny think of Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship and "legendary" connections?

Who knows really. Maybe he'll be jealous and fired up with this powerful kind of bond Ash and Dawn share. Probably then, he learn to except the fact that the two were ment to be together, and that the fate of the world lies in their hands... but not before some super-over-dramatic competition first!

My decision to integrate Pearlshipping into my interest in 21st century international politics might, should, and will most likely speak for itself as a different factor in my own support for Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship, and WolfGirl23 might have a point in envisioning a competition in which Kenny attempts to beat Ash's special connection to Dawn. If nothing else, Kenny might want to use "Dee-Dee" in an attempt to make Dawn look bad in front of Ash, but further along the road in Ash and Dawn's Sinnoh journey, it might be Team Galactic's "brilliant plan", as Saturn put it yesterday, that brings Ash and Dawn even closer to each other, even if Saturn never intended to do so.

Last edited:
New topic~!

What are your speculations for what will happen to Ash and Dawn for the end of the DP saga? Or after it ends?

I think that over time, Ash will become more and more attached to Dawn. When it comes time to separate, Ash would ask Dawn to come along with him on the rest of his journeys. Who knows? Whether he wins or loses the Sinnoh League, Dawn would always be there to cheer him on. They will most likely travel together in the new Battle Frontier. This would give them more time to get even closer to each other than they were before.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
New topic~!

What are your speculations for what will happen to Ash and Dawn for the end of the DP saga? Or after it ends?

I think that over time, Ash will become more and more attached to Dawn. When it comes time to separate, Ash would ask Dawn to come along with him on the rest of his journeys. Who knows? Whether he wins or loses the Sinnoh League, Dawn would always be there to cheer him on. They will most likely travel together in the new Battle Frontier. This would give them more time to get even closer to each other than they were before.

That is exactly how I think of that. And to me Dawn will always be there for him no matter where he is and maybe after the battle frontier she might travel with him no matter where he goes ( That is just my speculation).

willpower

Add my FC

i agree with the people above...
IMO its gonna be the way we gonna find if the writters only want to make money with pokemon or not...
i really hope that what happened to may, never happens to dawn...
(the writters could burn in hell if they would do that)

Brazillianguy

Willpower, I don't think that it's gonna happen the same thing that happened to May for Dawn:
1)Dawn is much more a girl than May
2)Dawn doesn't have her brother travelling together with her, so it makes her more independent
3)May's main rival was Drew, and Dawn's main rival is Zoey- A GIRL, in spite of having Kenny as a secondary rival, but I don't think he'll beat Ash

I really think that they will finish "together". We all know that the writters have some economic duties, so if they became a couple, in fact, it woudn't be very profit to them. BTW I think we'll see a lot of moments between Ash and Dawn or even a kiss. As someone's said here or in bulbagarden( I don't really remember): the writers gave a lollipop to a child, so if pearshipping doesn't happen, they'll be taking the child's lollipop back five seconds later. Their relationship is too strong, so it's impossible they'll end as only friends. We have to trust the writters, and I really think that they want pearlshipping to happen too, with Team Galactic's, legendary pokemon's, or even Hunter J's help.

Ah, one thinking left: don't you think that it is right that Ash and Dawn will be together in the Sinnoh battle frontier?

Last edited:
Ah, one thinking left: don't you think that it is right that Ash and Dawn will be together in the Sinnoh battle frontier?

Of course they will be together for the BF saga. imo, Dawn is more popular than May and she was around for the Kanto BF. Besides, Dawn and Ash enjoy each other too much to separate that early. They would want to stay together for as long as possible in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.