• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master

xEryChan

Demon Child
I really have not posted here in a while, now have I? Sorry guys, I have a lot going on.

Man reading this thread and fics makes me hype up for a Dawn cameo, will be really sad if it doesn't happen :/

It would be really nice if that happened but sadly, I don't see Dawn making a cameo in BW. Misty didn't make one in DP, May didn't in BW so I really don't think it will any different with Dawn.

I would be happy if Ash at least mentioned her at some point.

Topic Time..

How could someone snap Ash or Dawn out of their denseness?

Dawn isn't near as dense as Ash is. Remember the episode when Meowth fell in love with the Glameow? She said something along the lines of "Meowth really has it bad" so she does know something about love. I know someone said May would be the one to make her fully understand and I agree with that completely. I can definitely see May making Dawn realize her feelings for Ash which we all know she has, don't even try to deny it.

Ash on the other hand is a lost cause when it comes to love. He's as dense as anyone can be. I don't think anyone will be able to snap him out of his denseness except maybe himself when he gets older and he gets smarter.

Since I'm in the holiday spirit now, I'm gonna ask a topic. If there's already been a topic like this, ignore this then sorry, I'm not sure

How would Ash and Dawn spend the holidays together?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I really have not posted here in a while, now have I? Sorry guys, I have a lot going on.

It would be really nice if that happened but sadly, I don't see Dawn making a cameo in BW. Misty didn't make one in DP, May didn't in BW so I really don't think it will any different with Dawn.

Topic Time..

Dawn isn't near as dense as Ash is. Remember the episode when Meowth fell in love with the Glameow? She said something along the lines of "Meowth really has it bad" so she does know something about love. I know someone said May would be the one to make her fully understand and I agree with that completely. I can definitely see May making Dawn realize her feelings for Ash which we all know she has, don't even try to deny it.

Ash on the other hand is a lost cause when it comes to love. He's as dense as anyone can be. I don't think anyone will be able to snap him out of his denseness except maybe himself when he gets older and he gets smarter.

Since I'm in the holiday spirit now, I'm gonna ask a topic. If there's already been a topic like this, ignore this then sorry, I'm not sure

But Dawn is more awesome than the rest. @:

My fic sceneario would be near lake Valor, aldo it would be ooc. Probably in Snowbelle/Snowpoint city in a big tournament :b

Iridescence

Flare Trainer

If Dawn doesn't make a cameo, then I feel like there might be a chance of that happening, since Misty was also mentioned in a flashback during DP.
She could be mentioned by Ash if Serena is ever obsessing about her clothes/ hair whatever, and he could be like "You remind me of my friend Dawn". That seems realistic enough, especially since I've heard from many people that she's basically a Dawn clone.

I could see Ash & Delia visiting Twinleaf and sleeping over at Dawn's. After dinner, Ash and Dawn would go outside, talking about their journeys so far, what their feeling about it. It'll be all emotional and sweet. I could picture it now ;-;

He didn't even realize he hugged her, he was helping her back up :b

After re-watching the scene, I see that you're right. If it really was a hug, it would be a pretty awkward one since it was one-armed.

Last edited:

Vintrial

Whouffle.
If Dawn doesn't make a cameo, then I feel like there might be a chance of that happening, since Misty was also mentioned in a flashback during DP.
She could be mentioned by Ash if Serena is ever obsessing about her clothes/ hair whatever, and he could be like "You remind me of my friend Dawn". That seems realistic enough, especially since I've heard from many people that she's basically a Dawn clone.

I could see Ash & Delia visiting Twinleaf and sleeping over at Dawn's. After dinner, Ash and Dawn would go outside, talking about their journeys so far, what their feeling about it. It'll be all emotional and sweet. I could picture it now *-*

The mention can be a thing (Yes Serena and Dawn are very similar), aldo i would still preffer a cameo ):

Dunno, Dawn is less dense than Ash, aldo as the Lyra arc showed she wasn't even aware of how deep her bond was with, something she only got when he lost to Paul or/and departed. Still she needs more, maybe if she compares her recent journey and the one with Ash?
Ash is harder, but he was sad when Dawn departed in BW (Writters showing him looking at her Plane for behind). I don't know maybe the same way? Maybe if someone ask about his former friends and he takes the ribbon and the lure and sees nothing from Dawn might be sad.

After re-watching the scene, I see that you're right. If it really was a hug, it would be a pretty awkward one since it was one-armed.
That was the first thing i noticed that lead me to believe it wasn't intentional ^^'

Last edited:

PatSpitler

Pearlshipper

Well as Vintrial said above, Dawn is less dense, she understands what love is, but she still isn't mature enough to express it herself. Knowing it and expressing it is two different things. She is probably still learning how to express these feelings she may have. However, Ash is dense and right now his journey to become a master is his number 1 priority. Not saying he might not experience certain type of feelings as well but that is is first priority. But if you think about it, Ash will take a look back at previous journeys and remember the times with his friends but espcially he will remember who supported him a lot. And as well all know Dawn was a bigger supporter than Misty or May, and that will affect how he feels for her over the others. The older you get you realize that stuff. Really the key to snap them out of their denseness is patience over time as they mature they will look back on the memories made together and know that through the support to each other they will probably come to see each other romantically.

Alsoooo since we were discussing presents above yeah there is the lure, then there is the ribbon as well. But memories, the high fives, those all stick with Ash. He doesn't need a gift from Dawn to remember her, he will always remember her, when he uses Buizel or uses the moves he learned from her. Dawn has impacted Ash's life in so many good ways. Their bond is indeed a closer one than any others. Not to mention she was the one who saved Ash's Pikachu in the beginning so that also sticks with Ash and Pikachu has he a close bond with her as well.

Also as well I saw the other day that Pikachu's language on Bulbapedia has different speech words for Ash and his friends and if you notice Dawn is one of them meaning Pikachu trusts her and is close with her. He refers to Dawn saying Pikaka.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
How would Ash and Dawn spend the holidays together?[/B]

probably the best place could be snowpoint city for winter and maybe sunyshore city for summer. then maybe they could have some sort of picnic

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
lol I'm probably the only one here who multi-ships Ash. I feel like an outcast now. Anyway How would Ash and Dawn spend the holidays together?
Maybe at Snowpont City cozing under the fireplace?
Alsoooo since we were discussing presents above yeah there is the lure, then there is the ribbon as well. But memories, the high fives, those all stick with Ash. He doesn't need a gift from Dawn to remember her, he will always remember her, when he uses Buizel or uses the moves he learned from her. Dawn has impacted Ash's life in so many good ways. Their bond is indeed a closer one than any others. Not to mention she was the one who saved Ash's Pikachu in the beginning so that also sticks with Ash and Pikachu has he a close bond with her as well.
You just reminded me of something. Dawn was the only person Ash ever peramentlly traded with. And I think thats why he was so dead set on not trading Pokemon with Katerine. (Don't know if any of you actually watched that episode but Katherine bascially was pestering (more Gothita) Ash to trade Scraggry for her Gothita).

Hikatoshi26

lol I'm probably the only one here who multi-ships Ash. I feel like an outcast now. Anyway How would Ash and Dawn spend the holidays together?
Maybe at Snowpont City cozing under the fireplace?

You just reminded me of something. Dawn was the only person Ash ever peramentlly traded with. And I think thats why he was so dead set on not trading Pokemon with Katerine. (Don't know if any of you actually watched that episode but Katherine bascially was pestering (more Gothita) Ash to trade Scraggry for her Gothita).

You're not the only person who multi ships Ash I am a devoted and true Pearlie but i did dabble in imaganation and I am extremely casual with Amour only because Serena is adorable. Dawn doesnt need to give Ash a gift he has her heart, memories, Buizel and in the farewells have Ash or Dawn every said Good bye. It was always Ja mata never Sayonara whereas with EVERYONE else it was Sayonara.

Also as well I saw the other day that Pikachu's language on Bulbapedia has different speech words for Ash and his friends and if you notice Dawn is one of them meaning Pikachu trusts her and is close with her. He refers to Dawn saying Pikaka.

Pikachu had a special one for Misty as well. Pika chu pi (kasumi) Pikachu was just as close to Misty as he is to Dawn but Ash is more close to Dawn than Misty.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
You're not the only person who multi ships Ash I am a devoted and true Pearlie but i did dabble in imaganation and I am extremely casual with Amour only because Serena is adorable. Dawn doesnt need to give Ash a gift he has her heart, memories, Buizel and in the farewells have Ash or Dawn every said Good bye. It was always Ja mata never Sayonara whereas with EVERYONE else it was Sayonara.

Pikachu had a special one for Misty as well. Pika chu pi (kasumi) Pikachu was just as close to Misty as he is to Dawn but Ash is more close to Dawn than Misty.

Oh men don't tease me like that :(
I want to watch the sub version of DP now lol.

Like Hikatoshi I moderatly support amour, but i still think Pearl is much stronger and it has a nicer fanbase.
Pearl is just, how two people that don't know what love is eventualy discover it.
Dawn with 14 episodes dressed up as a cheerleader to support Ash.
C'mon, that isn't just "best friends" material lol.
And the way Ash was upset with Dawn's second loss? No one noticed how broke down she was except him. Plus he wasn't that down since his first lost in the Indigo league, not when Misty left, not when he lost Paul.
It was when Dawn lost, not him.

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
Ola guys!
I heard a lite sadness. Go on pearlshipper! We hope that dawn return like misty( dream is a beatiful thing) but the hope is the hope is the last to die!
The amourshipping is a very cute shipping( i ammise ok?) but in dp series there are much pearlshipper moment( we want remember the high five????)

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Him saying "See you later" to Dawn instead of the farewell goodbye might have some significance. The XY series seems to have been structured differently though. 14 episodes in the first season. Weird. If they're willing to rearrange the structure like that they might be willing to deviate from the general Pokemon rules. Dawn might reappear. I'm just going to work on my fanfiction to help keep Pearlshipping alive.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Him saying "See you later" to Dawn instead of the farewell goodbye might have some significance. The XY series seems to have been structured differently though. 14 episodes in the first season. Weird. If they're willing to rearrange the structure like that they might be willing to deviate from the general Pokemon rules. Dawn might reappear. I'm just going to work on my fanfiction to help keep Pearlshipping alive.

what XY first season is only going to have 14 episodes? So then its almost done? Anyway, anyone sles like the fact that Ash eventually started using Dawn's catchphrase No need to worry/Daijobu?

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
They might not have just 4 seasons though. Has Ash started saying Daijoubu? Where?! You've got me excited now.

Hikatoshi26

okay. I don't know if he says the Japanese version cause I never watched the orginal. But he uses her catchphrase in the dub sometimes.

He says it more than he did pre Dawn not as much as he did in DP but it does come out. With the series being 8xx episodes long and me having about 8xx of those episodes I will not be able to compile a list....too much time lol.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
You know guys. I don't mind Dawn would make her return in XY series and I knew that all along that Dawn have feelings for Ash. But I wonder what her interaction would be with his childhood friend in Serena.

DarkIceBubbles

This is easy there in kalos in the cold place which I forgot wat city is called.... Earthier way Serena bony ash dawn and Bonny older bro which I for got have a snowball fight and piplup and pikchu join in. Later they grab hot chocolates and sit by the fire in the room they stay in and desire a ask dawn wat was sihnnol like and wat did ash do during that time? Ash and dawn tell their stories of how they met to battling team galactic, Bonny and her bro fell asleep and Serena pick then up and took them to bed, in mean time dawn and ash sit in fire and dawn accentor fall asleep on ash shoulder, he dint mine at all then 2 min later he fell asleep.
That will happen for that holidays... I wonder anyone care to turn into a scrip. Story or should I do it?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
wow so many post ^^
Ash did start using Dawn's catch-phrase a lot more in this series i noticed a few times lol.
We all the out-of-patterns things building up in Xy if they bring Dawn just to up the ratings i wouldn't mind ^^
And Serena wasn't Ash childhood friend. But her relatation with Dawn would be of Love/hate.

Btw guys, i heard that chilldhoodshipping was a thing (KennyXSerena) If anyone wants to make multi-shipping with Pearl be sure to add that one if you like lol

mew151

Thunder Trainer
You know guys. I don't mind Dawn would make her return in XY series and I knew that all along that Dawn have feelings for Ash. But I wonder what her interaction would be with his childhood friend in Serena.

It will be violent and full of scratches. No. That'll be bad.

14 episodes for XY Season 1. Odd. Looks like a new ending is near. Maybe a new opening, but they usually don't make one until near the end of the year or so, unless they're experimenting on the structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.