• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cf16polo

considerating that the poll says the truth what does that mean?, it´s a official poll from nintendo or it was made just by a fan?
the producers read this kind of website to considerate and determine what to do in the future?

Hikatoshi26

considerating that the poll says the truth what does that mean?, it´s a official poll from nintendo or it was made just by a fan?
the producers read this kind of website to considerate and determine what to do in the future?

No it was a fanmade poll so I wouldn't put any official bearing to it. Just their are alot of Hikari fans just like any pokegirl. I doubt the producers keep up with the fan pulse at all why would they?

karczx

No it was a fanmade poll so I wouldn't put any official bearing to it. Just their are alot of Hikari fans just like any pokegirl. I doubt the producers keep up with the fan pulse at all why would they?

Well, they haven't forgotten how big Pearlshipping is in Japan and how popular Hikari is there. And they probably would intend Hikari to come back because they'll 'meet each other again'. I think they are keenly aware of such things even though well, I can't say for certain. To my knowledge, the only Pokemon ship so far in Japan to have a website dedicated to it is that mint Pearlshipping fansite and its sister sites (its BBS and its secondary fansite). Though during the DP years, they really did dedicate A LOT of time to having subliminal Pearlshipping hints scattered everywhere, especially outside of the anime series in Japan. Thus some kids who grew up with Diamond and Pearl grew up thinking that Ash and Dawn were inseparable. The concept behind Dawn's personality and ideals, being an overtly feminine Ash, also made girls idealize her character just as boys did about Ash's character.

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

Well, they haven't forgotten how big Pearlshipping is in Japan and how popular Hikari is there. And they probably would intend Hikari to come back because they'll 'meet each other again'. I think they are keenly aware of such things even though well, I can't say for certain. To my knowledge, the only Pokemon ship so far in Japan to have a website dedicated to it is that mint Pearlshipping fansite and its sister sites (its BBS and its secondary fansite). Though during the DP years, they really did dedicate A LOT of time to having subliminal Pearlshipping hints scattered everywhere, especially outside of the anime series. Thus kids that were raised on DP were ingrained with the idea that Ash and Dawn were inseparable.

Yeah I agree with that as well. I watched DP in japanese the entire duration of it Raw before it was subbed 3/4 way through. I also picked up on the promotion of Satoshi's/ Hikari's relationship romantic or otherwise it was closer and more developed by the writers and marketers than any other Ash/anyone relationship. I just no matter what we see only time will tell also everyone sees things differently we would say sublimial hints and someone else would say "your reading too much into it." I still believe Hikari is returning the writing is on the wall from everything I've seen from watching the original version.

karczx

BW for instance was intended to be a reboot series, but they added in the 'unexpected' appearance of Hikari to settle for that. As much as I disliked it, they still haven't managed to forget Pearlshipping along with the constant parallels between Satoshi with Oshawott vs Hikari and Piplup throughout BW even when Hikari wasn't around. Maybe it was because of lazy animation or whatever, maybe i'm reading too much into it, but the similarities are too similar that I just can't seem to ignore them. I just can't help it.

Hikatoshi26

BW for instance was intended to be a reboot series, but they added in the 'unexpected' appearance of Hikari to settle for that. As much as I disliked it, they still haven't managed to forget Pearlshipping along with the constant parallels between Satoshi with Oshawott vs Hikari and Piplup throughout BW even when Hikari wasn't around. Maybe it was because of lazy animation or whatever, maybe i'm reading too much into it, but the similarities are too similar that I just can't seem to ignore them. I just can't help it.

Yeah I feel ya whenever I see stuff that harkens back to Pearlshipping or anything in BW or BW2 I always get excited but try to watch my optimism. If you watch the Japanese 14th and 15th movies and look at the lyrics to the ending songs especially the 15th movie you can surmise that Pearl is being harkened too.

cf16polo

Yeah I feel ya whenever I see stuff that harkens back to Pearlshipping or anything in BW or BW2 I always get excited but try to watch my optimism. If you watch the Japanese 14th and 15th movies and look at the lyrics to the ending songs especially the 15th movie you can surmise that Pearl is being harkened too.

2 things, the first why do you think that the ending of movie 15th is about dawn and ash?, i mean there is even a daijobu, hai taichii or something with you could help your opinion, (dont misunderstand me i would love that would be true) and second can someone can be so kind to put the lyrics here? (sorry if my english is bad even though i practice my english i can´t improve it yet for the moment )

Hikatoshi26

2 things, the first why do you think that the ending of movie 15th is about dawn and ash?, i mean there is even a daijobu, hai taichii or something with you could help your opinion, (dont misunderstand me i would love that would be true) and second can someone can be so kind to put the lyrics here? (sorry if my english is bad even though i practice my english i can´t improve it yet for the moment )

Here are the lyrics and yes there is a daijobu in the lyrics which is why I began thinking it also movie 15 came out in between ep. 4-5 of BW2 in the middle of Hikari's cameo.

(japanese)
つないでた手のひらを
夜空へ伸ばしても
キミには
ふれられないね

寂しさにそめられた
昨日には
もう さよならしたいよ・・・・
Wanna stand by myself

伸びてく影に Say bye bye

Believe our way
ハナレバナレ
それでも
心はつながってると
教えてくれたキミの
笑顔を空に浮かべながら
今日も眠るよ
Good night my dream

悲しみの数だけ
人は優しくなれるみたい
だからもう泣かないよ

君に預けたままで
忘れようとしてた宝箱
今開けよう

She has 声出して Say hello

Believe our way
今は会えない
それでもいつかは笑えるよね
見える風もまとう星も
すべてが見守ってくれるから
信じてみるよ
Good night my dream

明日のためにSay bye bye

Believe our way
ハナレバナレ
それでも
心はつながってると
教えてくれたキミの
笑顔を空に浮かべながら
瞳閉じるよ

夜空は色を変えて
いつかは朝を連れてくるから
今日もキミを思いながら
揺れる風と共に歌うよ
きっと大丈夫

(English)
Good night my dream The palm of the hand that I hold
Even as I extend it to the night sky
To you
I still cannot touch

While I am imbued in loneliness
With yesterday
Sigh, I really want to say goodbye
Wanna stand by, myself

To the growing shadow, say bye bye

Believe our way
When we are apart
But still
I feel our souls are connected
To you, who taught me
To smile while floating in the sky
Tonight I'll sleep too
Good night, my dream

When I count the amount of sorrows I have
Seems like people have the ability to be nice
So really, I won't cry

I entrusted myself to you
The treasure box you've been trying to hide
Let's open it now

She has, to speak up, say hello

Believe our way
I cannot meet you
But someday, you will laugh
The wind and stars I see
All of them are watching over me
I guess I will believe it
Good night my dream

For the sake of tomorrow, say bye bye

Believe our way
When we are apart
But still
To you, who taught me
I'll close my eyes

The colors changing in the night sky
Someday I'll bring the morning with me
While I think of you today
Sing with the swinging wind
It definitely will be all right
Good night my dream

(Credit Bulbapedia)

SmellYaLater

Here are the lyrics and yes there is a daijobu in the lyrics which is why I began thinking it also movie 15 came out in between ep. 4-5 of BW2 in the middle of Hikari's cameo.

(japanese)
つないでた手のひらを
夜空へ伸ばしても
キミには
ふれられないね

寂しさにそめられた
昨日には
もう さよならしたいよ・・・・
Wanna stand by myself

伸びてく影に Say bye bye

Believe our way
ハナレバナレ
それでも
心はつながってると
教えてくれたキミの
笑顔を空に浮かべながら
今日も眠るよ
Good night my dream

悲しみの数だけ
人は優しくなれるみたい
だからもう泣かないよ

君に預けたままで
忘れようとしてた宝箱
今開けよう

She has 声出して Say hello

Believe our way
今は会えない
それでもいつかは笑えるよね
見える風もまとう星も
すべてが見守ってくれるから
信じてみるよ
Good night my dream

明日のためにSay bye bye

Believe our way
ハナレバナレ
それでも
心はつながってると
教えてくれたキミの
笑顔を空に浮かべながら
瞳閉じるよ

夜空は色を変えて
いつかは朝を連れてくるから
今日もキミを思いながら
揺れる風と共に歌うよ
きっと大丈夫

(English)
Good night my dream The palm of the hand that I hold
Even as I extend it to the night sky
To you
I still cannot touch

With yesterday
Wanna stand by, myself

To the growing shadow, say bye bye

Believe our way
When we are apart
But still
To you, who taught me
Tonight I'll sleep too
Good night, my dream

So really, I won't cry

Let's open it now

She has, to speak up, say hello

Believe our way
I cannot meet you
The wind and stars I see
Good night my dream

For the sake of tomorrow, say bye bye

Believe our way
When we are apart
But still
To you, who taught me
I'll close my eyes

The colors changing in the night sky
Someday I'll bring the morning with me
While I think of you today
Sing with the swinging wind
It definitely will be all right
Good night my dream

(Credit Bulbapedia)

This is why pokemon in Japanese is so much better. They practically got rid of half the Pearlshipping hints in the dubbed version.

karczx

This is why pokemon in Japanese is so much better. They practically got rid of half the Pearlshipping hints in the dubbed version.

If you were to ask me, it's preferential bias by the localization/dubbing teams. To them, it's about removing *cough* the 'competition' *cough*.

They could've gave Dawn a better voice for the English dub but they made her more annoying to make Dawn appeal less to dub watchers. Megumi Toyoguchi is a good example of picking out right seiyuu for the right roles.

The Japanese writers still care about Pearlshipping, and I think Dawn was their favorite girl they had to work with. Most Pokemon promotions in Japan during Gen 4 revolve around Ash and Dawn together (with their Pokemon). I don't think you see this anymore, at least until they bring back Dawn.

Last edited:
If you were to ask me, it's preferential bias by the localization/dubbing teams. To them, it's about removing *cough* the 'competition' *cough*.

They could've gave Dawn a better voice for the English dub but they made her more annoying to make Dawn appeal less to dub watchers. Megumi Toyoguchi is a good example of picking out right seiyuu for the right roles.

The Japanese writers still care about Pearlshipping, and I think Dawn was their favorite girl they had to work with. Most Pokemon promotions in Japan during Gen 4 revolve around Ash and Dawn together (with their Pokemon). I don't think you see this anymore, at least until they bring back Dawn.

I am not sure if they care for Pearlshipping, but they care for Dawn that's for sure. She was pretty popular... and I guess that's pretty good for us PearlShippers. But I seriously wish Pokemon were more shippy. I mean I would have loved more of the stuff we had when Lyra appeared. Lyra teasing if Ash is her boyfriend, Lyra asking whom Dawn would pick of the three. etc. etc.

I'd love Dawn to return and hopefully if she comes back(which might not happen)...I'd want them to somehow get rid of Pochama. That guy is annoying and ruins Pearlshipping for me. Then I'd prefer few shipping moments in the canon. Even dense people can have romantic moments, right? :p

l think people both like dawn and pearlshipping arenot they?

People who like Dawn can also be Ikarishippers or comakarishippers like me (I still prefer pearl though :p).

Hi everyone! I've been reading this PearlShipping thread for a while now and I'd love to join! No one seems to be answering this question anymore so I guess I'll take a shot:

What do you like about PearlShipping? (As said in the first post of the thread)

My answer to that is how innocent their shipping is. Both Satoshi and Hikari are dense (Satoshi more than Hikari) and their personalities are so similar. I would like to think they're in love with each other without really knowing it. After all, they're constantly high-giving each other and encouraging each other (Hikari with the cheer-leading, Satoshi with watching all of her contests). Plus, they look really cute together!

On a separate note, I don't mind other shippings. I think other shippings are really cute (like Advance and Coma) but at the end of the day, I have to go with Pearl :3

Top 5 Hints:

1. In the BW2 Season, when Hikari tells the group she's going to go back to Johto for a "special contest," Satoshi intuitively knows it's the Mikuri Cup without her ever telling him. (Just shows how well they know each other!)
2. In the tenth movie, Satoshi basically saves Hikari from that fall off the balloon. I remember squealing over that. >.>'
3. In the twelfth movie, Satoshi and Hikari are splashing each other with water. I squealed here too lol.
4. I'm not sure of this counts but I'll do my best to explain. The song "Ice Cream Syndrome" at the thirteenth movie was really sad and happy at the same time and I basically felt that this was a tribute to Satoshi's and Hikari's close friendship next to the song "High Touch." Just listen to the ending! It sounds so sad yet happy at the same time which reminds me of how Satoshi and Hikari are sad to leave each other yet happy they spent all of the time together. I know the lyrics don't seem to resonate with the SatoHika pairing at all, but I thought of it this way: the lyrics definitely show that there is one-sided-ness, having the text use first person to describe one's thoughts. This could possibly be Hikari's viewpoint or even Satoshi's (though it's probably unlikely) subconsciously feeling this way towards one another. Welp, I dunno how much sense that made but I hope I got my point on this one across.
5. The episode where Hikari put on that really weird and funny circus act for Satoshi after he lost his full battle with Shinji.

On a final note, it's interesting how the previous posts talk about how the ending songs for both movies in the BW season are basically this reminiscent-like dedication towards the SatoHika pairing. I never thought of it that way, because I was probably too lazy to even notice something like that. But now that I look at the lyrics it really sticks out like a sore thumb. That said, I really do feel like Satoshi and Hikari subconsciously miss each other a lot more than they do consciously. In fact, I would say it's more of Hikari's sidepoint but maybe I'm looking into that too far lol. Anyways thanks for bringing that interesting point up! I'll highlight some of the things that really freaked me out. Actually, it's more of a mini-analysis of selected verses, but I wanna share my thoughts on them anyway.

With yesterday
Wanna stand by, myself
- sounds like Hikari's POV here, considering Hikari was lonely after Satoshi and Takeshi left at DP191

Believe our way
When we are apart
But still
To you, who taught me
- also sounds like Hikari here, having Satoshi give confidence to Hikari in all of her contests and whatnot
Tonight I'll sleep too
Good night, my dream

So really, I won't cry
- the ending scene at DP191, where Hikari is about to cry and Satoshi's like "Daijoubu!" This one really brought my attention.

Let's open it now
- this line reminds me of how Satoshi is the only one who shares high-fives with her and that's their "treasure box" because it's technically physical contact between Satsohi and Hikari. After all, we've never seen Satoshi physically high-five anyone else in the anime. Well, maybe that's not a logical way of looking at it. It does say "Let's open it together" so I'm probably wrong there.

Believe our way
I cannot meet you
The wind and stars I see
- the hope that the two may see each other one day and possibly travel with each other (though we don't know how if it'll happen, the producers/writers of the anime really keep surprising us with new surprises. Everyone keeps predicting what will happen in the other forums/threads and their predictions are usually wrong no matter how confident they seem)
Good night my dream

I'm not sure how accurate Bulbapedia is, considering a lot of people have said that their translations are inaccurate or whatever. When I first read that I went "Whoa!" So yeah, thanks. :3 When I have time, I'll answer the other questions from the previous posts.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I guess It's been a long time since I post hereXD Anyways, I just wanna drop by and show this doodle of mine..http://uta-makoto-chan.deviantart.com/art/Reminisce-374353392
Oh yeah, I've seen new members as well, welcome guys!:)

That's so cute! I don't have a deviantArt so I'll just comment via this post. I love how it's just a simple doodle/sketch, and for some reason, it just seems so natural and relaxing! Maybe it's because you didn't really draw Satoshi's eyes so it made it look really ambiguous (in the best way possible). And I love how that high-five is drawn, even though it's back to back and not really palm to palm. I still like it a lot though! Really good job! :3 I will never be able to draw well at all. My talent lies in music/languages/sounds in general. :p

Hikatoshi26

That's so cute! I don't have a deviantArt so I'll just comment via this post. I love how it's just a simple doodle/sketch, and for some reason, it just seems so natural and relaxing! Maybe it's because you didn't really draw Satoshi's eyes so it made it look really ambiguous (in the best way possible). And I love how that high-five is drawn, even though it's back to back and not really palm to palm. I still like it a lot though! Really good job! :3 I will never be able to draw well at all. My talent lies in music/languages/sounds in general. :p

All are welcomed to the Pearlshipping thread provided you're a Pearl fan :) Also I love your analysis on the lyrics of Memories I posted it is similar to how I picked it up and the translation is pretty accurate I don't know about other songs but its pretty accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.