• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion 2.0 *SPOILER WARNING*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZGMF-X666S Legend

Spatial Awareness
In which way do you think that Kenny would be good or bad for Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship/partnership?

After seeing what happend in DP122, it makes me wonder if Kenny still has feeling for Dawn.

Image 1
Image 2

As you can see, as soon as Dawn was discovered, Kenny ran right away to his Prinplup instead of going to Dawn and ask her if she's okay.
It looked almost as if he doesn't care about her anymore.

It was really nice to see that Ash, unlike kenny, ran right away to Dawn and showed his concern to her with serious expression. (I like Dawn's wide-open smile expression too. Ha ha.)

I didn't notice that but I do see that Ash ran to Dawn to check if she's alright

In which way do you think that Kenny would be good or bad for Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship/partnership?

As Pikachu Luver said though Kenny ran to his Prinplup instead to see if Dawn is alright Kenny might still care for her and as crisiscore's said could be a good idea as well Ash might save Dawn from him and Ash will fight to protect Dawn.

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Welcome to the Thread PK0082! As long as you follow the rules, you're completely welcome! ^_^

In what way do you think that Kenny would be good or bad for Ash and Dawn's romantic realtionship/partnership?

Hm, good question. Well, Kenny used to be something that we needed to worry about, but judging by those pictures, he dosen't really seem to care for Dawn like he used to. He can be good and bad, if you know what I mean... (; See, he can point out the strong points of their relationship, aaaand he can get jealous of Ash being so close to Dawn... =D

Know what I mean?

JPG

well we already know that he's jealous of their special relationship. even if kenny does get some alone time with her, i doubt he'd provide much in the way of companionship. he seems to like to talk about himself a lot, not to mention talking down to dawn like he's better than her. if their talk go to pokemon battling/training, dawn will of course talk about ash out the ***. he will be annoyed by that.

PKLegendHeroe

I think that Kenny would help Ash and Dawn's relationship in a way that if Kenny will be more jealous of Ash and Dawn being together then that could hint Ash that Dawn might be more interested on him than Kenny. But I do think that if Ash acts up to Kenny's jealousy, that would mean more hints. With all the hints and episodes that came up recently, I can tell that Ash does care more for Dawn than Kenny does. I do have a feeling that Dawn might win her next Contest on Thursday's episode but if not, I hope Ash can cheer her up.

Brazillianguy

I saw this on the ikarishipping thread, by rissychan, and I admit that I got a bit worried about:

"T_T
Someone I know read the summary of this week's episode and it says that Dawn and Kenny's battle is a mixture of love, rivalry and obstination T_____________________T
I hope they're wrong cause after all they're only broadcasting the show and besides tv channels always cling to possibly canon ships (like Poke/Contest/Advance) so there's still some hope <_<"

What do you guys think of that?

Last edited:

Brazillianguy

If Ash/Dawn had a good/bad dream about Dawn/Ash, then what could either dream be about most likely, and what would both of them do?

That's an interesting question.
Dawn might battle together with Ash in her good and relaxing dream, and using Buneary (or Piplup) while Ash would be using Pikachu. For Ash, I can imagine he battling with a Gym leader, and Dawn cheering for him loudly, shouting his name. And then, when they wake up, they will happily tell their dreams to the other while having breakfast.

In a bad way, The two of them might dream about the other being kidnapped or hurt, or even Ash/Dawn could have the other dating with Angie/Kenny in their dreams. If the first happens, they would wake up with the same reaction, worried with the other, and running to see if Ash/Dawn is okay. If the second happens, they would wake up jealous, with a not so good humor.

Last edited:

ZGMF-X666S Legend

Spatial Awareness
If Ash/Dawn had a good/bad dream about Dawn/Ash, then what could either dream be about most likely, and what would both of them do?

In Good Dreams both might dream that they were cheering for each other. Ash will cheer for Dawn in her Contests and Dawn will cheer for Ash in his Gym battles or better yet they can dream about that they were having a Tag Team Pokemon battle and how they're gonna work together as a Team and try to win the battle.

In Bad Dreams both might dream that one of them is lost, possessed, or as Brazillianguy said that one of them was kidnapped. Villains like Team Galactic might think he might have use for these two kids since Cyrus knew that they possess Legendary Connections and both of them will fight in order to stop Cyrus madness. Ash might go to protect Dawn so that no one of the Team Galactic can try to capture or touch her. Or better yet they might dream that one of them is trying to save one another and one of them have a tragic death.

"T_T
Someone I know read the summary of this week's episode and it says that Dawn and Kenny's battle is a mixture of love, rivalry and obstination T_____________________T
I hope they're wrong cause after all they're only broadcasting the show and besides tv channels always cling to possibly canon ships (like Poke/Contest/Advance) so there's still some hope <_<"

After I read this, I've checked all the Anime information site in Japan, but there was no such information like that.

Ask person where his/her friend have read that from.

PKLegendHeroe

I saw this on the ikarishipping thread, by rissychan, and I admit that I got a bit worried about:

"T_T

What do you guys think of that?

I say im tired of hearing RUMORS and then at the end, its all lies. Havent we heard a rumor before in the Ikari thread? yeah so I suggest not to even be worried about. and besides why the hell are we getting worried about this. Specualtions always happen, believe it or not, For example, If I say (insert ship name)Shipping is going to happpen because I just though of something of my head so I can to screw everyone up and post something like what Rissychan posted. Dont believe what one person says. Where is the sources of what this person said? EXACTLY! I know that my sources cant fail me so dont worry about a thing ;) and we will see some pearlshippy scenes on that episode. I will post the pics soon .

I think If ash had a dream about he and Dawn in a contest, I think Ash would do his best and Dawn would also do her best on this contest between them. At the end, Ash might wake up and look at Dawn and they can train for their gym and Contests but I think that they will have some sort of a feelings for each for what they are doing now, including Dawn cheerleading for Ash.

PK0082: please answer the topic and read the rules.

No more spamming people. Just disscuss about pearlshipping. We should be happy that Pearlshipping day is on next Monday. cheer up everyone.

Last edited:
PK0082: please answer the topic and read the rules.
Sorry about that. I will be careful.

I think I have seen parody comic regarding on this. It was funny. I will post it if I can find it again.

Last edited:

loudguy12

99.9% PokéFan
Late, but welcome the forum PK0082!

Good dream: as Brazilianguy said, Ash would dream himself in a gym battle with Dawn cheering him. Dawn maybe would dream themselves in a date, in a gourmet restaurant, or in the dusk, on a balcony in a pokémon center or in a hotel.

the Nightmare: Ash: Viewing Dawn dating Kenny, or viewing them (Dawn and Kenny) kissing, or if them were... 18, 19 (I don't care, I still young for that) havin' "some fun". Dawn: Viewing Ash dating... (there's a lot of people...), May maybe, viewing them kissing or again, havin' "fun".

In the morning: in both cases, good dream or nightmare, they will talk all the morning about that.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
It can be either way, Kengo mgiht be a bad part for Satoshi's and Hikari's friendship and how strong their friendship is by probably becoming more caring for Hikari than Satoshi sometime in the series. Satoshi is too dense to see things like that through and would think it's okay that Kengo likes Hikari and probably Kengo and Hikari may end up together in the end. Kengo would be good for Satoshi and Hikari's strong friendship by showing that he is jealous of them together and probably he could be a notable pearlshipper in the end you never know.
Just heard about the summary from DP123, well it's unknown about the possible penguinshipping hint for Kengo and Hikari, but I do say that Jun could be a notable penguinshipper sometime in the near future. What I like about the upcoming episode is that Jun, Satoshi, and Takeshi are dancing for Hikari and Kengo. Question: Is Jun dancing for just Kengo and Satoshi's just for Hikari or are they dancing for both?

Brazillianguy

Well PK made me more confident in pearlshipping after he told that thing, thank you. After that, I doubt that will have love on Dawn and Kenny's battle
anyway, back on topic:

After thinking again, Kenny would be a rival to Ash because of Dawn, but on the other hand, it can bring us more pearlshipping hints, but it's true that Jun/Barry could become a penguinshipping supporter, we have to pay attention in that.

And about the dance, I think it's just a reaction to the Mime jr's move teetherdance( I don't know if I spelled correctly)

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan

Ahhh, so many possibilities, well well lets start off with good dreams since I'm nice. Okay maybe Ash could have a dream that Dawn ALMOST kisses him on the cheek before Pikachu thunderbolts him (LMAO i mean it could happen in Pokemon). Dawn could have a dream that Ash buys her a necklace or something. Now for the bad dreams, Ash could have a dream that Dawn is leaving his travelling group to travel with Paul/Gary (I'm not a caveliershipper or an ikarishipper but Ash's reaction would be funny like when he got a little jealous over Dawn's fangirling). Dawn could have a dream that Misty steals all of Ash's attention and in the end they wake up from Piplup and Staraptor pecking them

ATTENTION don't you guys think we should make our own pearlshipping wiki? I mean Advanceshipping has one and here we can put hints which Bulbapedia missed. I might sign up for one now. If you guys have any ideas then private message me

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
How would you compare what you opined about Pearlshipping when you first saw it to what you opine about it now?

I have to say that in the beginning ash and dawn were like just friends with minor hints. but now that they traveled together for a long time they are really starting to show that either one of them likes the other. Right now they have many hints that are very visible to anyone. In time ash and dawn will notice somehow they like each other which will lead to more hints. =]

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
@-@ Guys...I think we're going through topics way too fast... Perhaps wait a few days for others to catch up before posting a new topic. We don't want another incident. ^^;

As for the PearlShipping wiki...well I don't know if we should make one.

It could be both good and bad in several ways. Kengo could tease them perhaps push them together somehow. Though that is if he's completely over Hikari. He could perhaps have another talk with Satoshi about Hikari and even comment on his thick head.

On the other hand, he could push away Satoshi and make time for Hikari himself.

Though who knows. :3

(Sorry if I said anything offensive. ><)

[IMG139]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Katsuko-chan/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/48d2776593674.jpg[/IMG139]
http://www.tinami.com/view/31497

[IMG139]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Katsuko-chan/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/poke69.jpg[/IMG139]
http://6zakuro6.soudesune.net/gallery4.html

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
How would you compare what you opined about Pearlshipping when you first saw it to what you opine about it now?

Well to me Pealshipping reminds me of Advanceshipping because of the great relationship they both have with Ash. i love both ships and both are fun to watch. ^^

But from the start and to now, the only thing Pearl has changed is that both Ash and Dawn's relationship has gone stronger from where they first started.

Good: Well Kenny can tease about how close Ash and Dawn are and both friends blush.

Bad: Dawn might to blush if somebody says that she likes Kenny or Kenny is her boyfriend. (Like with Harley each time he saw May with either Drew or Ash)

And btw guys, new fanart from me. ^^

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/IMG-24.jpg

(Too big to be on a image format.)

Last edited:

PKLegendHeroe

When I first saw the possiblity for Pearlshipping on the firsts episodes, I though that pearlshipping could happen. I didn't know for sure what Ash's next adventure were going to be but after he met Dawn, things changed. Now I say that Pearlshipping has a chance for it to happen. Diamond and Pearl is still far from over and things could get more interesting as we know it.

@Pokegirl16: a Pearlshipping Wiki sounds interesting. bulbapedia sometimes adds obvious hints that doesn't even make sense and people do add fake hints for their pleasure. So you have my full support for this but I suggest that only pearlshippers or people that you know, should be only allowed to edit the wiki.

As for today's episode, I rarely heard that "love, rivalry and obstination" that someone was speculating. the only thing that caught my eye was that Ash wishing luck to his former pokemon Ambipom. The episode wasn't that pearlshipping and its to bad that Dawn didn't won her final ribbon, I guess she will win next time. anyways pokemon pin pong contest for the next episode and Ash and Dawn will be in it.

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-24266.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-33084.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-33839.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-40599.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/vlcsnap-40791.png[/IMG139]

At first, I thought Dawn would be nothing more than a sidekick. But after I saw how fast she has become close with Ash's Pikachu in DP002, I did get a feeling that she may will be a completely different character who will be more than a sidekick. And she never ceased to amaze me when she said she will go together with Ash and Brock first. Remember, in DP003, Ash was not even thinking about asking her to go with him on a journey until she asked.

And then new OP "High-touch" came out. I have a feeling that they will be more than a friend at the end of DP.

As for today's episode, I rarely heard that "love, rivalry and obstination" that someone was speculating. the only thing that caught my eye was that Ash wishing luck to his former pokemon Ambipom. The episode wasn't that pearlshipping and its to bad that Dawn didn't won her final ribbon, I guess she will win next time. anyways pokemon pin pong contest for the next episode and Ash and Dawn will be in it.

Hm. I thought Dawn's "Ambipom is important partner that Ash traded it for me. For Ash's sake I will get the things done for sure!" (エテボースはサトシから交換してもらった大事な仲間 サトシのためにも今日は絶対決めたいの!) was pretty pearlshippy.

Also, becuase of that, if Ambipom is really leaving in next episode, I don't think Dawn will let it go without a long discussion with Ash.

Last edited:
How would you compare about what you opined about Pearlshipping when you first saw it to what you opine about it now?

Well, when I first saw it, I thought they were a cute couple that just went well together. Now, they are so nuch more! Back then, I wouldn't believe that Ash and Dawn would get this close (they even traded Pokemon!). Pearlshipping has come along way from its first episode and has surprised everyone with their strong bond. It's almost unbelievable.;D

Status
Not open for further replies.