• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Everyone is welcome. So long as they don't openly diss pearl. So enjoy yourself.

Thanks, pokemonsquared. Don't worry though. I wouldn't ever diss pearl. Whether it is openly or in my mind.

Hikatoshi26

Thanks, pokemonsquared. Don't worry though. I wouldn't ever diss pearl. Whether it is openly or in my mind.

Welcome to the thread. Feel free to say your theories and feelings on pearlshipping we all do :)

karczx

Welcome to the thread~~~

It'd be nice if we all worked together on working on compiling Pearlshipping hints from episodes/movies. I'd split it into several hint groups:

They would be like this
Episode Hints (or Movie Hints)
Episode #xxx (or Movie)
Pearlshipping rating from 0-5
Satoshi Hints (if any)
Hikari Hints (if any)
Interesting quotes (if any; might be arranged in order of Satoshi or Hikari hints)

Any potential hints would be listed as confirmed or subjective. Confirmed meaning that it is NPOV while Subjective is POV.

The way how Bulbapedia arranges it is too confusing and its separates episodes by episodes, having to cycle back and forth.

Also possible:

Hypothetical implications
Similarities concerning the ship
Hints outside of the show
Notable Pearlshippers (divided into Confirmed and Subjective; A confirmed example would be Lyra/Kotone; who is an overt, canon Pearlshipper; while a subjective example would be more disputed and not generally considered canon)

Question:
What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping? (Anime openings/endings or anything similar to that are definitely options!)

Old site that I found
http://friend.45.kg/satohika2/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w_yEUOO9Qc

Hikatoshi26

What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping?

Mine is "the One" by Crystal Kay the ending to Movie 12. I love that song and it is certainly the first song I hear when I think about pearlshipping. Hi Touch is a close 2nd.

Also, i would love to compile at pearlshipping list. I may start it....

brawlbankai

Experiened Trainer
Question:
What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping? (Anime openings/endings or anything similar to that are definitely options!)

I'll have to say Hi Touch, at least for now, may change whenever I get around to actually watching the movies. Hearing about "the one" really makes me want to watch them. Unfortunately I haven't had the time :(

As for the pearlshipping list, I'd love to help, but again, I just don't have the time. I'll look through and post whatever I find relevant in my free time :D

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
I would also say Hi Touch, since the lyrics are quite shippy, and the harmonics also have that romantic feel to them.
Ice cream syndrome is also romantic (and is from Ash's viewpoint), but the lyrics where it says ' a jet plane tearing the blue sky in half' worries me. It is what happened in Dawn's goodbye in Unova. What does this mean for Pearlshipping?

xEryChan

Demon Child
Hello there, Pearlshippers. Been a while but I'm back now.

What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping?

I'm gonna have to say High Touch. That song is just the ultimate Pearlshipping hint, IMO. The lyrics are very shippy if you ask me and it's kind of hard not to think about Pearlshipping when listening to it.

There are some other songs that make think of Pearlshipping when I listen to them but High Touch just takes the cake.

ashiemore

Hi again everyone. Sorry i haven't been on in a while, but I'm back now. :D

I like Hi Touch, but I haven't listened to that in a while. If I ever get around to watching the movies that might change, but for now my knowledge of Pokémon music is very small. My D&P series watch has come to a halt because I can't get on the computer I was watching on can now not be accessed, and I don't know any other way I can watch the episodes. I'll try to look up more hints on the web in the meantime, but for now that might be all I get.

~ashiemore

cf16polo

hi, this will sound crazy but i have been reading all this comments about the pearlshipping since like when Best wishes season 2 was announced, but i have never gave my opinion before can i join to the conversation? ;392;;488;;245;;306;;424;:537:

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

hi, this will sound crazy but i have been reading all this comments about the pearlshipping since like when Best wishes season 2 was announced, but i have never gave my opinion before can i join to the conversation? ;392;;488;;245;;306;;424;:537:

All are welcome. If you wanna talk AshxDawn this is the thread lol. Welcome!

ashiemore

Is it just me, or are there a lot more people coming on to this thread than usual(including me)? I'm not complaining, because its great and its always better to have more cotributing to the thread. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome to all the new people on here.

~ashiemore

Hikatoshi26

The more the merrier I'd say. It always fun to have like minded people to chat about pearlshipping.

brawlbankai

Experiened Trainer
Is it just me, or are there a lot more people coming on to this thread than usual(including me)? I'm not complaining, because its great and its always better to have more cotributing to the thread. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome to all the new people on here.

~ashiemore

I was thinking the same thing lol

anyways, I would also like to say welcome to all the new people as well, I'm fairly new as well, so lets all get along :D

cf16polo

well even throught that i considerate my self veteran in this conversation (since i have been reading all comments that everyone posted from like 2 years ago) i was thinking does everyone think that the ending "Te o Tsunagō" means that pokemon will end ? what are going to happen if dawn does not appear any more in the series ? :/ :/ i wont even think about it, what would happen to pearlshipping?

Hikatoshi26

well even throught that i considerate my self veteran in this conversation (since i have been reading all comments that everyone posted from like 2 years ago) i was thinking does everyone think that the ending "Te o Tsunagō" means that pokemon will end ? what are going to happen if dawn does not appear any more in the series ? :/ :/ i wont even think about it, what would happen to pearlshipping?

Pokemon will end not anytime soon though. If Dawn never returns then we would be just like Advance and Pokeshippers hoping for a change of heart and bring her back lol. I still believe we havent seen the last of Dawn though.

unicorn burrito

Pokemon will end not anytime soon though. If Dawn never returns then we would be just like Advance and Pokeshippers hoping for a change of heart and bring her back lol. I still believe we havent seen the last of Dawn though.

I agree. Even several seasons later, we're still seeing Misty and May. Pearlshipping will live on!

karczx

All we can do is pray and hope. Though in all honesty, if you asked me if they were really going to send her off the series like that, especially if some half-assed cameo if she isn't ever going to come back? Come on... Other than that, maybe it's a sign of hope that she'll come back again, which is why Satoshi wasn't that worried if she left. In fact, Satoshi never even expected to see her in Isshu compared to Haruka in Sinnoh, where she was expected. Other than that, if Satoshi were to be coupled with someone, it'd better be damn well be Hikari, there couldn't be a better pair than SatoHika. And she was even the co-star of the show alongside Satoshi. I'd love to seem them again together.

Hikatoshi26

All we can do is pray and hope. Though in all honesty, if you asked me if they were really going to send her off the series like that, especially if some half-assed cameo if she isn't ever going to come back? Come on... Other than that, maybe it's a sign of hope that she'll come back again, which is why Satoshi wasn't that worried if she left. In fact, Satoshi never even expected to see her in Isshu compared to Haruka in Sinnoh, where she was expected. Other than that, if Satoshi were to be coupled with someone, it'd better be damn well be Hikari, there couldn't be a better pair than SatoHika. And she was even the co-star of the show alongside Satoshi. I'd love to seem them again together.

Yeah I always leaned on the fact that in DP 191 Dawn was gonna go to Kanto with Ash until the Pokestylist ppl called. On both times she left Ash he never said Sayonara meaning good bye(in most cases more permanently) he said Ja Mata(see you later) Also the fact she came to Unova on a whim upon learning Cynthia was going there so she went to Unova stopped by Nimbasa and left Cynthia to run into Ash lol. Misty and May were both already heading to Hoenn or Sinnoh and contacted Ash to meet up. I am still holding out hope she will return past the BW2 cameo.

UDI

Orange Hero
Hi!

there will not be if anyone noticed this, but in the screenshots of Pokemon X / Y, the display of the status of the pokemon (which shows the attacks) can be seen at the bottom, a section for what appears to be a section for the ribbons, can this be a return of the contests? and if so, you think Dawn return to the anime? (as part of the main cast of course)

Attachments

• may_p5_4_es.jpg
    may_p5_4_es.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.