• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Pearlshipping Thread version 3.0!

What is Pearlshipping?
Well, Pearlshipping is the belief that the characters Ash (Satoshi) and Dawn (Hikari) should be in a romantic relationship!
Here you can discuss their interactions, ship hints, and their relationship as a whole.

# Rules

• Read the Forum Rules and Shippers Community Rules before posting.
  • No Bashing or Flaming other members, ships, or characters.
  • No Multi-Posting - Yes the forum does lag at times, but if you multi-post, you will have to remove it immediately.
  • Stay On Topic - People might start to stray away from the main topic when discussing. Please make sure your post is about Pearlshipping for the most part.
  • No One Liners - If your post contains only one line, it is considered as SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Message). Please make an effort to contribute to any ongoing discussions.
  • Show Respect for each other - The key to a nice and clean discussion is respect. If you bash or flame someone, a warning will ensue.
  • Concerning Fanart, if you are the artist feel free to post the image so long as you also contribute to the discussion instead of just posting the picture on its own.
  • DO NOT REPOST SOMEONE ELSE'S FANART, unless you've gotten permission from the artist in question! If you do not have permission, or cannot ask for permission due to a language barrier, just post a link to the fanart instead. Respect artists' wishes and discourage art theft.
  • Use Spoiler Tags if necessary - Not necessarily needed since the thread's title has *Spoiler Warning!* in it, but if you need to use one for any reason, please feel free to do so.
  • PM me if you get your name changed so I can edit the member list with the new one

# Our Pearlshipping Family

1. Yuppirox [Owner]​
2. lokoduro [Co-owner]
3. Hihiroshi[Co-owner]
4. Katsu Koneko [Co-owner]
5. PK0082 [Co-owner]​
6. Pikachu_luver
7. darklord18
8. ThePokeman09
9. Pokegirl16

10. foxkrystal
11. Adelaide1994
12. pikablue
13. TheBlakeDaze
14. PKLegendHeroe
15. JPG
16. Roboleon
17. midnightjewelz
18. ivanreal
19. mew151

20. Brazillianguy
21. crisiscore
22. BabyLugia
23. BlueMew7
24. Sylva
25. redsoul411
26. ccangelopearl1362
27. Misterx
28. catzeye
29. Sunsurge

30. TopazPikachu
31. bijoukaiba
32. Qlick Anime
33. MayTotallyRocks
34. michael147
35. sweetpikachu
36. Janovy
37. Apocalypse_ZLS
38. Sparkystarz
39. Shippergirl

40. KagamineReimu
41. TougherthanChuckNorris
42. Shego
43. Melody93
44. Blazing Charmander
45. Hjörung´s wrath
46. adwer13
47. BlueDragonfangirl
48. Niker117
49. Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

50. Nightning
51. CapitalX
52. Mikhei
53. HaouJohan
54. VoltTacklingPika
55. Cerberus
56. ST8
57. deathseer
58. Explosionshurt
59. PKPrincess

60. wiitard119
61. polo150
62. plxtreme
63. BlazeFusion76
64. rioT6296
65. hopeful sleeper
66. Satoshifangirl
67. HarukaShuuFan986
68. Espeon 114x
69. UDI

70. granbull guy
71. Haggahagga
72. cloudangel
73. ~*Under The Moonlight*~
74. KrayzieBuddha
75. Mr. Joker
76. CaseyGirl
77. pikachuluver44
78. Kanata
79. pearlshippinglover

80. SulkingSableye
81. dechirures
82. Foxeaf
83. CheeseChan.xx
84. Ciccone
85. xxbbyAndrea
86. KibaLG8
87. Sisco in a suit
88. Anonimity
89. Oceanus119

90. pokelover94
91. The_People
92. Antiyonder
93. Pikapi72
94. shaolinfrm254
95. Pearl-Chan!
96. jmadude
97. anguiano1
98. MasterMan
99. pearlshipping is win

100. FlatterMon
101. Naminésky
102. aipomadvanceshipper
103. trustest_friend
104. Ashton Nauran
105. PePer
106. Kaush22
107. MINK
108. Animefan145
109. Thyson

110. <3Crystal
111. TheRewardIsCheese
112. Crimsonash310
113. Spacialrend
114. ice_wolf-146
115. Teshub
116. Hyuuga Neji
117. Facescar
118. InevitableFate 210
119. TrainerOfLegend

120. retrotype
121. pokeash
122. Unionhack
123. Generic Pokemon Trainer
124. Sutefi
125. DigitalUpkeep
126. crashmax
127. ~SkyHigh~
128. Rowdy
129. Ideologies

130. Stardust.
131. Japanese Emperor Satoshi
132. Tyrannosaurusalan
133. Quattro
134. iLikeEatPoo
135. A Merry Snowrunt
136. Bunny_Link
137. JetshipperKekkaishi
138. Vaulttackle
139. Pearlshipper177k

140. strawberries
141. Andre300
142. starkiller
143. xEryChan
144. Azran Flame
145. StaraptorEmpoleon
146. IvanAipom93
147. SapphireIris
148. Dawn and Piplup
149. Joltik-Kid

150. xXLuminousNightXx
151. Sunset Shine
152. pachifloon
153. Jesspikapal
154. paul (dragon master)
155. Brockster
156. HikariDawn
157. C.Gholy
158. DeeDee
159. Pearlover

160. Sensesfail
161. 00poke_maniac
162. PokeMaster366
163. dawn phan
164. *futachimaru*
165. PrinceGray
166. DiamondandPearlDawn
167. DuquÊ?
168. Ash&Pikachu-Fan
169. Morning Sun

170. EmphaticPikachu
171. Pokemaniac24
172. Ashist_Wilketch
173. Lunar Jay
174. alivemoth
175. yliam73
176. StarDestroyer
177. ★ Lucario ★
178. MaidensGhost
179. Sinnoh Ash

180. Luthor
181. IrisAndDawn
182. pokemongeof
183. McZacky29
184. loudbutch
185. Solacen
186. Ninjagamer720
187. Satoshi & Touko

VM/PM Me to add your name to the list!

# Links

*Also check out the #pearlshipping tag on Tumblr for more fandom contributions!

# Fanfiction

[WARNING: Mature Readers ONLY]

# AMVs

# Graphics & Fanart

PLEASE give credit to the people who made the following graphics. Thank you!

Banners

cascade88:

HTML:
[IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9518/pearlshippingbannerbyca.jpg[/IMG]

HTML:
[IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1986/pearlshippingbanner2byc.jpg[/IMG]

Sylva:

HTML:
[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9608/ashxdawncopy.jpg[/IMG]

HTML:
[IMG]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4167/pscopy.jpg[/IMG]

Espeon 114x:

HTML:
[IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6095/pearlshippingbanner.jpg[/IMG]

HTML:
[IMG]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1786/pearlbanner.jpg[/IMG]

Flame Mistress:

HTML:
[img]http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7168/pearlshippingbanner.png[/img]

Skiyomi:

HTML:
[IMG]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2047/twoheartsbeatasone.png[/IMG]

Icons

Katsu Koneko:

Skiyomi:

Userbars

Yuppirox:

HTML:
[IMG]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7803/satohikausrb.png[/IMG]

HTML:
[IMG]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2553/userbarsh.png[/IMG]

Fanart

midnightjewelz:

TopazPikachu:

plxtreme:

CrazedPochama:

foxkrystal:

Foxeaf:

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX:

starkiller:

*If you would like to see the old Pearlshipping threads, click the links below to see them!*

1st / 2nd

Sorry for the delay for this new Discussion thread, but now that this new one is up and running, let's start off with a topic, yes?

What do you like about Pearlshipping?

Ah, yes. The first topic of the 2nd thread. Well, I love their bond and interactions. Dawn seems to be closer to Ash than the other girls, and shares a lot of things in common with him. They're always cheering each other on, worrying deeply for each other, trust each other, and enjoy the other's company greatly. Probably what attracts me the most is their strong friendship. If this ship were to go the romantic way, then it wouldn't be so hard to build since they know each other so well and are inseparable. That's mainly what I like about Pearlshipping.

On with the thread! Enjoy discussing and have fun, Pearlshippers!

First post has been updated!
[8/8/2015: members]

Last edited:

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
I MUST JOIN!! :D

One, cause I can. XD But I always like how Ash and Dawn interacted with each other. They always look out for each other when ever things get rough. Ash also is closer to Dawn than Misty or May. (In my opinion) They're hints are really cute and I believe this ship can turn canon one day. :)

Yay for new thread Pat! Hope the new thread will get a lot new members and be even better than the first or second one! :)
Awesome first poster! :)

Last edited:

darklord18

Hi pokefan.

I to join, after all it you and W23 who got me into like pearlshipping in the first place.

I just like how when one loses at a contest or gym battle the other there for support, I like how the hints are done, High touch is my favorite song. um what else can i say is that they look cute together, even with a two-three age different.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Nice it finally made! :D. Sorry for the rush Pat =(. But any whays I am glad the Thread is already made =).

LOL the 1 topic of the 2 thread XD. But What I like about Pearlshipping is the Unique Bond they have =D, Their interaction are one of their most Interesting aspect of this ship. They are always close to each other, like Pat said Ash seems closer to her more than he did with the other Female Companions. They usually help themselves a lot during training and believe in each other more than anybody I have ever seen which Implies a strong friendship to me.

Make sure to follow the Rules to every one Else and Have fun Posting in here =D

Yay! Welcome to the thread, guys! =D

As promised, WGCV23 is Co-owner in this new Pearl thread. ^^ Hopefully, the older members that still reply here will come back.

Now, we left off on the last thread discussing about Ash's mom having an appearance or not in the anime. I have a feeling that she'll be properly introduced to Dawn. Either via video phone or in person. I'm still hoping on the second one. XD What I want is Delia and Johanna interacting and sharing stories of their "babies" as a mother would say. x3 Even if it's video phone, this still might happen. It would be cute if either of them said something of how close they are...

Anyway, welcome everybody! :)

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Ah, new management! Hopefully people will be more mature now.

Count me in!

Wait you just can't bark in right up and say that!. Sorry but you must first explain why you like the ship before you can join in. After all the thread is refreshed. So next time please explain why you like the ship before you can say those words because it's agaisn't the rules to spam, thank you very much ^_^

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
pokefan#493 and WGCV23 congratulations for being the new owners!
I come back to post in the old thread only to find out that there was a new thread
well congratulations anyway
Oh and I would like to join the thread

Hmmm...where there is many things but I want to point out how I think they admire each other. It's pretty obvious that Dawn admires Ash (plus she even admitted it!) and Ash admires her a little too, maybe more than May or Misty. I also like how they easily get concerned for each other too when one of them is in trouble or feeling down. Most of all I loved how the directors didn't rush their friendship or just randomly put hints. Their relationship was slowly built up with hints being gradually added in. Plus Ash and Dawn are always featured together on japanese pokemon merchandise so that's a BIG plus for me.

So I hope this thread turns out really well and I hope new pearlshippers join!

EDIT: About 4 more days untill the big episode (I'm talking about DP 138) We're counting on their mothers!

Last edited:

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Wee I must join too [again]! :D
How well their pokemon get along with each other, how well they get along with each other, and when troubles come along, Satoshi and Hikari know the drill.
oh from DP137
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/album.php?albumid=566&pictureid=7416
Were Satoshi and Hikari resting (sitting) against that tree???? That's soo awesome :D :D :D :D

Adelaide1994

The Theorizer
Yeah, the new Pearlshipping thread is in!!
I like how they are so similar and "Chemicals React". Ash and Dawn are the closest main characters. They get along so well without fighting and when either of them lose a battle or a contest, they show their emotions toward one another. I hope we dont get too hyped up toward dp138 even though we are counting on their mothers. Just as Pokegirl16 said, the directors are doing a great job slowly building up Pearlshipping instead of rushing it. I hope this thread will be as successful as the last one. Cheers!!.

Last edited:

ThePokéman09

Wait you just can't bark in right up and say that!. Sorry but you must first explain why you like the ship before you can join in. After all the thread is refreshed. So next time please explain why you like the ship before you can say those words because it's agaisn't the rules to spam, thank you very much ^_^

Opps, hehe. Sorry about that.

Why PearlShipping? Truth to be told, I'm not a true PearlShipper, per se. Neutralshipper, if you will.

Basically, someone like me might be interested a multiships, but have no real opinion regarding whether or not things like this might happen and whatnot.

At first, I didn't really care much for any shipping, but some of these ships, Poké and Pearl especially, started to grow on me (for reasons difficult to explain). And because it's cute... I guess.

So yeah. Tl; dr in a nutshell: because it's interesting.

Last edited:

pikablue

ooh, pretty colors!
Could I please be a member again?:D
I like pearlshipping..well, cause I like it. Dawn's the most interesting of the three girls to me, and they seem cute together, and they actually interact.

TheBlakeDaze

Troublemaker. :).
Let me join too! :D.

I just love the way Hikari cheers for Satoshi in the cheerleader outfit.
(You never see any of the girls from previous seasons going that far for Satoshi in his gym battles!)
I also remember in the Canalave Gym, where Hikari shouts "No! Satoshi will definitely win! He'll be fine!" when Byron's assistant says something about Byron having the upper hand.

What can I say, they're just so cute together. :).

PKLegendHeroe

Looks really nice Pokefan#493 :D

I like alot of stuff about pearlshipping. Ash and Dawn have done alot that could make them confident in themselves and build their friendship more and more until the shippiest hint happens. Mostly inportantly, it seems that in the DP series, Ash and Dawn seem to be centered on whats going on the episodes. them are the heroes.

P.S. I just want to say Thank you guys who supported me and were friendly to me since I started the second thread. I really had fun when i was ruling xD But pokefan#493 and WGCV23 will be your leaders. Remember people to always believe in pearlshipping, it has a very high chance of happening and dont forget to follow pokefan#493's rules.

~Thank you Wil, Pat, ccangelopearl, PK0082, Foxkrystal, sweetpikachu, and everyone else. until next time, good bye and never forget PEARLSHIPPING.~

:)

Looks really nice Pokefan#493 :D

Hehe, thanks. =D I worked hard on making it look nice. ^.^

P.S. I just want to say Thank you guys who supported me and were friendly to me since I started the second thread. I really had fun when i was ruling xD But pokefan#493 and WGCV23 will be your leaders. Remember people to always believe in pearlshipping, it has a very high chance of happening and dont forget to follow pokefan#493's rules.

~Thank you Wil, Pat, ccangelopearl, PK0082, Foxkrystal, sweetpikachu, and everyone else. until next time, good bye and never forget PEARLSHIPPING.~

:)

Thank you for your words towards the members here, PK! The new thread is up and everything is starting up great here. Also, thanks for giving people a heads up for my orders. XD You're very welcome, PK. Me and Wil will try our best to keep this thread alive and from getting messy, so you have no need to worry. ;) I hope you always keep the memory you have of ruling over the old thread (which it IS fun to rule over XD) and all of us here. Again, you're welcome, PK. ^^ And don't worry; we won't be forgetting Pearlshipping (or you) anytime soon. ;D

Welcome new members to the Pearlshipping family! Make sure to follow the rules, try to keep active, and most importantly; have fun!

Also; If anyone would like to share your own AMVs, fanart, fanfics, etc., please make sure to post it/them here (Just make sure to answer a topic at the same time) or PM me. Don't be shy! I'll put it up on the first post for all to see. ;) Thank you!

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
So Welcome in new Members and WB to all the past Members :3. Make sure to follow Rules and most importantly have Fun ^^.

EDIT: About 4 more days untill the big episode (I'm talking about DP 138) We're counting on their mothers!

Now, we left off on the last thread discussing about Ash's mom having an appearance or not in the anime. I have a feeling that she'll be properly introduced to Dawn. Either via video phone or in person. I'm still hoping on the second one. XD What I want is Delia and Johanna interacting and sharing stories of their "babies" as a mother would say. x3 Even if it's video phone, this still might happen. It would be cute if either of them said something of how close they are...

Well the Suspense of whether Ash Mom is going to appear or not is really big :x . Well I still think Satoshi's Mom might appear in person because I think of remember of a scan seen in a Anime Spoiler thread with her appearing in person :X, I don't remember that much. But if she appears via Video Phone it still will be interesting to see her interaction with Hikari and of course if there is an interaction between both moms 8D. That is a great idea of sharing babies stories XD I would imagine how embarrassed Satoshi and Hikari would be to hear them XD. Or they could be childhood friends ;) you don't what might happen in the episode it self but I am not getting my hopes so high. But right now this is episode is sure an interesting one to see of something happens =D .

Originally Posted by PKLegendHeroe View Post

I must say thanks a lot for being here, you helped me a lot when I didn't know nothing out here. Thanks PK!, and don't worry as Pat said we will try our best in here =D. We will surely never forget Pearlshipping and you anytime soon ;).

Last edited:

darklord18

We won't forget you PK, anyway I hope you enjoy life, I won't forget Pearlshipping.

Well the Suspense of whether Ash Mom is going to appear or not is really big :x . Well I still think Satoshi's Mom might appear in erson because I think of remember of a scan seen in a Anime Spoiler thread with her appearing in person :X, I don't remember that much. But if she appears via Video Phone it still will be interesting to see her interaction with Hikari and of course if there is an interaction between both moms 8D. That is a great idea of sharing babies stories XD

Yeah I can't wait, I love it if they tell babies story of there kids, causing both to bush and saying that never happen (come on, it happen to everyone at some point.)

Though I laugh if the childhood thing is done, we could hear of child hood crush story of the other have feeling for the other as a little kid.

anyway I wondering if any of you mind me asking someone to make a banner for the thread?

Adelaide1994

The Theorizer
We won't forget you PK, anyway I hope you enjoy life, I won't forget Pearlshipping.

Yeah I can't wait, I love it if they tell babies story of there kids, causing both to bush and saying that never happen (come on, it happen to everyone at some point.)

Though I laugh if the childhood thing is done, we could hear of child hood crush story of the other have feeling for the other as a little kid.

anyway I wondering if any of you mind me asking someone to make a banner for the thread?

Yeah, I havent known you for so long, but you were a true and patriotic pearlshipper and leader. Good luck in the rest of your life and take care of yourself. I will always remember you and we will share you belief. On the childhood thing. Its better not to be overhyped and take the episode easy. I would love it if either mother mentioned them as a couple.

JPG

damn, its seems like yesterday that i was a member of the first PS thread. oh well. looks like i'll of course join this one too.

well including what everyone else has said, i'd say that dawn and ash are more equals and partners. with misty and may, ash always eclipsed them in some way and they dont really stand with him like that. i see dawn more as ash's equal who stands on the same footing as him. i'd say more but i'm a bit tired.

Hello everyone, I will be keep posting as well.
However, only thing I will be doing is posting pearlshipping related news from Japan. I hope you guys won't mind.

Here's the first news for Pearlshippers.
Story of DP 141 will be written by Pearlshippy writer Tomioka-san.
Thank goodness Tomi-san is writing at least one Futaba Town Festival episode.

Here's quick preview summary from Newtype website.

フタバ祭りのメインイベント・ポケモンバトル大会。優勝者には、トレーナーが腕試しをする施設“シンオウ・バトルフロンティア”を統べる存在“タワータイクーン”のクロツグへの挑戦権が与えられるとあり、サトシも参加を決める。

≫脚本=冨岡淳広

Pokemon Battle Contest is Futaba Town Festival's main event.
Satoshi decides to participate because winner of the Contest will be given an opportunity to battle Sinnoh Battle Frontier's Tower Tycoon Kurotsugu.

>> Story = Tomioka Atsuhiro.

I expect Hikari will be cheering a lot for Satoshi in this episode.
Not to mention she always seem to be really focusing on Satoshi's battle in Tomi-san's episodes just like she did in Shinji Vs Satoshi Full Battle (Yeah that one was written by Tomi-san too).

Last edited:

Roboleon

ロビン
Ah I was waiting for the new thread to show up, so I can come back for posting again :D.

We won't forget you PKLegendHeroe and I hope you will also never forget about Pearlshipping and the threads.

I like the way how Ash and Dawn are concerned about each other if one of them is in trouble or is hurt. I like how they team up in a tag battle or how they have so many things in common. I just like everything about them :D.

Plus Ash and Dawn are always featured together on japanese pokemon merchandise so that's a BIG plus for me.
That is what I really like, it's great to see that Ash and Dawn are always together in that merchandise.

Pokemon Battle Contest is Futaba Town Festival's main event.
Satoshi decides to participate because winner of the Contest will be given an opportunity to battle Sinnoh Battle Frontier's Tower Tycoon Kurotsugu.

>> Story = Tomioka Atsuhiro.
That is great news PK0082, you always keep me happy with your info. :)
Would like to see if he acts the same as Jun (Barry) and I wonder if he shows up in that episode too.

Status
Not open for further replies.