• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura7541

come on people dont let this thread die out. If only pokemon would let old characters return. But that will never happen, lets just hope

Dawn has a decent chance of returning considering her popularity in Japan. Piplup even more so.

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!
can some one tell me why she is so popular in japan. I really hope that she returns as a traveling partner. Ill be pissed of if they introduce a new character in gen 7

SmellYaLater

can some one tell me why she is so popular in japan. I really hope that she returns as a traveling partner. Ill be pissed of if they introduce a new character in gen 7

TBH im not actually sure. I think because she's like a typical Japanese girl or maybe she's one of the front faces of pearlshipping along with piplup. I would love to see her as a travelling partner but the best Dawn will get is most likely a cameo.

As a pearlshipper I don't wanna see her come back too much because people might just get sick of seeing her too much. It would be like that for any character bar Ash since he's the protagonist.

Rare appearances for Dawn will make us more anticipated and excited for her return!!!

Anyway I thought of a new question that I don't think has been asked yet..

What kind of scene would you have where Dawn finally starts to realise her feeling's for and how would it build up to that bit?

Hope that made sense xD

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!
yeah i think your right, lets hope for the best :)
know for your question: Maybe Ash gets sick and dawn becomes very worried and starts to realise her feeling. i dunno what do you guys think?

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, I like the idea of her feeling in her heart that some things wrong with Ash and leaves to visit him, is that what you.mean? Sounds like some thing I've seen from a love story type Anime before :)

xEryChan

Demon Child
I really have not posted here in a while and I do apologize for that.

Do you guys ever read the rules before you start posting? I've been seeing a lot of one liners here and they are against the rules. It clearly says that one line posts are not allowed as they are annoying and considered spam. Just wanna point that out.

Anywys, back onto Pearlshipping.

I highly doubt that Dawn will make another cameo. Misty didn't in DP. May didn't in BW, I don't think it's going to any different with Dawn. I would love it if she did but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Now can you all stop talking about Dawn coming back? This is the Pearlshipping thread, all your posts should be about Pearlshipping and nothing else.

I'm going to answer the topic now.

What kind of scene would you have where Dawn finally starts to realise her feeling's for and how would it build up to that bit?

I could see her finally realizing her feelings for him if something were to happen to him. We all know how he is. If he were to get hurt or something like that, I can see Dawn being very worried and that would make her realize that she has had feelings for him all along.

A friend of mine and I were planning to co-write a story together where Ash got hurt really bad and while he was missing, Dawn had feelings for him. We wanted to but it just never worked out unfortunately.

Last edited:

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
I've always held that SatoHika is a very misunderstood concept.

Pearlshipping is not really a belief that, as the opening post states, Ash and Dawn will be in a romantic relationship. To me, pearlshipping is the belief that Ash and dawn are the closest friends.

Pearlshipping has never been, and never will be, about romance. And let's be thankful for that.

SatoHika supporters are sometimes ridiculed for using Ash and Dawn high-fiving as evidence.

Yes, I use the high five as evidence. It's something that Ash and Dawn share exclusively with each other. The monument of their friendship.

Satoshi and Hikari didn't exchange a high-five upon their second goodbye. This makes me hopeful that, despite all the unfavourable circumstances, Ash and Dawn will be reunited one day.

Viva SatoHika

SmellYaLater

I really have not posted here in a while and I do apologize for that.

Do you guys ever read the rules before you start posting? I've been seeing a lot of one liners here and they are against the rules. It clearly says that one line posts are not allowed as they are annoying and considered spam. Just wanna point that out.

Anywys, back onto Pearlshipping.

I highly doubt that Dawn will make another cameo. Misty didn't in DP. May didn't in BW, I don't think it's going to any different with Dawn. I would love it if she did but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Now can you all stop talking about Dawn coming back? This is the Pearlshipping thread, all your posts should be about Pearlshipping and nothing else.

I'm going to answer the topic now.

I could see her finally realizing her feelings for him if something were to happen to him. We all know how he is. If he were to get hurt or something like that, I can see Dawn being very worried and that would make her realize that she has had feelings for him all along.

A friend of mine and I were planning to co-write a story together where Ash got hurt really bad and while he was missing, Dawn had feelings for him. We wanted to but it just never worked out unfortunately.

I haven't really seen any one liners on here but I guess we'll try to press the enter key more often then.........

Anyway about Dawn, you never know if she will come back or not. Pearlshipping is still a very popular ship in Japan and the writers seem to know that. I don't think she will return any time soon but I reckon the should bring her back in a later saga. Everything they did together and the development between Ash and Dawn would just go to waste if she doesn't return to the anime. Ash had the best chemistry with Dawn and they were like the 10 yr old equivalent of a BF and GF. Not bringing Dawn back and forgetting everything that happened would be ridiculous. Not to mention Dawn made Ash a better battler than he was by teaching him new combination's from her contest. In B/W, he didn't seem to use those -_-

By the way xEryChan you made a good point! Both Ash and Dawn are very dense and both don't really know much about romance (especially Ash) and maybe if there was a scenario like you suggested, Dawn could potentially start to realise her feelings for Ash because deep down, I do really think she feels strong about Ash and seem's to care about him alot.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
I am certain about one thing.

There is no anime character (with the obvious exception of Ash's mother) who is as close to Satoshi as Hikari.

I couldn't stress it enough: The fact that Dawn has never shown any real signs of a romantic interest towards Ash is a blessing for pearlshipping. Each time any girl developed a crush on Satoshi, it didn't bode well for the pairing.

Almost surely, Satoshi and Hikari won't start to travel again. Probably, they will never meet again.

But Ash and Dawn will always remain special friends. And as far friendship is concerned (which is everything that matters), pearlshipping is unequalled among other pairings.

Well it's a pipe dream, but now that Lopunny is getting a Mega Evolution, she has a chance to return. I doubt it'll happen, but it would be pretty cool! I'd love to see her interact with Serena.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Guys, please do keep in mind that one-line posts are against the rules and you're putting yourself at risk for spamming infraction.

Also, this is a Pearlshipping thread, it's not the place to talk about Dawn coming back to the show. If you wanna talk about Dawn coming back, find someplace else then.

That's all I'm going to say, carry on.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Wow, it's been so long since I've been on these forums. I sure do hope you guys remember me.

Personally for me, I can see her realizing her feelings for him if she were to be thinking about him, you know what I mean?

It's been a while since they've been together and I can see Dawn thinking about him and how much he had helped her when they were traveling together, which she is extremely grateful for because a lot of her battles skills, she gained from him. And they were so close too, they were practically inseperable and she begins to suspect that maybe she cares him a lot more then a friend does and that she has feelings for him.

Never mind me, these kind of subjects let me get creative.

Since I've been seeing a lot of talk about Dawn returing and that makes me want to think of topic.

If Dawn did return, how would this impact Pearlshipping and what kind of scene would you like to see between them?

I wanna see what you guys before I answer this topic.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
If Dawn did return, how would this impact Pearlshipping and what kind of scene would you like to see between them?

I have to say, coming up with possible AshxDawn moments has never been my favourite pastime. Maybe it's because to me, speculating on what may or may not happen is like writing fan fiction, and I'm not into fan fiction at all. If Hikari returns, it will make me happy enough I won’t dare ask for more.

On a side note: While I see nothing wrong in expressing the hope of Hikari returning, I do agree that coming up with complete theories and scenarios is somewhat pointless, especially if they have little to do with pearlshipping. After all, what is it supposed to do, make us feel better? If, by some miracle, we get to see Ash and Dawn together again, I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

But for now, I suggest we just wait patiently.

xEryChan

Demon Child

Well, for one, Dawn's return would mean some possible Pearlshipping moments so yeah and that would make Ery one very happy girl.

Umm, I'd really like if she surprised him, you know what I mean? She comes to Kalos to watch him compete in the league and doesn't say anything to him. I could see Ash being surprised that she came out for that but he would be grateful that she was there. Then one night, before his next battle, he can't sleep because he's worrying about how it will and go. Dawn comes out and they talk about everything and all the adventures they had together in Sinnoh.

I'd also be really happy if we got another high five. Those were always my favorite thing about Pearlshipping. It showed just how close Dawn and Ash were to each other and another would just make my whole year, not even joking haha.

We can all hope and dream, right?

SmellYaLater

Wasn't there anymore more posts??? I feel like those have been deleted.........

I think I answered something like this before but here's just a recap anyway. Instead of Dawn surprising Ash, I want it to be vice versa. A scene where Ash spots Dawn and she doesn't know until he does something that shocks her completely (In a good way)! I do want Dawn already travelling in Kalos whilst Ash is too! Also maybe when Ash goes to another region and Dawn is there again. They just keep on bumping into each other all the time :p

It would be funny and awesome for pearl!!

Well it's a pipe dream, but now that Lopunny is getting a Mega Evolution, she has a chance to return. I doubt it'll happen, but it would be pretty cool! I'd love to see her interact with Serena.

I don't actually see this has good news for pearlshipping. What if Dawn's buneary evolves for the mega evolution? Lagomorph will go and that shipping is heavily close to Pearlshipping since the two pokemon represent Ash and Dawn. It might be a blow for pearl if buneary evolves.

Anyway you should seriously stick to the title of the thread. I don't want anyone getting infractions here.

Last edited:

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!

I would like to see maybe something like this: Ash is losing in the pokemon league in kalos. While suddenly he sees dawn in her cheerleading outfit cheering him on. He then gets his confidence back and wins the league! when he does dawn jumps on to him and hug him. And serena get jealous , hehe

SmellYaLater

I would like to see maybe something like this: Ash is losing in the pokemon league in kalos. While suddenly he sees dawn in her cheerleading outfit cheering him on. He then gets his confidence back and wins the league! when he does dawn jumps on to him and hug him. And serena get jealous , hehe

Hahhahaha I would honestly love that but that probably wont happen :p

Dawn would defiantly do something that though. I have hope that her feelings for him would grow while there on their respective journey's.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator

I would so love it if that happened. No I really would. I can imagine it too and it's making me squeal like a little girl haha

They should do this. They probably won't do that but if they did, I would be one happy girl. Heck, any Pearlshippy scenes would make me one very happy girl :)

Dawn's return is enough to make me happy haha of course Pearlshipping scene would make me happy :)

But I would be very happy if she returned to support Ash in the league. It would also make me happy if Ash didn't know she was coming and she just showed up to cheer him on. It would be interesting if, like NinjaGamer said, he's not doing so well and is visibly upset but then he sees Dawn in the crowd and that cheers him up and he ends up winning everything make this happen, writers! :)

How about if they talk later on about all the adventures they had in Sinnoh and everything and Serena is shown on the screen, getting jealous by thinking Ash likes Dawn and not her.

Pardon me, I get all happy when thinking about scenes like this.

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!
Ok i think its time for a new question!

Do you think that the japanese poke writers would really just not make pearlshipping canon or not make dawn ever return after all they have done with dawn and ash? after all the hard work put on dawns character?

not the greateset of questions but i just tought of something to make this thread more active!

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Ok i think its time for a new question!

Do you think that the japanese poke writers would really just not make pearlshipping canon or not make dawn ever return after all they have done with dawn and ash? after all the hard work put on dawns character?

not the greateset of questions but i just tought of something to make this thread more active!

nah, they wouldn't, at least I hope so xd in fact I would like every main girl to appear at some point in the anime (even Iris tho), I haven't seen Misty for a lot of time and I start to miss her ;-; but anyways, I think the writers did not (and hopefully will not) abondon any character, what I want to say is that I hope that at some point of the anime, every character will have a little return :D

The only thing that I want to see is just them having fun together, it's just so satisfying to watch them both having such a strong bond. Well I'm a little sceptical about a confession, but it would be still a nice touch anyway :3

Status
Not open for further replies.