• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
So, Happy PearlShipping Day guys! :)

I suppose the day has already started for many of you, but now it's here for me, so yay! xD. I cannot wait for the developments to come today! :3. So many awesome things to watch, and read, and see. :D.

Yay! This is actually my first PS day as an avid PS...er, so I can't wait!

I'm just so happy at how great this place is, and getting to be happy about this with all of you guys. :D.

That's sweet of you :p

I swore I had tried that. Oh well, time to start looking. AGAIN! :D.

Picture 1 is interesting because I don't think I've ever seen Satoshi wink before! o.o.

Actually, Ash has winked, at Dawn. (can't remember which episode, but it was a reference back to Dawn's wink in the Phione episode).

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Actually, Ash has winked, at Dawn. (can't remember which episode, but it was a reference back to Dawn's wink in the Phione episode).

Well, actually, you don't have to go back that far.

I'm getting more and more anxious about DP185...I mean: if absolutely nothing pearlshippy happens in this episode then it really won't be looking good... and I don't know if I'll be able to draw any positives from it... set-up is great, though. Hopefully Tomioka rose to the occasion.

So it's been 4 years, huh? I kinda wish I had joined the community earlier but only about one year ago I was able to become involved in the Pokemon fandom. Here's hoping we will be given to discuss how relationship between Satoshi and Hikari is developing for a long time... perhaps another 4 years?

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
PEARLSHIPPING DAY IS HERE!!
This is the first Pearlshipping Day I have attended, and I am so happy.
(By the way, what do we do?)

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.

What do we do? Not entirely sure. xD. Be happy. :p.

Well, actually, you don't have to go back that far.

What ep is it? I don't remember.

I'm getting more and more anxious about DP185...I mean: if absolutely nothing pearlshippy happens in this episode then it really won't be looking good... and I don't know if I'll be able to draw any positives from it... set-up is great, though. Hopefully Tomioka rose to the occasion.

If nothing happens, at least it's not a setback. Either way, we'll take it in stride. Tomioka will pull through. :3. Be positive.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General

I'm gonna post links to videos I've found (not from today, but they're awesome nonetheless).

Oh, and about DP185, I'm not thinking about it again until Thursday morning. Then I'll worry all over again :). Here's hoping!

These are PS-y:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkU4LPXUUkM (German music? But this is an epic video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5z_VMREi0 (This is perfect. If you watch any video in this list, make it this one. Sung by Rica Matsumoto, this song details EXACTLY what we want Ash to do. Can someone figure out exactly which song this is and when it was recorded?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP87W6ZdGkM (This YouTuber in general is awesome. This video is also quite good :))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gf5u1K3vUE (I can't remember your Serebii username, MissPsychadelic, but you've done some pretty good PS videos. This one's a bit short, but it's still quite good. I still like your account better for the PS hint videos, but these are very good too :D)

These are just funny and weird:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7vkTHyF7NU (Pokemon + Spongebob. Just watch, it's short)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4yhS5HgJSM (Same formula, even better)

More to be posted later?

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Oh, and about DP185, I'm not thinking about it again until Thursday morning. Then I'll worry all over again :). Here's hoping!

That's probably smart. I think I'll do that too. Kinda looking forward to the ep though, and not just for PS purposes. xD.

These are PS-y:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkU4LPXUUkM (German music? But this is an epic video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5z_VMREi0 (This is perfect. If you watch any video in this list, make it this one. Sung by Rica Matsumoto, this song details EXACTLY what we want Ash to do. Can someone figure out exactly which song this is and when it was recorded?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP87W6ZdGkM (This YouTuber in general is awesome. This video is also quite good :))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gf5u1K3vUE (I can't remember your Serebii username, MissPsychadelic, but you've done some pretty good PS videos. This one's a bit short, but it's still quite good. I still like your account better for the PS hint videos, but these are very good too :D)

First one is Swedish? I think? Or another Baltic language.

Vids from Katsu and Naminesky (MissPsychadelic I believe). Awesome, of course.

Naminésky

oh snap
PEARLSHIPPINNNNN' DAY!!!

Happy happy happy PearlShipping Day everyone :)

I know I promised I would post a fanfic but it's not completed yet. Soooo it'll have to wait for later on today. And to top it all off, the MEP's not posted either... P: which I was looking forward to. Oh well!

This is my first official Pearlshipping Day too. I became a "PearlShipper" at like the very start of 2010. So here's to 8 months of PS~

I'd have to say I started liking PearlShipping because of the really really close relationship the two have. (It's kind of like.... Pokeshipping = "I love you but I hate you" and Advanceshipping = "mentor/student"... and PearlShipping = "best friends"!) Which is strange, considering Ash has never acted this way with a girl he's traveled with before. And I find that in itself significant. Add that to the many cute hints, the "Lyra" arc, High Touch... and you have the most likely Ashxsomebody pairing in Pokemon, in my opinion.

I joined Serebii... hmm, I don't know when (not TOO long ago), after being a lurker for a while. But I already love you guys and this thread :) It's so fun being surrounded by people who support the same 'ship I do and care for it as well. So let this thread live on, even after Dawn stops traveling with Ash... because PearlShipping is awesome.

That is all. :)

EDIT;;
These are PS-y:

More to be posted later?

Naminésky, yup, thanks for clarifying that DU. And thanks for your kind words, Facescar! :) haha I'm still kind of new to this, before I got into PearlShipping I was just a fanfiction author. But making AMVs is addicting. *.* About PearlShipping moments whatever-number-I'm-on, I'm going to start making it once I get back from Florida... wish I could've gotten it up by today, in time for PS Day.

Last edited:

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
PEARLSHIPPINNNNN' DAY!!!

Happy happy happy PearlShipping Day everyone :)

I know I promised I would post a fanfic but it's not completed yet. Soooo it'll have to wait for later on today. And to top it all off, the MEP's not posted either... P: which I was looking forward to. Oh well!

This is my first official Pearlshipping Day too. I become a "PearlShipper" at like the very start of 2010. So here's to 8 months of PS~

Haha, I've only been a PSer since the end of May. I'm not even at 2 months yet XP

I'd have to say I started liking PearlShipping because of the really really close relationship the two have. (It's kind of like.... Pokeshipping = "I love you but I hate you" and Advanceshipping = "mentor/student"... and PearlShipping = "best friends"!) Which is strange, considering Ash has never acted this way with a girl he's traveled with before. And I find that in itself significant. Add that to the many cute hints, the "Lyra" arc, High Touch... and you have the most likely Ashxsomebody pairing in Pokemon, in my opinion.

Yeah, and most of the girls he's like this with eventually start liking him (Angie and Anabel, to name two).

I joined Serebii... hmm, I don't know when (not TOO long ago), after being a lurker for a while. But I already love you guys and this thread :) It's so fun being surrounded by people who support the same 'ship I do and care for it as well. So let this thread live on, even after Dawn stops traveling with Ash... because PearlShipping is awesome.

Haha, definitely. I know the activity will be near zero, but we should all meet back up every once in a while just to keep in touch. You guys are awesome :)

Naminésky, yup, thanks for clarifying that DU. And thanks for your kind words, Facescar! :) haha I'm still kind of new to this, before I got into PearlShipping I was just a fanfiction author. But making AMVs is addicting. *.* About PearlShipping moments whatever-number-I'm-on, I'm going to start making it once I get back from Florida... wish I could've gotten it up by today, in time for PS Day.

Haha, no problem

Oh, that's fine, I wouldn't want to rush you! Are your fan fics posted anywhere we could read them?

TrainerOfLegend

Patiently waiting...

It's time to p-p-p-p-p-p-p-pearlship!

Ah well, I'll keep up with you guys here half hour or so, as I've got 500 chapters I want to read.

catzeye

Writer's Block
HAPPY PEARLSHIPPING DAY PEOPLE!!!

I'm excited to spend the day with you guys. Let's spread some Pearl love around for everyone to see.

I'll be posting my fanfic on Fanfiction.net shortly (Lol I really just woke up).

I baked Pearlshipping Cupcakes! *passes cupcakes around* Lol XP

Edit:- Well here is my fanfic. Seven Takes. Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6156263/1/Seven_Takes

I hope you guys like it!!

Last edited:

TrainerOfLegend

catzeye, we will hear the WinRar of a fanfic contest today.

Anyhow, good day to be a pearlshipper, don't you think Marv?
It certainly is Brett

catzeye

Writer's Block
catzeye, we will hear the WinRar of a fanfic contest today.

Anyhow, good day to be a pearlshipper, don't you think Marv?
It certainly is Brett

I didn't sign up for the fanfic contest. It said it was supposed to be one-shot...

My story is a bunch of little drabbles.

TrainerOfLegend

My story is a bunch of little drabbles.

Cool! Cant wait to see!

Anyhow, what have been your favorite shipping moments of our two chaste heroes?

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Cool! Cant wait to see!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, where to start...

The Wallace moment where Dawn looked at Ash after Wallace mentioned love (kinship in the dub).

Dawn's internal monologues of how great Ash is.

Tanks for the memories (all three moments, when Ash runs outside, when Dawn's crying, and when they had the ice-cream date).

Hikari's concern for Ash whenever he was in danger (especially with Chimchar-Infernape)

The moments when Ash or Dawn tried to get to help each other before the arm of Brocko stopped them.

Dawn's look for Ash at the end of the Summer Beach School Episode

The movies (sans 13... :()

The Lyra moments (awesome)

Piplup's daydream (DP 164)

The high-fives.

What'd I miss?

-EDIT-

The Post-Paul Performance by Dawn to cheer Ash up :) (Sometimes I'm worried that Ash is trying to do too much)

When she helped Ash train Gliscor in his last (until Paul's battle) episode.

The Croagunk Festival (Dawn hiding behind her :D and the ask to dance D: )

Last edited:

catzeye

Writer's Block

I have more than one so...

1. Their argument when trying to catch that Gible. (Ash: I know you are but what am I!) Priceless.
2. When Dawn made that show to cheer up Ash after losing to Paul
3. Dawn hiding behind Ash when all those Croagunk appeared out of nowhere.
4. Anytime they high five.

Those are my top four. It was hard to choose. Ash and Dawn are so adorable together.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Let me start off by saying..

Happy Pearlshipping Day, Pearlshippers!! ;D

I'm so freaking excited about this. This is the first Pearlshipping day that I've actually been a part of. Can't get any better then that, can it?
I posted the 6th chapter of Ice Box, if anyone's interested. And again

Now, for the topic :D

I actually have a lot of favorite shippy moments for these two! :D

For starters, the deep bond that they have. They're so close and the high fives prove that. No one was even nearly as close to Ash as Dawn is. That's also another why Ash and Dawn are so meant to be together in my opinion.

I also love the cheerleading uniform Dawn wears to cheer Ash on in his gym battles. It's just so cute. NO ONE can express their faith in Ash then Dawn in my opinion.

And how can we forget the episode where Lyra became a notable Pearlshipper. Lyra noticed that Ash and Dawn have a deep bond and she even put Ash in a new light that Dawn didn't see before. I just love those hints.

And High Touch! That song is also a big hint in my opinion. It shows just how close Ash and Dawn are to each other. They're like seriously inseparable. I just love the bond they have :)

So, yeah, those are my personal favorite hints.

Again...

HAPPY PEARLSHIPPING DAY!!!! <3

Last edited:

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer

It's funny because as long as I'm here, I didn't have an occasion to answer this one of the most apparent questions.

---

I originally intended to really respond to this topic, but I gave up. It's beyond my capabilities. There are too many to choose from. I just can't pick, say - three or four of them. In fact, I would have to re-watch/read summaries of all DP episodes + movies in order to make a decent list. Besides, even though some of the moments have bigger impact on the show, they are equally important in my book. Sometimes, when I see Ash and Dawn just walking side by side - that's enough reason for me to be happy.

That being said, I hope that the best SatoHika moments still await us.

Ash and Dawn are so adorable together.

Aren't they?

No one was even nearly as close to Ash as Dawn is.
They're like seriously inseparable.

This is irrefutable truth.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
I posted the 6th chapter of Ice Box, if anyone's interested.

I'm reading chapter 6 now (loading problems), but I just read the first five chapters and loved it! :) I like the whole stream of consciousness / multiple personality style you have! I think it works especially well for this type of story-line.

Also, even though you seemed to think you were struggling with it, I think you've handled Ash's POV sections pretty well.

One suggestion overall, and don't take this too negatively because I really like your writings, you tend to repeat yourself on major points 2-3 times over. This helps a ton to represent how a character is feeling, or how they're obsessing inside over some issue, but overuse will start to annoy readers. I think at the very least try to vary the phrases (like my heart broke into a million pieces, which was repeated verbatim 3 times over in chapter... 4?). That's about it! (Oh, one more thing, guys like me often think they understand what someone's saying, so they'll tune them out, but in reality they're just ****ing themselves over because they don't really get it yet. Especially around the 16 threshold you put Ash at (yay personal experience...), I had/have very little patience when I'm stressed over something as big as a girlfriend breaking up with me. I might just repeat phrases to get them to shut up, especially if I don't want noises around... (I sound like a brat, huh? :) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.