• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemongeof

So its been a while, do u guys remember me?

So anyways,
When in different regions, do you think Dawn and Ash keep an eye on how each other are doing or do you think they focus on their own goals and try not to think about each other too much?
If we are talking for real, id say they would focus on their goals. But if they were to mature pokemon, then yes. And that would be never.

So i need a favor again, after being away for so long i've almost lost my passion for Pearlshipping. I would like a fanficton please. Some of the best, and something not to fancy. Just a real good and Pearlshippy Fic

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
My Almost Easy story is drawing to a conclusion, in fact I am having the last 7 or so chapters or so as a fast paced ending, then I have a few ideas after this story as to what I would like to do with PearlShipping, but I need an idea, I might do something with the Kalos region, since the Kalos regions does seem to suit Dawn in someway, so a PearlShipping story featuring the 6th generation would be really nice.

tzhaa

You're the author of Almost Easy? I'm the author of 'Ash and Dawn: The Unova Chapter' :) Dunno if you've read it.

I'll be posting a sequel to my fic in the Kalos Region, as its definately a Dawn area. I wish she was a part of the main cast but I honestly don't mind Serena.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
So i need a favor again, after being away for so long i've almost lost my passion for Pearlshipping. I would like a fanficton please. Some of the best, and something not to fancy. Just a real good and Pearlshippy Fic

Search up IceArceus on fanfiction net using the author filter. My fanfics aren't too bad.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
So its been a while, do u guys remember me?

Good to see you again. A long while for this place to get things around also, due to the excitement of XY. Six days left for that to officially begin, so before the shift completely start, I'll begin today wit this topic.

What are your top favorite Pearlshipping episodes?

It can be any number you wish, and let's not include movies as I think we can all agree that one stands out from the rest. However, if you think another movie is better, feel free to express your reasons and hopefully we can discuss it. I'll start things off by giving you my own personal choices.

Just a quick note. If you see different numbers concerning certain episodes (ie. DP 133/131), allow me to explain. Diamond and Pearl in Japan revealed 2 clip episodes talking about the previous adventures since the arrival of Sinnou. These clips, which don't progress with the series whatsoever, are counted towards the entire DP series exclusively for Japan, meaning the total number of episodes are 191, while the rest of the world has 189.

Oh, and another note. SPOILERS!!!!!! For those who may not have watched these episodes yet.

So without further ado, here are my Top 11 Favorite Pearlshipping Episodes.

Memories are Made of Bliss (DP 191/189)

Ah, Diamond and Pearl. A new beginning of the series where new Pokemon are waiting to be met, so many places to explore, and incredible battles to look forward to. Let's step inside into the region of Sinnou, where we are introduced to... wait a minute. This is the last episode of Diamond and Pearl!? Why did this begin like the first episode? All right. Let me back up a little here. *sigh* Yes, this is the last episode. This series was so much fun to watch and such a memorable journey. It has done many categories correctly from the growth developments of our two stars to the most creative performances whether it's battles or appeals. We start off this episode in Dawn's house where Dawn, Ash and Brock are staying for the day until they set sail towards their home region, Kanto. Before that happens, we see Piplup torn apart because he does not want to be seperated from Ash and the others and a little tidbit of Team Rocket's next assigned mission. The episode wraps up with Ash and Dawn sharing their symbolic high five, Ash shouts out the word of encouragement to Dawn when the ship starts to sail (4 words in english; don't know about the other translations) and him and Pikachu part ways with Brock for his goal is now to become a Pokemon Doctor. I like the fact that the two stars still keep their teamwork in play when Team Rocket attacked again forming Pikachu's Volt Tackle and Piplup's Hydro Pump together in one massive offense. One I personally enjoyed was the way Ash reassures Dawn from afar, as he seem to know she's sad they're parting ways, letting her know one day they will meet again.

Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times (BW 086)

This is the only one in the next series, Best Wishes, that I've chosen for this list mainly because of this one scene. Best Wishes is the series after Diamond and Pearl and was talked since the beginning to be the "reset" of the Pokemon series. The payoff? Not very satisfying, but I'll let you decide. Once we see Ash, Pikachu and his new comrades Iris and Cilan, along with Cynthia from DP, reside in the Champion's cottage to train in some tournament called the Junior Cup, we see one of my favorite scenes and reappearance of Dawn. Introductions from the trainers and from their respective Pokemon also comes forward in the blink of an eye is a Pokemon called Meloetta. What brings this mysterious creature to our travelers is not known other than just... being there, I guess. Next scene comes into play where Cilan intercepts Ash's wish to battle Dawn and decides to battle against her himself to witness the abilities of a Pokemon Coordinator. The battle is performed in spectacular appearances, Cilan marks his usual review of his opponent, and the battle was inconclusive, ending the episode with Team Rocket interacting with their plan. I was smiling at the scene where Dawn snuck up behind Ash and playfully stayed behind him when he was trying to find the person who poked at him. When he did turn around, they were really glad to see each other again, giving themselves the trademark high five. It's great to see their friendship remain intact after being away from each other for so long and seems Ash is so eager to battle Dawn to show her his progress. The rest of the story following this, I'll leave you to observe.

A Rivalry to Gible On (DP 145/143)

Last time, 2 new characters, Lyra and Khoury from Johto region, join the group temporarily sight-seeing around Sinnou located near Lilypad Town where Dawn's next destination is. While traveling, the 5 travelers stop by the Pokemon Center where nearby a roudy Gible is loose. Doesn't cause trouble to the center, but it proved to be cleverly difficult to fight against. A contest started out with Ash and Khoury trying to catch the walking mini shark from chasing it to fishing it. On grass, just so you know. From the fields to a cave and the final showdown outisde of the cave's entrance, the victor goes to Khoury. We see Ash and Dawn arguing for a bit due to his arrogance that dropped him to a wild Trapinch's Arena Trap (sure that isn't Sand Tomb? Eh). Another short moment of them is after Ash, Dawn, Lyra and Khoury got seperated due to many unfortunate events, Ash found Dawn first leading to Khoury finding Lyra, the 2 pairs regrouped and got out of the cave where IT shows up.

Team Shocker (DP 061/060)

Continued off from a previous episode(s), we start off with Turtwig practicing his new technique Energy Ball (though personally I would prefer Seed Bomb to keep the anime stay in sync with the new game mechanics of physical, special and others introduced by the Diamond and Pearl games, but I digress). At the same time, we see Dawn's new Pokemon Ambipom practicing their techniques to enter the upcoming Pokemon Contest. Once the day arrives, we see all the Coordinators strut their stuff (three of them gaining the main focus) to once again pass the performance stage. Sadly, our heroine Dawn, twice in a row from previous episodes beginning from the Hearthome Contest, did not pass the first stage. Unlike the previous contest, Dawn does her very best to lift her own spirits up as much as she can before her depression overtook her. Also included in this contest is Dawn's childhood friend Kenny, shown from the prior episode, who... lost in the finals of the Contest Battle (I don't think it's known if he has any Ribbons at this point, is it?). Zoey comes into play after the day of the contest and Kenny's departure, and gives Dawn a quick lesson concerning her performance used yesterday and its major weak point. The episode ends with them departing seperate ways from Zoey and the journey goes on. This episode sparked my interest towards Ash when he saw Dawn's fist shaking after the performance results. I've never seen him have such a strong connection and share the same sadness to other people. Usually it's him connecting to the Pokemon. But this is the first time in all of the series I've viewed from the Classic Series towards DP Series that I've witnessed Ash have such a strong connection of another person. I felt even more invested in Ash and Dawn's progression and friendship from seeing this scene. The development feels real and the downsides of their journey wants me to support them more so they can reach their goals.

Settling a Not-So-Old Score (DP 026)

The episode prior to this episode introduces one of Dawn's childhood friends, Kenny. Your smug and jerk person which is seen many times in Pokemon, Kenny is also a Coordinator and is in the same position as Dawn, holding no Ribbons in the case. It also reveals him nicknaming Dawn "Dee Dee", which she holds a grudge and does not want to go into detail of its existence. Coming back to this episode, we witness Dawn's performance stage in Floaroma Town, following from the end of last episode, has one of Dawn's new Pokemon panicking due to stage fright. With quick-thinking from the Coordinator, she succeeded in her appeal show and relieved from her worries after she reaches to the battling stage. Once again, the battle is well-executed with offenses turned into defenses and unlike the previous series where we see defeats similar to our usual battles, this Contest Battle can also end if one has more points over the other. I like how Ash is so curious of Dawn's nickname and he continues to bug her of that. Sadly for us she won't reveal it now, but thank god this will be one of the few explained later, compared to SOME OF THE REST IN THE SERIES THAT REMAINS UNANSWERED.

Yes in Dee Dee, It's Dawn (DP 161/159)

Here's the "long awaited" issue concerning the last episode of this list. Here, the trio arrived at Baybreak Town where the surely last contest to win the final Ribbon takes place. Along the way is the return of the mean girl Ursula, another of Dawn's rivals from... a bunch of episodes ago, DP 114/113. We meet with her 2 new Pokemon Plusle and Minun, training for the performance or battle stage. Dawn seems to be quite fearful against these 2 Electric-Types, making her hair go "Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle". It is revealed that due to her younger days in school where she chased and grabbed Plusle and Minun, they shocked her in order to be released resulting in her hair sparkling. Thus, the name Pikari (Hikari, the Japanese name, and Pika, which is the sparkles) or Dee Dee (short for "Diamond Dandruff"; ...yeah sorry, I honestly am not fond of that) was born, brought up way earlier in the DP series. The episode progresses with Ursula knowing Dawn's fear, the performances executed uniquely, and the final round to be held next episode. Ash offering Dawn warm milk after she woke up from her faint is pretty sweet of him and I do like how understanding he was during the whole Dee Dee explanation. Until the end, which everyone else thought it was silly. He then give her his support by telling her by defeating Ursula's Plusle and Minun in this Contest Battle, she can leave her fears in the past and press forward. Really appreciate that mature support there, Ash.

Dawn of a New Era (DP 004)

This is the fourth episode following from the three beginning DP episode specials in Japan. Beginning with Ash and Dawn, they got into a disageement starting from one distracting the other concerning catching Pokemon to which focus a trainer should follow: Gym or Contest. Also introduces one of the reoccuring characters named Nando who's undecided whether to follow the road to a Coordinator or towards a Battler (I would say Trainer, but I think the 2 careers are technically the same). Regarding the two Trainers, Ash and Dawn are pretty overconfident amongs themselves and once they made their decisions, they charge right in to take care of situations without getting second thoughts. In this case, they lost their option of resting in the Pokemon Center because they want to speak with Nando. The search took them hours, and due to this, the Center is closed for the night (kind of odd a Pokemon Center wouldn't be open 24 hours a day, but these centers are operated by one person and most times has a partner Pokemon, which I guess isn't enough for these clinics to stay open all day). The episode wrapped up with the Trainers apologizing themselves of their rash behaviour and a second Pokemon Battle for Dawn to analyze compared to her first battle earlier.

Uncrushing Defeat (DP 133/131)

The (un)reveal of the 3rd Lake Guardian arrives in this episode and the aftermath of Ash's harsh defeat against Paul from previous episode(s). Ash is in depression, Brock and Nurse Joy are looking after the six battered Pokemon, and Dawn forms a performance stage to cheer up her fallen friend. I appreciate how much Dawn put in a lot of effort on this performance. A small one, but what do you expect from a show inside a Pokemon Center? The act is more on making funny faces and a few acrobat moves, but to be fair we didn't see everything here due to Team Rocket's interference (what a surprise). This is just one of many scenarios where Dawn makes a lot of effort to support Ash and this is definitely one to remember.

Wild in the Streets (DP 017)

Previous episodes starred Ash's rival Paul achieving victory against the first Gym Leader of Sinnou, Roark. With well-timed techniques and greatly executed strategies from the challenger, Ash battled Roark after but failed in his achievement. Leading to this episode we see Ash training using the same three Pokemon that were defeated by Cranidos mostly and a second opponent after that. The main plot of this episode features Aerodactyl resurrected from a fossil via a rebirth machine, which Team Rocket (one of the villains in the show) snagged from a laboratory. Awakened by the machine, the fossil Pokemon decided to wreck havok of Oreburgh City. Many, including Ash, are powerless to stop Aerodactyl only to have Dawn save the day executing her new technique against the rampaging newborn. Earlier in the episode, Dawn suggested Ash to use his other Pokemon reserved in Oak's laboratory in Kanto, and even offered her Piplup to him, but he declined her offer. The Battler's reason was to have his existing new Pokemon (and Pikachu) the chance they deserve influenced by his rival, especially since they took a huge beating from the last battle. Reserves are great, but too easy of a decision which will greatly limit the potential of the newer captured Pokemon. Inspired by this, Dawn led herself to train near the PokeCenter and in return inspired Ash to expand his ideas when she rescued him.

O'er the Rampardos We Watch (DP 018)

Following the previous episode, we now see the rematch of Ash VS Roark now armed with the evolved Cranidos, Rampardos. Taking down one of the Gym Leader's Pokemon at a time with different Pokemon, with Dawn's new technique equipped in Ash's arsenal, the final showdown is against Rampardos. The battles in this episode, IMO, are exciting. The angles are great. The action is quick. The techniques are not just used as pure offense. Most of all, the technique used by Dawn evolved throughout the middle of the episode, executed in different directions. Because of these clever tactics, I'm pretty sure we all know what the result is. This is also the first time Dawn wore a cheerleader outfit, along with her two other Pokemon, just to extend her support for Ash. Probably not the only girl that went to this much trouble just to support her friend, but I find this really cute and very brave of her as well. Dawn is the first that has great confidence in Ash, and beyond this episode we also see the same confidence from the Battler's support to the Coordinator as well. Whether or not this is exclusive to them will be known in the future.

Mounting a Coordinator Assault (DP 011)

This was the first episode that I said to myself "I love this shipping". The introduction of the 2nd star (for this series anyway) and the continuing interactions of Ash and Dawn from previous episodes were presented so wonderful and so passionate, it became one of the main reasons of my full enjoyment for the Diamond and Pearl series. In addition, this is the episode where it all fully starts.

The first of two episodes beginning in Dawn's first Contest arena, this is the episode that has started two things:Dawn's main rival Zoey, who's pretty much a friendly yet strong Coordinator and has a bit of an another side revealed next episode, and Ash and Dawn's symbol of friendship that will be seen throughout the series: the High Five. Or for Japan's case, the High Touch. From the Coordinator dress ups to Pokeball capsules and more stylized and creative performances on stage or battles which were little shown in the Advance Generation series, this episode began Diamond and Pearl series' evolved Pokemon Contests that are far more appealing to behold. Dawn's suggestion for Ash to enter this Contest due to Aipom's excitement gives these two participants a greater chance to pass through the performance stage. Who will be accepted is revealed in the next episode.

This ends my top favorite Pearlshipping episodes. Feel free to express any of your own favorite episodes that shows the same involvement and if there are some that you believe it should be up here, share it with us. Enjoy your day and continue loving what you love.

Wish they didnt have serena added in the anime, it just damages Pearlshippings chance of happening, not like I think it will happen it most likely wont be still -__-

It doesn't really matter whether shipping is cannon or not.
Just supporting what you like is what really matters.

BlueDragonfangirl

It doesn't really matter whether shipping is cannon or not.
Just supporting what you like is what really matters.

Right? They always leave pairings up in the air any ways, it's any ones guess who Ash ends up with at the end of the series, Dawn"s still a choice till tolled other wise :)

Just re watch the moments they had in the D / P series, that's what I do time to time...Some of my favorite moments come from the films.

pokemongeof

Thanks for all the replies on the fanfics! I'll be sure to check em out!

So here is my top 3 list of Pearlshipping Episodes.

3. Dawn of a New Era. This episode really shows the strong bond between Ash and Dawn even after fights, and even only 4 episodes into the series!
2 The Rise of Darkrai. Yeah this was expected. Although its not an episode, there we so many hints!
1 Piplup, Pansage, and the meeting of the times! This is my fav pearlshipping episode. If fueled my Pearlshipping, and pretty much showed the developed relationship between the two. Ahh, i remember how curious i was about pearlshipping, and looking at the exact first page of this. Good times. Good times.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Hey guys I need some help, I've read every fanfic from here http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Pearlshipping/72998/99/0/1/0/0/0/0/ and here http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Satoshi-x-Hikari/59153/99/0/1/0/0/0/0/.
My question is, is there more or is this it ? ):

To my top Pearlshipping episodes:
The two final Lyra episodes - Just made me more fond of the bond between the two
Rise of Darkrai - Every they looked at each other was just teardropping almost
Yes in Dee Dee, It's Dawn - It was really the first time someone complimented Ash like that, she didn't even cared if it was Brook's ideia
Memories are made of Bliss - A conclusion to a teardropping episode, left me to shatters to not see them hugging each other but the words from Ash were as honest and strong as the bond between the two.

Shadow1275

Hi guys I'm new to the forum. As a pokemon fan, I watched the show up until the orange league when I got bored and fell in and out. I tuned in and out to the Johto and Hoenn seasons, and eventually stopped watching it altogether only playing the games. However, after I bought heartgold and really enjoyed it, I figured I'd give the series another look. So I started watching diamond and pearl, and I have to say as a returning fan Dawn really won me over. Overall, ash and brock's voice actors weren't great. I mean I know its a kids show but sometimes it got so campy that it made me cringe. But I never really had that problem with Dawn. Not only was her voice actor good, but she actually added something that the show lacked, story based on character development.

As for shipping, as far as I can tell Ash and Dawn seemed to have the best chemistry. They just sort of naturally clicked whether it was egging each other on or even teaching each other some new tricks which is why I liked their chemistry. Plus High Touch is really tough to beat and though Ash probably won't end up with anyone in the end, I really think that seeing how Dawn has still made some appearances in the show she has a great chance of winning out.

As you can clearly see Charizard is my favorite pokemon, and no I'm not just another Charizard fan-boy because he looks cool. Sure he sucks against rock types but Usually combining Iron-tail with quick-claw can one-hit ko most rock enemies. My fav type is easily fire-types and my favorite game has to be HG, though I stopped getting the new ones after Gen 3. Anyways nice to meet everyone

Last edited:

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
I honsestly can't believe how some of you are acting toward Serena. I mean seriously I came here to tak about pearlshipping and first thing I see is people wishing Serena was never added into the anime. Please guys I beg of you don't be like certain "other" shippers. But I have a topic When/if the anime ends, do you think Ash and Dawn will meet again?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
When/if the anime ends, do you think Ash and Dawn will meet again?

Yes, honestly i think every main cast member will appear in Kalos.
And the thing of SerenaXAsh being cannon is pretty sketchy

I'm planning to do fan fic about how Ash understands about love by travelling with her rather than staining with her. It will be a Pearlshipping fic of course. Not sure if it would be well received or where i should do it.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I think you should do it. I woud like it, heck I wrote stroy kind of similar to that and it got pretty good reviews

After i read 200 fics myself i thought that was well prepared to write, just don't know where to post it.
And I think that if Ash for Serena is just rubish for the series, it is cute but it isn't good enough to make it to cannon ( IMO )

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
After i read 200 fics myself i thought that was well prepared to write, just don't know where to post it.
And I think that if Ash for Serena is just rubish for the series, it is cute but it isn't good enough to make it to cannon ( IMO )

Oh, well I think it is but I hate arguing/debating so to each his/her own. Hinestly though I think pearlshipping can make it to canon just as easily considering I read multiple times how popular it is in Japan, even for the writers. But man, I just can't decide between the two. Pearlshipping was the first shipping I ever supprted and now this happens. I'm so confused on which one I like better.

Shadow1275

Fanfiction.com is a good place to write if you're just starting out.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Hey, Shadow. Good to meet you here. Charizard is your main Pokemon I see. Excellent. I wish he was continually used more, but I won't state my reasons in order to not spoil anything regarding the new XY premiere episodes. Hope you got something regarding top favorite episodes regarding Pearlshipping. For people who picked Rise of Darkrai, what other episode would you select in its place?

When/if the anime ends, do you think Ash and Dawn will meet again?

I really hope they do. This was 1 of the reasons why I got invested into Pokemon than usual (though I don't watch the dub no more), but of course it all comes down to their decision.

I really don't get the hostility towards Serena. For now, there's not much. I did see the leaked previews, but it all comes down to how the episode themselves work. But since it deals nothing about this main topic, I won't discuss it here.

Ash understands about love by travelling with her rather than staining with her

Wait. You mean "staying with her", right? Wonder how you'll create this fanfic?

Status
Not open for further replies.