• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashiemore

Maybe we should compile an entire list of Pearlshipping hints or something?

I really like that idea! But there are almost too many just to make one list of all of them. Maybe it would be easier to make a list of all the completely obvious ones, and then if there's more room, we can add some of the less obvious ones. I myself am working on a list of things that make PearlShipping a lot better than any other ship, and having a long list of hints would certainly help. I've just realized that most of the hints for other ships are kind of ambiguous or accidental, while the Pearl ones are straight up. Just more reason to support it!

~ashiemore

Hikatoshi26

Yeah doing a list for Pearlshipping sounds like a worthwhile endevor albeit a little daunting because there is a lot and a good amount of it can be subjective. I can most def. head up that though I have all the episodes of Pokemon I'm sure I can make something and most of mine of original all the more easier lol.

BlueDragonfangirl

I've always enjoyed those high five moments, I loved the one in the Wallace Cup tournament the best, the music during that scene and slow motion showed that a lot.
Ontop of that, when Kenny had Dawn chose between traveling Kenny or Ash and show went with Ash HAHA, too bad English dubbed ruined that but I ignore that part *Sigh* Jappanese version did that scene better in my opinion.

karczx

I think not enough attention has been focused on her BW appearances and her interactions with Satoshi.

A lot of them seem to be quite vague or something. Only attention was given to the first two episodes of her appearance, the rest were not as focused on her.

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

I think not enough attention has been focused on her BW appearances and her interactions with Satoshi.

A lot of them seem to be quite vague or something. Only attention was given to the first two episodes of her appearance, the rest were not as focused on her.

Yeah there wasn't much shipping in the BW2 cameo just in the first 2 episodes. That was alright with me because there was enough pearlshipping in DP and also there was pearlshipping in the first BW opening. I was just happy to see Hikari again :)

ashiemore

I've started watching D&P again just to find all the Pearl hints. Should I count the fact that Dawn has this shocked and worried expression on her face when Ash goes up Team Rocket's mecha to rescue Pikachu? I mean, she doesn't even know him, and it might just be a look of surprise, but I want to know whether I should include it or not.

Also, I had a chance yesterday to rewatch the ninth movie, but I really didn't want to because o all the AshxMay stuff in it. My faith as a Pearlshipper cannot be broken. XD

~ashiemore

Hikatoshi26

I've started watching D&P again just to find all the Pearl hints. Should I count the fact that Dawn has this shocked and worried expression on her face when Ash goes up Team Rocket's mecha to rescue Pikachu? I mean, she doesn't even know him, and it might just be a look of surprise, but I want to know whether I should include it or not.

Also, I had a chance yesterday to rewatch the ninth movie, but I really didn't want to because o all the AshxMay stuff in it. My faith as a Pearlshipper cannot be broken. XD

~ashiemore

You can include it as a subjective hint. Ash has that moment with all the females. You can say she was worried for him or just worried for his reckless actions. The 9th movie was still a good movie Advance stuff nonwithstanding lol. Plus the big hint in DP 03 is when she straight offers to go with him and Brock instead of using an excuse to go like Misty and may or just tagging along like Iris. (Not Bashing just stating fact....) Also, look at the lyrics to Together and Kimi no soba de the Op and Ed that can fuel more hints for ya just in Ep. 03 alone lol.

DarkIceBubbles

What is your favorite Ash/SatoshixDawn/Hikari moment in the anime?
My favorite ash and dawn part is in Rise of darkrai, when they do the "fall scene". I love it when one is about fall, the other instantly panic or hold there hand which is soooooo cute and romantic for me.

Me and my friends love to watch it and wat we did is combined ash and dawn and crated Dash. We think it so funny the couple name but it the onlything we got from it. Pearlshipping will live and advance, neggia, and expacly poke will all die

brawlbankai

Experiened Trainer
Me and my friends love to watch it and wat we did is combined ash and dawn and crated Dash. We think it so funny the couple name but it the onlything we got from it. Pearlshipping will live and advance, neggia, and expacly poke will all die

Funny name :D As a common courtesy, try not to say stuff like the other ships should "die", as that tends to start things that shouldn't happen in the first place

As for the movies, I haven't had a chance to rewatch them yet, but plan to this week-end. Should I watch #12 Japanese dubbed or English dubbed?

Hikatoshi26

Funny name :D As a common courtesy, try not to say stuff like the other ships should "die", as that tends to start things that shouldn't happen in the first place

As for the movies, I haven't had a chance to rewatch them yet, but plan to this week-end. Should I watch #12 Japanese dubbed or English dubbed?

True no bashing of other shippings please. even if Pearl is your OTP respect the others. Watch movie 12 in Japanese the english one does not have Hi Touch! and that is the lionshare of the Movie 12 shipping besides the water flirting hehe.

karczx

Ideally, it's best to watch shows subbed because dubs tend to downplay Pearlshipping or somehow diminish its appeal, especially when the original writers spent a lot of time promoting the ship so a lot of the hints are overt yet at the same time, their close relationship is intended to be implied.

PAP_0004.jpg

unicorn burrito

Ideally, it's best to watch shows subbed because dubs tend to downplay Pearlshipping or somehow diminish its appeal, especially when the original writers spent a lot of time promoting the ship so a lot of the hints are overt yet at the same time, their close relationship is intended to be implied.

View attachment 9046

I have to agree with you on this. Subbed animes are so much better than dubbed.

Oh, and I'm new here. Nice to meet you all! :)

unicorn burrito

Welcome! What do you like most about Pearlshipping?

I like the fanart the best. Some of it is so darn cute :D

Speaking of that, do we have any artists? I have a great idea for fanart, but I'm bad at drawing -_-'.

karczx

I wish I could draw well, but I haven't drawn for years.

I seem to think the Japanese DP movie endings have varying degrees of subtle Pearlshipping, but it really depends on the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXbNMHHJDo
This one (ONE by Crystal Kay) seems to be the most shippy based on the lyrics, that actually is the best out of all the DP movie endings, possibly the best Pokemon movie Japanese ending of all time.

While this one sounds depressing based on the lyrics, especially since it's the last movie for DP series. It made me tear up a little, but it's alright.
Ice Cream Syndrome by Sukima Switch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D25irfnbiY

This is a little more neutral, Antenna of the Heart by Shouko Nakagawa. It's okay, but in my opinion, the lyrics and the music felt a little stale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOBxKrsRU3o

Another song, Konna ni Chikaku de by Crystal Kay (obviously not a Pokemon movie ending), but this time it's an AMV/MAD, based on one of the ending songs for Nodame Cantabile. But it is a very popular song amongst all kinds of shippers to make AMVs with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PQ-E7_I64

Sometimes, talking about it and the thought of being afraid of never seeing Hikari again in the anime makes me feel a little depressed. I should take my mind off of it some time. ;)

Hikatoshi26

I wish I could draw well, but I haven't drawn for years.

I seem to think the Japanese DP movie endings have varying degrees of subtle Pearlshipping, but it really depends on the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXbNMHHJDo
This one (ONE by Crystal Kay) seems to be the most shippy based on the lyrics, that actually is the best out of all the DP movie endings, possibly the best Pokemon movie Japanese ending of all time.

While this one sounds depressing based on the lyrics, especially since it's the last movie for DP series. It made me tear up a little, but it's alright.
Ice Cream Syndrome by Sukima Switch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D25irfnbiY

This is a little more neutral, Antenna of the Heart by Shouko Nakagawa. It's okay, but in my opinion, the lyrics and the music felt a little stale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOBxKrsRU3o

Another song, Konna ni Chikaku de by Crystal Kay (obviously not a Pokemon movie ending), but this time it's an AMV/MAD, based on one of the ending songs for Nodame Cantabile. But it is a very popular song amongst all kinds of shippers to make AMVs with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PQ-E7_I64

Sometimes, talking about it and the thought of being afraid of never seeing Hikari again in the anime makes me feel a little depressed. I should take my mind off of it some time. ;)

Movie 12 ending ONE by Crystal Kay is an amazing song. In the movies the lyrics with the more overt shipping hints in the openings. Look at the full lyrics to Together and Hi Touch also look the lyrics to Best wishes. The anime endings Kimi no soba de, Kaze no message, and also lalala in my heart lol.

karczx

Hikari's cameo had some plot holes, but still somewhat pearlshippy.

1) How did Satoshi know beforehand about the Wallace/Mikuri Cup in Johto? He also knew what tournament she was going to be in off the bat! He's in Isshu of all places, there aren't any contests there at all.

2) Iris and Dent have heard about 'Pokemon Coordinators' before but only from Satoshi, probably when he was talking about Hikari. So I'd assume that outside of the episodes, it's implied that he talks about Hikari (and how great a Coordinator she is) a lot.

3) Why wasn't Satoshi surprised that Hikari was leaving for Blackthorn City?

4) Also, no mention of her progress in the Hoenn Grand Festival was revealed.

Given how the writers intended for it to be a uniquely different ship, I guess they still showed something subtle. That said, that's a great development from the writers. So not all is mostly negative from her cameo. They still showed that they care for her character and they certainly do build up on Pearlshipping. Well, the main reason why she seemed different was because of how BW is a different series than DP, especially in which Hikari started using Iris' 'such a kid' jest at Satoshi just to tease and surprise him as always. Saying all that made me feel a little better.

Hikatoshi26

Hikari's cameo had some plot holes, but still somewhat pearlshippy.

1) How did Satoshi know beforehand about the Wallace/Mikuri Cup in Johto? He also knew what tournament she was going to be in off the bat! He's in Isshu of all places, there aren't any contests there at all.

2) Iris and Dent have heard about 'Pokemon Coordinators' before but only from Satoshi, probably when he was talking about Hikari. So I'd assume that outside of the episodes, it's implied that he talks about Hikari (and how great a Coordinator she is) a lot.

3) Why wasn't Satoshi surprised that Hikari was leaving for Blackthorn City?

4) Also, no mention of her progress in the Hoenn Grand Festival was revealed.

Given how the writers intended for it to be a uniquely different ship, I guess they still showed something subtle. That said, that's a great development from the writers. So not all is mostly negative from her cameo. They still showed that they care for her character and they certainly do build up on Pearlshipping. Well, the main reason why she seemed different was because of how BW is a different series than DP, especially in which Hikari started using Iris' 'such a kid' jest at Satoshi just to tease and surprise him as always. Saying all that made me feel a little better.

The Mikuri cup is a annual regional rotation tourney. It started in Hoenn sometime during AG went to Sinnoh were Hikari won. Next was Johto and Kanto.

Also, it was implied Satoshi and Hikari talks outside of the series because he was like you could have contacted me when you were in Isshu. It was cool that Satoshi talks about Hikari to Iris and Dent but then again she is vaguely mentioned in Best Wishes lyrics....

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Hi!
As you can see, I'm new to this thread, although I have read through quite a few of all of your posts. I am a hardcore Pearlshipper and this thread seems to be one of the most active and rich in good pearl analysis, so I was wondering if I could join this thread. Thanks.

LizardonX

Banned
Hi!
As you can see, I'm new to this thread, although I have read through quite a few of all of your posts. I am a hardcore Pearlshipper and this thread seems to be one of the most active and rich in good pearl analysis, so I was wondering if I could join this thread. Thanks.

Everyone is welcome. So long as they don't openly diss pearl. So enjoy yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.