• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not a problem. I'm asking about the song "I Will Be With You (Where The Lost Ones Go)", which is the Japanese ending theme for the tenth movie, The Rise of Darkrai. Its Bulbapedia page can be found here. Project PearlShipping has their own interpretation of the song on the PearlShipping DataCore, which can be found here. The thing with the song is that unlike the vast majority of songs used in the Pokemon anime, it is not an original composition. Rather, it is a Norwegian song from 2001, as Wikipedia shows. My question is, in your opinion, do you believe the song still has value to PearlShipping as the Project asserted in their interpretation, or do you believe that it is irrelevant because it originated from outside of Pokemon?

I think their are Pearlshipping songs that are a lot stronger.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I think their are Pearlshipping songs that are a lot stronger.

No doubt. I'll forever wonder why y'all don't embrace Ice Cream Syndrome more.

I think Pearlshipping is special, because Ash had a better bond and a lot more trust for Dawn then any other female.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
^ I second that. The bond Ash shared with Dawn was unique. Ash seemed to be a lot closer to Dawn than he was to any of his other female traveling companions, which is another reason why I love Pearlshipping so much.

[sub]Speaking of Pearlshipping, I wonder what Dawn’s reaction would be if she saw Ash in the upcoming movie trailer. *inserts heart-eyed emoji here*[/sub]

What makes Pearlshipping special to you?

Well, since it happens to be the first ship I ever got invested in, that’s a big reason why it’s special to me. Honestly, before Pearlshipping, I had no idea what shippings ever were. I did support Ash and Misty for a long time, even when AG was airing. But DP started and Pearlshipping quickly overtook Pokeshipping. I loved the bknd Ash shared with Dawn, I loved their high fives, I especially loved High Touch seriously, I can’t go a day without listening to that song haha.

Pearlshipping is the ship that got me into shippings. If it was not for this glorious ship, I would not be here now.

TheBraveGallade

Hi y'all. jeesus its been 2 years since I've been an active member of this forum...

What makes pearlshipping special to you?

well, as a gen 4 starter (even though I was kinda invested in AG and I watched my friends play 3rd gen games), it was the first ship I got into, even without me realizing it. while I did have a small crush on dawn (and I suppose that might never change), that feeling was overpowerd by how cute I thought the two were together, even though I didn't realize that I was thinking that way untill late DP.
getting re-intergrated into pokemon (and realizing how BAD best wishes was) only strengthened this idea as lots of pearlshippers where around in 5th gen as well. discovering the japanese dub (before I've seen the english and korean dub versions) only deepened my love for this pairing as well, especially high tough.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Hello. Been a while since I've been here but I've made a few Pearlshippy graphics to spread the SatoHika love.

XpWX5et.png

yfJ1ppW.png

[
wP5P4lW.png

If you like, you're more than welcome to use them. I might be making more graphics due to the fact that I injured my knee and I can barely walk so I need to do something to do to pass the time :/

I've been watching a lot of the episodes of DP in Japanese and one of the episodes was DP144. I swear, Dawn's reaction when Lyra asked her if Ash is her boyfriend was priceless and even after Dawn denied it, Lyra kept pushing the subject on her. She wanted Ash and Dawn to get together. Lyra is the biggest Pearlshipper there is, say what you want but it is true.

My gosh, I still love these two and I would love to get a Pearlshippy reunion in the future.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Hello. Been a while since I've been here but I've made a few Pearlshippy graphics to spread the SatoHika love.

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/XpWX5et.png[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/yfJ1ppW.png[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/wP5P4lW.png[/img139]

If you like, you're more than welcome to use them. I might be making more graphics due to the fact that I injured my knee and I can barely walk so I need to do something to do to pass the time :/

I've been watching a lot of the episodes of DP in Japanese and one of the episodes was DP144. I swear, Dawn's reaction when Lyra asked her was priceless and even after Dawn denied it, Lyra kept pushing the subject on her. She wanted Ash and Dawn to get together. Lyra is the biggest Pearlshipper there is, say what you want but it is true.

My gosh, I still love these two and I would love to get a Pearlshippy reunion in the future.
Lovely graphics. Really love the first the one the most. So pretty and love the colours. Really represents the fun spirit of Pearlshipping.

Hello! New to the forum, huge fan of pearl shipping though!

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay!

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!
God, I miss this forum and pearlshipping so much! Ugh, why are the Pokemon writers so retarded sometimes? Dawn was such an amazing character but they had to go and replace her like every other character.

The thing with Dawn that's so special is that in the DP anime, she was the co-protagonist with Ash. The series was 50/50 without it all being about Ash like all the other series where it was Ash 80 and the side characters 20.

SatoHika for life Y'all!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
This thread has just been hilarious this weekend.

My favorite part of PearlShipping is how much Ash always encouraged and motivated Dawn. The high fives were cute. It's no wonder why this pairing was a goliath in its day.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Lovely graphics. Really love the first the one the most. So pretty and love the colours. Really represents the fun spirit of Pearlshipping.

Thank you so much, ChloboShoka, for your kind words about the graphics I made. I was mostly just playing around with photoshop and I really ended up liking what I had made. I'm getting better at using the program everyday.

I swear, one of my favorite things about Pearlshipping is the fact that Dawn actually wore a cheerleading outfit for some of Ash's gym battles. It shows that she does care for him and really wanted to see him win. No other of Ash's other traveling companions have done the same thing for him and that's why Pearlshipping is still my favorite ship involving Ash to this day.

No other ship will ever top this one.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure

XpWX5et.png

yfJ1ppW.png

[
wP5P4lW.png

I've been watching a lot of the episodes of DP in Japanese and one of the episodes was DP144. I swear, Dawn's reaction when Lyra asked her was priceless and even after Dawn denied it, Lyra kept pushing the subject on her. She wanted Ash and Dawn to get together. Lyra is the biggest Pearlshipper there is, say what you want but it is true.

te
Nice art! Loved it!
Mind if I use the latter?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Thank you, I appreciate that.
Of course, you’re more than welcome to use any of the stuff I create. All that I ask is that you give credit but yeah, go right ahead :)
You're welcome.
Thanks. Don't worry, I will make sure to give you credit for it. Keep up like that! Those Pearlshipping arts are gergeous. Haven't seen such nice Pearl art in a long time tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.