1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Yuppirox, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Ja Na Baka

Thank you so much. I will definitely be making more Pearlshipping art soon, I promise. I’ve been really focusing on making stuff for a lot of stuff for the SM anime as I’ve been really into it. Pearlshipping stuff will be coming soon enough.

2. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

I’ll be looking forward to it.

Hikaneary and LadyTriox like this.
  3. LadyTriox

LadyTriox SHE'S SO KAWAII NEEEEEEE

I really support pearl shipping. Ash's bond with Dawn was beautiful to me, and I feel Dawn can be the girlfriend for him I felt I myself couldn't be.

I really hope she ends up returning :)

She's confident and cheerful and relates to the things Ash likes; Dispite her being into Pokemon Co-ordanating more than gym battles.

Dawn is awesome. And Ash could really use someone like her in his life :D

345ash-greninja and Hikaneary like this.
  4. Victorian Rush

I feel the exac same way that you do about Pearlshipping. To me, Ash and Dawn were so much alike, regardless of them having different goals, and Ash seemed to be closer to her than any of his other female companions. Dawn is the perfect girl for Ash if you ask me.

345ash-greninja and LadyTriox like this.
  5. LadyTriox

LadyTriox SHE'S SO KAWAII NEEEEEEE

I may make more pearlshipping blingees sometime soon.

Maybe if pokemon's company see's them and my success as a blingee maker it could help dawn come back :)

345ash-greninja likes this.
  6. Victorian Rush

Been meaning to post here but kept forgetting to.

I was dealing with a little bit of computer troubles but I got everything fixed and working fine so I will be making more stuff for Pearlshipping. I more than likely will be posting anything I make in my art thread so keep an eye on that. All Pearl works of art will be posted here though.

I am also in the process of writing a Pearlshipping one-shot. I’ve got the plot outlined, just gotta start writing it and think of a title for it. Probably will be doing this today since I am pretty stuck inside. It just started raining here not too long ago when I say its raining, I really mean it’s raining cats and dogs here and I don’t want to go out in this. Not only that but I’m also not feeling great today, sadly.

Laters :)

345ash-greninja likes this.
  7. I have seen some of your blingees, they look awesome

LadyTriox likes this.
  8. xEryChan

xEryChan Peace Staff Member Moderator

Hey. Just dropping by to say hi again.

I’m still a Pearlshipper. I’ve been a Pearlshipper since since DP first started airing in America and I probably will always be a Pearlshipper.

What makes pearlshipping special to you?

Well, it is the very first shipping I truly supported that has a lot to do with it. Pearlshipping is the main reason why I started watching DP and have stuck with still watching the anime to this day. If it was not for Pearlshipping, I would not be here today, its as simple as that. I first started shipping Pearlshipping when DP first aired, I loved Dawn’s design and I thought her and Ash would make an adorable couple. Then I watched the series and I saw her bond with Ash, which is what really sold this pairing for me. They were so close, they were like the best of friends.

What else can I say? These two are just made for each other and I honestly cannot ship Dawn with anyone else except for Ash wish I could say the same about Ash but I can’t, I ship around like there’s no tomorrow but this will always be my favorite ship with him.

9. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

While I don't believe in this particular ship, I do not deny that Ash and Dawn was a pretty cute new trainer gets inspired by a more experienced one relationship in addition to the friendship between the two. Also Pikachu/ Buneary is a better ship then Pikachu/ that Ketchup bottle he loved so much.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  10. Victorian Rush

This is still my favorite ship and I don’t see myself ever not supporting it. Dawn is the perfect girl for Ash, if you ask me. They were honestly so close all throughout DP and I will never get over the length Dawn went to cheer Ash on in his gym battles, no other girl has done anything like that for him. Shows she really does care about Ash and wanted to do whatever she could to support after all of the help he gave her.

I never really have been a fan of Pokeshipping. I just don’t see it between Ash and Misty, I never have and I never will. I’m personally okay with Advanceshipping but I don’t see it happening because of Contestshipping. No comment on Negaishipping, it’s my least favorite ship. I actually do quite like Amourshipping, it’s my second favorite ship for Ash.

But Pearl will always be my top ship for Ash.

raichu27 and 345ash-greninja like this.
  11. raichu27

^I agree with this post. :) Ash seemed to have a closer bond with Dawn than the other Pokegirls.

I’m not that big on Pokeshipping, either.

12. Victorian Rush

For sure, he definitely was a lot closer to Dawn than any of the other Pokegirls.

I swear I really wanted to see Ash wear a male cheerleader uniform and cheer Dawn on during the Grand Festival, which, sadly, I knew was never going to happen but hey, a girl can dream right?

13. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Well this was my OTP until you know which ship happened, since dawn had the best chemistry with ash out of all the pokegirls that have ever been present and well dawn is one of my favourite characters in the show. I still adore this ship to this day.

14. Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison Well-Known Member

DP is my favorite Pokemon series. This ship isn't my OTP, but I like Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping as well, due to Dawn and May being my favorite Pokemon character, due to their awesome character development.

My favorite Pearlshipping moment is probably the movie, when the Ash looks at Dawn, while the rose petals are raining down on them.

15. xEryChan

xEryChan Peace Staff Member Moderator

From Giratina and the Sky Warrior, right? I love that scene. There are so many moments to pick so I’m just gonna say my favorite Pearlshipping moments are when Dawn dressed up like a cheerleader to cheer Ash on during his gym battles since none of his other companions have done the same for him, most of them just sat on the sidelines and watched the battle.

16. Peter Harrison

Yeah, those cheerleader scenes were awesome. Made DP's gym battles a lot better

Emelie likes this.
  17. ash&charizardfan

I have three personal favourite moments first is in movie 10 where ash was falling down from the tower and dawn saved him by holding his hand, that image is one of my favourite, second is her dressing as a cheerleader in ash's first gym match against roark and third is when she was trying to help ash when he was depressed when he lost to paul in first full battle near lake acuity but brock stopped her.

raichu27 likes this.
  18. Peter Harrison

I also liked that moment in Unova when him and Dawn re met up again in that house.

19. raichu27

It was nice that they’ve got to meet up there. Although, her lack of development was kinda disappointing there.

Peter Harrison likes this.
  20. ash&charizardfan

Her cameo had more of dawn and iris interactions than ash and dawn one which is a case for all the cameos, may's in DP interacted more with dawn while misty in AG also interacted more with tracey and max than while in SM she interacted more with lana than with ash so its not surprising.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.