• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Harrison

It was nice that they’ve got to meet up there. Although, her lack of development was kinda disappointing there.

I agree, her cameo was kinda disappointing, especially at how Iris sort of changed Dawn a bit. I wish the episodes had a bit less filler in them

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I agree, her cameo was kinda disappointing, especially at how Iris sort of changed Dawn a bit. I wish the episodes had a bit less filler in them

I dont think dawn changed a bit in personality, she was showing stereotypical characteristics every girl shows when they meet a girl with firey personality and not to mention dawn ha a playfull personality. As for the fillers yeas her first 3-4 episodes were mostly fillers which kind of ruined her cameo but atleast it was a longer cameo unlike with earlier ones.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I definitely don’t think Dawn’s personality changed either. The only complaint I have about her cameo is that she spent most of it with Iris instead of Ash but it doesn’t surprise me either.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
With DP possibly getting a remake in gen 8, is there a chance of dawn's cameo in the new series and if there is one what type of interactions can be expected, high five would be the greeting just like it was in dawn's unnova cameo.

Peter Harrison

With DP possibly getting a remake in gen 8, is there a chance of dawn's cameo in the new series and if there is one what type of interactions can be expected, high five would be the greeting just like it was in dawn's unnova cameo.
Yep, it probably would be a high five, at least, maybe a bit more

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I'm glad the pearl community isn't known for bullying people.

I would like to see more d/p eps.

What i've seen so far, i've liked. Such as Ash and Dawn's team work, and how they sometimes say things in unison.

Dawn's cheerleading for Ash is cute too.

Also Dawn didnt go with Kenny when Ash was gonna do the pokemon league. That was cute^^

Last edited:

Peter Harrison

I'm glad the pearl community isn't known for bullying people.

I would like to see more d/p eps.

What i've seen so far, i've liked. Such as Ash and Dawn's team work, and how they sometimes say things in unison.

Dawn's cheerleading for Ash is cute too.

Also Dawn didnt go with Kenny when Ash was gonna do the pokemon league. That was cute^^
Nice post. I liked those moments as well. Their teamwork shows that there bond is very strong and good.
I also liked when Dawn put on a circus for Ash, when he was feeling upset. (After his battle with Paul, at Lake Verity)

TheBraveGallade

Ah hello y'all!
Haven't been here since... Actually around when SuMo launched lol. Nice to see that this thread is still alive and kicking. Here's to the prosperity of this ship!

Yeah I still love the moments when they helped each other. DP was, and still is, the only pkmn anime with the traditional format that did not feel like it JUST revolved around Ash. Ash is given a only slightly more attention than Dawn.

Plus, I think Dawn is the perfect female mirror to Ash without losing the, well, feminine portion.

What can I say, in my opinion the two are made for each other.

Still hoping DP remakes will bring back dawn

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Still hoping DP remakes will bring back dawn
If I'm not mistaken, we will get DP remakes in 2020 as Pokemon game remakes are released out after a new console platform comes out as well. So, if we get DP remakes next year then we might see Dawn's return in the Pokemon Sword & Shield anime in later 2020 or early 2021.
Hopefully it will happen.

Peter Harrison

Gday pals. I recently thought of a new topic for this thread.

What was your favourite DP season for Ash and Dawn?
Mine is Galactic Battles.

michael147

With best wishes
Hello,

I want to say some thoughts about Pearlshipping.

First of all, no need to worry of Pearlshipping even now since Ash and Dawn are already long ago Pokemon-married. Indeed, the Buizel - Aipom trade was like a wedding rings exchange, even better, since Buizel could remind Ash of Dawn. There were even witnesses, Ash's best male friend Brock and Dawn's best female friend Zoey. And before it Ash and Dawn really gaze into each others' eyes like two people being subconsiously in love.

Secondly, the Doc Brock & Gible episodes make sure their Pokemon treated Ash and Dawn like their parents. Besides, the Poffins & Happiny Family episodes really made them look like compatible parents, with Ash washing the dishes and Dawn drying them, with both of them doing household activities.

Thirdly, true love is the highest level of concern which is expressed by doing something caring that one does not expect. Dawn once came to help Ash at night (sic!), possibly being asleep before. Ash once invited Dawn to participate in the tag competition to help her in coping with loss depression. Ash many times showed concern for her and vice versa. Personally, I would not depict him as dense, I would depict him as inexperienced. You might love a person not knowing it is love.

Fourthly, we all know that love is almost always purely accidental. Could Dawn once think she would accidentally try to catch Ash as a pokemon? Gotta Ketchum (catch him) all! By the way, Pachirisu could be named as an indirect 'Pearlshipper' since it many times stroke Ash but he did not complain to Dawn for it as Piplup did for Gible's assaults.

Fifthly, Delia is acquainted with Dawn. Johanna became acquainted with Ash even earlier. Could anyone predict that 'dense' Ash would talk with Dawn's mom after her contest loss? Besides, both mothers are also acquainted.

So, you see, this pearlshipping puzzle is almost complete. No need to worry, whatever female protagonist is now.

Last edited:

Peter Harrison

Hello,

I want to say some thoughts about Pearlshipping.

First of all, no need to worry of Pearlshipping even now since Ash and Dawn are already long ago Pokemon-married. Indeed, the Buizel - Aipom trade was like a wedding rings exchange, even better, since Buizel could remind Ash of Dawn. There were even witnesses, Ash's best male friend Brock and Dawn's best female friend Zoey. And before it Ash and Dawn really gaze into each others' eyes like two people being subconsiously in love.

Secondly, the Doc Brock & Gible episodes make sure their Pokemon treated Ash and Dawn like their parents. Besides, the Poffins & Happiny Family episodes really made them look like compatible parents, with Ash washing the dishes and Dawn drying them, with both of them doing household activities.

Thirdly, true love is the highest level of concern which is expressed by doing something caring that one does not expect. Dawn once came to help Ash at night (sic!), possibly being asleep before. Ash once invited Dawn to participate in the tag competition to help her in coping with loss depression. Ash many times showed concern for her and vice versa. Personally, I would not depict him as dense, I would depict him as inexperienced. You might love a person not knowing it is love.

Fourthly, we all know that love is almost always purely accidental. Could Dawn once think she would accidentally try to catch Ash as a pokemon? Gotta Ketchum (catch him) all! By the way, Pachirisu could be named as an indirect 'Pearlshipper' since it many times stroke Ash but he did not complain to Dawn for it as Piplup did for Gible's assaults.

Fifthly, Delia is acquainted with Dawn. Johanna became acquainted with Ash even earlier. Could anyone predict that 'dense' Ash would talk with Dawn's mom after her contest loss? Besides, both mothers are also acquainted.

So, you see, this pearlshipping puzzle is almost complete. No need to worry, whatever female protagonist is now.

Welcome back to Serebii, Michael, this is a brilliant post you made. I 100% agree with this.

michael147

With best wishes
A question about an underestimated Satoshi's & Hikari's pokemon relationship:

What do you think of Fukamaru & Pochama interactions? Why on earth did Fukamaru almost always hit Pochama with his draco meteor? What did the authors imply by that?

In fact, this running gag led us to some pearlshipping moments either in reality and in Pochama's dreams. For example, both Satoshi and Hikari had cared for Fukamaru before Pochama went away, and Hikari strongly wished Satoshi to stop Fukamaru but eventually it helped them to find Pochama and even Pochama clapped Fukamaru after being found.

Last edited:

Peter Harrison

What do you think of Fukamaru & Pochama interactions?

They were quite funny and good. Piplup is one of my favourite Pokemon from the show.

LadyTriox

I'm posting again. I heard the trouble maker (for the sake of not starting any drama, i won't state their name) that may be trying to get me banned and stuff got a good talking to from the serebii staff, so i think its safe for me to post around this forum again.

Anyways, all that aside, I will now post some stuff relating to pearlshipping.

I still like this ship a lot, especially cuz i've liked what i've seen of the online fandom for it. Pearlshippers in general seem like nice people to me....I mean, i'm sure there are mean pearlshippers, too. There's mean people in EVERY fandom. But what i've generally seen, I like.

I have a friend who shows me pearl related fan art a lot, and I plan on making puzzles of some of it sometime :) The fan art they show me is adorable. I especially liked this one of Dawn washing Ash's hair. Cuz of how girly I am, I feel both sorry and happy for Ash at the same time. Spa treatments are fun in my book....xD Whether or not Ash would agree to it!

Also, Piplup and Oshawott's interactions from what I saw were pretty funny! :3
From what i've seen, i'm not sure I really saw a lot of Dawn's b/w arc xD Though I have seen the clip where she sneak's up on Ash several times on pearlshipping amvs. That moment is pretty adorable ;3

Peter Harrison

Gday and welcome back to this place, @LadyTriox .
I like that moment too, where Dawn sneaks up on Ash in the BW series.

LadyTriox

I also like the ice cream date. :3 Really cute and also I relate to it in general cuz I like sweets a lot lol.

I wish Ash made poffins with Dawn more often. I don't remember him doing that much xD Probably cuz he stank at it or something.

If she returns and they make poffins just to bond though that would be so awesome. I could see it happening, too, really :)

Peter Harrison

LadyTriox’s post is right. Ash making more puffins with Dawn would be a good bonding activity for them both to do together.

And that ice cream date they had is one of my favourite moments.

LadyTriox

I love how their pokemon hint at them being a pair too :) (lagomorthshipping is adorable^^)

You know what would also be neat? Ash and Dawn both getting final forum johto starters together. Maybe both of them would get a Typhlosion? :p They both have Quilava. Now Typhlosion will forever remind me of pearlshipping! xD

Barry Hernandez

Seems like an interesting thread. I’m not much of a shipper, but this thread looks fun.

Ash and Dawn becoming a couple in the future could work quite well, IMo.

Status
Not open for further replies.