• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl-Chan!

SatoHika Doodles.jpg Apparently, you aren't allowed to attach more than one image per post, so here's the second one, containing two Pearl sketches.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
I reckon one day, we'll be able to somehow create our own anime for ourselves that we can share and like you said, it would be cool for if they had their own little anime. Imagine what ideas would be made that we can see :p

It would be awesome to create our own spin-off with Ash & Dawn as the two main characters! I would voice-act for recurring characters. (Yep, I plan to voice-act when I'm older, but I'm still young)

Pearl-Chan!

^I think that's so cool how you want to be a voice actor. That would be so awesome! I'm actually making a little Pearlshipping doujinshi...so an anime spin-off would be even better. Anywho, here's the topic for discussion (Idk if you guys already discussed this, but everyone seems real down about Amourshipping. I think this topic will help us realize that Pearlshipping is tops!)

What does Pearlshipping have that Amourshipping doesn't?

Honestly, I think Satoshi and Hikari's relationship as friends is very mutual and equal. High Touch, of course, is proof of that. I really like Serena's character and she's super cute, so I'm not bashing. But, so far, even though Serena has a confirmed crush, Amourshipping is very one-sided IMO. So, I think Pearlshipping has a quality of mutuality between Satoshi and Hikari. Their hints are a lot more balanced over Serena's long list and Satoshi's quite short one. I just hope that SatoHika's popularity will continue to remain strong in Japan and here as well!

Jknombricks

Just some guy
^I think that's so cool how you want to be a voice actor. That would be so awesome! I'm actually making a little Pearlshipping doujinshi...so an anime spin-off would be even better. Anywho, here's the topic for discussion (Idk if you guys already discussed this, but everyone seems real down about Amourshipping. I think this topic will help us realize that Pearlshipping is tops!)

Honestly, I think Satoshi and Hikari's relationship as friends is very mutual and equal. High Touch, of course, is proof of that. I really like Serena's character and she's super cute, so I'm not bashing. But, so far, even though Serena has a confirmed crush, Amourshipping is very one-sided IMO. So, I think Pearlshipping has a quality of mutuality between Satoshi and Hikari. Their hints are a lot more balanced over Serena's long list and Satoshi's quite short one. I just hope that SatoHika's popularity will continue to remain strong in Japan and here as well!

That question targets Amourshipping directly and they/serebii wouldn't be too happy about that, lol. Well, idk. So how about a general sense? What makes Pearlshipping stand out?High Touch is exclusive to just Ash and Dawn, no one else. By itself, High Touch is a good enough answer to both questions :D

Not really a question but a statement. I'll be the first to say this.

Happy Pearlshipping Day!

(If I'm correct then Pearlshipping was started on July 19th on serebii. Unless it's september 28th)

Pearl-Chan!

^Couldn't agree more. I apologize for my poor choice of wording, but you corrected that. Thank you! :)

Yes, High Touch isn't just exclusive but super catchy as well! LOL.

Is it really Pearlshipping Day already? If so, WOW!!!

SmellYaLater

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! I'm excited to be here again. :) So! Here's some stuff SatoHika that I'm currently working on. I have three sketches and I'm trying to choose one to completely line and color. Maybe you guys could help me choose one! Let's get some discussion started up in here. With all this Amourshipping we should keep our minds focused on Pearlshipping! Anyways, here are the SatoHika works in progress!View attachment 13036

View attachment 13037 Apparently, you aren't allowed to attach more than one image per post, so here's the second one, containing two Pearl sketches.

Great drawings! Just add colour to it and they'll be perfect!! :)

Pearl-Chan you have worded that perfectly!!!!!!!!

Ash and Dawn are basically the 10 year old equivalent of a boyfriend/Girlfriend yet people argue that they're are no romance or blushing between the two compared with Amourshipping. Who need's romance?? It's pokemon for crying out loud!!! Ash and Dawn behave so close around each other that there really is no need for blushing or jealousy. plus they are both dense in terms of romance anyway (especially Ash).

And like you said, Amour doesn't have High Touch which is basically Pearl anthem and biggest hint.

By the way everyone.........

Happy Pearlshipping Day!!

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
Great drawings! Just add colour to it and they'll be perfect!! :)

Pearl-Chan you have worded that perfectly!!!!!!!!

Ash and Dawn are basically the 10 year old equivalent of a boyfriend/Girlfriend yet people argue that they're are no romance or blushing between the two compared with Amourshipping. Who need's romance?? It's pokemon for crying out loud!!! Ash and Dawn behave so close around each other that there really is no need for blushing or jealousy. plus they are both dense in terms of romance anyway (especially Ash).

And like you said, Amour doesn't have High Touch which is basically Pearl anthem and biggest hint.

By the way everyone.........

Happy Pearlshipping Day!!
It's PearlShipping day? I didn't know! Seriously, I need to keep track of these days. Well, sometime today, I should try writing a Pearl one-shot. Well, Happy Pearlshipping Day! Here's to a ship that we will never give up on, even if it doesn't become canon! *holds up a glass, and waits for people to clink the glass*

Jknombricks

Just some guy
It's PearlShipping day? I didn't know! Seriously, I need to keep track of these days. Well, sometime today, I should try writing a Pearl one-shot. Well, Happy Pearlshipping Day! Here's to a ship that we will never give up on, even if it doesn't become canon! *holds up a glass, and waits for people to clink the glass*

*clinks glass also* 8 years of Ash and Dawn. That is a milestone, so happy Pearlshipping Day! When we get to 10 years, it will be an even better one! :)

Pearl-Chan!

*clinks glass also* 8 years of Ash and Dawn. That is a milestone, so happy Pearlshipping Day! When we get to 10 years, it will be an even better one! :)

*joins in the clinking of glasses* Has it really been that long? My goodness! We better do something big at the mark of 10 years! Any aspiring animators out there? We should get started on that spin-off series of Satoshi and Hikari! ;P Just kidding. Maybe I'll do some more fanart! Does anyone have any favorite SatoHika fanarts? I love, love, LOVE this one!:

http://www.pixiv.com/works/43495784

BlueDragonfangirl

Dawn should return along with lyra though!! Obviously we need Lyra back due to the fact she's a massive pearlshipper :p

I'd love this, her teasing Dawn about feelings towards to Ash again would be nice :D

Navin

MALDREAD
*joins in the clinking of glasses* Has it really been that long? My goodness! We better do something big at the mark of 10 years! Any aspiring animators out there? We should get started on that spin-off series of Satoshi and Hikari! ;P Just kidding. Maybe I'll do some more fanart! Does anyone have any favorite SatoHika fanarts? I love, love, LOVE this one!:

http://www.pixiv.com/works/43495784

Pearlshipping has some of the most adorable fanarts.

Sadly I'm not good at drawing, but I have made a banner to celebrate Pearlshipping Day.
PearlshippingDaybanner.jpg

Aura7541

Sadly I'm not good at drawing, but I have made a banner to celebrate Pearlshipping Day.
View attachment 13077

Very nice banner! It's great that this thread is still going!

To everyone else: Hey guys. I've been lurking this thread for quite a while and I've actually made a few posts here a few times though I never really gotten "into it", if you know what I mean. I have watched the anime since the very beginning since I was a child and have seen every arc. Of all pairings, I find Ash and Dawn to be the best combination because of how much they have in common and their interactions. From Dawn's cheerleading during Ash's gym battles to Ash being visibly upset after Dawn lost the appeals the 2nd time, their tight bond is undeniable. And of course, High Touch! really reinforced that notion. This is something I don't see in other pairings. I always saw Ash and Misty's relationship as a younger brother/older sister relationship (probably b/c I watched the Kanto arc as a child). Ash and May's relationship gives me the impression of a tutor/student relationship (they would still make a good pair, though). For Ash and Iris.... eh. I always felt that Iris was just... there. And lastly, Ash and Serena's relationship is severely one-sided (I also think these two would make a good pair, but Ash is just incredibly dense).

Pearl-Chan!

Very nice banner! It's great that this thread is still going!

To everyone else: Hey guys. I've been lurking this thread for quite a while and I've actually made a few posts here a few times though I never really gotten "into it", if you know what I mean. I have watched the anime since the very beginning since I was a child and have seen every arc. Of all pairings, I find Ash and Dawn to be the best combination because of how much they have in common and their interactions. From Dawn's cheerleading during Ash's gym battles to Ash being visibly upset after Dawn lost the appeals the 2nd time, their tight bond is undeniable. And of course, High Touch! really reinforced that notion. This is something I don't see in other pairings. I always saw Ash and Misty's relationship as a younger brother/older sister relationship (probably b/c I watched the Kanto arc as a child). Ash and May's relationship gives me the impression of a tutor/student relationship (they would still make a good pair, though). For Ash and Iris.... eh. I always felt that Iris was just... there. And lastly, Ash and Serena's relationship is severely one-sided (I also think these two would make a good pair, but Ash is just incredibly dense).

Welcome! We are glad to have you. :) I agree with you in every aspect that you mentioned. Very well said too. Hikari kinda broke through Satoshi's density barrier the most for me, so I get what you're saying about their interactions and similarities. Anywho, thanks for joining us! We need as many supporting Pearlshippers as we can get!

I'm actually an ex Pearlshipper. I still love it and all the fan art and fanfics!

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!
come on people dont let this thread die out. If only pokemon would let old characters return. But that will never happen, lets just hope

Status
Not open for further replies.