• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion 2.0 *SPOILER WARNING*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
Hey foxkrystal you are right that is similar. ASh must have really been worried about dawn I need to see the episode for myself and Ash gets to wear Lucus's Platinum outfit soon. Looks like Ash and Dawn MUST match when it comes to clothing although Brock is going to wear it too

ccangelopearl1362

No doubt Ash and Dawn will be happy to find other again if they get lost. I may not have given much thought to outfit changes for these two kids, but if they end up matching each other, then somebody might opine that Ash and Dawn look like a young couple already. They might want to huddle next to each other to keep themselves warm, and they might be surprised just how close they've become to each other, both metaphorically and literally. Given Cyrus' eagerness to combine the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs with the power of Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf in order to bring forth Dialga and Palkia, Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship/battling partnership may become vitally important for not just them, but also my own thoughts in the future.

adwer13

wow ima pearlshipper
its probably the orbs and team galactic issue that will bring ash and dawn together sometime soon i hope.

JPG

It's really nice that unlike the other girls, Dawn didn't get angry with Ash for her bike...
Yeah! I think that that symbol, a pearl inside a diamond, represent very well our reason to be here.
So, JPG, It's really interesting what vou've said, so do you think that it works diferently for Dawn?

it is different for dawn. if it were may or misty, they would be less than ash. always in the background. dawn is ash's equal. and even if she's in the background, she lets him know, and every one else for that matter, that she is there and in his corner.

also, i've notice the lack of anyone making any kind of couple reference. its happened with misty. its happened with may. its happened with angie. but we are over 100 eps in and yet no one has done it. given all the hints, and similarities, not to mention how they act around each other, someone should said something. but no one has.

Brazillianguy

Yeah, that's it JPG! And I also think that Dawn is very special for Ash.

I've notice the lack of anyone making any kind of couple reference too. It seems ironic, don't ya think? With Dawn being almost the same person as Ash, and being the most feminin girl with a wonderful-romantic- friendship with Ash...Well, for me, it's not proposital, it's some meaning, and I think it happens because they're so special that THEY will notice the love they feel for each other, and they don't need anyone to do that, but if anyone does that, I think they will not disagree, unlike Ash did with Misty and May, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
the best symbol is a kiss. =] Or a high five. anything pearlshippy. but i REALLY do want it to be a kiss. <3

ccangelopearl1362

also, i've notice the lack of anyone making any kind of couple reference. its happened with misty. its happened with may. its happened with angie. but we are over 100 eps in and yet no one has done it. given all the hints, and similarities, not to mention how they act around each other, someone should said something. but no one has.

If you're serious, then the irony is striking. Ash and Dawn might not even realize just how close they've become to each other, and if that wasn't enough, nobody has said anything about it so far. Then again, such silence might just appear to be ironic to us Pearlshippers at first. I would opine that at the same time, that same silence will give Ash and Dawn even more wiggle room, so to speak, between their romantic friendship and their battling partnership. They're similar in many ways, and neither of them might mind actually being considered a couple at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if thinking of themselves as a couple turned out to be almost a background detail for Ash and Dawn, what with their combined optimism and all.

adwer13

wow ima pearlshipper
ya cc is right its kinda funny how they are now soooo close yet they dont even realize it yet isnt that interesting. and pikachu_luver i agree with you a kiss, diamond and pearl,dialga and palkia ANYTHING like that will work with pearlshipping.

ccangelopearl1362

With Pearlshipping as potentially close to world-shaking events as it is -- at least, to my conclusion -- I can suspect that by the time Ash and Dawn actually realize how close they've become, they'll already be ready to be a full-fledged couple. They'll have been through so much together, and they've protected and saved each other along the way. Neither of them might need anyone else to actually point out that these two kids look like a couple already, which should give Ash and Dawn more freedom to think about their romantic friendship/battling partnership more comprehensively. If freedom really is a key component of Pearlshipping, then this political junkie will thoroughly enjoy supporting Ash and Dawn together for the future.

adwer13

wow ima pearlshipper
once again you are right cc. its interesting that in on episode (not sure if in was aired in the US) a gym leader "mistaked dawn for ashes girlfriend. Also in yet another episode dawn and ash were talking to a trainer or gym leader(not sure which one XD) was talking about pokemon and dawn was staring at ash as if she realized something, and then ash looked back confused. so its sorta funny how in other words are clueless.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
once again you are right cc. its interesting that in on episode (not sure if in was aired in the US) a gym leader "mistaked dawn for ashes girlfriend. Also in yet another episode dawn and ash were talking to a trainer or gym leader(not sure which one XD) was talking about pokemon and dawn was staring at ash as if she realized something, and then ash looked back confused. so its sorta funny how in other words are clueless.

Oh god. x.x

No, those are lies by dawnxashforever17 of Youtube.

Crasher Wake, NEVER, called them girlfriend/boyfriend in the English or Japanese version.

It's times like these where I'm tempted to make my own Pearlshipping Moments vids...

[IMG139]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Katsuko-chan/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/3177903.jpg[/IMG139]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=3177903

[IMG139]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Katsuko-chan/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/2381033.jpg[/IMG139]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=2381033

ccangelopearl1362

Interesting images, Katsu Koneko. Would you believe me if I told you that I actually had a dream featuring something similar to what that last picture was portraying? Dawn was particularly upset about something, and when Ash realized how upset she was, he gave her a reassuring smile while nudging some tears away from her face with his thumb. I could imagine Ash doing that for Dawn, based on his concern for her after the Solaceon Contest and during Pachirisu's electricity overload. There may have been some moments of mystery to get either or even both of these two kids' attention, as happened during the Wallace Cup. Yet, I wouldn't necessarily expect Ash or Dawn to be explicitly romantic, which might explain why nobody has pointed out that they look like a couple yet.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
Hey all~ ^w^ I'm back~

What would be an appropriate symbol for Pearlshipping?

Blue and pink Pokeball~ :D

What would be most likely to be Ash and Dawn's favorite memory of each other?
Well...I can't decide on one. =P They'd most likely just remember all of their time together and be happy they were given the chance to become such good friends~

As for a 'couple reference', I think the writers will still put one in somewhere, DP isn't over just yet. =3 They deserve one, anyway. Hopefully we'll get some blushing.

I'm so excited about the platinum outfits! Yet another picture I have to draw! *shot* I hope to see some hints in that episode. :3

Anyway...my most recent Pearlshippy pictures?

http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/art/Pearl-Onion-Emote-Style-116686754
http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/art/Summer-Pearl-116191799 (My OC is in this too...but...ignore her. XD)

Aaand..i've also done a few Pearlshipping videos. =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll1BgnILwOE&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Td8s1-09Og&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj2FoF1_Low&feature=channel_page

Keep up the posts everyone~ :D

ccangelopearl1362

Indeed we shall, Endless-Summer. No need to worry. Maybe the Pearlshippers should try using that phrase whenever we feel sad about something. I can admire such energy between Ash and Dawn, wherever they may go. Admittedly, I didn't know you to create Pearlshippy YouTube videos, as well, and I couldn't resist chuckling at "Pearlshipping VS Pokeshipping - Girlfriend", especially the Japanese-sounding chorus by Avril Lavigne(?), but I'm not complaining. That said, I wouldn't exactly expect either Ash or Dawn to be explicitly romantic about their time together, so your idea about Ash and Dawn's favorite memories may have some merit. I would certainly like to see Ash and Dawn next to each other in those outfits from Pokémon Platinum, and perhaps they'll continue complimenting and complementing each other along the way, no doubt to the enjoyment of the rest of us Pearlshippers.

adwer13

wow ima pearlshipper
first of all why make pokemon platnium? its just a copy of diamond and pearl and second what is the sub topic i havent been around lately and have missed some stuff so im sorta lost XD.

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
I have a new topic for the thread.

What kind of gift will Ash give to Dawn for her Birthday?

For me it might be something small but meaningful like that Glacidea flower.

loudguy12

99.9% PokéFan

First, the question must be What kind of gift would Ash give to Dawn for her birthday. Second, if Ash would give a gift to Dawn, it would be the part of the ribbon he won before go to Sinnoh, that would be a great gift for her.

izzyqtk

Something more than friends?

Like, really, I've watched Pokemon since day one, but PearlShipping seems the strongest right now. Between the outfits, attitudes, arguments, and basically everything, there is something DEFINITELY bound to happen this season.

The main reason; the Japanese Opening, obviously!
Where's Brock? KAYYY, thanks.

Misty had more of a sisterly relationship.
May had this best friend relationship.
Dawn is meant to have a romantic relationship.

So many clues and such, like zzwowww.

Also, I think Dawn might stick around to some new regions and such while this time Brock doesn't come back for another season. That would really make my day.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Hey all~ ^w^ I'm back~

What would be an appropriate symbol for Pearlshipping?

Blue and pink Pokeball~ :D

Why didn't i think of that? *smacks herself in the forehead.*

they don't age in the anime. xD

A kiss? i doubt that. maybe a cake and a nice gift like a new scarf or dress.

ccangelopearl1362

A Gracidea bouquet or a new scarf might work as a gift from Ash to Dawn for her birthday. Both of them might be surprised if that bouquet turned out to be a Shaymin, but if that doesn't work, then at least Ash and Dawn are sincerely thankful to be with each other. On the other hand, a diamond containing a pearl might also work in inspiring some curiosity on Ash's -- and consequently, Dawn's -- part before she accepts it from him. These two kids might then look at each other happily, maintaining their freedom to consider their romantic friendship as they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.