• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalladeX

Hi everyone! ^_^
I've decided to, y'know, join the Discussion of one of the most awesome 'Ships, kay?

Oh...
HAPPY PEARLSHIPPING DAY!

<3
I figured I'd join on Pearlshipping day ^^

Anyhow, what have been your favorite shipping moments of our two chaste heroes?

I loved how Dawn tried to cheer Ash up after he got pwned by Paul. It was so sweet of her. ^^
Then of course, there was that time in Rise of Darkrai where Ash held Dawn's hand where she wouldn't fall. That was cute.
Hmm...I liked in O'er the Rampardos We Watched! where Dawn dresses like a cheerleader and cheers for Ash.

I'll be posting some Pearl fanart on my Deviantart (the link is in my signature) later today, so if you wanna check it out.../Not advertising AT ALL X3

Naminésky

oh snap

So many to choose from... but I'll pick one movie / one anime scene.

Movie; Rise of Darkrai, thank you very much. I love the falling scenes; Dawn falls, Ash tries to pull her back up... and then Ash falls, Dawn tries to pull him back up. Kind of resembles the whole idea of "High Touch"-- 'I'll push you/pull you back'... so I love Rise of Darkrai just for those scenes!

Anime; My favorite hint changes a lot... but today I like that scene in the early Wallace Cup episodes when Ash is training and Dawn thinks ; "Wow, Ash is amazing. Blahblahblah". I just love that.

And... High Touch. Self-explanatory. And recently I saw a person on YT that posted: "I like this song. So glad it's about ASH AND DAWNS FRIENDSHIPPP, nothing more." (they then went on to list all of the AshxMisty songs they could think of) But really, it is a very very shippy song. Like, "wherever I go, your smile is always there". I love my best friend but truthfully I do NOT see her smile everywhere I go...

TrainerOfLegend

"On a road, far from home
You don't have to feel alone.

Brave and strong, together we will be
It's our destiny!"

LOL for some reason i just love Pokemon Themes, and Galactic Battles is one of my favorites.

catzeye

Writer's Block
^ I like that too TrainerOfLegend.

I think that all the Japanese Sinnoh Openings somewhat hinted to Pearlshipping.

High Touch is the most obvious one. I mean seriously? You can't deny that there is shippyness there. Whether if someone thinks it's friendshippy or romantic you can't deny there is Pearlshipping there.

Janovy

Banned
Happy Pearlshipping Day, once again. Too bad my post got ignored. :D Uh, never mind.

Here are my favorite moments in no particular order.

Dawn dressed as a cheerleader in Ash's rematch of the first gym battle.
2. Ash asking Dawn if she got something in her eye. xD
3. Ash and Dawn moments in movie 10. <3
4. In the Wallace Cup episode, when Wallace mentioned the importance of love, you all heard of it.
5. Every time Ash and Dawn gave each other a high five.
6. The SONG, High Touch, the unbeatable proof of Pearlshipping.
7. Dawn defending Ash in front of Byron.
8. Ash defending Dawn (twice) from Ursula.
9. 'Uncrushing Defeat', the episode speaks for itself.
10. When Ash asked Dawn to dance.

GOD, THERE ARE SO MANY. :D I'm gonna stop at my top ten. And yeah, High Touch was the most evident hint.

PKPrincess

HAPPY PEARLSHIPPING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh... It's soooo hard to list them all! Most of them are my favorites, but the best ones are the times Dawn's dressed as a cheerleader (like ben pokemon said), their hi-5s, + High Touch.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Ben, you didn't get ignored. We're just so happy we all said it. xD.

I cannot get enough of reading these fanfics. Just awesome. :). We've got some great writers here.

Well every single moment is awesome... Let's list 10... In no order.

1. Cheerleading during the gym battles, mainly vs Volkner though, perhaps Roark.
  2. Miltank Cafe ep: Dirt?
  3. Wallace Cup arc: the love part, Dawn saying how incredible Ash is, her reactions to Ice Aqua Jet and his contest outfit
  4. Uncrushing Defeat
  5. The really early maze ep, when Ash was worried that Dawn was trapped and hurt in the maze. Shows how fast their relationship built.
  6. The hot milk from the Daybreak contest.
  7. The Piplup's thoughts, mother-father element, DP164
  8. Rise of Darkrai, M10
  9. High Touch, of course.
  10. Lyra/Kotone, Johto Festa arc

*munches down one of catzeye's cupcakes*

Also, kudos to anyone else who went around in real life saying happy PearlShipping day. xD.

Last edited:

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Okay, I've definitely missed quite a bit here, and... oh well, I say this (for the second time in my life here)
HAPPY PEARLSHIPPING DAY, FRIENDS!
As a fellow pearlshipper, I have to mention that Dawn and Ash are definitely going to stay together for the length of the show.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Happy Pearl Day Pearlshippers.Still loving the pearlshipping.I hope this doesnt end but cant deny it.Pearlshipping will forever be in our hearts no matter what.I'm glad that you all stay strong and hopeful I will be writing fanfics soon.I will finish Force into Love as a Pearl Day gift to you all.

Kdude146

Happy Pearl Day Pearlshippers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is my first Happy Pearl Day ever and so far I am loving it and I hope next year at this time we can all do this again and never stop being Pearlshippers

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
What the..... I didn't even know today was PearlShipping Day!:D Well Happy PearlShipping everyone, my first one too.:)

Rise of Darkrai, and High Touch..... most definitely.

I've got a hunch, so here is a new question:

Since Dawn is most likely leaving, would it be awesome if Dawn went to Kanto's Grand Festival & Ash went to Isshu, & when they finish they return to Kanto where they stay together?

I'll eleborate a little more. So in the DP Finale Episode, Dawn does not want to leave Ash but both of them have different travel plans. Dawn decides to go to kanto, while Ash goes to Isshu, then they promise to be together after they finish their journey there they return to Kanto where the 2 stay. Also, constantly, through Ash's journey through Isshu, they stay in contact.:D

PePer

Happy PearlDay everyone. It's been a while since I joined our great community and without any doubts, I will never regret my choice. I want to thank everyone for supporting PS, without you PS would never exist here.

-Tanks for the Memories episode, ice cream date was really heart warming.
-Movie 9, no need to explain.
-Our Cup Runneth Over! episode, Dawn's comments about Ash and part with Wallace.
-Johto saga, with Lyra and Khoury.
- High Touch (lol I can't believe that I forgot it)

Since Dawn is most likely leaving, would it be awesome if Dawn went to Kanto's Grand Festival & Ash went to Isshu, & when they finish they return to Kanto where they stay together?

Sad but true, Dawn is likely departing. If so, Dawn should go to Kanto and what I can see is that Dawn and Ash both will promise each other to meet again as Champion/Top Coordinator. That would hold back Dawn's cameo in BW saga but at the end..."insert fantasies here".

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Pearlshipping Day!!!

Happy Pearlshipping day :) :) :)
1. The amazed look Dawn has when Ash comes to save Pikachu from TR for the 1st time in Sinnoh. (I think this could be a hint but thats just me)
2. Their personal high touchs.
3. Wallace cup when Dawn looks at Ash when Wallace talks about love.
4. Maze episode when Ash wanted to save Dawn because he thought an Onix was using wrap on her lol.
5. Movie 12 when Ash and Dawn alone battled Marcus together and protected each other.
6. Ash asking Dawn to dance and her holding him during the Crogunk march.
7. When Ash and Dawn trip and fall on each other during "Setting the world on it's Buneary" (The camera is focused on Pikachu but if you pause and look you can see that they fall on one another.)
8. Ash saves Dawn from her charging Mamoswine.
9. Dawn cheerleading for Ash in the 1st and 8th gym and cheering him on during each Gym battle.
10. When Dawn rejects Kenny's deal to go with him and when Dawn says no to Zoey so she can support Ash.
Bonus: Their wedding day ;)
Since Dawn is most likely leaving, would it be awesome if Dawn went to Kanto's Grand Festival & Ash went to Isshu, & when they finish they return to Kanto where they stay together? No because I'm still waiting until B&W comes out to be sure but I guess that would be nice.
Say Dawn is confirmed in B&W, would she go with Ash and get there with him or would she come on a later episode? I think Dawn would go with Ash instead of coming later on. I actually think Dawn will replace Brock as Ash traveling buddy/love. ;) It doesn't hurt her chances that she can cook. (Well only poffins from what we see but I'm sure she can make other things.)

aipomadvanceshipper

Happy Pearlshipping day!
High Touch
Dawn in her cheerleading outfit
When Dawn was wondering if her contest were holding Ash back
Calling Ash incredible
Dawn saying that she will win the Contest for both her and Ash
Dawn rejects both Zoey(ha,ha) and Kenny(double ha,ha) to go cheer on Ash
Dawn's cheering and ignoring everyone at the Sinnoh League
Ash telling off Ursula
Ash giving Dawn a weird look as if to say, "Is this true?" Dawn gives him a smile and a wink, saying yes and starts the show
Calling Dawn number one
All their High Fives
The Pizza Promo

Last edited:

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
1.The time in the Roark/Ash episode where she cheerleads him.
2. When they first met (maybe not so much Pearlshipping, but you know...)
3. And the rest.

How do you upload a banner? I would love to do one. Maybe not a good one, but for practice. I would like to do a Pearlshipping Day one.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
1.The time in the Roark/Ash episode where she cheerleads him.
2. When they first met (maybe not so much Pearlshipping, but you know...)
3. And the rest.

I like reason #3 the best. It sums everything up nicely. :3.

How do you upload a banner? I would love to do one. Maybe not a good one, but for practice. I would like to do a Pearlshipping Day one.

You have to upload it to an image hosting site, then you can link to it from here.

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
I like reason #3 the best. It sums everything up nicely. :3.

You have to upload it to an image hosting site, then you can link to it from here.
Yeah it pretty much sums it up.

Aw cr@p! I was going to load one.
It wouldn't be much, but a purpleish/reddish background with the stretching words "Pearlshipping Day 2010!". It would be my first attempt at one.

Unfortunately, my friends, Pearlshipping day is nearly over.
I would like to say good night, because I will be staying off of Serebii for the night. Continue the festivities tomorrow maybe :)?

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Aw cr@p! I was going to load one.
It wouldn't be much, but a purpleish/reddish background with the stretching words "Pearlshipping Day 2010!". It would be my first attempt at one.

Do it anyway! I want to see it. :).

Unfortunately, my friends, Pearlshipping day is nearly over.
I would like to say good night, because I will be staying off of Serebii for the night. Continue the festivities tomorrow maybe :)?

Just because Pearl Day is over doesn't mean we can't be happy! The festivities will continue past today, it just won't be called PearlShipping Day festivities! :).

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Just because Pearl Day is over doesn't mean we can't be happy! The festivities will continue past today, it just won't be called PearlShipping Day festivities! :).

Haha, that's the spirit! Especially if DP 185-187 turn out the way we hope :).

Besides, I've still got a few hours left of PS day, I'm just gonna savor it :).

Smilies :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kdude146

ya I think Dawn sould see Kanto so she know's what Ash's home land looks like and to get use to it becuase someday she will be living there with Ash and I know she will come see Ash in Isshu but her reason to come to Isshu will be to enter the couples tag battle Tournament and she wants Ash to be her partner this will work out cuz Iris and the new boy will enter togheter and Brock and Holly and Lyra and Khoury will show up and in the end Ash and Dawn will win and she tells him she will see him again in his home town and they will both watch each other on T.V.

Do you all think that they should give Dawn a spin off?

I would love a Dawn spin off and watch her travel Kanto with new friends a girl going for the Kanto league and a boy going for the new thing from black & white and even new TR members after them I wold all so like to see her go to Johto for a contest called the Jokato Cup where the winner can use the ribbon for the Kanto or Johto Grand Festival and the new boy thats with her will hit on her but she will tell him that their is someone else and when she goes to Isshu the will come with her and the new TR members that are after them will stalk them to Isshu and team up with the only 3 TR members that are in Isshu

Status
Not open for further replies.