• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawlbankai

Experiened Trainer
First time posting on this site and shipping in general, but here goes

As I am from the first generation, I was a pokeshipper for a long time, that is until I saw Diamond and Pearl, and I instantly liked this pairing (high touch later sealed the deal). Dawn is my favorite of Ash's/Satoshi's companians and I love their relationship :D

Do u think that Ash will ever have the guts to ask Dawn out?

As much as I would love to see this happen, it probably never will unfortunately. As said by Hikatoshi26, they refuse to let Ash grow up. The best we will get is hints here and there, but that's about it :c

DarkIceBubbles

View attachment 8857<----- click here to see the pic
i got really bored so i decide to make Ash and Dawn i kid!! ^u^ i work hard on it.
Her name is Amber, she start out on her journey with her partner pokemon Pachirisu.

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

View attachment 8857<----- click here to see the pic
i got really bored so i decide to make Ash and Dawn i kid!! ^u^ i work hard on it.
Her name is Amber, she start out on her journey with her partner pokemon Pachirisu.

The attachment doesnt work.

kirlia07

I always loved pearlshipping from the start because Ash & Dawn always had this connection...especially when the last episode where dawn left Unova where Ash waved to her continuously just like how she waved to him when he left Sinnoh.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death

http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/art/Pearl-Ash-Carrying-Dawn-94805985 (second URL quoted)

^This is now officially my favourite Shipping fan art as of now. Even as I trawl the Advance and PearlShipping threads (WHAT??! A double agent?! Impale him with maximum prejudice!)

lmao I love it when poke/advance/negaishippers post in here thinking we're gonna shun them or something for coming into the pearl thread and contributing. we're chill with everyone as long as the rules are followed so no worries~

Anywho I was talking with a friend about Pearlshipping today and I suddenly remembered this fic I read years ago that kinda stuck with me for a while, and I was reading it again today and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it sometimes got. I mean it's a good fic - putting aside the obvious grammar errors that it has - because of how accurately it depicts the panic of body swapping and all of the awkward moments in it haha. If anyone's interested it's called Heart Swapped and wow it's been forever since I read it xD;;;

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
Hey, Ship-to-Ship Combat can get pretty ugly real quickly in Real Life. My statement is just there to poke fun at the kind of people who escalate things to the ridiculous. My interest in the Shippers Community in general started because I was bored and wanted to see what the people of SPPf are discussing. I went with the Ash pairings (despite not liking the dub character's whiny voice, because why not?). I then read about the music (especially High Touch! which was the only reason I rewatched the anime, and even so I watched the Chinese-subtitled original version).

Regarding the music, High Touch! is the reason why I support the PearlShip. I have not watched much of the anime (work can take a lot out of you, and my Chinese source, while safe and reliable, suffers slowdown in the evening when the whole of China uses the website. Living in the same time zone as China sucks.) but there is quite a good case for PearlShipping.

I don't have a One True Pairing (I don't use OTP because I read it as One Time Password), but feel free to convince me to have one.

DarkIceBubbles

lmao I love it when poke/advance/negaishippers post in here thinking we're gonna shun them or something for coming into the pearl thread and contributing. we're chill with everyone as long as the rules are followed so no worries~

Anywho I was talking with a friend about Pearlshipping today and I suddenly remembered this fic I read years ago that kinda stuck with me for a while, and I was reading it again today and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it sometimes got. I mean it's a good fic - putting aside the obvious grammar errors that it has - because of how accurately it depicts the panic of body swapping and all of the awkward moments in it haha. If anyone's interested it's called Heart Swapped and wow it's been forever since I read it xD;;;

I actualy read it and it made me laugh and cry. It was so cute alwell. Whoever made that should make a second seires. dont u agree?

Hikatoshi26

Regarding the music, High Touch! is the reason why I support the PearlShip. I have not watched much of the anime (work can take a lot out of you, and my Chinese source, while safe and reliable, suffers slowdown in the evening when the whole of China uses the website. Living in the same time zone as China sucks.) but there is quite a good case for PearlShipping.

I don't have a One True Pairing (I don't use OTP because I read it as One Time Password), but feel free to convince me to have one.

I love Hi Touch as a song and the fact it is the pearlshipping anthem makes me happy. I like the full song on Movie 12. After seeing that I just don't know how it can't become a canon pairing (if they ever made canon pairings.)

Hey everyone, I'm a long time pearlshipping fan! I created a pearlshipping video a couple years ago, but unfortunately, it was taken down recently ): It was called Goodbye Days. I would reupload it but I don't have the video anymore as I made it back in 2008 haha.
I've been wanting to make a new pearlshipping video but just haven't had the time. I started to make one back around 2010-2011 and just found some unfinished clips of what I did while I was cleaning my computer today. I made a little gif of a scene I particularily liked:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/ddamagedgoods/pearlshipping1_zps60f69b67.gif

I hope pearlshipping stays strong! It's still my favorite shipping, even after all these years :)

Quantum1024

Flaming Death

Barring the obvious grammar errors (I managed to gloss over them by reading very quickly) and patchy buildup, I found the fanfic to be quite an entertaining read (A delectable mix of cuteness, sadness and WTF over the Freaky Friday switch). However, I doubt I could judge the plot properly because I spent most of the time thinking about how many seconds (not minutes nor hours) it would take for Brock to realise the Freaky Friday switch if I were the one in Ash's place, and that because I glossed over it too quickly to prevent my Grammar Nazi tendencies from surfacing (the last point was distracting enough). The last part might be a bit heart wrenching (I don't know, actually, but it seemed to me that way), but people who have not had a romantic relationship would probably never understand it (I didn't, if you were wondering).

The only reason I found the last part of the fic quite tragic (at least for dedicated PearlShippers/Ash x Companion girl of the season shippers) is that what Dawn said is pretty much true for the past seasons in the Anime, him having left behind Misty, May, Dawn, and now Iris to travel to far-flung regions (I wonder who he will join in the new region?). This makes you wonder if Ash is really that dense (as in not able to pick up romantic cues) or if he is actually actively burying his feelings for his travelling partners (which would be very tragic).

Last edited:

dragonwarriorz1

PKMN MASTER JAKE

No, I don't think he will. I doubt that Ash will ever see Dawn again, and if he does, it will just be like their meeting in Best Wishes. Nothing is going to happen. :(

SmellYaLater

No, I don't think he will. I doubt that Ash will ever see Dawn again, and if he does, it will just be like their meeting in Best Wishes. Nothing is going to happen. :(

You never know they could write her back in but i don't think we will see dawn again either sadly or Brock :(
What would be awesome is a spin off series for each characters journey like dawn and maybe all she will talk about to her new friends(if see finds any) is Ash :p
But again highly unlikely :(
I miss Diamond and pearl -__-

Hikatoshi26

You never know they could write her back in but i don't think we will see dawn again either sadly or Brock :(
What would be awesome is a spin off series for each characters journey like dawn and maybe all she will talk about to her new friends(if see finds any) is Ash :p
But again highly unlikely :(
I miss Diamond and pearl -__-

I miss DP as well. I can see a way they write her back in. When Ash gets to Kanto Dawn could show up for an arc to retrieve her Ambipom in vermillion City or to do Kanto Contest while Ash goes to pokefrance. Also I can see Dawn going to pokefrance since she stopped traveling with Ash to do the pokestylist stuff and what place is better for fashion than France? I can see the possibilities but Alas I doubt it will happen no matter how popular piplup and dawn were in Japan.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/ddamagedgoods/pearlshipping1_zps60f69b67.gif

I hope pearlshipping stays strong! It's still my favorite shipping, even after all these years :)

Awesome gif! <3 Sorry to hear about your videos, though. I hate it when my favorite Pearl videos get taken down eventually. There were some good ones out there that I wish I'd have saved in the past, but oh well. :(

Btw you wouldn't mind if I shared the gif on tumblr would you? I'm positive the Pearlshippers over there will love it. I'll make sure to link to your photobucket if you want credit~

The only reason I found the last part of the fic quite tragic (at least for dedicated PearlShippers/Ash x Companion girl of the season shippers) is that what Dawn said is pretty much true for the past seasons in the Anime, him having left behind Misty, May, Dawn, and now Iris to travel to far-flung regions (I wonder who he will join in the new region?). This makes you wonder if Ash is really that dense (as in not able to pick up romantic cues) or if he is actually actively burying his feelings for his travelling partners (which would be very tragic).

It is pretty tragic, at least for the shippers, but I'm pretty ok with the fact that Ash makes new friends and departs with his old ones eventually. It's how life is. However we all know that he keeps a special place in his heart for everyone no matter where he goes or how far he is. As for his denseness, I'm not sure. I don't think he's ever fully grasped the notion of love and romantic feelings, though at some point he could have had feelings hidden deep down that even he couldn't understand at the time. Maybe it's both? Denseness at love in general and at his own feelings, if he had any to begin with.

Anyway, as a Pearlshipper, I firmly believe he had some sort of feelings for Dawn throughout their travels. Maybe he still has them, but isn't too sad about not being with her since he believes that, no matter what, he'd be able to see her again since he got used to saying goodbye to friends he managed to meet up with again. This is why Dawn was much more heartbroken at their first separation than Ash was. He was confident that they'd meet up and travel again (which they did for a bit in BW). We all know how optimistic his outlook on life and friendship in general is~

Lmao I think Dawn would be the one to initiate the first date. XD

Joking aside, I don't think he'd ever do that in canon. However in some alternate universe where the writers actually made a ship canon, he could have a chance. He would still have to get over his denseness anyway no matter the circumstances lol.

ashiemore

Hi everyone, this is not only my first time posting on Serebii.net, but my first time posting on a forum ever, and I'm super happy I can make it about PearlShipping. I've read over the rules about 20 times trying to make sure I don't get in trouble for anything, 'cause we wouldn't want that, would we?

I've always found it strange that with all the time I've watched pokémon and played it, and all the shippings that I have supported in all that time, Pearlshipping is the only one i'd ever actually want to be canon. I really can't see ash ever asking anyone out, and if one of the two of them were to initiate something between the two of them, I think if would be dawn.

Also when I saw may and misty leave ash I really didn't care if they came back or not because ash never seemed to develop a lasting strong bond with either of them. I also think that its kind of strange how in the BW serires iris decides to invite herself instead of asking anyone first.

As all us Pearlshippers do, I really wish they would bring dawn back to ash at some point in the future, but that's very unlikely to happen so we should probably just all hope that the large range of pokémon fans stays wide enough that the creators will continue to make more things for the fandom until everyone just gets bored of it.

Sorry if I went a bit off topic there, but also hope 'twas a good first post.

~ashiemore

Quantum1024

Flaming Death

Assuming there was such thing as a canon pairing, it is not the question of whether Ash has the guts to ask Dawn out (I'm sure he has), but more like who would more likely be the one who takes the initiative. My money would be on Dawn asking first.

I have read about other shippings, but I have sensed that there was not much chemistry between Ash and the Traveling Companion Girl of the Season in the competing shippings (PokeShipping or AdvanceShipping), though I have considered AdvanceShipping before. Ash and Dawn complement and support each other very well, and I shall note again the de facto PearlShipping anthem High Touch. The exchange in High Touch is definitely beyond the stuff that "just friends" will say (the romantic overtones are so obvious an autistic person* could pick it up), so either Ash and Dawn have feelings for each other, or it is some mega friendzoning.

http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/art/Pearl-Ash-Carrying-Dawn-94805985 (second URL quoted)

^This is now officially my favourite Shipping fan art as of now. Even as I trawl the Advance and PearlShipping threads (WHAT??! A double agent?! Impale him with maximum prejudice!)

^Also, someone please shred my man card, because I have viewed the photo 5 times and I still squee (or d'awwwwww; I'm confused as well. No puns please!) over them (in my head at least) every time I see that picture. Or get me insulin for that diabeetus it caused. Even though I am 19, and work as a military clerk. The comment above is my own comment from earlier on in response to a fan art recommendation.

*In case you were asking, yes, I am autistic. That's why I am a clerk and not a soldier.

Last edited:

Luthor

unless they let ash grow up then probably not. But i could see ash impulsively asking dawn out somewhere but I don't think he'd realise what he had done til cilan or brock explain later.

Hikatoshi26

unless they let ash grow up then probably not. But i could see ash impulsively asking dawn out somewhere but I don't think he'd realise what he had done til cilan or brock explain later.

That would make sense for any shipping involving ash. Ash did ask Dawn to dance and spent a day at a theme park with Iris he has done stuff like that and thought nothing of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.